• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic The Game Awards 2021 |ST| Rocket League Sideswipe was robbed

…It Takes Two?

Immediate edit: I have to think that It Takes Two got so many votes so Josef Fares had a moment to ramble on stage. I haven’t played it and I’m sure it’s good but wtf?

Robyn's Dancing On My Own is the most random song choice for this.
I thought so too. Really odd.

It Takes Two is a phenomenal game, tied for my favorite of the year with Metroid. Incredible pick for an incredible game.

Lackluster af show after that really good first hour.

My biggest takeaway from this was that a Silent Hill game may be in-development and nearing an official announcement.

I thought Sonic looked good, but I just know it’s gonna have some issues on the Switch and my hype will spiral as soon as early reviews start rolling out.

The fact I don't remember most of the announcements shows that wasn't a great show for me haha.

I enjoyed posting about it with everyone here though, that was fun.

Pretty mediocre show. Wasn't really anything there I care for very much besides MH and Elden Ring but those are guaranteed buys anyways. Forspoken looked kinda meh but I'll give it a shot eventually I guess?

Now Fares needs to port the game to Switch. It's a rule too, like Disco Elysium got ported after winning 2019 award.
Having played both games, Disco Elysium is a sigificantly easier game to port lol. It Takes Two has some massive open levels with incredible graphics that has to handle two entirely different, near-constantly changing viewpoints at the same time. Don't expect a Switch port, really.

Every time TGA happens, I get the feeling people intentionally forget how shit it was the last time so they can act surprised all over again when it's just as shit as ever.
Or at least, that's the only explanation I can come up with.

It Takes Two was my 2nd choice behind Metroid so I like that. Surprised at the complete snubs for Ratchet and Psychonauts

Yeah.....im probably done with the VGAs- this just feels like too much of a Geoff and his Friends show at this point.

PS. Nothing against It Takes Two, amazing game and deserved.....but it feels off when all the winners are among the ones Geoff himself been hyping up on his shows like crazy be it Elden, Kojima or Fares. I might be off on that but it has a weird after taste.

Well anyhow hope at least you guys enjoyed the show, too tired...this was way too long. Sometimes less is indeed more and Geoff really needs to learn to say no to some of these publishers, for a overall better experience.

Every time TGA happens, I get the feeling people intentionally forget how shit it was the last time so they can act surprised all over again when it's just as shit as ever.
Or at least, that's the only explanation I can come up with.
2017 was great!

AND WE HAVE A BINGO

gameawards2021bingocompleted.jpg

Two if I'm wrong and Reggie did, in fact, say "Ready."

Even if it mattered, I'm not counting the brief snippet in a sizzle reel advertisement as BotW2 showing up :( I am counting the Pot Friend as a puppet - I know it's not 100% accurate but, please, let me have this!

Having played both games, Disco Elysium is a sigificantly easier game to port lol. It Takes Two has some massive open levels with incredible graphics that has to handle two entirely different, near-constantly changing viewpoints at the same time. Don't expect a Switch port, really.
He himself teased. Well, more like slipped it out.

While it does look good but nothing Switch can't run with right cutbacks. All it needs a talented port studio.

PS. Nothing against It Takes Two, amazing game and deserved.....but it feels off when all the winners are among the ones Geoff himself been hyping up on his shows like crazy be it Elden, Kojima or Fares. I might be off on that but it has a weird after taste.
You do know that around 70 media outlets decide the winner though, right?

That's exactly what they want us to think, so we watch it to the very end...

and there's no announcement by Ninty [/SPOILEE]
I hate to be right on there being no announcements, and I staying up watching those generic Hollywood's until late night so I'll struggle to watch class tomorrow 😭

You're telling that to someone who thought Ubisoft would port Watch Dogs Legion to Switch

We can infer Dread was close to the win considering it beat out three other noms in Action Adventure, that’s more than enough for me! I wasn’t ever expecting 2D Metroid to be such a contender and figured it’d be Prime 4

…It Takes Two?

