• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Trails From Zero Is Out Now. Fami, Let Me Share My Full Enthusiasm For This Awesome Game With You.

I’m absolutely addicted to this game.

This game is absolutely fantastic. It’s so charming and makes me feel so happy. You can tell it’s made with so much love.
This is me lol. I had to stop playing cause I was hoping to get confirmation for Azure. I am taking my time as well cause its a game that has a charm for another era.

Realized none of us posted the trailer for Azure. Don’t click if you want to go in blind. It shows two of the biggest story beats for the game.

I was not sure if I should post it (I haven't seen it) due to possible spoilers. And NISA tends to spoil stuff in their trailers.

I wrapped up chapter 3 day 4 tonight. Really impressed how much more moving the end of it was with full voice acting. Very excited to move onto day 5 tomorrow and choose someone else. I brought Elie the first time I played through since she made the most sense story-wise to me. This time I plan to bring Tio which will keep me on track for her ending. Randy I’m saving for when the series ends and I want to play all of the games again.

Happy I wrapped up fishing today too!

I think we will get dates for Reverie and Nayuta, and mayyybe Kuro official title + a general 2024 for release date.

I would love a remaster of Ys: Ark of Napishtim

Be careful of what you ask for

I think we will get dates for Reverie and Nayuta, and mayyybe Kuro official title + a general 2024 for release date.

Be careful of what you ask for

Exactly how many fingers does that damned Monkey Paw have!
The recently announced mobile version of Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim is officially titled Ys VI Online: The Ark of Napishtim and will launch this spring in Japan as a free-to-play title with in-app purchases, publisher Restar Games announced.

I wonder the process for the Trails translations . I think Kuro has been "known" as Trails into Dark but that's kinda of cheesy. Even Ao no Kiseki (Ao no being Blue in japanese) was given Azure. Maybe Trails into Darkness or Trails into Abyss/Depth. Abyss is to close to Tales lol

I wonder the process for the Trails translations . I think Kuro has been "known" as Trails into Dark but that's kinda of cheesy. Even Ao no Kiseki (Ao no being Blue in japanese) was given Azure. Maybe Trails into Darkness or Trails into Abyss/Depth. Abyss is to close to Tales lol
IIRC for awhile some places were calling Sen No Kiseki "Trails in the Flash", so I wouldn't worry about what some places are roughly translating Kuro as right now.

Trails into Reverie will be released in summer 2023.

Steam NISA Sale

With that, I think it's save to say that Nayuta will be released last at around October 2023.

I think it makes sense to leave Nayuta for last since its not part of the main games.

With this sale I might pull the trigger of CS 1&2 on PC and get the rest on switch (Ill wait till Friday lol)

I was feeling the chills, aches, and bleh from my COVID booster tonight, so I sat down and played this game for a few hours. When I finished up for the night, I realized I was feeling significantly better. Conclusion: This game cures ailments.

… okay more than likely it was the ibuprofen

Spent the night finishing up everything I could before the point of no return. The tracker is very handy for that.

unknown.png

Just missing some art cancells for the trophy and have to cook all peculiar dishes and then I can move on.

I finished Chapter 3 Day 1, great end. Something I wish this game had is touch support on switch, it was a psp game so maybe that plays a role. I think Azure will probably be the same. For the people who have played CS 3&4 on switch (or 1&2 in japanese) do those game have touch support?

Its not a deal breaker I just like using the feature to scroll through text (specially JRPGS) when I am on bed playing lol.

firefox_gED9IC8u8E.jpg
That's a juicy LE. Also it's coming to PS5 which is cool. Hopefully I can grab a switch edition tomorrow and buy the steam version
That looks super rad. Probably getting the LE on PS5 and standard edition on Switch.
Is this our Kiseki ST now lol can I post about my experiences with Trails in the sky?
Go for it! Sky is my favorite and I’d love to hear how your journey is continuing :)

I was thinking last night, the way this thread has evolved has encouraged me to make an Azure ST next year (probably a bit light on text / media so people can go in blind, but it’d be a proper home for discussion nonetheless). If we keep making more Trails fans on Fami, I’d probably make a general Trails ST next for when Reverie hits. The general RPG thread has hosted a lot of Trails talk until now and Zero/Azure has served as an excellent intro to the series which brought in fresh interest whereas Reverie in particular you’ll want at least four to six other games under your belt (if not all nine) before you play it. At the same time, I think this thread is a great example of you don’t need a ton of people to have a fun, worthwhile thread, but I do want to see where the interest lies before making any decisions on my end at least.

So yeah, anyone out there, let me know in the future what you want to see. In the meantime, feel free to use this thread as you want for Trails talk :)

I’m still in the middle of my Zero replay playthrough as I just reached Mishelam and I have this thread on watch so I’ll be here a good while!

Wherever it takes place, I'm always down for more Trails talk! This thread isn't blowing up or anything, but I love how steady it is. Perhaps smaller numbers than STs for bigger games, but we still have dedicated participation here. That's one of my favorite things about the Trails community.

Anyways, I'm still working through Zero. I wish I had more time on the weekdays but it is what it is. I think my favorite thing about it so far is how well it mixes exposition with action -- for comparison, Sky FC felt like a bit of a slog early on, at least to me. Zero, on the other hand, makes each event feel significant, and overall the buildup feels like it's paced better. I'm hopeful and confident that it will stay strong all the way to the end!

That looks super rad. Probably getting the LE on PS5 and standard edition on Switch.

Go for it! Sky is my favorite and I’d love to hear how your journey is continuing :)

I was thinking last night, the way this thread has evolved has encouraged me to make an Azure ST next year (probably a bit light on text / media so people can go in blind, but it’d be a proper home for discussion nonetheless). If we keep making more Trails fans on Fami, I’d probably make a general Trails ST next for when Reverie hits. The general RPG thread has hosted a lot of Trails talk until now and Zero/Azure has served as an excellent intro to the series which brought in fresh interest whereas Reverie in particular you’ll want at least four to six other games under your belt (if not all nine) before you play it. At the same time, I think this thread is a great example of you don’t need a ton of people to have a fun, worthwhile thread, but I do want to see where the interest lies before making any decisions on my end at least.

So yeah, anyone out there, let me know in the future what you want to see. In the meantime, feel free to use this thread as you want for Trails talk :)

I’m still in the middle of my Zero replay playthrough as I just reached Mishelam and I have this thread on watch so I’ll be here a good while!

Woohoo! I'll write an update tomorrow :) as for your thoughts and plans for future and more general STs, that all sounds wonderful but also don't put too much pressure on yourself. We're all having fun in here for now so don't worry about it. It feels like a really great time to jump in though with so much lined up over the next year, hopefully we do end up with a nice little community!

Woohoo! I'll write an update tomorrow :) as for your thoughts and plans for future and more general STs, that all sounds wonderful but also don't put too much pressure on yourself. We're all having fun in here for now so don't worry about it. It feels like a really great time to jump in though with so much lined up over the next year, hopefully we do end up with a nice little community!
Thanks Donnie :)

Made it to the final dungeon! This Nightmare run without NG+ bonuses has been a lot of fun. This will be my first time trying to get the achievement for beating the game at or under lvl 40 so I'm a bit nervous lol.

I think I will beat the game first getting all treasure chests and leveling up and then I'll clear the dungeon again without fighting but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

My progress

unknown.png

unknown.png

So is the announcement of a PS5 version and the time widow for Reverie all for the NIS x Falcom week? Outside of streams and bundles

firefox_gED9IC8u8E.jpg
That's a juicy LE. Also it's coming to PS5 which is cool. Hopefully I can grab a switch edition tomorrow and buy the steam version
1666391189035.png

There's also a limited edition with C, Lloyd and Rean plushies.

Aaaand we're done.

20221022112931_1.jpg

I still have 9 achievements to get but 1 means I have to replay the game which sucks but it should go quick if I rush it on easy mode. Besides that, I'm mostly done. I'll try to post a lengthy take with my thoughts later.

