• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The Mental Health [ST]

What economic status do you have and how do you feel

• Poor mentall illness

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Poor no mentall illness

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Middle class mentall illness

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Middle class no mental illness

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Upper middle class mental ilness

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Upper middle class no mental illness

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Jeff musk zuckerberg the 3rd mental illness

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jeff musk zuckerberg the 3rd no mental illness

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feeling like shit lately. It's like all my health problems keep me in a loop of misery. I have anxiety which resulted in me developing chronic pain which resulted in me relapsing on my depression which resulted in me getting overweight again which makes me more anxious. Rinse and repeat.

It's like my body is like "well well well looks like you've managed to barely survive spinning all of these plates, huh? Let's add another one, see if you can balance this now, motherfucker"

Also I'm taking meds for a bunch of different shit and they cause me other problems and i have to get new meds for that new shit the other meds are causing, and I'm really curious about how long this can go for before my liver starts failing and I can add that to the pile.

Fuck this.

So many nights I wish I’d fall asleep and then not wake up the next day. I’d get an out without anyone I leave behind having to live with the knowledge that I did something to myself.

Today is one of those nights. It would be so nice it I just never woke up from here.

I frickin hate being yelled at or voices being raised. That is such a trigger for me I have noticed. It does not help this has been an issue since childhood with family and even some teachers/authorly figures. I still will never forget how badly I hated P.E and just high school due to the P.E teacher. Thankfully junior and senior year I got into the work study program and was able to not do/take P.E.

Wanted to ramble about something that's been bugging me recently. I put it in spoiler tags because I feel that it's minor for the thread and I don't want to take away from the more serious issues people have.

I feel that being a part of Pokémon discussion online these days is kind of self harm for me. Like, I get that there's perfectly valid reasons to be disappointed, but the community is just so fucking miserable. Every conversation just gets derailed into a goddamn argument, and I'm sick and tired of it. I'm tired of seeing Game Freak get more scorn than fucking Actiblizz or some other garbage studio just because they put out underwhelming games. Heck, I've even seen people actively wanting Legends to be bad "to send a message". I get not liking recent games, but grow the fuck up. They're not that bad, or even bad at all, just not great. How would you like it if I told you that I want the game you were excited for to be trash, because I didn't like the previous games they made? You'd call me an asshole, and rightfully so.
I've had to stop myself from telling people to just fuck off and not come back quite a few times at this point. At this point I'm just trying to avoid any conversations about the main series games altogether, and trying to find smaller communities to talk about stuff like comp play, the TCG, or Mystery Dungeon, so I can get away from the dumpster fire that is the community at large. I hate having to avoid something that normally brings me happiness, because it brings me down so often these days.

The pharmacy can’t fill my prescriptions because they’re out of stock, so I’m going cold turkey on my most important shit. I’m so depressed that I can’t even get out of bed.

Wanted to ramble about something that's been bugging me recently. I put it in spoiler tags because I feel that it's minor for the thread and I don't want to take away from the more serious issues people have.
Yep, agreed...
The pharmacy can’t fill my prescriptions because they’re out of stock, so I’m going cold turkey on my most important shit. I’m so depressed that I can’t even get out of bed.
This has happened to me too before. Sometimes you can get a small supply to hold you over, or they send it over to a different pharmacy.

Yep, agreed...

This has happened to me too before. Sometimes you can get a small supply to hold you over, or they send it over to a different pharmacy.
They’ve gotten two different prescriptions of mine mixed up and now insurance won‘t pay for either and the pharmacy won’t fill because of all the “drug seeking behavior” rules so I’ve been off my brain meds cold turkey for a week and a half.

I hope things are going better for you, or will soon.

Just found out my dad is taking morphine starting tomorrow. Going to spend as much time with him as I can. I don't know how much longer I have with him. :(

Just found out my dad is taking morphine starting tomorrow. Going to spend as much time with him as I can. I don't know how much longer I have with him. :(
So sorry to hear. I agree spending as much time as you can is a good thing.

