• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data Updated sales numbers for Switch titles: Princess Peach: Showtime! (1.22M), Mario vs. Donkey Kong (1.12M), and more

mazi

picross pundit

updated sales numbers as of March 31, 2024 (+sales in the last quarter):
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 61.97M (+1.39M)
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 45.36M (+570K)
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 34.22M (+550K)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 31.85M (+240K)
  • Super Mario Odyssey - 27.96M (+310K)
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield - 26.27M (+100K)
  • Pokémon Scarlet and Violet - 24.92M (+560K)
  • Super Mario Party - 20.66M (+320K)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - 20.61M (+330K)
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 17.45M (+250K)
  • Luigi’s Mansion 3 - 14.25M (+270K)
  • Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury - 13.47M (+300K)
  • Super Mario Bros. Wonder - 13.44M (+1.48M)
  • Nintendo Switch Sports - 13.11M (+630K)
  • Mario Party Superstars - 12.89M (+580K)
  • Splatoon 3 - 11.96M (+250K)
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land - 7.52M (+560K since September 2023)
  • Pikmin 4 - 3.48M (+150K)
  • Super Mario RPG - 3.31M (+170K)
  • Princess Peach: Showtime! - 1.22M
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong - 1.12M

Last edited:
Dropped early? Thought we were expecting this in 25 minutes. Not complaining though, let's bask in the short few peaceful moments before total meltdown at no Switch 2 news

Correct me if I’m wrong but 3.4 million for Pikmin 4 is REALLY good for that series, right? 5th best selling Nintendo game this quarter.

Also Kirby and the Forgotten Land sold another million this fiscal year out of nowhere, that’s awesome to see.

Here's my traditional Pokémon sales chart

Some 3DS games had some updated numbers too!

GM9NWa5XkAEhR_W

Correct me if I’m wrong but 3.4 million for Pikmin 4 is REALLY good for that series, right? 5th best selling Nintendo game this quarter.

Also Kirby and the Forgotten Land sold another million this fiscal year out of nowhere, that’s awesome to see.
Yes it is! It's also great to see Nintendo themselves state that the sales were good

Pikmin 4 was already the best-selling game in the series after its first two months, beating out Pikmin 3 Deluxe's 2.4 million, so yeah, pretty good showing.

Also it's certainly a mystery why they didn't throw Wario into Q1 or Q2 considering how quiet it is compared to where it was placed in between a bunch of bigger Mario games.

Are we thinking Scarlet and Violet will overtake Sword and Shield and be the second best selling games in the series or will Legends Z-A potentially interfere with its legs?
I think it will. Looks like Scarlet and Violet sold 2.82m this past fiscal year? Z-A's not coming till next year, past holiday 2024 and maybe even past the 24-25 fiscal year. Even when it does drop, I don't think it should interfere with Scarlet and Violet too much. Arceus didn't cut off Sword and Shield's legs I don't think. New generation of Pokémon is on a whole 'nother level, them new designs got that draw

That's a lot lower than I would have guessed for princess peach opening. I guess it was only about a week of sales, but still.

Oh yeah, RIP Peach and SUPER RIP WarioWare. I forgot the latter came out and wasn’t on that list.

[Edit] Actually no RIP Peach, forgot that was only after a week of sales. Still, I think quite a lot of people were expecting this game to be pretty big.

Last edited:
MK8 probably won't reach Wii Sports but it's crazy how close it will get

Mario kart 8 is the 6th best selling console/pc videogame of all time according to Wikipedia without even including the Wii U Version now.

Only Minecraft, GTAV, PUBG, Wii sports and Tetris are ahead, and Tetris is really counting different games across consoles. Mario kart 8 +8Deluxe could reasonably overtake the last reported numbers for PUBG too.

It's insane.

62 million for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Keep in mind that it's been selling for $60 95% of the time, and is a slightly upgraded version of vanilla mario kart 8. Which itself sold like 8 million copies.

Absolutely insane roi.

Peach seems pretty good for about a week of sales of a new sub-IP.

Also it's certainly a mystery why they didn't throw Wario into Q1 or Q2 considering how quiet it is compared to where it was placed in between a bunch of bigger Mario games.
I’m guessing the logic is that it’s essentially a sequel to the best selling game in the series, so a holiday push would work.