I had been unable to play for a few days so I was happy to return tonight and wrap up both Chapter 3 and the Intermission. I love the final stretch of chapter 3, especially the final boss and scenes right after. The latter made a huge impact my first time through and still felt cool this time. Though way too brief, I also really appreciate having Wazy on the team. They are one of my favorite characters and I’m glad they have an expanded role in Azure. The Intermission is short, but definitely a fun chapter in the game especially since I like the character at the heart of it.

I’ve been having a ton of fun with this replay, and sharing the journey together with everyone here has made it extra special, but I’m excited still the end is finally in sight.

So right after I finish Trails from Zero I moved straight onto Trails in the Sky lol I did a little shifting around between the pc version on my laptop and the evo versions on the vita. Even though pc has turbo which is extremely nice, I ended up playing on the vita since the evolution versions basically standardise the UI to match Zero and that kind of thing and I just really appreciate having that consistency lol

As for the actual game, I'm having a wonderful time which I think at this point I realise I'm just going to echo as I play each one of these lol obviously these are actual old games but there's a wonderful feeling to unearthing what feel like jrpgs from the golden age of the PS1 that I never played. Particularly what I'm loving about Trails is the wholesome character focus that reminds me a lot of games like Lunar and Grandia. Something that's crossed my mind as I've played in the sky is it has a little bit of that Dragon Quest quality too where each chapter or town you go to feels like its own little scenario with its own themes or message, while still adding to the larger plot. I'm currently on chapter 3:

The orbal factory is Zeiss has been attacked and the professor has been abducted alongside the black orbment so we'regiving chase!

I think overall I'm leaning towards Zero's tighter more focused and dense setting plus the tighter cast in preference but I like that they've did different things between the two, the journey aspect and watching Estelle & Joshua grow region to region is a real pleasure and Estelle is just a genuinely hilarious character. Some of the scenes in Ruan like the windmill viewing platform beat are just so well done and are really keeping me invested in these characters and their own desires and wants as young people growing up alongside the grander plot.

I really did mean to do more frequent updates as I went but I just found myself playing more and more lmao I am taking @Bokuringo 's advice on board though about burnout, I think I'll maybe take a break after this one and do SC in December, then 3rd after Christmas and that would get me caught up in time for Azure. Then uh, just the cold steel games to fit in before Reverie I guess....:| lmao

Last edited:
So right after I finish Trails from Zero I moved straight onto Trails in the Sky lol I did a little shifting around between the pc version on my laptop and the evo versions on the vita. Even though pc has turbo which is extremely nice, I ended up playing on the vita since the evolution versions basically standardise the UI to match Zero and that kind of thing and I just really appreciate having that consistency lol

As for the actual game, I'm having a wonderful time which I think at this point I realise I'm just going to echo as I play each one of these lol obviously these are actual old games but there's a wonderful feeling to unearthing what feel like jrpgs from the golden age of the PS1 that I never played. Particularly what I'm loving about Trails is the wholesome character focus that reminds me a lot of games like Lunar and Grandia. Something that's crossed my mind as I've played in the sky is it has a little bit of that Dragon Quest quality too where each chapter or town you go to feels like its own little scenario with its own themes or message, while still adding to the larger plot. I'm currently on chapter 3:

The orbal factory is Zeiss has been attacked and the professor has been abducted alongside the black orbment so we'regiving chase!

I think overall I'm leaning towards Zero's tighter more focused and dense setting plus the tighter cast in preference but I like that they've did different things between the two, the journey aspect and watching Estelle & Joshua grow region to region is a real pleasure and Estelle is just a genuinely hilarious character. Some of the scenes in Ruan like the windmill viewing platform beat are just so well done and are really keeping me invested in these characters and their own desires and wants as young people growing up alongside the grander plot.

I really did mean to do more frequent updates as I went but I just found myself playing more and more lmao I am taking @Bokuringo 's advice on board though about burnout, I think I'll maybe take a break after this one and do SC in December, then 3rd after Christmas and that would get me caught up in time for Azure. Then uh, just the cold steel games to fit in before Reverie I guess....:|
Wow! You are already in chapter 3! Ruan and Zeiss are my favorite chapters in the game. Glad you are enjoying this series so much!

