• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom |ST| Linkin' Parts (Please Tag All Spoilers)

I didn't have worrying about tornadoes on my wishlist of things to pass the time with today and yet here I am.

Siiigh Best Buy’s testing my patience with the CE, so I may just double dip on digital tonight, fuck it.

Playin’ a bit of BOTW after a few years of absence, and god damn I missed this world. 😭 I remember so much and it’s still all so, so charming.

Can’t wait to see what’s changed.

Everyone has to wait until I get my copy so you don't get too far ahead of me ok?
sure-air-quotes.gif

Fami waiting together for the game:

600_GroupHug_0-1528485848.gif

Fami once the game goes live for their specific region:

bye-blow-kiss.gif

First impressions. Not really a fan of the sky islands, don’t like the disconnected nature of them and they’re very ugly and bloomy in the day with a colour scheme I don’t like. Quite nice looking at night though.

All the new abilities are cool and really fun. Bring on a flying machine for the first time was quite impressive and novel.

Little disappointed
shrines are back, as I was kinda ready to move on from them

Very excited to get to the ground level and see more.

My CE from Best Buy is going to arrive on Wednesday 😅 I'm extremely glad that I double dipped for digital as an East Coaster haha

Here's my absolute failure at making a machine, no real spoilers for the first area but under a tag anyways

This stinks. We've got tornadoes dropping around us right now and one going through where we get our electricity. If we lose power I may have to drive to McDonald's to use their wifi to unlock the game lol. Seriously though, it's a nervous time when the weather gets like this so I'm nervous posting.

This stinks. We've got tornadoes dropping around us right now and one going through where we get our electricity. If we lose power I may have to drive to McDonald's to use their wifi to unlock the game lol. Seriously though, it's a nervous time when the weather gets like this so I'm nervous posting.
Oof, stay safe!

Ok wow I was completely wrong
They actually made a completely interconnected underground world, I was super sceptical but all the speculations on the underground became true, this is insane.
Together with caves, sky islands, shrine, the changed overworked and dungeons this game is gigantic

Gotta say, the atmosphere for Link and Zelda's descent into the Hyrule Castle Depths was fantastic.

The music becoming more eerie as Zelda geeked out over the Imprisoning War murals and then coming across Ganondorf's corpse really added to things.

Given thst it's essentially a walking section, it probably won't age as well on repeat playthroughs - but as first impressions go I loved it. Very distinct from BOTW.

Zelda and Link are cute as hell btw. Link offering to hold the torch while Zelda fumbled for the Purah Pad was great.

Hello?? echo hello hello…Its so quiet in here. Im stuck on a plane and wont touch down for another 2 hours in the west coast. going straight to gamestop from the airport. Glad to be on this journey with you all. Cannot wait! Just knowing Ganondorf is in this feels like Im back home to the Zelda I love. The gang is all here. Lets go!

oh wow I'd forgotten about it but that Treehouse Live stream has been going for a bit lol—no one's watching that......right?

Definitely not, I want to go in as blind as possible. I've waited years, I can make it a few more hours (well I'm about to go to bed so only a few more hours of being awake until I can play lol)

y’all help me feel less guilty for not beating botw. i’ve had the game for about a year and got to the point where i could beat the game about november, but i never did. i kept putting it off and life got busy, and the past few months i’ve just been saying i’ll do it this weekend, too busy, i’ll do it next week, etc etc. totk snuck up on me and his morning i promised myself i would beat botw tonight, and then i just got home too late. managed to finally get the hylian shield (which was ridiculously easy- no idea why i didn’t do that sooner.) but now it’s too late for me to beat it (currently in bed typing this on my phone). can’t help but feel i failed zelda, even if i’m able to beat it tomorrow before my copy of totk arrives.

