• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic The Game Awards 2021 |ST| Rocket League Sideswipe was robbed

The Metroid theme song by the orchestra with Dread gameplay on the screen is literally the best part of the shown.

Come to think of it, did any of these games have great soundtracks anyway? Like the highlight song of this is a theme from the Super Nintendo.

Nintendo didn't tweet about the show, to go in expecting anything was always a lost cause. Why does the internet never learn lol.

It was an okay show but it was pretty uneventful.

Funny how "Best Family game" was stacked in Nintendo's favor and Nintendo still lost the award.

It's pretty deserved, very good game and one of the more creative games I've played this year.

Okay I'm happy that an indie game won. Sounded just as unlikely as a 2D game winning.

Not that I'm not sad Metroid didn't win :(

I'm 100% happy with that win

It Takes Two was a genuinely incredible experience in co-op. Dread, Psychonauts 2 would also be worthy winners but, personally, It Takes Two 'felt' like the best to me.

Oh, okay then. I should play It Takes Two sometime.

Josef is endearing.

Metroid will always be the goty in my heart.

Now Fares needs to port the game to Switch. It's a rule too, like Disco Elysium got ported after winning 2019 award.

Ok overall wow that was a weak show

I think the only things that interested me were the new MH: Rise monster and the Death game shown in the pre-show, and I lost all excitement for the latter when I found out it was a roguelike.

Edit: Well Tchia was good as its been in all its showings and I'm honestly fairly interested in Forsaken but both of those didn't show much new

All in all, a pretty disappointing show.

Most of the stuff being shown is stuff I really just don't give a shit about.

P4 Ultimax getting a port was cool.
Sonic 2 movie looked nice.
Game Awards Orchestra was fun as always.
Sun break expansion for MH ride looked cool for what little we saw.

That's about it. The Dune rts could be good. And who knows how that new Sonic game will turn out, but a really middle of the road show overall.

Nintnedo has so many games coming. It’s not like they hold lots of presentations to show them. They gonna stack the possible February direct?

Back
Top Bottom