Yeah pacing yourself is definitely important. The series is a marathon to savor, not a sprint :)

Wow, ok. NG+ is not as bad as I thought with giga turbo speed. I just carried over everything, picked easy mode and 2-3 hours later I'm on chapter 3 LOL.

Feels weird not talking to anyone but I'm just trying to speedrun here for the achievements and the NG+ dungeon.

Wow, ok. NG+ is not as bad as I thought with giga turbo speed. I just carried over everything, picked easy mode and 2-3 hours later I'm on chapter 3 LOL.

Feels weird not talking to anyone but I'm just trying to speedrun here for the achievements and the NG+ dungeon.

Does the ng+ Dungeon have more story stuff? Or is it strictly more game?

Something I meant to mention about Trails in the Sky in relation to Zero, my most wtf moment so far lol

Kilika being the receptionist in the Zeiss Bracer's gui)d??? Lookong foreard to what plays out there lol

Does the ng+ Dungeon have more story stuff? Or is it strictly more game?

Something I meant to mention about Trails in the Sky in relation to Zero, my most wtf moment so far lol

Kilika being the receptionist in the Zeiss Bracer's gui)d??? Lookong foreard to what plays out there lol
Nope, just a dungeon and the hardest boss in the game. Just doing it for the achievements to be honest but you are not missing out on anything.

Playing Chapter 1 on Hard.

The improvements above PSP version is ridiculous.

Heaving a better translation do wonders XD.

Since this seems to be the Trails thread, I might as well jot down some of my thoughts from my recently finished Trails in the Sky replay I wrapped up a few days ago. Been around 2.5 years since I played it for the first time, I believe.
  • I know a lot of people complain about the slow start, and I was definitely feeling it too for a bit. The prologue is brutally slow, and while I get that setting up something as grandiose as the Sky arc (and Trails as a whole) takes time, they definitely could've sped up the pace a bit to start. Certainly doesn't help that Rolent is by far the least interesting region in Liberl.
  • With that being said, once you get into the main chapters, things pick up considerably. It's so easy to get engrossed in the world of Liberl and Zemuria, so the low-key plot actually works really well. My only real complaint with the pacing is how long it can take to walk from A to B; chapter 2 in particular is terrible with this, given how often you return to Manoria Village.
  • Combat was as fun as I remembered it being. It takes way too long to really get going, mostly due to how often you're swapping out party members and how long it takes to unlock orbment slots, but the catharsis of the final chapter when you finally run into a real challenge is a real treat. The Grand Arena fights in particular are a ton of fun. Final boss isn't great though, had to resort to some cheesy strategies to deal with the AOE attacks.
  • Probably my biggest complaint here is the dialogue, which really shows its age at times. There's some great stuff, as to be expected from Trails, but there's also a lot of tropey nonsense that ranges from mildly cringeworthy to just plain gross. The early chapters are definitely the worst off with this, particularly with the fawning over a 16-year old Joshua by multiple adults and the rather tasteless reaction Estelle had to Olivier openly flirting with men.
  • Another thing I'm not a huge fan of is the sidequests. Timed side content is already iffy in my book, but the lack of transparency as to when certain quests expire is just terrible. It's a needlessly stressful system that ultimately does more harm than good. Thankfully, you don't need to do literally everything to reach the top rank.
  • Now that I've played the full trilogy and understand the true purpose of Trails in the Sky, the story structure stands out in a great way. There are so many seemingly disconnected stories, and while they all ultimately fall in line with Richard's coup and Ouroborous shenanigans, it still feels fairly disjoint, and most plotlines aren't resolved until SC. But that's ultimately the point, as the entire game revolves around Estelle's development as a character. She's never the most experienced person in the room, never the most reliable, and always needing the most help out of everyone. But she takes those experiences and learns from them, growing into a capable bracer. She then takes that growth and uses it to resolve the conflicts of SC, many of which revolve around characters that Estelle herself learned from, ultimately culminating in her saving Joshua from his own torment, after Joshua spent all of FC supporting and guiding her. FC isn't just setup in regards to Ouroborous and the conflicts of Liberl; it's setting up the character development of its entire cast. In FC, they're all the vehicle for Estelle's development, who then in turn becomes the vehicle for their character development in SC. Brilliant stuff.
  • I know there's been talk for a while of a potential Sky Trilogy remake from Falcom, which would be really cool. Besides the obvious QoL and graphical improvements, Trails in the Sky would benefit immensely from taking a page out of Yakuza/Like a Dragon's book and giving Richard a series of cutscenes spread throughout the game that help outline his motivations, similar to what the main antagonist got in Yakuza Kiwami. He's a great introduction to the deeper politics of Liberl, and he gets some awesome character development down the line, but as a standalone character he's not the most compelling here. Certainly not bad, and I'm happy this is the route they took instead of shoehorning in some sort of godlike deity this early on, but he could've used some more screentime given his importance.
  • Another thing I want to touch on is Cassius, who I think is handled really well. He could've used a better introduction, and some more "family time" at the start of the game would go a long way in establishing the relationship he had with Estelle and fully contextualizing why he left the army for the bracer guild, but it's still really cool seeing how his character is built up over the game. There's always some new ridiculous accomplishment that Estelle didn't know about beforehand, some new connection that simultaneously is a huge surprise that still makes all the sense in the world. He, along with the Loewe fight in the castle, do a great job of showing just how far you are from truly cementing your status as a hero in Liberl.