I’m really sorry to hear that, this must be really tough :/

I'm just in a very negative mindset today and I'm reaching my limits.
To keep it short I moved to another country to my gf. That was 4 months ago. Since then everything went wrong.

Her dog died, my step dad died, we got a new puppy which was hardcore at first and then her dad died.

She's under a lot of pressure and let's that out on me. Even if she says sorry and I believe her it still damages what we have. In this 4 months we have been 6 weeks alone. Rest with parts of her family which is also not easy for me.

Today i found out that her mum is gonna be with us for the rest of the year so still no us time.

I support her with all i have but i dont know how long this will work if we can't get back to our normal life.

Absolutely colossal, crushing depression today and my usual mindset is just buckling. Spent most of the day finding it hard to see the good in much of anything, bordering on it getting hard to breathe. That passed at least.

I’ve been through a lot over the last year, between my sibling cutting me off after my 30th birthday last year to my Mom not talking to me the last month. I got engaged to the love of my life but my family has placed unrealistic expectations on me and her. I try to get by but some days are harder than others. Tonight is one of those nights. I’m in a bad mental state right now but just going to sleep.

Lost my mom to an extremely quick and aggressive brain tumor with various complications last year, it took three weeks for her to disappear completely from the map the moment everyone, including her, learned about it. This fucked me up badly for about a year where I took anti-depression pills and my perception on everything changed in a much more negative way. I think the only upside to this change of mindset was my perception of work/stress went down because 'no one will die' in the literal sense, so my work-related stress went way down, but at the cost of everything else, motivation included. I'm just getting work done without looking to aim higher since I know my position well and am not a fan of change, especially now.

Now winter is there and I'm mostly indifferent to it, where before it had me hyped, nostalgic and got me into various retro consoles trips down memory lane. I'm thinking more about my mom and G-mom who made this time of the year special who aren't there anymore. I mean geez, I crossed paths with an old Garfield Christmas cartoon where you see all of Jon's family members reuniting and it got me crying like a baby lol!

I stopped the depression pills since September hoping it would help bring me back a bit to my past-self, I didn't feel much difference and feel just as jaded. Anxiety is still present and relatively easy to trigger. Some days worse than others where I contemplated starting the pills back again but didn't, as I feel the less pills in my body, the better. So I guess this all just permanently changed me a bit for the worst. It's all still fairly recent in perspective though, so maybe time will do its work. I try my best to see the positive side of things, I'm financially and materially well endowed, so there's that, but the saying that money doesn't bring happiness never felt more real. Thank god my GF is there and she was/still is ridiciulously supportive during this whole time because I don't know where I'd be today without her, she's my light in these darker times.

Thanks for this thread, I guess it doesn't hurt to vent all of this out.

Last edited:
Struggling heavily with a few things.

My life is just a mess right now. Financially on a low point, stressed due to the money issues and how my family handles them... Due to this, i'm feeling unwell and my performance in school is decreasing, wich stressed me even further.

I'm finding myself constantly feeling tired and sleepy, forcing myself to do everything instead of just doing it, and having my mind progressively more fucked up, hurting my self-confidence.

Only good thing happening to me is that i'm crushing on a classmate who may be interested in me? But this is adding even more stress to my life since i'm constantly trying to not misunderstand her signals and not show her my current state.

Lately been having days again where motivation is at 0% and trouble feeling any type of emotion. I think part of it has to do work related stress since I have been having a lot of trouble getting stuff done lately, it has been crazy busy. When I am done with work nothing really cheers me up, or even makes me feel sad. Just nothing gives me any type of stimulation. This doesn't happen often so it worries me that it has been like this for a few days.

You know that moment when everything's going well for you? Where everything is stable, you're in a good spot and you allow yourself to feel excited and have hope that things will get better in the future, for real.
But then all of that, everything you worked hard for, gets pulled out from under your feet and you hit a new low. You don't have support from people you so want support from, because they don't understand. They say "it's normal to feel that way", or "I'm in a shitty mood too". It gets shrugged off if you try to reach out. They don't even want to communicate with you because it's "too serious".
Back to square one. Waking up, doing enough to not make people worried, pretend you're okay, go back to sleep. And repeat.
I feel lost. And scared. I'm scared history will repeat itself and I'll be stuck. I am tired.

