• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic The Game Awards 2021 |ST| Rocket League Sideswipe was robbed

Thanks both. Not looking good.
Tbf Nintendo not saying anything doesn’t mean much. They could be announcing a new game. Maybe they’ll say something tomorrow. Rumors were wrong in the past like Metroid was supposed to be at Game Awards 2018.

There's no doubt Nintendo will show something here, but it would be crazy if it's Xenoblade 3. It feels both highly possible and not at the same time.

I'll be watching (kind of) hoping for some nice surprises.

Only half the game is even out. Stupid that it even got nominated tbh.
And there’s multiple devs from the team with thousands of followers telling people to vote for it.

Not trying to sound bitter, actually wish Nintendo would do the same with Dread lol

I feel like this "Nintendo hasn't said anything about TGA" thing happens every year, and it has no bearing on what they actually announce. At the same time, yes, expectations should be low, because the history of Nintendo at TGA is not filled with blowout reveals. But they always tweet about it just before the show and tell people to tune in.

Absolutely no interest in the awards themselves.
Curious about the potential reveals but not expecting much. I think I'm not the target audience of this kind of cringey shows.

I thought the Nintendo announcements of the last years were highlights of the show. Perhaps I'm just easy to please.

Everyone is being so down about the Game Awards. I think this will be a good show. If not, at least we have Sonic Frontiers.

I don't think we are getting any major announcements. Last year Nintendo tweeted a few days before that we would a Smash character reveal, this year they have been incredibly quiet. 😔

That seems later than I remember. After work recap some time on Friday it is then.
More I think about this, the more I realise I was thinking of Gamescom with the bus.

I hope it is good for the people slogging through all of it, the new Sonic film trailer would have been a neat surprise but of course it's announced in advance

Never thought I would say this but I'm actually pretty excited for the Sonic 2 movie trailer. The first one was way better than expected and my kid loved it.

Weird question but because of the copyright stuff happening with It Takes Two, can it be nominated for awards?

Weird question but because of the copyright stuff happening with It Takes Two, can it be nominated for awards?
"That co-op game"

Probably best it doesn't win just so he doesn't say anything he shouldn't, even if its a totally dumb situation.

2K is really weird with their views on fan projects, and it kind of makes Nintendo's views seem tame, Nintendo has not done anything with Earthbound fan games as far as I can recall, and Smash Flash 2 and Mario 63 are still up.

Amazon Luna ;) but that only proves your point.
Lmao, I only now realize my posts reads like I meant 'Google Luna', but what I meant is I used Google to search for what Luna is 😂

But Stadia and Luna are both pretty non-existant over here in Europe. I see now that Luna isn't even offered over here.

Nintendo not tweeting today is a good sign. They got a big surprise they hiding. Though they could still possibly tweet before the Game Awards starts

Seriously. Hard to believe that they're tomorrow, and then there's basically two weeks until Christmas. Very soon we'll be in the "holy crap it's next year?!?!" phase that always hits me every year

Then the cycle will repeat once we get the next direct and then e3

It does feel like time has moved faster this year

Final predictions. Feel free to quote me with clown emojis tomorrow when I inevitably look stupid lol
  • Nintendo reveal comes completely out of left field. AKA the game (or DLC) was never rumored.
  • Hollow Knight Silksong shows up
  • Halo looks like garbage
  • Planet Coaster 2
  • Suicide Squad gets the big gameplay showcase (I believe Geoff said 6 minutes?). Comes H1 2022.
  • Alan Wake 2. Alan Wake for Switch announced after the reveal
  • Chrono Cross is not PS5 exclusive, thank fuck
  • Bioshock 2022 is the big reveal of the show

Final predictions. Feel free to quote me with clown emojis tomorrow when I inevitably look stupid lol
  • Nintendo reveal comes completely out of left field. AKA the game (or DLC) was never rumored.
  • Hollow Knight Silksong shows up
  • Halo looks like garbage
  • Planet Coaster 2
  • Suicide Squad gets the big gameplay showcase (I believe Geoff said 6 minutes?). Comes H1 2022.
  • Alan Wake 2. Alan Wake for Switch announced after the reveal
  • Chrono Cross is not PS5 exclusive, thank fuck
  • Bioshock 2022 is the big reveal of the show
I remember reading somewhere that Bioshock is a Q1 2022 announcement.

Excited about Pokémon Legends trailer, BotW2 and Persona 5 going multi.

Which obviously means none is gonna happen.

Doug "Bald Fraud" Bowser going on stage cosplaying as Waluigi to announce that Waluigi's island is coming to MPS as a free update.

Back
Top Bottom