Overall, while I think my opinion went down a touch, I still had a ton of fun revisiting this game. Already started SC, which I have very fond memories of, so hopefully that lives up to those and fully capitalizes on everything that FC does right.

Last edited:
  • Probably my biggest complaint here is the dialogue, which really shows its age at times. There's some great stuff, as to be expected from Trails, but there's also a lot of tropey nonsense that ranges from mildly cringeworthy to just plain gross. The early chapters are definitely the worst off with this, particularly with the fawning over a 16-year old Joshua by multiple adults and the rather tasteless reaction Estelle had to Olivier openly flirting with men.

This was a really good thoughtful write up in general, I think the pacing has bothered me a little less than it did for you but I can definitely see why that would annoy and particularly on a replay. I just wanted to highlight the above and say I wholeheartedly agree. I didn't mention this stuff in my own post but mostly just because anytime this stuff pops up I just hammer circle and try and get past it ASAP lol the disappointing thing is one of the high points of this game for me has been how kind of cosy and thoughtful it can be with it's characters so when this stuff rears it's head, it's REALLY jarring and there's just no place for it. I would hope any sort of remake in the future would yeet. There's a particular comment from Schera early on to Joshua that is just disgusting really.

This was a really good thoughtful write up in general, I think the pacing has bothered me a little less than it did for you but I can definitely see why that would annoy and particularly on a replay. I just wanted to highlight the above and say I wholeheartedly agree. I didn't mention this stuff in my own post but mostly just because anytime this stuff pops up I just hammer circle and try and get past it ASAP lol the disappointing thing is one of the high points of this game for me has been how kind of cosy and thoughtful it can be with it's characters so when this stuff rears it's head, it's REALLY jarring and there's just no place for it. I would hope any sort of remake in the future would yeet. There's a particular comment from Schera early on to Joshua that is just disgusting really.
I don't have experience with Trails in the Sky, but moments like this are definitely noticeable in Trails of Cold Steel. I think it's especially jarring because most of the game is pretty mild/lacking in that kind of thing, so when it does pop up it's much more of a lurch. I still have no idea why the game decided to do the 'lol main character faceplants into boobs' cliche like... 15 minutes into the game. Especially when there's almost no other instances of that level of cliche cringe in the entire rest of the game (I guess Angelica is a thing, though I seem to remember she's much less bad in the first game than later ones). Then again, Ys 8 does something similar super early in the game and that always seemed just about as jarring to me.

I just finished Cold Steel 3, and its crazy to think I'm almost caught up to the translated part of the series 😭 it seemed so far away, now I'm dreading to be caught up soon..

Thoughts:
THAT CLIFFHANGER ENDING IS ILLEGAL

Going through Chapter 3 it made me realize that you can start with Zero but having the context of Sky makes certain scenes a bit more impactful. I did not play Sky, I watched it on youtube (even thought I have the games on PC lol) and the
Renne scene from Chapter 3
made me tear up a bit.

