• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Reviews Triangle Strategy - Review thread

Final predictions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good! Will grab this later, as I need to complete some games first.

Just started properly working my way through the demo. A lot of dialogue but I’m enjoying it so I don’t really mind.

Still debating between this and GT7 since work has been killer the past few weeks and I kinda just want a distraction. Seems like a safe bet given the scores and my general positive feeling on the demo so far.

I mean it was pretty obvious this is a story heavy game.

Pairing the 'always on', story light Elden Ring with a slow, tactical story focused Triangle Strategy is a match made in heaven for March.

It will be criticized for not having sportmates and gyro controls.

DfnoAdiUcAAPXy3.jpg
I remember that at the time I absolutely hated the Wii gimmicks (I have abandoned several Wii games because of that, like MP Trilogy, Mario Galaxy....Other M literally resulted in ten sessions of physiotherapy)

I mean it was pretty obvious this is a story heavy game.

Pairing the 'always on', story light Elden Ring with a slow, tactical story focused Triangle Strategy is a match made in heaven for March.
In my case, I've to include GT7 and Horizon as well. So far, Horizon is the one that failed to get me hooked.

Really glad to see the game doesn't disappoint in narrative and world-building. I'll pick it up for sure now, always up for more medieval TRPGs.

Read the EG review and really happy to hear this is looking like a 35-40 hour playthrough for each run. This is music to my ears after the last two JRPGs I played to completion were Persona 5 and Octopath. There’s too many games coming out this year and having a nice slate of shorter RPGs coming from Square-Enix makes this year a lot less anxiety-inducing.

Ultimately excited for the game because the combats look great, but this phrase in the Eurogamer review got me a bit worried for the pacing of the game
This sounded like the demo where there are a bunch of optional and required cutscenes that you can select from the map between battles. I don’t think we’re in Kojima territory here 😂

@Guaraná would you be able to convert the Meta/Opencritic banners in OP to clickable links to the site? Would be a nice convenience.
I appreciate you!
Close eye on this game, deciding whether to cop a physical now or wait a bit. Haven't looked at what the limited ed holds yet.

One of the review sites I look at in particular for these types of games:

https://www.rpgsite.net/review/12464-triangle-strategy-review 7

Last edited:
So from reading all the reviews the TLDR main complaint seems to be "a lot of dialogue that outpaces battle gameplay". I've no problem with lots of dialogue, just hope the battle count isn't too low.

82 on opencritic now

Nintendo World Report (9.5/10):
Triangle Strategy doesn’t reinvent the strategy RPG genre, but it polishes it to an HD-2D shine. Each facet of the game complements the others, and at every turn I was left waiting with baited breath to see what would happen next. A new game plus mode unlocks after rolling credits, making it all the easier to dive back in and uncover paths yet untrod, and the second I had completed one route I felt that overwhelming rush to see what I had missed. The grid-style, turn-based combat lives up to the best of its predecessors, and while it may lack the customizability of a job system, the cavalcade of recruitable party members is a worthy replacement. Whether you’re in it for the story, the gameplay, or the aesthetics, the total package is one for the ages, and from any angle the strategy is clear: add Triangle Strategy to your Switch library. Maybe tell friends and family to end their turn; you’re going to be busy for a while.

Reviewers on this game:

Gaston-Beauty-Beast-1200x804.jpg

The funny thing is that I’m sure some of them are also looking forward to the next “get cozy because it’s going to be at least an hour of text and cutscenes before the next dungeon” Persona game. So it goes I guess.

I didn't want to make a new thread, but I wanted to say I'm at chapter VII, and I love everything about the game. It took .e a while to continue past the demo, but now I look forward to continue the story every night I have a bit of time.

I’m getting toward the end of Octopath Traveler and I’m trying to decide if I should hop on this before moving on to OT2

I’m getting toward the end of Octopath Traveler and I’m trying to decide if I should hop on this before moving on to OT2
One on hand, playing both Octopath games one after the other could burn you out.

On the other hand, OT2 is the greatest game of all time sooooooooooooooooooo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom