• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic The 2024 Completed Games Thread

Been a bit tired from work recently so I vented some stress by playing as a killer shark in Maneater. The gameplay design is a little basic eat-10-blokes sort of thing, but they nailed the overall feel of being the monster in a creature feature. Just so fun wreaking havoc, no extra thought needed.

1. Pokémon Blue Version (Game Boy) [10/10]

What a way to start the year! I want to create a living dex where each of the Pokémon is caught in their original region, and what better place to start than with the originals? The Kanto games have always been the best in the series, and I think this is my favorite version of them. The game has a lot of glitches (Focus Energy) and and isn't quite polished (the box system) but it is incredible how ambitious the game is and how well they nailed it the first try. The game is oozing with charm and the world building is great for a game boy rpg meant for 5 year olds.

It's easy to forget that Pokémon used to be all about "catching them all". An easy criticism of this game is that some Pokémon are so hard to get or you get so late that they aren't usable, but I think that's fine. Not all of the Pokémon are meant to be battled with in this game, they're more like rare birds to find when bird watching. Considering my particular goal when playing this, it was really fun.

I just beat the elite four last night and currently have around 80 species caught. I will continue to fill out the dex until I can transfer them all over. I'm going to try to track down a copy of Stadium to see if I can beat that with my team too (I need an Omanyte).

My team:
Raichu lv37
Kabutops lv44
Mew lv43
Wolly(Venusaur) lv42
Snorlax lv40
Lola(Jynx) lv48

Last edited:
3. Super Mario 64 (3D All-Stars, Switch)

Decided to play through each 3D Mario on Switch this year so I can play through Mario Odyssey for only the second time before a new 3D Mario arrives either with or shortly after a new console.

Anyway, I'm glad I didn't aim for 120 stars, because the game's aged camera and controls got on my nerves this time around. There's still an immense amount to enjoy here, and it's also impressive how much fun stuff and design 3D Mario achieves for the 'playground' style games off of the bat. Doing so without any real paradigms to follow - either creatively or technically - makes it all the more impressive. Really drives home how much of a spiritual successor Odyssey is to this game, including the ease with which some objectives can be achieved for players. This also marked the first time I've played the game with the N64 controller in about 25 years, and the first time I've completed it with said iconic controller, so that's a fun accomplishment.

Not sure when I'll start Sunshine, but I'll be going chronologically through the games with the aim of completing Odyssey before new hardware and, I assume, the next 3D Mario arrives. If Nintendo want to port 3D Land and Galaxy 2 to Switch for the sake of completion, then that's fine with me.

1. Super Mario RPG (Switch)
2. Metroid Fusion (NSO)

The tally so far is Old Nintendo Stuff, so I'll get on with one of my indies next, before finally starting Baldur's Gate 3 at the end of next week once it's established the new firmware update solves the save issue.

My updates are definitely going to start slowing down as I jump into longer games, but here's another one for now:

3. Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (Game Boy)
cf46a79c1654777ef0c33f2899b88b7c.png

Another series I've been meaning to get into...had never played this one, although I did own Wario Land 2 as a child, and this was a short one so figured I would take a crack at it. Wario felt super slow most of the time, seemed like the hit detection on enemies was kind of off at times, and I'd say the final dozen or so levels looked pretty similar, but I had a fine time with it. The idea of spending coins to unlock checkpoints in the levels is pretty neat. When you lose your lives, a random treasure gets taken away from you - which happened more than once to me...so I unfortunately only ended up with the birdhouse at the end. Hilarious, though, because it's Wario, and that's what he deserves! Looking forward to seeing how this series has evolved as I move through the later titles. This one took me about three and a half hours so it was fairly breezy, which as I mentioned is what I was looking for.

