• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic The Game Awards 2023 |ST| Tears of the Keighdom

Yeah, AW2 100% deserved that. The sheer vision in that game was absolutely incredible, and something I haven't seen before even 'if' the game itself isn't my absolute No. 1

Don't get me wrong, I loved TOTK and will be perfectly happy if it wins GOTY, but game direction? It was very similar direction to BOTW, this is the one category I don't think it really even needed a nomination for
Depends on what “direction” means. If it means, in part, “design,” then yeah, it at least earned its nomination.

Can't really say I'm surprised by any of the 3 games winning any of these big awards. This year was just so packed top to bottom that they all deserve it lol.

Zelda absolutely deserved that award over Alan Lame Wake 2.

Edit: I was being snarky, while I would have liked Zelda to win from what I have heard about AW2 it did deserve the win.

Last edited:
Wow you could have told me this is Hyenas back from the dead and I would have believed you.

Whats up with the sound design?
way too crunchy

TotK is a great example for how TGA should have more awards for technical achievement instead of stuff like best content creator or adaptation

I got an email from Nintendo here with the subject line JUST ANNOUNCED and inside it just says "NOTHING".

I'm glad ToTK won at least one award, it would be a shame if it hadn't. Honestly my favorite Zelda and the 'best' technically that I've played this year (although personal GOTY is Pikmin for me)

Aonuma whispering to Fujibayashi right now:

"I fucking knew we shouldn't have included the same cutscene 5 times, I fuckin told you."

Fujibayashi whispering back:

"Something something non-linearity something something multiplicative gameplay."

Back
Top Bottom