• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The Mental Health [ST]

What economic status do you have and how do you feel

• Poor mentall illness

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Poor no mentall illness

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Middle class mentall illness

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Middle class no mental illness

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Upper middle class mental ilness

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Upper middle class no mental illness

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Jeff musk zuckerberg the 3rd mental illness

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jeff musk zuckerberg the 3rd no mental illness

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I really wish that my mind didn't spiral so often, it's kind of crazy how one thought can lead to another before next thing you know you've wasted hours of your day and feel much worse than you did before.

I do this a lot, but I think I'm gonna try it again by writing this.

You know when you feel absolutely horrible mentally, you can't seem to get anything done? I've felt like that a ton lately, what with my family situation, with the Unity mess and with my job, on top of other mental health struggles. Things are just stacking up. I haven't cleaned in weeks, I haven't vacuumed the apartment in even longer. I'm gaining weight and some days I don't get off the couch. I've applied for some courses, that's about it.

So yeah, I'm going to make some kind of arbitrary promise here by writing that next week, I'm going to try - again - to change things. Clean the apartment, exercise, eat healthier. Every time I try to do this at the start of a week, I fail, I always fail. But maybe writing it out in text might help.

I do this a lot, but I think I'm gonna try it again by writing this.

You know when you feel absolutely horrible mentally, you can't seem to get anything done? I've felt like that a ton lately, what with my family situation, with the Unity mess and with my job, on top of other mental health struggles. Things are just stacking up. I haven't cleaned in weeks, I haven't vacuumed the apartment in even longer. I'm gaining weight and some days I don't get off the couch. I've applied for some courses, that's about it.

So yeah, I'm going to make some kind of arbitrary promise here by writing that next week, I'm going to try - again - to change things. Clean the apartment, exercise, eat healthier. Every time I try to do this at the start of a week, I fail, I always fail. But maybe writing it out in text might help.

Oh yeah. This.

I'm not saying "nothing happened", because I have been eating some bananas and have been taking some walks, but I still feel like such an immense, walking failure.

Just wanna scream into the void.

Oh yeah. This.

I'm not saying "nothing happened", because I have been eating some bananas and have been taking some walks, but I still feel like such an immense, walking failure.

Just wanna scream into the void.
Just saw you self-requested a few week ban, but I just wanted to say that the little things add up, and I know the feeling of getting trapped and feeling like nothing is happening or improving too well. But: Managing to eat a little healthier one day, doing one small bit of cleaning, accomplishing one small task of some sort, going for a small walk, etc. - all of those things really start to add up and help if you just do one here and there. Some days doing much of anything is a huge struggle, but others you might feel a bit more up to it, so just doing what you can and pushing yourself a little bit here and there goes a long way. I've been there, but you can slowly work your way to a better spot, and whatever you think or whatever you do each day, you're NOT a failure.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Glad this thread is here, solidarity is important, I just started seeing a psychiatrist in hopes of getting something that could make my adhd less intrusive to my quality of work and life. I have a very hard time focusing, which leads to poor performance at work, and way increased anxiety on my end. I can’t even focus on activities I enjoy like gaming or cross fit. I haven’t been prescribed anything yet, but I feel hipeful for the first time in my entire life that there is a light at the end of this road. Never be afraid to seek help, we are valid and our concerns are valid, even if your inner voice is telling you that no one cares.

mental health? I don’t know her

I’m in that phase of grief where I can’t do anything but puke up foam, so I don’t think that bodes well

Glad this thread is here, solidarity is important, I just started seeing a psychiatrist in hopes of getting something that could make my adhd less intrusive to my quality of work and life. I have a very hard time focusing, which leads to poor performance at work, and way increased anxiety on my end. I can’t even focus on activities I enjoy like gaming or cross fit. I haven’t been prescribed anything yet, but I feel hipeful for the first time in my entire life that there is a light at the end of this road. Never be afraid to seek help, we are valid and our concerns are valid, even if your inner voice is telling you that no one cares.
I can relate to the focus struggles, and it's no joke when it starts affecting your performance and even the things you enjoy, like gaming or CrossFit. It can be really frustrating. But, hey, you're not alone in this journey, and that's a powerful thing to remember.