1. Final Fantasy VIII (Switch) - 01/06/24
  2. Mega Man 7 (Switch) - 01/08/24
  3. Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (Game Boy) - 01/10/24

1. World of Horror (Switch)

After seven-ish hours I have ascended the menacing Lighthouse that looms over a haunted seaside town, achieving my first "positive outcome". :LOL: WOH is a very unique and extremely fun horror adventure game that hits like no other, really- gather gossip, investigate ghastly crimes and occult cases, and inevitably fight carnivorous demons with meat cleavers and baseball bats- all in the most delectable pixel art with such a gorgeous style. There are so many outcomes, so many world events, it all feels so cohesive and fun to explore. Fair warning though teenyboppers - it earns its "M" rating for disturbing material in the veins (heh) of Junji Ito and other eldritch admirers.

iu

While I'm not "complete complete" as there is still remains a fair amount left to systematically unlock with time/events/conditions, I am ecstatic to chart my first success without using a guide or training, just observation and RPG skillz.

Favorite color palette: 2-bit Gothic

Last edited:
1. Ghost Trick (Switch)

share_hk.png

Started playing this last year and finally finished. It’s one of those games that I absolutely adored, but I can’t say too much about because I think it’s the kind of game best played going in knowing as little as possible.

A very unique, creative game that is one of those rare narratives that takes advantage of being a video game to tell its story. Solutions are often not immediately obvious, but the game is rarely frustrating. Surprising character depth and charm.

All in all I really loved this game, goes up there with The Great Ace Attorney and 13 Sentinels as one of my favorite Switch story focused titles.

3. Yakuza 3 (Xbox Series S)

Poor Yakuza 3. Since the first two games got remade with better engines, but 3 only got remastered, it's left as the most dated mainline Yakuza game now and it shows. Playing this felt kinda rough both visually and gameplay-wise as a result. It's not a bad game, per se, but I'm also not entirely sure I'd recommend playing it over a story recap.

The combat here is total jank and generally veers between sorta middling and outright frustrating. A large part of the problem is that bosses and tougher enemies turtle constantly, turning fights into drawn-out slugfests of breaking their guard without putting too much pressure on that they just whip out some counter. It doesn't help that the hardest boss in the game is in Chapter 3, and that's largely because you just don't have the abilities you need to deal with him yet. The rest of the main game I found significantly easier.

The story itself has weird pacing. A lot of it is slice of life with Kiryu running an orphanage. It's cute and has some great character moments and juxtaposes well with the sorta serious but also zany crime drama that is the main plot. It also runs for the first five chapters of the game. Out of twelve. As a result it feels drawn out and padded. The main plot, once it kicks in, moves at breakneck speed, has no real chance to breathe, and results in a massive exposition dump in a chapter hilariously called 'The Plot'. I'm not sure if that's a deliberate joke by either the devs or the localisers, it's just way too on the nose.

I've been kinda down on the game, but it's still Yakuza and I still mostly enjoyed it even as I found it incredibly dated. It has the usual Yakuza/LAD brand of silliness played deadly straight, and some decent characters and moments, even if it sometimes veers into bad soap opera territory way more than even a Yakuza game ought to. I mostly just did the main story and substories I came across though. I don't really care that much about completion in Yakuza games and, if I did, I could pick better games in the series to try and 100%, like 0 or 7/LAD.

Rolled credits on Hi-Fi Rush. It's a gorgeous game and the use of music is pretty great. There's small touches like the environment moving to the music that I really liked. And it has a decently challenging combat. But I was pretty much dreading every second I wasn't in a fight.

The level design is just kinda there. Most of the time you're walking down corridors in Chai's slow ass pace, maybe jump a bit to collect items, see a button prompt and press that button to progress. For most of the levels there's 0 challenge involved here until towards the end when there's small "puzzles" but what you do between fights is basically just there to let you be in the level and experience it with the music. Character action games tend to have this problem but this felt like one of the worst ones, not nearly enough fights for the length of some of these levels which makes them feel excessively long. That coupled with the relative lack of bosses makes the game sadly fall short in this area.

Now I said that I liked the combat and how the music was incorporated in the game and for the most part I think that's true. The game does a good job to encourage playing on beat without requiring it and once you're really in the zone it feels great. The counter mechanic, however, flat out sucks. Either there's too few hits so it's way too easy to get the beat right. Or it's too long, I lose the beat halfway through and have to tank the hits. In my entire playthrough I never had one counter that I felt was just right and satisfying to pull off. Similarly, how you activate Korsica's "field skill" is also lame.