I think part of the problem is that Get it Together only released two years prior.

Mario kart 8 is the 6th best selling console/pc videogame of all time according to Wikipedia without even including the Wii U Version now.

Only Minecraft, GTAV, PUBG, Wii sports and Tetris are ahead, and Tetris is really counting different games across consoles. Mario kart 8 +8Deluxe could reasonably overtake the last reported numbers for PUBG too.

It's insane.
Yeah Tetris is scuffed on that list because of the EA version on mobile. I don't know current sales of PUBG, maybe PUBG mobile means the paid version doesn't sell quite as much anymore?

In any case just fun if the huge pack in game Wii Sports gets overtaken by Mario Kart.

I'm very happy for :

• Pikmin 4 - 3.48M (+510K)
:)

I hope Wonder will be better than NSMBU and Pikmin will exceed 4M !

Super Mario RPG can do better if Europe were more concerned :(

Only 330k for TotK this quarter, I’ll be honest, I thought it would have much better legs than this.

You want Twilight Princess or Wind Waker HD but I think gamers want to take a break from Zelda.

Peach numbers seem fine if on the lower end. I guess it'll sell like a Yoshi game when it's all said and done... which makes sense for Good Feel.

SMRPG hold is pretty decent, probably won't hit 4 million but still a successful remake no matter how you slice it.

Pikmin legs are insane, that's a franchise that could really grow going forward.

Completely forgot about Warioware, wonder if it has a chance to make it past the 1 million mark eventually. Do we have any indication of how it did at all?

updated sales numbers as of March 31, 2024 (+sales in the last quarter):
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 61.97M (+1.39M)
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 45.36M (+570K_
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 34.22M (+550K)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 31.85M (+240K)
  • Super Mario Odyssey - 27.96M (+310K)
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield - 26.27M (+100K)
  • Pokémon Scarlet and Violet - 24.92M (+560K)
  • Super Mario Party - 20.66M (+320K)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - 20.61M (+330K)
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 17.45M (+250K)
  • Luigi’s Mansion 3 - 14.25M (+270K)
  • Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury - 13.47M (+300K)
  • Nintendo Switch Sports - 13.11M (+630K)
  • Mario Party Superstars - 12.89M (+580K)
  • Splatoon 3 - 11.96M (+250K)
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land - 7.52M (+560K since September 2023)
  • Pikmin 4 - 3.48M (+510K)
  • Princess Peach: Showtime! - 1.22M
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong - 1.12M
We're nearing the end of Switch 1 generation, and I still can't get over the fact that so many titles are selling tens of millions.
If people would've predicted this when Switch was announced, they would've been called delusional.

Are we thinking Scarlet and Violet will overtake Sword and Shield and be the second best selling games in the series or will Legends Z-A potentially interfere with its legs?

It should still hit it. SWSH sold 4m more since this point of my life

it's pretty good for just a week of sales.
Definitely not bad by any means but I was expecting closer to 2 million. Will have to see where it's at next quarter.

Speaking of, that's when we'll get TTYD numbers, which will probably merit a staff post

96 million Pokemon games sold on Switch is kind of a wild metric to be honest. With the remaining legs + release of Legends Z, it's possible that Switch Pokemon software could surpass DS and 3DS combined (111 million).

good results all around, big winners are of course mk8 deluxe (who would have thought), mario wonder, pokemon sv (which is en route to surpass sword and shield) and surprisingly Pikmin 4.
The latter will easily surpass 4mil copies sold this year and could reasonably go on to sell 5mil when it’s all said and done, even higher than the most rosy predictions (the thread predicting it’s sales performance aged like milk).
Great legs for kirby, switch sports and the rest, TotK continues his disappointing legs but that was expected.
Mk8 will become the best selling Nintendo game ever.

Spreadsheet time once again:

kinda surprised ring fit didn't manage to sell a million this year. its sales haven't been updated since march 2023 (15.38 million).

Peach is on the way lower end for what I expected. I like it, but find it hard to recommend so I guess that makes sense. Will probably do well come the holidays later this year. Very happy Mario Vs DK did solid numbers, they did an excellent job bringing that back.

Back
Top Bottom