Thought I'd come in here with good news.

My part time job became a full time job and I love the people I work with.
I FINALLY got the medications and dosages just right where I feel lighter and more like myself 100% of the time.
I bumped my weekly therapy sessions to every other week (I get to see her tonight and catch up). And the only reason we went to two weeks was because of how well I've been doing the past two sessions.
My work-life balance has been great, sometime I check work emails during my personal time because I'm bored and I feel very attached and passionate about my projects that I love communicating with my clients outside work hours because I'm excited to see some of the signage I made move into the fabrication process. So I need to work on distancing myself from work and focusing more on my hobbies.

Lately been having days again where motivation is at 0% and trouble feeling any type of emotion. I think part of it has to do work related stress since I have been having a lot of trouble getting stuff done lately, it has been crazy busy. When I am done with work nothing really cheers me up, or even makes me feel sad. Just nothing gives me any type of stimulation. This doesn't happen often so it worries me that it has been like this for a few days.
I had those days a lot where all my motivation is gone and some days I'm treading more water or I'm drowning. It could be work-related stress, but if you don't feel attached to your work and don't take things at your own pace your always going to feel unsatisfied overworking yourself. You might be bored of your job because it's too easy and it might be around time you find more engaging and work that challenges you in someway and have you learn new things. Maybe take advantage of the job market right now and browse around with something that catches your eye if you feel unsatisfied with your work. Or maybe your having a hard time feeling satisfied outside of work because work excites you more and gets your dopamine's pumping then coming home and doing tasks you don't want to do. What are things that make you happy and engaged outside of work and what can you do more for yourself outside of work that you can't do during.

I hope that helps.

You know that moment when everything's going well for you? Where everything is stable, you're in a good spot and you allow yourself to feel excited and have hope that things will get better in the future, for real.
But then all of that, everything you worked hard for, gets pulled out from under your feet and you hit a new low. You don't have support from people you so want support from, because they don't understand. They say "it's normal to feel that way", or "I'm in a shitty mood too". It gets shrugged off if you try to reach out. They don't even want to communicate with you because it's "too serious".
Back to square one. Waking up, doing enough to not make people worried, pretend you're okay, go back to sleep. And repeat.
I feel lost. And scared. I'm scared history will repeat itself and I'll be stuck. I am tired.
My last year described beautifully and adequately. Reached my dream job only to lose it three weeks in do to the pandemic starting. My days were just playing games and watches shows, eating, pooping and sleeping on loop. Questioning your self-worth, feeling depressed, trying to reach out to family telling them about my problems only with them not knowing what to say or do because they don't have the tools or knowledge necessary to help you, and your in such a state it's hard to ask them for things that you need. Whether that be a hug, or to hear "I'm proud of you" or "I love you more" or asking to be thanked for the things you are able to do during this time of loss.

It's okay to think about the future, but it's always more important to focus on the present and what things you can do now to help yourself. Even if it's just baby steps each day. Whether that be trying to applying towards something here and there, making a effort to cook for yourself and others, maybe it's just doing the laundry that day, or realizing you need psychiatrics help or need therapy and going through the steps needed to obtain it.
And yes, maybe you will get stuck in the same situation again, but the point is you did it once to get out of it, you did that hard work to get there and there was no one there and not even yourself there to acknowledge it. But you should start feeling in the moment of when you accomplish things, to take the time to take things in and realize what you do in the present moment. Or that you accomplished that one or two steps closer to reaching the goal where you can get back on your feet. It's a lot of work, but the hardest part is having to keep doing something each day and it gets easier because you gain that experience and skills from the last time you fell.

Last edited:
Sometimes I just kinda wonder why I bother. Between being talked down, handwaved, people not thinking my disability is serious enough, never mind I have life long ptsd, anxiety, depression, panic attacks, psychosis, dissociation symptoms, can't really find any medications to realistically help mitigate my issues or at least make it easier to cope, and being paid absolute garbage for disability, can't find a dentist who'll accept my privatized Medicaid which led to me having significantly less options (outside a dentist office that was honestly abusive and I don't want to go back there), like...