Worst of all, however, is the completely boilerplate, MCU-knockoff writing. It's just quip after quip and pun after pun that do absolutely nothing for the characters who are a bunch of cardboard cutouts that are hanging out for reasons. Every somewhat serious moment is immediately undermined by another joke as if the writers were afraid the player might actually feel something. So when they try to have an earnest scene at the end of the game, the kind of emotional payoff to this entire journey. it just completely fell flat for me. I don't care about these characters because I know nothing about them. I don't remember when a developer so badly misjudged how funny their game actually is. Or maybe they do and Peppermint is supposed to represent the player. Who knows?

All in all I ended up pretty disappointed in this, partly because I came to it with moderately high expectations but also because the stuff that I enjoyed about the game is really good. Just kind of a bummer.

1. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  2. Alan Wake II
  3. Rytmos
  4. Pizza Tower
  5. Hi-Fi Rush

By system:
3DS - 1

1. Pokemon X (3DS) - 20 hours - 5.5/10
    Started my year by going back to my least liked Pokemon game. Approaching a decade since my last playthrough, I'd almost forgotten the entire experience, and wanted to see if my opinion improve. In short, it did slightly, but X/Y are still just blobs of wasted potential, and as is, still suuuuuck.

For some positives:
    • The regional dex was huge for the time, 400+ catchable Pokemon was pretty great.
    • The Kalos Power Plant music is great.
    • Some cool Pokemon designs - Furfrou has a special place in my heart, I have a black goldendoodle and it looks a lot like him. I actually managed to get a shiny one on this playthrough that was my MVP. Too bad there's so few new Pokemon, and Furfrou still hasn't made it off of the 3DS at that...
    • PSS was a huge leap forward at the time, still the best online features for Pokemon have ever been.

The game feels unfinished in a lot of places, the story is nothing and Team Flare are the worst evil team by a long long way, weirdly sandwiched between the fantastic Team Plasma in Gen V and the amazing Team Skull in Gen VII. They have 0 personality, and Lysandre is such a boring villain, while Diantha and Sycamore are the dumbest characters in the series.The E4 only have 4 Pokemon each and are the biggest pushovers imaginable too.

AZ and his Eternal Floette are such a cool concept, yet nothing gets done with them at all... This really needed a third version to round it out, They're just not good games. I hope their inevitable remakes at the end of this decade (hopefully with a Legends game that goes into the war 3000 years ago too) fixes these issues but I wouldn't hold my breath.

4. Super Metroid: Subversion.

A bit of a double-post since I basically just said the same thing to Metroidvania thread but I figured I was farther away from the endgame than I was.

Super Metroid: Subversion might be the best ROMhack I've ever played.

With over double the amount of rooms from the original, completely new world, new music, new abilities, new pick-ups, and a ton of creativity, it's one of the best Metroid games of all time even if we count the official releases.

I'll try not to spoil a lot, but if you're waiting for Metroid Prime 4, I highly recommend to play this game as it borrows a lot of stuff from Prime series in addition to the original 1994 game it's based on.

Possibly the biggest inclusion is the logbook which acts as both a lore repository, a tutorial library, and a hint system. With the game being double the size of the original it's a very organic way to remind players of what they've seen and even tell them what else they need to do by featuring "obsticles" section with large red markers for unsolved puzzles.

This didn't actually help me from getting stuck, as by the time I realized I needed it I didn't understand how it works. My fault completely, frankly, but I do wish a tab called "Need new weapons" was a little more heavy on Ice Beam mention, as I saw it, read it, saw the big "UNSOLVED" and figured I need a Plasma Beam or something. Even now I feel like other hints are much better at reminding you what exactly you need, mentioning tight passages, gusts of wind, lasers, and so on.

The game does a pretty wonderful job of navigating the player through its mazes and I can remember only a few times where I went somewhere I didn't need to and ended up getting stuck, like with aforementioned Ice Beam where, after getting it, I remembered a nearby puzzle and went off on a loop around the world going away from my actual goal.

The game is still a hack, so it's clear that there are some things they couldn't change. Most bosses are about the same, with some being given a twist that's a bit too ROMhacky (Spore Spawn now has Mega Man-esque disappearing blocks and is on top of a much taller room?), but a few battles do have very interesting remixes.