Immediate edit: I have to think that It Takes Two got so many votes so Josef Fares had a moment to ramble on stage. I haven’t played it and I’m sure it’s good but wtf?
It's a fantastic game, and a well-deserved win (even though I was in favor of Metroid Dread winning).

Congrats to it takes two. But honestly as a big nintendo fan i thought the show was pretty terrible. Sonic is neat but they didn't show enough and I'm looking forward to cuphead dlc. I shoulda just played some halo during this lol.

On the reveals side, I actually wasn’t too disappointed because the past two years weren’t good so I had low expeditions, and this one wasn’t great either!

Seriously did expect Chrono Cross though, wtf?

Yeah.....im probably done with the VGAs- this just feels like too much of a Geoff and his Friends show at this point.

I felt those vibes too, but glad that It Takes Two won. I had that or Deathloop winning.

I never thought a Sonic reveal would be the highlight of the night, but here we are.

All I wanted was Chrono Cross.

Honestly... I'm a tiny bit glad Metroid Dread didn't win because I'd much rather have Josef Fares getting hype as fuck than Doug Bowser coming up to read a store-page description of the game again. It's nice to see actual developers happy that their work is being celebrated than seeing execs spout marketing talk.

It takes too is also a really nice pick for the fact that it deviates from the typical “GOTY game”

Honestly... I'm a tiny bit glad Metroid Dread didn't win because I'd much rather have Josef Fares getting hype as fuck than Doug Bowser coming up to read a store-page description of the game again. It's nice to see actual developers happy that their work is being celebrated than seeing execs spout marketing talk.
Yeah it’s a shame MS developers or especially Sakamoto weren’t there. Really would’ve loved a speech from him considering the past decade of the series :/

Doug isn’t that great. He’s a robot in his interviews I’ve listened to. You can clearly tell he’s just reading a piece of paper.

Alright - it's nearly 4:30am and I need to go to sleep cause I've got work at 11am. Been nice watching the show with you!

Now let's all agree... never to expect anything from Nintendo outside of their official channels again...

I don't know why, but I watch this show every year and always expect too much. That was really weak. Stuff I liked or were at least a bit interested in are
Persona 4 Arena port, the Sonic 2 trailer, Elden Ring and Dune RTS.

Oh, the orchestra was good.

It is funny how Nintendo was going hard when the Game Awards started years ago. Now they’re like non existent and Sony and Microsoft showing big trailers.

It is funny how Nintendo was going hard when the Game Awards started years ago. Now they’re like non existent and Sony and Microsoft showing big trailers.
Reggie and Iwata seemed to be the big proponents for a Nintendo Game Awards presence

Here's a question. Why did Doug Bowser need to accept the award for Metroid Dread?

Why couldn't someone at MercurySteam come on stage to accept it? They were at the event.

Because Mercury Steam has a lot of negative publicity to what to they do to their workers?
I guess? But the director of MercurySteam was definitely in the audience.

Did Bowser even mention any of the developers by name? (I don't remember)

Here's a question. Why did Doug Bowser need to accept the award for Metroid Dread?

Why couldn't someone at MercurySteam come on stage to accept it? They were at the event.
Bowser's speech was extremely stiff and devoid of passion. Really disappointing when the development team was right there, and Metroid winning an award after a nearly 20-year hiatus is a huge deal.

It felt like another way for Nintendo to "control the narrative," Can't have 'Nintendo Employees' making potential fuck-ups on stage like thanking their families and co-workers when an executive can do the right thing and talk about the "exciting adventure into Planet ZDR with dynamic combat and impressive graphics."

Overall Nintendo just feels a bit too soulless nowadays even if their games haven't changed all that much. But that's a bit of a downer and I need to go to sleep anyway so good night, everyone! :)

Wow Geoff why won’t you condemn the practices of Activision to women and their employees!

Wow Nintendo is soulless for not allowing a company we’ve heard mistreats their employees collect the award at the same Game Awards that spoke out against it.

Back
Top Bottom