What is the fucking point sometimes.

Society looks down on me. They handwave me when I want things better for the disabled bet it as a federal level, state, city, or personal level (such as for hobbies). And honestly, because of certain comments, I have internalized issues. Never mind I also apparently have had my sexual harassment experiences handwaved and actually gaslighted on it being my fault why I haven't had anything done about it by a family member.

I fucking hate it here. I really, REALLY, do. Jesus FUCKING Christ.

holy crap folks I'm having a manic episode. Haven't slept all night, thoughts going 120mph and I can't stop working or being productive. dunno what to do. sleeping pills apparently didn't work, and I can't really take double dose and see it that works, might be dangerous?! need to calm down because I don't wanna get post-manic depression?!

EDIT: mmmm.. took pills, slept a bit but it didn't help much, still wired out of my mind and feeling skittish and hyper

EDIT 2: Think it's dying down, at least a little. Got my first proper night's sleep now, so feeling calmer. Fortunately, good news has happened in my life recently so I feel like I can worry less about crashing in depression in a way. I hope.

Last edited:
holy crap folks I'm having a manic episode. Haven't slept all night, thoughts going 120mph and I can't stop working or being productive. dunno what to do. sleeping pills apparently didn't work, and I can't really take double dose and see it that works, might be dangerous?! need to calm down because I don't wanna get post-manic depression?!

EDIT: mmmm.. took pills, slept a bit but it didn't help much, still wired out of my mind and feeling skittish and hyper
I don’t have any advice here but sending ❤️

EDIT 2: Think it's dying down, at least a little. Got my first proper night's sleep now, so feeling calmer. Fortunately, good news has happened in my life recently so I feel like I can worry less about crashing in depression in a way. I hope.
Sending love your way still!

I did read that people who struggle financially have not as many mental illnesses as middle class to rich people. I want to know if thats true or not with a small poll if thats ok.
I am poor by the way but i am great mentally. So no need to be ashamed. Its just life with ups and downs. Same goes for mental illness. There is not a stigma. Not in this community. Be free , feel free, activate the triforce of courage and just click it.
Love you all.

Disabled, poor, get less than 10K on disability a year, can't live on my own, can't even find a dentist with Medicaid and Medicare and my general physical health is not taken serious by those around me and doctors.

And I'm mentally ill. I struggle with depression, anxiety, panic attack disorders, have been diagnosed with psychosis, have issues with dissociation symptoms. I do not have an official diagnosis but multiple doctors have more than suspected I have Autism. Also my mental development is way behind my peers (as I got older, the further I got behind them) and I have neurological issues that remain properly undiagnosed, but there was some note during some testing that noticed something was up.

Also have undiagnosed PTSD due to family and school related matters.

So yeah. I'm really fucked up, poor, disabled, and can't live on my own.

Sigh.

I define myself as upper middle class but honestly it's sorta hard to quantify. If I moved out and remained in my area I might be middle class or even lower because I live in the SF Bay Area where basically anyone who makes under six figures is not considered to be making very much, and I make 80k a year. In a lot of the rest of the country I'd probably be upper middle class with that salary plus my relatively high savings and stocks. But also I live with my parents, and my dad is a director at a pharmaceutical company and my mom works at a law firm that does patents for large tech companies, and they both make good money and already have enough to retire on, so I guess that probably moves me up into upper middle class depending on how you define things.

I'm definitely mentally ill though. My anxiety has been so bad these past couple weeks that I can hardly do anything or get anything done. Normally it's just normal levels of bad though. I've also battled depression on and off for a decade. I'm neurodivergent and feel like my brain behaves in ways which are very atypical.

I voted Middle class mentall illness but that might be exaggerated. I have made peace with myself and my life is not anymore what it used to be, which was a long string of poor decisions fueled by hatred and callousness.

I've had mental health problems in the past but, although I still live in the shadow of that time, I can say I don't really suffer with it anymore.