However, there are things that are changed from the original in a way that feel like a miracle. For example, multiple times throughout the game player will change the state of the world! You remember those rare things in Metroid where a sector would blow up in Fusion or when a place would get overtaken by ice in Dread? This game does this, but I'd say what it does is even cooler. Some new mechanics also feel like they don't belong in Metroid, but in a good way. Instead of feeling out-of-place, I was just constantly surprised by this being a mod of a 30-year-old game.

One thing that's pretty much completely changed is the pick-up system. I don't care much for pick-ups in Metroid games. Getting 100% is my goal at the beginning, but after picking up samey upgrades I lose interest. After all, getting your 48th missile pick up just feels prefuntory.

Subversion goes the Prime way of balancing ammo adding its own touch which makes it much more appealing: Super Missiles cost 5 ammo, but Power Bombs cost 10, which means ammo pickups are much more desireable, not to mention that there are two varieties of them - one adding 5 to your max, and another adding 10.

Even beyond that, there are completely new pickups that make the game so much more interesting. Refuel tanks, damage and charge amps, space jump boosts all feel extremely important and made me feel way cooler and stronger than any pick-up from an official Metroid did in the past 20 years (except for E-tanks, I guess, those always felt important).

There is nearly nothing negative I can say about this game. Its pacing and new power-ups, new mechanics and enemies all add up to something that feels completely unique. The world is divided into even more areas than the original which helps make it memorable despite its size (don't worry, authors didn't just take Norfair and added 50 more rooms to it), and the surprises this game has in store rival official Metroid games.

Looking at 100% item map it might be the case that I missed a completely optional area? Not to mention there are challenges in-game that push you to go for specific playthroughs and tell you what kind of things are possible (various skips and recommended times for speedrunners). If there's one thing that's a bit dated it's the OG Super Metroid weapon switch. The game has one more item on your select bar than the original, so by the end of the game it leads to mashing Select way too much. Other than that my only wish is that the bosses were more original, but I get it, that seems to be pretty much impossible to do.

Other than that? This is by all accounts Super Metroid 2.

2. Super Mario RPG Remake
image.png

There's not much I can say about this game, I'm very biased towards it because it was one of my favorite SNES games back then and still is one of my favorite games of all time.

I was a bit worried that the 3D graphics would take away the charm from the original game but after playing it, I think going full chibi was the right call. The charm is still there and it manages to capture the humor and wackiness of the OG.

I played the game with the modern soundtrack and it was a delight, Yoko Shimomura is a musical genius and I love what she did with this game. I still like the SNES version of some songs but overall the modern versions are amazing to listen to.

One thing that I don't understand is that they added an easy mode but couldn't bother to add a hard mode. It would've been great for veterans of the game and genre because this game is very easy and a bit of challenge is always welcomed. One example are the post-game rematch bosses, having a hard mode with those new boss mechanics would've been a treat and it's a shame they didn't think about including it.

As for the splash damage, I'm kinda neutral about it. It didn't bother me but it obviously made the game even easier, a toggle would've been nice or make it easy mode-only.

Also, while I LOVED the new cinematic cutscenes, it lacked some voice acting or more special effects.

Overall it's a great remake of a great game. Just a short, jolly, feels-good adventure that makes me smile every time I play this game. I miss this kind of wackiness and character designs in Mario (rpg) games.

image.png

image.png

Hey hey, my first post on Famiboards! (months after making my account...)

Anyhoo, I went a little crazy during the eshop sale last December, and I had plenty left to play even before that. Tagging this to come back to and keep a record of everything I finish this year. I don't have a ton of time at home, but I'm hoping I can get some good play time in during my work commutes. Just have to keep myself off Pokemon long enough to finish other stuff.

2024 Completed List:
Pokemon Scarlet: Indigo Disk
Light Fall
Pokemon Ultra Sun
Pokemon Emerald

Last edited:
Adding to my previous post:

I rarely go back to games after I beat them, but I was far too interested, and indeed, Super Metroid Subversion does feature a completely optional area with three different biomes and an all-new boss.
Holy shit.