I just feel nothing, like I have no motivation to do anything and that I just exist for the sake of existing. I have no friends, I have a dead-end job, my body is hurting more and more from that job, I just feel tired of living. Like nothing really excites me anymore and I don't have the energy to do any of my hobbies.

Do you all have problems about opening up to others? Recently when I did that I was told that I was "swimming in misery" among other things. And maybe I am, but I don't like the implications behind telling a depressed person a response like that. It just make me want to keep things to myself and never open up to anyone again.

Mental health is so real. I wish the best for everyone on the site. Healthy mental and emotional health. ✊🏾

God I am so scared right now. I don't know what to do anymore. I feel like crying. My physical condition is getting worse and worse. My health care won't pay for it because it's not bad enough yet. I thought I was making improvements, nothing perfect or anywhere near where it needed to be but I didn't think it got this bad. I feel so defeated that I made all these changes and they still weren't good enough. I guess I will die young like my parents did. Damn it, I don't want to die yet. I had so many plans. So much I wanted to see. I feel like I don't have much time left.

God I am so scared right now. I don't know what to do anymore. I feel like crying. My physical condition is getting worse and worse. My health care won't pay for it because it's not bad enough yet. I thought I was making improvements, nothing perfect or anywhere near where it needed to be but I didn't think it got this bad. I feel so defeated that I made all these changes and they still weren't good enough. I guess I will die young like my parents did. Damn it, I don't want to die yet. I had so many plans. So much I wanted to see. I feel like I don't have much time left.

I am so sorry that you're going through this, if you ever want to talk I am here

Does anyone have any advice on how to stop worrying about getting a response when you text someone?
It's becoming a real problem for me where I always worry that I've said something wrong or stupid which is why they're not replying. I'm pretty sure it stems from the fact that I've had some online friends just straight up ghosted me for seemingly no reason in the past which has put me on edge when talking to people online. But I still feel this way even when texting people I know irl.

It's always extremely difficult being isolated at this time of the year. For anyone else who's spending the holidays alone feel free to reach out if you wanna talk about which game you're playing, any movies you're watching or just anything else that's going on. Hope you all have a fun one!

Does anyone have any advice on how to stop worrying about getting a response when you text someone?
Stop looking at your phone. It won’t make a text message appear sooner. Keep your mind otherwise occupied on literally anything else such as:
  1. A puzzle video game as it forces you to focus on and think about another thing while using a lot of bandwidth on solving it.
  2. Cleaning, especially if you hate cleaning, since you’d be channeling a lot of energy on something that is both necessary and not fun.
I like to go for walks and listen to music, essays, podcasts etc. If you don’t have a separate device for this, it’d be better to just remove yourself from your phone for a while.

my experiences with doctors haven't been terrible, but can i just say: it is so nice to have a doctor reaffirm what you're telling them! a few days ago i had my first appointment with an allergist, and he told me that i was exactly right about my symptoms being caused by allergies! i'm perfectly fine with being told that i'm wrong about something, but when every interaction feels like it's met with a certain level of doubt, it's surprisingly easy to feel like you're a liar, even to yourself.

anyway, in (mostly) unrelated news, my rosacea has calmed down a lot over the past few weeks. now i can remember what it's like to look in the mirror and feel happy about how i look :)

I'm not sure if this belongs here so sorry if this is considered off topic but it's a serious topic and all the other threads seem too casual to drop this in. I believe I have mentioned in this thread how I believe I have a little trouble reading social cues. Nothing too debilitating or anything but enough to make me feel like an idiot sometimes. Anyways, I had this feeling that my new general manager was flirting with me and I just chalked it up to my stupid social cue misreading and seeing something that's not there or misreading what was going on. Well the other day she kinda crossed a line that made it extremely obvious that I was not an idiot and she does indeed find me attractive. I'm not entirely sure why I'm posting this as I know going to HR would do me no good and telling her to stop would also probably not work and put me in a precarious position. It hasn't gotten too bad yet but it has the possibility of escalating that far. Again I am not sure why I am posting this really.