Re your theory that poorer people suffer less mental illness, is it possible they are less likely to seek help because they don't have access to services or feel that it's just part of life (i.e. they don't deserve or wouldn't be offered help if they complained)? Whereas more affluent people have the time and resources to address their problems.

A couple of years ago I had therapy, but if I hadn't been able to afford that I would've just "got on" with things.

I think class divisions differ around the world. 'Middle class' in the US is very different from 'Middle class' in the UK, for example.

Me? Poor. Mental health in the toilet. The two often go hand in hand.

But I'm highly educated. My partner is highly educated. Maybe that'll be enough to claw ourselves out of the shit.

I think class divisions differ around the world. 'Middle class' in the US is very different from 'Middle class' in the UK, for example.

Me? Poor. Mental health in the toilet. The two often go hand in hand.

But I'm highly educated. My partner is highly educated. Maybe that'll be enough to claw ourselves out of the shit.
Often, being clever means that you can't turn a blind eye on the misery of the world.
Than it itself, can be fuel for dread and sadness. If there is no other input, this can drag on. I am talking about decades. With time, people tend to learn to focus on themselves though.

I hope you will be surrounded with the right people. If you are intelligent, this will happen sooner or later.

Last edited:
We have an ST for mental health discussion. You can go to the thread here

How can i move it over?

Just wanted to give a heads up that I've updated the OP with LGBTQ+ friendly resources. In my haste to get this thread up when we first came here I neglected to add that to the OP, and for that I apologize.

See recent post history lol

But seriously, I was recently diagnosed with (another) mental health issue, but the medication to treat it is regulated and there's one hell of a back log, so I live with the knowledge that there's definitely a reason for what's going on up there and I'm not just inexplicably broken, and I just have to wait.

As is often the case for people with multiple illnesses/conditions, they do not play nicely together. I figured I'd just ride out the next six months (during which time I have to write numerous papers, sit three exams and maybe even find stable and accommodating employment) and lay low in terms of human interaction - nobody has to deal with my erratic bullshit if nobody is around - but I am just becoming more reclusive and extremely online. I am very much inside my own head, and it's terrible in here.

Anyway, the Maebe pity party is over. I figured this thread was the place!

I don't know if this fits in here but as it effects my mental health it might.

Right now the mother of my gf is visiting (for now for 3 weeks but in this family plans change all the time...) and it effects my life in all negative ways.

Let's start in the beginning. I life here for 9 months and I'm still learning the language. So communication with the mother is an issue. My gf speaks right now to 95% her mother language so in general I barely understand anything.

Before I get into my rant I also want to add that her partner (my gf father) died half a year ago and that the mother bought my gf the apartment we life in right now 2 years ago. So that's also reasons why I hold my emotions back.

Now to the things that annoy me.

1. Covid. The mother had already twice covid (ones almost died) but still completely ignores it. Invites random guests to our home without asking. Like today a friend will come by who travels a lot. Covid numbers are high here so I really hate that.

2. She doesn't clean after herself. Leaves a mess anywhere and at the end of the day as I mostly take care of the household I'm the one cleaning the shit...

3. She just takes over all our rhythms and makes them hers. I'm a person who needs rhythm. I'm not spontaneous. I plan the meals for a week ahead for example. With her living here now all is a mess. When we eat, what we eat. All has to fit what she wants in any given minute.

It also destroys the litre things that i enjoy in the daily life with my gf. Like watching some cool show while eating breakfast. Simple not possible. We tried it one morning but then the mother just keeps on talking over it and doesn't give a shit.

My gf is annoyed over some of it too but she doesn't say a word. For her her mother is priority number 1 and then comes nothing for a long time till I come. She's really a different person when her mum is around.

Those are just a few things that annoy me but it think you get an idea. I don't know if I overdo it but it does effect me a lot. When I'm alone with my gf my life is the best it's ever been and now with the mum around its pretty much all taken away.

I really don't know how to handle those next few weeks. Specially as I said plans change in this family all the time... For now it's supposed to be 3 weeks but with them it could also become 3 months and that I really wouldn't be able to handle.

