• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Upcoming Pokémon Day announcement potentially leaked

Look, i'm wary of that rumor's new system part ... but the wording is "graphics enhancement" for the new model, and not for DLC 2.

Also, why would they make such a patch and lock it to some special OLED models?
Keeping into account the use of machine translation (and assuming the post is 100% legit, which TBF it got a LOT right), it's possible they just mean "a new graphical enhancement patch will be released alongside DLC part 2 and some new special edition Switch models". Not saying it's for sure what they meant, but assuming skepticism around new hardware it's what makes the most sense IMO.

Quoted by: LiC
Keeping into account the use of machine translation (and assuming the post is 100% legit, which TBF it got a LOT right), it's possible they just mean "a new graphical enhancement patch will be released alongside DLC part 2 and some new special edition Switch models". Not saying it's for sure what they meant, but assuming skepticism around new hardware it's what makes the most sense IMO.
This assumes the existence of both a "graphical enhancement patch" for a game on its original hardware, which would be a first for Nintendo games if not console games in general, and new Scarlet/Violet special edition hardware releasing later this year, even though that already happened last year.

Really disappointed that the Spike Chunsoft copyright didn't amount to anything. Would've been nice to see at least one new console spin-off in here.

If true. It's 100% a new model. Deff lines up with the oct announcement march release schedule they have. 7 years is also the usual life span of a console.

This assumes the existence of both a "graphical enhancement patch" for a game on its original hardware, which would be a first for Nintendo games if not console games in general, and new Scarlet/Violet special edition hardware releasing later this year, even though that already happened last year.
I mean, if “graphical enhancement” is some weird translation for optimization or w/e then it could track. But who knows.

I want to believe in the Switch 2 Soon™️ but I honestly have to remain skeptical. We’ll see come summer or fall, at any rate. If this leak was fake or wrong, then there’s always next year.

Back
Top Bottom