• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic The Game Awards 2022 |ST| An Ad Sent On

New 3D or 2d Mario? No way they release the movie without a game to go along with it. That would be throwing money away.

Yep, Nintendo games famously have no legs and hence a new release at the same time is paramount.

Seriously, if Sega can reap the benefits of the sonic movies without having a game ready for years, Nintendo certainly don't need to rush something to market to meet the same release date.

Lmao it's ok, a suit always works Doug

Anyways it's nice to see he is at least coming, tho that doesn't mean anything necessarily considering he accepted an award for Metroid Dread last year and that was it from Nintendo for the night.

Tho Nintendo has been posting about the event on their social media channels and in the Switch news tab, so who knows, really. Maybe something small, like Wave 2 of the Xenoblade 3 DLC? XD

I do have some really, really fond memories of TGA. The 2017 shadowdrop of Champion's Ballad had me literally go outside in the middle of the night and run a lap around the neighbourhood in hype. And 2019 was magical, watching with my best friend and with it feeling like there was a serious possibility for BotW2 (as it was called then) to show up, we were on the edge of our seats.

Then came 2020 and 2021, who could be very boring, sometimes to a significant degree. But it was tradition, and still fun because of the company I kept.

This year, however, I feel better about it. I'm always curious about Kojima and what he may or may not bring, and I do hope that FFXVI will have me excited about it again. Not to mention being curious about the occasional pleasant indie surprise, like Sayonara Wild Hearts. But more than everything, I'm just glad to see Monolithsoft get that attention and recognition they so rightfully deserve for the amazing achievement that is Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Insane prediction - Haunted Chocolatier getting a new update at TGAs.

ConcernedApe has been quietly working away at his game; the last update on the site's blog was December 21st, 2021. Very rarely does he share WIP screenshots on his Twitter but they are rarely substantial in the first place. Stardew Valley is still a critical and commercial Indie darling success story, having been nominated for Best Independent Game at TGAs 2016 (but losing to Inside, developed by Playdead), and there's still the screenshot direct from the official site that shows a curiously specific number of gold in the player's wallet

25_asdfi8nasdfh.png

In conclusion: Haunted Chocolatier will appear at TGAs before Zelda: TotK

Last edited:
trying to decide if i should have this on in the background tonight while i play pokemon or just not have it on at all

i wanna say i won't have it on at all but I know myself too well

I dunno why people are reading into Twitter so much here. Just let the show happen. Nintendo/Doug Bowser/Whoever not tweeting doesn't mean anything.

And I say that as someone who isn't anticipating anything from Nintendo.

I dunno why people are reading into Twitter so much here. Just let the show happen. Nintendo/Doug Bowser/Whoever not tweeting doesn't mean anything.

And I say that as someone who isn't anticipating anything from Nintendo.
Because they always said to tune in in the past.
The only time they didn’t was last year, and there wasn’t anything from Nintendo

For once I'm glad that the Steam Deck is not available in my region, so I have no reason to tune in. Would like Bayonetta, KoF and Rabbids to win their categories. Also Elden Ring, haven't played a lot of the nominees but it looks like the better game of the bunch.

I‘m really wondering why Nintendo didn’t tweet telling us to tune in. We already know that they are there with the Mario Movie and i guessed they would promote that. Especially since we always got news on the movie through Nintendo Directs

I‘m really wondering why Nintendo didn’t tweet telling us to tune in. We already know that they are there with the Mario Movie and i guessed they would promote that. Especially since we always got news on the movie through Nintendo Directs
It's really weird. It almost feels like they're trying to surprise us, except they already spoiled the surprise.

Nintendo has already tweeted more about TGA than it does most years, lol, some people just need to be worrywarts I suppose.

Then again, it's easy for me to say because I'll just go to sleep and if there's anything, I'll find out in 8-9 hours.

Geoff also clarified he held off on many pre-announcements this year so that the show would have more surprises so hope is not lost.

I'm not going in actively expecting anything Nintendo, but still, if any time is the time to drop a Xenoblade 3 DLC teaser, now is the time. Or at least, now would be a fitting time.

I feel like a Mario Movie clip is the most likely thing at this point with Geoff's tease but who knows.

There's a lot of non-Nintendo stuff here to be excited about as well anyways.

Given the Switch was basically made for this, what will y’all be playing during the Game Awards? I’m still working through Mario + Rabbids.

Given the Switch was basically made for this, what will y’all be playing during the Game Awards? I’m still working through Mario + Rabbids.
Well... At 1:10 I'm trying to not fall asleep 😴 watching through Steam on my phone for those sweepstakes!

Hoping I can win a Steam Deck but not gonna be too bothered if I don't. As for the show itself, I've watched the past two years and there's always at least something that makes me go "huh, that's neat."

I'm merp.

I hate video games.

...You're probably wondering how I got here.

Almost feel like there will be another movie, series or animated short reveal. Nothing game related or else we'd hear about the NoJ folks joining

Almost feel like there will be another movie, series or animated short reveal. Nothing game related or else we'd hear about the NoJ folks joining
The Metroid theme starts.
Everyone thinks it's for a game.
Live action Metroid movie trailer plays.
Internet explodes.

Edit: Double post

So instead I’ll say, switch pro pls if series x can so can Nintendo. A very rational ask.

Back
Top Bottom