I hope everyone is doing well and mental health is improving daily. I feel like I'm improving daily.

A bit excited honestly.

First time in years i don't feel alone against the rising right wing tendencies ( i warned for at least a decade with no effect).

At the very moment, antifacist protests errupting all over germany. Hundreds of thousands, (if not even a million) of people chanting "Never again" unisono.

Lets see were this goes. But it looks like it could have some sort of impact. Because it's very untypical for germany. Right- wing party has gone too far with their latest racist rants. Finally a lot of people from all democratic partys seem to realise that democracy is in grave danger. There is hope.

Update:

Woah. Pictures and figures are incredible...

Hamburg 50.000+
Frankfurt 40.000+
Dortmund 30.000+
Cologne 30.000+
Nurnberg 25.000+
Münster 20.000+
Stuttgart 20.000+
Karlsruhe 20.000+
Braunschweig 20.000+
Heidelberg 18.000+
Oldenburg 17.000+
Halle 15.000+
Kassel 15.000+
Gießen 12.000
Bochum 10.000+
Erfurt 10.000+
Freiburg 10.000+
Leipzig 10.000+

Protest in 100 towns across Germany today. And those are just the biggest ones. And protests will go on the whole week. Tomorrow is munich and berlin. Right- Wing AFD in absolute shock. And my mental health goes through the roof :)

Last edited:
It’s been too many days now where I stand on the train platform with snow whirling in my face and I feel so alone. Like I’m adrift at sea.

It feels so empty, like I have no friends. And I hate feeling like that because I have friends. A few, but they’re an awesome few. Yet, sometimes, getting an encouraging text or call sort of goes into one ear and out the other.

Sometimes, it feels like me feeling like this is doing a disservice to the friends I have, as if they’re insufficient. Which they’re not.

I guess sometimes, dark and depressing feelings defies logic.

And I hate that.

Anyone here ever dealt with eating disorders? I'm trying to seek professional help and get this solved, but it's hard to break the mental wiring that has gone on between stress and eating.
It’s been too many days now where I stand on the train platform with snow whirling in my face and I feel so alone. Like I’m adrift at sea.

It feels so empty, like I have no friends. And I hate feeling like that because I have friends. A few, but they’re an awesome few. Yet, sometimes, getting an encouraging text or call sort of goes into one ear and out the other.

Sometimes, it feels like me feeling like this is doing a disservice to the friends I have, as if they’re insufficient. Which they’re not.

I guess sometimes, dark and depressing feelings defies logic.

And I hate that.
:( It's hard but you do have to keep thinking logically. Emotions are inferior and less true than logical reasoning, don't ever forget that.

Y’all ever have like… one issue and it completely ruins all your momentum?? I was doing really well for a while, but after hitting a bump in the road it completely threw me off and I’m having trouble correcting back to where I was. I find myself reverting back to all my old bad habits. I guess I’ll just keep going steady ‘til I get back there and stay vigilant with how I am feeling, but man… it’s frustrating.

Y’all ever have like… one issue and it completely ruins all your momentum?? I was doing really well for a while, but after hitting a bump in the road it completely threw me off and I’m having trouble correcting back to where I was. I find myself reverting back to all my old bad habits. I guess I’ll just keep going steady ‘til I get back there and stay vigilant with how I am feeling, but man… it’s frustrating.
I've dealt with similar issues in the past. It's really easy, at least for me, to fall into both upward and downward emotional spirals. You just have to remain logical and remember there's always going to ups and downs, and you can't let either side (be it something good or bad) pull you 100% in that direction. You can't allow yourself to fall victim to all-or-nothing thinking, you don't need to "correct" back from the bad to the good road, you just need to continue down your road.