How does one blur words?

I just finished Cold Steel 3, and its crazy to think I'm almost caught up to the translated part of the series 😭 it seemed so far away, now I'm dreading to be caught up soon..

Thoughts:
THAT CLIFFHANGER ENDING IS ILLEGAL
Haha loved your spoiler message. Felt the same lol.
Going through Chapter 3 it made me realize that you can start with Zero but having the context of Sky makes certain scenes a bit more impactful. I did not play Sky, I watched it on youtube (even thought I have the games on PC lol) and the
Renne scene from Chapter 3
made me tear up a bit.

How does one blur words?
Yeah it’s always going to be preferred you played all of the games in original Japanese release order, but if you didn’t, Zero is the next best place to start otherwise. I had to do the US release order of 1, 2, 6, 7, 3, 8, 4, 9, 5 and it was fine, the stories of these games aren’t terribly complicated, but I can definitely say 9 (CS4) hit better since I at least had Zero under my belt by then and had a proper connection with the SSS and Crossbell. I really wish I could have at least played Zero before CS2 and especially CS3 given what happens in those games. My hope with people checking out Zero is if they like it, they’ll catch up on Sky afterwards before Azure since there’s lots of cool Sky stuff in it, but if they pushed forward they’d still be fine.

If you click on the buttons next to Bold and Italics to open up more options above your post, click on the mask looking icon. It’s ispoiler if you prefer typing in brackets instead.

Last edited:
I will say, playing Zero and then going back to Sky has been a joy. Zero very obviously had moments that were references or that meant more if you had played the previous games but most of it came off just the right level of vague where i understood everything i needed to but felt invited to play Skies and see the rest. It felt like a really good entry point on my end! :)

Last edited:
Haha loved your spoiler message. Felt the same lol.

Yeah it’s always going to be preferred you played all of the games in original Japanese release order, but if you didn’t, Zero is the next best place to start otherwise. I had to do the US release order of 1, 2, 6, 7, 3, 8, 4, 9, 5 and it was fine, the stories of these games aren’t terribly complicated, but I can definitely say 9 (CS4) hit better since I at least had Zero under my belt by then and had a proper connection with the SSS and Crossbell. I really wish I could have at least played Zero before CS2 and especially CS3 given what happens in those games. My hope with people checking out Zero is if they like it, they’ll catch up on Sky afterwords before Azure since there’s lots of cool Sky stuff in it, but if they pushed forward they’d still be fine.

If you click on the buttons next to Bold and Italics to open up more options above your post, click on the mask looking icon. It’s ispoiler if you prefer typing in brackets instead.
Totally, I am glad I caught up to Sky before Zero. I always wanted to get into the series since, I tried the CS3 demo and it was interesting but once I learned about the series and the number of platforms I need I sorta put it in the backburner but then Zero was announced so I waited.

Thank You lol

I will say, playing Zero and then going back to Sky has been a joy. Zero very obviously had moments that were references or that meant more if you had played the previous games but most of it came off just the right level of vague where i understood everything i needed to but felt invited to play Skies and see the rest. It felt like a really good entry point on my end! :)
Been meaning to ask, who have your favorite party members been in Sky? Estelle, Joshua, Kloe, and Tita are my favorites.

Been meaning to ask, who have your favorite party members been in Sky? Estelle, Joshua, Kloe, and Tita are my favorites.

Oh good question! Estelle & Joshua are obviously great and hold the whole thing together. Kloe is really good, Ruan is definitely one of the best scenarios in the game and Kloe is a big part of that. Tita is really great too lol she's very cute and hard not to love. I thiiink you mentioned before Ruan and Zeiss are your favourite chapters in the game and that would definitely be the case for me. I think the other party member I really like is Olivier, he's just absurd lmao and some of his scenes would genuinely make me laugh. Schera is good but with some strong caveats in how they chose to protray her, Zin is cool but doesn't really receive much character development or focus and I could just take or leave Agate. I get what they were going for with him but there's some stuff I really didn't like with him. I wouldn't be oppose to revisiting him though and finding out more about him.

