• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic The Game Awards 2021 |ST| Rocket League Sideswipe was robbed

Is that when it starts for you or when it ends? Because this thing is gonna be like four hours long lol, honestly not worth it even if it was at a normal time for you

4 hours?? Wasn't it around 1 hour in the last years?

It starts 10pm for me, no way in hell I'm staying up until 2am

4 hours?? Wasn't it around 1 hour in the last years?

It starts 10pm for me, no way in hell I'm staying up until 2am

It's always been a huge 3.5-4 hour long thing.

It's why I'll definitely just catch up in the morning when I wake up at a normal time.

I did appreciate getting lucky and waking up just moment before the joker trailer started playing in that year, and checking it on my phone out of pure curiosity while still laying in bed. That would have been a much weaker moment to just see on twitter or an era thread title afterwards.

Quoted by: Leo
It's always been a huge 3.5-4 hour long thing.

It's why I'll definitely just catch up in the morning when I wake up at a normal time.

I did appreciate getting lucky and waking up just moment before the joker trailer started playing in that year, and checking it on my phone out of pure curiosity while still laying in bed. That would have been a much weaker moment to just see on twitter or an era thread title afterwards.

Well, guess I'm not watching it then. I didn't remember it being that long, maybe because I was always just half watching half playing something.

I really shouldn't watch this live cause it's at 1am for me and I've been unimpressed the past few years but I think I'm gonna anyway just in case something cool shows up, wouldn't wanna miss it live.

I thought I wouldn't be able to make one of these cause I started today but, damn, do I love doing these. Here's my bingo card for this year's Game Awards! :D :D :D :D

gameawards2021bingo.jpg

@frog not sure if it's a typo, but doesn't the pre-show start at 7:30PM EST as opposed to 5:30?

The fuck??? I thought this started at 01:00 over here but the countdown syas it's 02:00 now.... Well fuck it then. I'll see the highlights in the morning then I guess.

Have a good rest, amigos! Hopefully you'll wake up to some BOTW goodness.
Apreciate it! Though I really crave some live event to experience live with all the Fami and I was hoping this would be it. Ah well, maybe a next Direct or something :)

Apreciate it! Though I really crave some live event to experience live with all the Fami and I was hoping this would be it. Ah well, maybe a next Direct or something :)
Sure thing! I know what you mean about the fun of a live event and it is exciting to me too, especially around E3. In recent years for me I've found some Directs or TGA shows have one or fewer games I'm interested in, so I've ended up finding it more satisfying to view the show after the fact or check a live blog and then trailers.of things I'm interested in. That happened with Kirby in the last Direct for example. I lose the hype train fun that way, but it still feels exciting to see the trailer. I suppose it's just variably dependent on how many franchises you're into. But hopefully we will all get some cool announcements for things we're interested in. 😄

I'm staying up to watch this shit - 4am here we goooooo

Got two big bags of popcorn (the good stuff, not that crappy cinema popcorn), two big bottles of Lucozade and a desire to see cringe and/or hype unfold.

Keighley, bring the goods. Or the bads. Just don't bring the middles.

...Thank god I start at 11am tomorrow instead of 8am like usual. Don't know how I'd cope otherwise.

The best reveals usually come in the first hour or so, so I'll be up for those then call it a night and check out the remaining news the following morning. Would be nice if in future they pushed the times earlier for it to be more suited for us European types.

I need my sleep and I'm not feeling anything special, not expecting anything significant tbh but when I awaken tomorrow I hope I was wrong. Good night Famiboards, choochoo for all you crazy people out there

The best reveals usually come in the first hour or so, so I'll be up for those then call it a night and check out the remaining news the following morning. Would be nice if in future they pushed the times earlier for it to be more suited for us European types.
Yeah, apart from a few things the pre show has been the most worthwile part of the show.
That's where Sephiroth got announced for Smash and some of the awards like best Soundtrack that I'm interested in happen there.

Though I don't really regret having stayed up at night in the last years watching it either way.
Seeing the Joker reveal for Smash was so cool.

I'm staying up to watch this shit - 4am here we goooooo

Got two big bags of popcorn (the good stuff, not that crappy cinema popcorn), two big bottles of Lucozade and a desire to see cringe and/or hype unfold.

Keighley, bring the goods. Or the bads. Just don't bring the middles.

...Thank god I start at 11am tomorrow instead of 8am like usual. Don't know how I'd cope otherwise.

yay, you and me both!

Let's hope the vodka doesn't hit me too hard

excited to watch this, going to be watching in the oculus horizon theater.

any earlier and people won't be getting off work here in the US lol

Yeah, apart from a few things the pre show has been the most worthwile part of the show.
That's where Sephiroth got announced for Smash and some of the awards like best Soundtrack that I'm interested in happen there.

Though I don't really regret having stayed up at night in the last years watching it either way.
Seeing the Joker reveal for Smash was so cool.

I stayed up late for that one expecting Metroid news, and got Joker (and Mahvel) instead. Which was like...fine, but not worth staying up late for at my end. I've generally found that after the first flurry of announcements there's not much point staying up beyond that. Of course, watch Geoff keep BOTW2 to the end to mock me.

excited to watch this, going to be watching in the oculus horizon theater.

any earlier and people won't be getting off work here in the US lol
Maybe they could host the awards on the weekend, go full blown Oscars.

Won't be updating the OP live. Should have a recap of the highlights by the end of the night though.

Goddamn this forum got me hyped up for The Great Advertisements even though I need to get some sleep

y u doing thiz 2 me? :(

j/k love the positive vibes. Will go to sleep though and check the announcements tomorrow :)

Ooook I'm drunk and I'm going to sleep maybe
See you in a few hours when my head hurts and I watch the disappointing announcements for us switch owners

If Nintendo had tweeted, people would be expecting BotW2.
They expect that anyway, there's no winning with Nintendo fans lol

I really did put on an alarm for this huh 🤡.. so ..sleepy..

I hope it's gonna be worth it! But wow 3.5 hours is a long time..

I really hope Deathloop wins so that the console wars will finally be squashed between Xbox and Sony.

Excited to see The Game Awards tonight with family (my Dad) and the Fami :)

Still rolling with Xenoblade 3 for my Nintendo prediction!

Let's hope Geoff stands there so I can get my "Geoff stands behind the audience" bingo square ticked off!

it's been three minutes and they are just speedrunning this fucking show

revealed a game and did an award, didn't even read the noms out loud

preshow has no showmanship at all

Back
Top Bottom