Sorry if that's not the most helpful. but that's what I try to remember when I'm having a difficult time.

I've dealt with similar issues in the past. It's really easy, at least for me, to fall into both upward and downward emotional spirals. You just have to remain logical and remember there's always going to ups and downs, and you can't let either side (be it something good or bad) pull you 100% in that direction. You can't allow yourself to fall victim to all-or-nothing thinking, you don't need to "correct" back from the bad to the good road, you just need to continue down your road.

Sorry if that's not the most helpful. but that's what I try to remember when I'm having a difficult time.
That helps a lot, actually! I definitely struggle with seeing it as a “failing”, but you’re right that it’s part of the path and being comfortable and aware of where I am is much more important than if it’s “good” or “bad”. I appreciate the advice!!

I know it's cleche but take it one day at a time. Find a happy place. Something that takes your mind away. For me it's working out. You got this.

Thank you for creating this mental health community thread. It's essential to have a safe space where we can discuss and support each other, especially during challenging times. The resources you've shared, including the suicide hotline numbers and links to various services, are incredibly valuable.

A little update since my last post 14 days ago. Well, around 3 million people all around germany were on the streets to raise there voice for democracy and against facism. It's by far the biggest protests Germany ever witnessed and it's ongoing.

This unity is very encouraging!

For as long as I can remember, simple things, simple interactions, have sometimes been painful and most of the time difficult. I try to function, but for as long as I can remember, I've been regularly overtaken by great surges of sadness that make me want to run away from everything.

My close friends know about it fir a long time, but it's very hard for me to accept that it always ends up coming back, I feel like that's all I am, and I don't want the bonds I forge with the people I care about to be built on that. I feel guilty and ashamed because I feel privileged and lucky compared to a lot of people, I'm very sensitive to the violence that even the people I love face on a daily basis, and I'm ashamed to break down so regularly when I feel I'm much less courageous than they are.

I don't think I'm depressed because I've read up on the subject and I don't want to take on suffering that isn't mine. It's just that I can't do things. I mean in general. Sometimes I'm fine, even at work, and sometimes just leaving the house feels too violent. It's been like that since I was a kid. And what makes me feel ashamed is that I know there are people out there who understand how I feel, sharing these kinds of difficulties or sometimes much worse, but I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't have enough willpower to fight against it, no real reason or no condition to feel the way I feel.

It makes me feel good to talk about it here because I don't know any of you. It's been a few weeks now that things haven't been going well at all, and in these cases I just tend to run away until things get better. I have a few friends who know and are very gentle and caring, but it makes me feel even crappier because I feel like I'm just being self-centered and immature when lots of people are really suffering. So I'm ashamed to talk about it. But I need to, because right now I feel quite sad and it feels good to write. I'm afraid of isolating myself completely, and at the same time, I feel terribly alone when I'm with people. Even people I love. It will pass, it always does.

Thank you for creating this mental health community thread. It's essential to have a safe space where we can discuss and support each other, especially during challenging times. The resources you've shared, including the suicide hotline numbers and links to various services, are incredibly valuable.
For anyone looking for additional information on mental health and well-being, I recommend speaking with a professional. It's a fantastic opportunity that can provide further insights and guidance.

Hey y'all, this is a very wholesome thread for a much needed wakeup call, thank you for this.

In my case, I'm often very insecure, and suffer ocassionally from anxiety, deppresion and "failure-syndrome", so to speak, but I've managed to convince myself that I'm the winner here in this battle. I always tell myself "I'm a fighter, a winner, a CHAMPION!", go to bed everynight and say: I win again. I encourage you to do the same, because you all are fighters, winners and champions.

Also, Irene, you should put yourself first. If your job it's taking a toll on your health, quit it and fuck it, it's not worth it. You'll find a better job. One thing it's the usual annoyance of having to go to work every day, and a different one is it costing your health, at that point, you should book it and quit. And then, you'll feel guilty, sure, but that guilt will swiftly fade away instant you feel better and healthier, and you'll smile and say: You know what? I did right!