Perhaps I should take this time to play some of the games I ain’t gonna be playing for a while after tonight.

y’all help me feel less guilty for not beating botw. i’ve had the game for about a year and got to the point where i could beat the game about november, but i never did. i kept putting it off and life got busy, and the past few months i’ve just been saying i’ll do it this weekend, too busy, i’ll do it next week, etc etc. totk snuck up on me and his morning i promised myself i would beat botw tonight, and then i just got home too late. managed to finally get the hylian shield (which was ridiculously easy- no idea why i didn’t do that sooner.) but now it’s too late for me to beat it (currently in bed typing this on my phone). can’t help but feel i failed zelda, even if i’m able to beat it tomorrow before my copy of totk arrives.

Did you free all 4 divine beasts?

So for anyone who's played a few hours, I'm stuck
I've been told to find the fourth shrine which will letme open the door that drains Link's life, but I can't find it anywhere.

Having to watch the weather has made time go by a bit faster and it looks like I may be in the clear unless anything forms south of me so I'm getting my hype mode reactivated. We're almost to the final 90 minutes!

Let's go!!!!!

yep, did them all- i did pretty much everything except 100% the game. just never beat it.

If you're in Hyrule Castle you can beat the game in 25 minutes. Avoid going into the gatehouses (there are 2 of them) so you don't run into Lynels. When you're outside and use Revalis Gale to get to the throne room quickly, its at the top of the castle. I like to hug walls to avoid guardian turrets. An ancient bow and some ancient arrows are amazing against turrets too. You don't need revalis Gale for the boss fight but the other 3 champions abilities really help.

First phase, save urbosas fury and get his health down until he enters his second phase where he becomes invincible, but you can redirect his attacks at him and use urbosas fury to get through his invincibility. In his first phase, when he is crawling on the walls use bomb arrows against him if he's not attacking you. A couple dishes which boost your attack power and a couple which boost defence help.

Ganons second form is a joke and can be beaten in literally 3 minutes and it's unlikely he will hit you. It's literally the easiest boss fight in the game.

Then you've beaten the game. Watch the cutscene after the credits if you haven't yet.

It doesn't really matter when you beat it. I never beat a Zelda until Skyward Sword, liked Skyward Sword so much I went back and beat most Zeldas. I quit Wind Waker in 2006 after getting stuck on the earth temple and came back 7 years later to beat it lol, these things happen.

Last edited:
So for anyone who's played a few hours, I'm stuck
I've been told to find the fourth shrine which will letme open the door that drains Link's life, but I can't find it anywhere.
. Remember the chamber you woke up in? The first Hand symbol you touched that opened the door to the sky lands started a mechanism. You should have just gotten new ability to play around with there:)

. Remember the chamber you woke up in? The first Hand symbol you touched that opened the door to the sky lands started a mechanism. You should have just gotten new ability to play around with there:)
I am so dumb, I already did that but went up instead of left, saw nothing and figured it was a dead end. I should've known they wouldn't have put that there for no reason. Thanks

Going bright and early to pick up my CE from Best Buy tomorrow. Gonna play as much as I can in the morning so that I can let my little brother play when I see him later in the day. Still hoping by some miracle Amazon delivers his CE tomorrow or at least on Saturday

Very much struggling with ultra hand at the moment. All my own fault for being stupid lol. I was trying to put wheels under something by rotating it, took a while fussing about to get it “right”. Then realised the wheels were upside down…

The heart containers finally become hidden when you activate Advanced View!!!

Not even three minutes in but this is sincerely such a huge upgrade over Bread. Sadly, customization in the options is still pretty barebones.

I showed up to Gamestop a half an hour early and there's already a line stretching across the strip mall and the parking lot is mostly full. Wtf.

It’s 4am in the UK and I just woke up giddy and excited to the point I can’t get back to sleep. This is a deeply silly and wonderful feeling.

I showed up to Gamestop a half an hour early and there's already a line stretching across the strip mall and the parking lot is mostly full. Wtf.
I drove past my GameStop a few hours ago and people were already waiting there. Haven't seen stuff like that since the Switch launched

Back
Top Bottom