I don't know how to explain what's going on in my head. It's like having a messy room, you can't find your socks, your bed is unmade, everything all over the floor in piles. You're trying to clean it but there just seems to be never-ending mess.

People give me all these advices, they try helping me, but I don't take it. I want too, I try too, but I don't. And I hate myself even more for letting me get to this position. I don't believe in rock bottoms, I believe you keep going down until you can't handle it anymore. I try to talk to people about what's going on, but how can I if I don't know myself? How can I keep my head above water when trying to keep others above water? If I tell people, it's never serious enough. They have worse problems, mine is nothing, my feelings are invalid. I hate hearing "distract yourself". You can distract yourself but does it fix anything? No. I tell myself I need to get help, I just don't do it. I'm comfortable in my hole, hiding away, locking my feelings up. I don't want my cracks to show, it'll be seen as weak.
How many people tell you they're there for you? Are they really or do they want to feel good about themselves by saying they are? They can tell you they care for you, you deserve happiness, or they're always gonna support you, but it feels empty. I don't know why.
I've learnt that there's only one person on your side, and that's you. No ones gonna lift you up when you fall, no ones gonna come to your house and hug you better, no ones going to help you, so you gotta help yourself. I know this, as painful as it is, it's true. I tell myself all of this, I know I need to help myself, I just don't want too get out of this bed. It's all I've known. Wake up, plaster a smile, do what you gotta do, go back to bed, repeat.

I do have good days that last for long periods of time. I can feel happiness, excitement. When I have a good day, it's really good. And that's the bit that tricks me every single time. I think "maybe I am better, maybe it'll be okay". Then the rock hits you, back to square one. Wake up, plaster smile, back to bed, repeat. It's a vicious cycle. I know I need to get out of it, as I've said before, I can't, maybe I'm too comfortable with where I am. In a few days, I'll be okay. In a few months, I'll be back here repeating what I've said. Maybe this is all I need, to tell someone, even if it's a forum site and people will read, relate, and move on. I know I can tell my partner and my friends this, but how do I bring it up? What can you say that would make me feel less bad? Do I have to keep explaining my feelings over and over because you don't understand? Do you want to listen? This is the bit where anxiety takes over, it isolates you. It really does. Then self destruction happens after a long period of time because you didn't open up, you let things push you over the edge.

I can anxiety everyday. Can get up to 5 times a day. I don't want to go on medication for it, I don't do medication. It messes with mind and body, maybe it'll make me feel worse. I don't know. A simple 10 minute drive to work can give me a small anxiety attack. Even doing nothing, it just happens.
Sometimes my mind goes into overdrive, I walk backwards and fourth not knowing what I was doing, or what I'm meant to be doing.
Anyway, this is getting too long so I'll wrap it up.
Yeah, that's it. See you guys in this thread again in a few months. Take care!

Quoted by: Leo
I don't know how to explain what's going on in my head. It's like having a messy room, you can't find your socks, your bed is unmade, everything all over the floor in piles. You're trying to clean it but there just seems to be never-ending mess.

People give me all these advices, they try helping me, but I don't take it. I want too, I try too, but I don't. And I hate myself even more for letting me get to this position. I don't believe in rock bottoms, I believe you keep going down until you can't handle it anymore. I try to talk to people about what's going on, but how can I if I don't know myself? How can I keep my head above water when trying to keep others above water? If I tell people, it's never serious enough. They have worse problems, mine is nothing, my feelings are invalid. I hate hearing "distract yourself". You can distract yourself but does it fix anything? No. I tell myself I need to get help, I just don't do it. I'm comfortable in my hole, hiding away, locking my feelings up. I don't want my cracks to show, it'll be seen as weak.
How many people tell you they're there for you? Are they really or do they want to feel good about themselves by saying they are? They can tell you they care for you, you deserve happiness, or they're always gonna support you, but it feels empty. I don't know why.
I've learnt that there's only one person on your side, and that's you. No ones gonna lift you up when you fall, no ones gonna come to your house and hug you better, no ones going to help you, so you gotta help yourself. I know this, as painful as it is, it's true. I tell myself all of this, I know I need to help myself, I just don't want too get out of this bed. It's all I've known. Wake up, plaster a smile, do what you gotta do, go back to bed, repeat.