I wish you all the best, you are precious and you deserve to be happy and enjoy your life, your freedom and your hobbies. Dominate your minds!

I work, I feel miserable
I play games to escape misery, I feel miserable
I go on social media to blow off steam from that misery, I feel miserable
Don't wanna tell people close to me, cause I don't wanna make my misery make them miserable

Other than that I think i'm just unlikable cause i'm more often than not in a bad place mental health wise.

Quoted by: Leo
I work, I feel miserable
I play games to escape misery, I feel miserable
I go on social media to blow off steam from that misery, I feel miserable
Don't wanna tell people close to me, cause I don't wanna make my misery make them miserable

Other than that I think i'm just unlikable cause i'm more often than not in a bad place mental health wise.

Hey man!

Have you been diagnosed? Are you on meds?

Remember depression is a chemical imbalance in your brain. You need to address it as the illness it is, or it won't go away on it's own. As much as it feels like these are your genuine feelings and you're just a miserable person, that's a trap, you are not like that. You will be able to feel happiness and function normally again if you stick with a treatment that works for you.

I'm talking as someone who finally got my depression under control after 5 years, and life is great now. I am now being reintroduced to the person I am, and had forgotten because I was replaced with my depressed version. I am a happy, easy going, funny, pleasant to be around person normally, but the illness took that person away and now I've reclaimed myself. You can do it too, even if it takes a while. Please don't lose hope and don't give up!

Hey man!

Have you been diagnosed? Are you on meds?

Remember depression is a chemical imbalance in your brain. You need to address it as the illness it is, or it won't go away on it's own. As much as it feels like these are your genuine feelings and you're just a miserable person, that's a trap, you are not like that. You will be able to feel happiness and function normally again if you stick with a treatment that works for you.

I'm talking as someone who finally got my depression under control after 5 years, and life is great now. I am now being reintroduced to the person I am, and had forgotten because I was replaced with my depressed version. I am a happy, easy going, funny, pleasant to be around person normally, but the illness took that person away and now I've reclaimed myself. You can do it too, even if it takes a while. Please don't lose hope and don't give up!
Thanks for your reply.

I think I have been depressed in some form or another for a while now. I do have therapy but the thing is that I feel great for a while and then every few months I just get into this deep deep pit and the last few years its been getting worse. The long waiting times for psychologists here also isn't great.

Thanks for your reply.

I think I have been depressed in some form or another for a while now. I do have therapy but the thing is that I feel great for a while and then every few months I just get into this deep deep pit and the last few years its been getting worse. The long waiting times for psychologists here also isn't great.

Therapy is important, and it's great you're already doing it. Make sure they're the right professional for you, you should feel like you're having small breakthroughs here and there, if you've been on it for a long time and nothing has changed in your mental process, maybe you should consider looking for a professional that is more suited to your particular case (there are many different therapy lines).

Also, please see a psychiatrist! A good one will talk to you thoroughly to determine what your diagnosis is, and depending on it, they will likely prescript meds. I assure you ADs have way less side effects than you would think, if any at all. The more moderns ones have basically no side effects. Only thing they will do is make you feel... Normal again. Not groggy, not euphoric, just normal. Which is a fucking huge relief. You don't need to trust me on this, if you want to, just do some research and you'll be able to confirm what I'm saying.

I hope everything goes well for you, and I'm here you need to talk!

Been feeling a bit down and depressed these days due to what I call "hyper-empathy", which is that I think that I have way too much empathy to the point where I really suffer for shit that happens. Too many tragedies around the world and here in Spain very back to back. I fucking need to quit watching news forever. The saying "Ignorance is bliss" really applies to me.

So, started Sertraline (25mg right now, though will increase dosage soon) and Risperidone (1mg), which I was on both of these at one point, and despite some sleepiness and wiredness, it's been helping balance my mood quite a bit.

Still need to see a therapist, though, but this'll help me at least get me to the point until I get to see a therapist.

Back
Top Bottom