Functionally I really liked Estelle/Joshua/Kloe/Olivier as a team. Joshua's S-Arts and Breaks are unreal lol Estelle's are relaly good too, then the other two bring the magic power. I found that to be a winning combo, with Kloe's S-Break being a real handy panick button if needed.

Oh good question! Estelle & Joshua are obviously great and hold the whole thing together. Kloe is really good, Ruan is definitely one of the best scenarios in the game and Kloe is a big part of that. Tita is really great too lol she's very cute and hard not to love. I thiiink you mentioned before Ruan and Zeiss are your favourite chapters in the game and that would definitely be the case for me. I think the other party member I really like is Olivier, he's just absurd lmao and some of his scenes would genuinely make me laugh. Schera is good but with some strong caveats in how they chose to protray her, Zin is cool but doesn't really receive much character development or focus and I could just take or leave Agate. I get what they were going for with him but there's some stuff I really didn't like with him. I wouldn't be oppose to revisiting him though and finding out more about him.

Functionally I really liked Estelle/Joshua/Kloe/Olivier as a team. Joshua's S-Arts and Breaks are unreal lol Estelle's are relaly good too, then the other two bring the magic power. I found that to be a winning combo, with Kloe's S-Break being a real handy panick button if needed.
Yeah Olivier is great! He regularly steals whatever scene he is in! I agree with Zin, they don’t give him a ton to work with especially in FC, but I do like him. I grew to like Agate as a character more when I replayed the game before SC came out and his ability to sacrifice HP for CP like Randy has is OP. Schera is my least favorite even if I still like her in some regards. She works well with Estelle at least generally.

My dream team in combat is my four favorite characters, Estelle, Joshua, Tita, and Kloe. I always make Tita a glass cannon and give her all the CP boosting accessories so she can build her S-Craft in a turn or two and obliterate the field. I also use Kloe for her arts strength and her lifesaver S Craft. Estelle and Joshua are just generally very strong and balanced so they are fine in any situation.

I made it to the Final Chapter tonight. So close to the end now! I’m hoping to beat it within the next two days, but I’m not going to stress if I don’t. Still have to do my final sweep of Crossbell before I head off to wrap it up.

Chapter 4 was a great chapter btw with tons of great scenes and revelations. Really love its final dungeon and having Dudley in your party.

For those playing and those who have finished, two questions I’ve been meaning to ask all thread are what are your favorite NPCs and treasure chest messages? I’ll have to dig through my screencaps for the latter, but in addition to the major ones like Wazy, Jona, Michel, and Jingo, my favorite NPCs were definitely balloon guy, ice cream stand girl, and the grumpy grandfather who is always fishing. I made sure to always check on them every time I could.

I made it to the final dungeon! Beating it tomorrow for sure :)

Up to Final Dungeon Entrance spoilers:

The cutscene where Sergei drives the SSS to the final dungeon and the Roaring Version of Get Over The Barrier plays is my favorite part of the game. It’s just such a cool idea to have a more dramatic version of the main battle theme play right at the end. Wish more games did it. Also the cutscenes themselves are just super cool with Sergei weaving in and out of the mafia’s barricades and GCF missiles, Sergei then getting shot but still going, and Noel coming in last minute to save the day.

Also I’m even more impressed on replay on how the story comes together here as you learn Joachim was the mastermind. It even pulls in both of the first two chapters with the war dogs and Ernest being controlled by Gnosis (forgot about the dogs).

Really excited for the final dungeon with the final two party members. Lloyd, Tio, Estelle, and Joshua are my dream team to the end!

I finished just shy of 63 hours! What a game! I’ve been mentioning it throughout my posts, but the significantly expanded voice acting really deepened my love for the game as it made all of the big moments hit harder. Always loved the combat, the characters, and the cozy vibes.

I definitely want to write something bigger after I sit on it a bit. I’ll probably aim it for the RPG thread though I’ll definitely crosspost it either way I go. But other than that, for those still playing, I would love to keep hearing your thoughts as you go here! Also excited we have a huge year of Trails just ahead to share together as well including three new games (Azure in March!) and the anime!

Back
Top Bottom