I do have good days that last for long periods of time. I can feel happiness, excitement. When I have a good day, it's really good. And that's the bit that tricks me every single time. I think "maybe I am better, maybe it'll be okay". Then the rock hits you, back to square one. Wake up, plaster smile, back to bed, repeat. It's a vicious cycle. I know I need to get out of it, as I've said before, I can't, maybe I'm too comfortable with where I am. In a few days, I'll be okay. In a few months, I'll be back here repeating what I've said. Maybe this is all I need, to tell someone, even if it's a forum site and people will read, relate, and move on. I know I can tell my partner and my friends this, but how do I bring it up? What can you say that would make me feel less bad? Do I have to keep explaining my feelings over and over because you don't understand? Do you want to listen? This is the bit where anxiety takes over, it isolates you. It really does. Then self destruction happens after a long period of time because you didn't open up, you let things push you over the edge.

I can anxiety everyday. Can get up to 5 times a day. I don't want to go on medication for it, I don't do medication. It messes with mind and body, maybe it'll make me feel worse. I don't know. A simple 10 minute drive to work can give me a small anxiety attack. Even doing nothing, it just happens.
Sometimes my mind goes into overdrive, I walk backwards and fourth not knowing what I was doing, or what I'm meant to be doing.
Anyway, this is getting too long so I'll wrap it up.
Yeah, that's it. See you guys in this thread again in a few months. Take care!

Meds that are specifically for anxiety can have serious side effects yeah, but antidepressants also help immensely with anxiety (both things come hand in hand really, you most likely have depression too) and these days they're mostly free of side effects.

For real, the antidepressants I take have like, 0 side effects and i can't imagine my life without them, i simply wouldn't function. I really recommend talking to a doctor and getting meds for depression, a lot of your suffering could be solved, no reason not to do it.

I've moved to working some full days again recently, which felt like a pretty big step. I'm pretty exhausted, though. It feels like more of a physical toll than a mental one, to be honest. Being 'on' for a sustained period of time really takes it out of me, but I'm glad I'm doing it even if it means I'm lying down for the rest of today knocking back painkillers lmao

Just wanted to send love and good vibes to all of you. I'm in a bit of a better place since my last post here. Still have days/night with huge depression 'episodes' but they're getting more distant from each others, I feel. The worst is when it stops me from sleeping and my thoughts or memories are racing. Sleeping pills can be helpful in these instances, but you almost have to know it'll happen in advance otherwise it'll be way too late before the effect kicks in and it'll just end up in ruining the day that follows.

I've been aggressively inactive here and pretty much any forums for a good while, and honestly it didn't hurt to disconnect for a bit. I hope and wish that most, if not all, of the many stories I've read here today end up with you guys feeling better with time, at some point.

I've moved to working some full days again recently, which felt like a pretty big step. I'm pretty exhausted, though. It feels like more of a physical toll than a mental one, to be honest. Being 'on' for a sustained period of time really takes it out of me, but I'm glad I'm doing it even if it means I'm lying down for the rest of today knocking back painkillers lmao

I'm in a bit of the same boat as you, having recently moved up to 4h work days. I relate to the feeling of being "on" for a period of time. I'm lucky that I'm doing this in the middle of low season, where the last 2 hours can honestly become pretty boring. It's still taking a bit of a toll, but I can manage it.

However, it has lead me to become anxious and worried about if I can handle 4h days when it's high season. Boss says that there can be days with 10-15 orders. These days, I'm lucky if I get 5 orders. I guess I'll cross that river when I come to it, but it's a source of anxiety right now.

I’m still in the same boat. Poor, can’t work thanks to PTSD and other problems, stuck living with other people who try but don’t really understand it. My therapist tries to get me to make plans when I can’t even go outside atm.

I’m doing the best I can, even if it’s not much

I’m still in the same boat. Poor, can’t work thanks to PTSD and other problems, stuck living with other people who try but don’t really understand it. My therapist tries to get me to make plans when I can’t even go outside atm.

I’m doing the best I can, even if it’s not much
I've only been able to go outside again relatively recently. I'm not 100% there yet, but what I'm able to do now would have seemed impossible to me this time last year.

You got this. Even if it's tiny steps, even if you go back a couple every now and then. You got this!

So I’ve been out of meds during the weekend because i forgot to renew, and this morning I felt the beginnings of an anxiety fit but my nurse said that it was gonna be fine, so I went there anyway and halfway through the day, I felt it coming and I said quickly that I had to dart down to the pharmacy and get my now renewed meds, but they didn’t have it, and now I had to leave work early and I’m on the train now and I feel like I have difficulty keeping myself together.

I hate having to call in sick to work. I feel so dirty and guilty all the time, but I shouldn’t, but it’s hard to not feel like that.

I hate having to call in sick to work. I feel so dirty and guilty all the time, but I shouldn’t, but it’s hard to not feel like that.
I'd never feel sorry for calling in to work if you're sick or not feeling well mentally.

I'd never feel sorry for calling in to work if you're sick or not feeling well mentally.

I know, I really shouldn’t either.. but it’s hard to convince my brain that it’s all right. I think I’m held back by a negative thought pattern concerning my performance anxiety and it’s a tough thought pattern to break.

So I realize that this is a double post, and I apologise for it, but I just really needed to put thoughts into words tonight. Advice is welcome, even though it's not my intention to expect anything from anyone.

Lately, I've been struggling a lot with a hollow and eerie sensation of loneliness. It's not like it's unrelated to me losing my best friend - it's related, for sure. But I have a feeling that it goes deeper than that, maybe it's always have. The sensation of total alienation and disconnection, of feeling that I don't truly belong, anywhere. It's always been there with me in one way or another, regardless of social context, and lately, it has just grown and worsened.

It's like a fire, and I keep doing things to try to extinguish it. Getting closer to my family. Picking up contacts with old friends. Doubling my therapy sessions. Talking about video games with cool people on the internet. But absolutely nothing helps. It feels like feeble, flickering attempts to extinguish everything, but if anything, sometimes it feels like it worsens things. I'm so scared because of all the studies that shows how lethal loneliness is to your long-term health, like smoking 15 cigs a day or what it was. I have no idea what to do. It all just hurts.

So I realize that this is a double post, and I apologise for it, but I just really needed to put thoughts into words tonight. Advice is welcome, even though it's not my intention to expect anything from anyone.

Lately, I've been struggling a lot with a hollow and eerie sensation of loneliness. It's not like it's unrelated to me losing my best friend - it's related, for sure. But I have a feeling that it goes deeper than that, maybe it's always have. The sensation of total alienation and disconnection, of feeling that I don't truly belong, anywhere. It's always been there with me in one way or another, regardless of social context, and lately, it has just grown and worsened.

It's like a fire, and I keep doing things to try to extinguish it. Getting closer to my family. Picking up contacts with old friends. Doubling my therapy sessions. Talking about video games with cool people on the internet. But absolutely nothing helps. It feels like feeble, flickering attempts to extinguish everything, but if anything, sometimes it feels like it worsens things. I'm so scared because of all the studies that shows how lethal loneliness is to your long-term health, like smoking 15 cigs a day or what it was. I have no idea what to do. It all just hurts.
I’m not sure I have advice here, but I just wanted to say that all of those steps you have taken to try to extinguish it are admirable. You are doing the right things, even if they aren’t yet serving you results. That takes strength and is worth celebrating.

Sometimes I feel like it’s the surplus of “the right things” that torpedos me into a similar state to what you’re describing. Similar to getting take-out every night, it becomes less special and even overwhelming if it is your norm. In the past couple years I have done a lot of work on my relationship with myself, and one of the rules that I’m currently rolling with is at least trying to make things 1:1. If I have a great night out with friends, I have a great night in alone (or in the company of my partner). If I help a friend with an emotional challenge, I then make time to be more patient with myself to explore my emotions that I might otherwise be “too busy” for. If I don’t make time to let things settle, emotionally it’s as if they never happened.

Back
Top Bottom