There is an issue with final upgrade being likely received way too late to do much to you, and everything else in the game past super-boss being way too easy for it, but it's still insane.

Adding "optional areas" to my Metroid wishlist, even if it probably guarantees no new official Metroid game will satisfy me.

I started Humanity as a dog made of light directing humans through increasingly complex levels. By the end of Humanity I was overcome with a profound sadness at the realization that we are just a speck in the universe. I'd usually have more to say, especially about some of the bigger surprises in the game, but I actually just wanna sit with it.

2. Alan Wake II
  3. Rytmos
  4. Pizza Tower
  5. Hi-Fi Rush
  6. Humanity

Beat my first two games of the year!

1- Dragon Quest Treasures (Switch)
2- F-zero (SNES)

I started DQT last year, but only finished it yesterday. DQ spin off continue to be a lot of fun. Treasures has a slow start, but once the game opens and you get the hang of its mechanics, it's addictive. It's definitely one of those "just one more go" games. It's ugly and janky but I didn't really care, it's charming and fun enough to compensate. I think my only real complaint would be that there aren't enough different monsters, I think there are like 20 species and then a lot of recolors. For a game that has monster catching as one of its main mechanics, that's really not varied enough. But this is the kind of fun experimental game that a sequel could improve so much upon, just like DQ Builders did. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have sold very well to warrant a sequel, but who knows, the DQ team kinda do whatever they feel like at the moment. I think a DQT2 where you play as a slime, bringing back elements from Rocket Slime would be a wonderful game.

I have a tradition of starting the year playing a bunch of short retro games, and I've been itching to play the og F-zero since F-zero 99 came out last year (that was great, btw!). Not much to say about this game that hasn't been said anymore, it's just awesome. The graphics looked mesmerizing at the time, and the soundtrack is legendary. Playing it again today, I also appreciated how sofisticated its physics are, and how they enable the craziest track layouts, which would be impossible in any other racing game. I hope if we ever get a new F-zero, it's more inspired on the SNES one, the sequels never appealed to me much.

Looking back in 2023, I have nothing to show, not feeling good at all.
Though I bought around 40 new games on Switch & PS5, only completed 3 of them.
Hopefully in 2024, I will buy a game only when I am going to complete it.
  1. Metroid Prime Remastered
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
  3. Pikmin 4

I started Humanity as a dog made of light directing humans through increasingly complex levels. By the end of Humanity I was overcome with a profound sadness at the realization that we are just a speck in the universe. I'd usually have more to say, especially about some of the bigger surprises in the game, but I actually just wanna sit with it.

2. Alan Wake II
  3. Rytmos
  4. Pizza Tower
  5. Hi-Fi Rush
  6. Humanity
Did you play this in VR? I’ve heard really good things.

I had a great gaming year in 2023 and played some stellar games.
For example, I stumbled upon the Octopath Traveler series, and finished both of the games in the series last year, and played Pikmin for the first time.
But I also played an amazing The Legend of Zelda game and an excellent refreshing 2D Mario game.

In total I completed 12 games, with almost every single one of them completed at 100%:
1: Octopath Traveler (23-01)
2: Paper Mario: The Origami King (13-02)
3: A Short Hike (19-02)
4: Celeste (25-02)
5: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (+ Season Pass) (05-03)
6: Pikmin 4 (23-09)
7: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (10-10)
8: Octopath Traveler II (12-10)
9: Spiritfarer (16-10)
10: Super Mario Bros. Wonder (06-11)
11: Kirby and the Forgotten Land (16-11)
12: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe + Wave 1-6 of the Booster Course Pass (16-12)

Now let's talk about 2024, by starting with the end of last year.
In november and december of last year I started looking into buying a DS or 3DS.
Eventually I settled upon purchasing a second-hand DSi XL, because I mainly want to play DS games from my childhood that I wasn't able to complete back then.
And the internet told me DS games look best on that console, and so far I can certaintly see why people say that.

Mid december my DSi XL arrived (in excellent condition without scratches on the screens!).
I immediately modded the console and put a bunch of DS games on an SD card.
Now only one question remained: which game to start on.

I have tried playing Pokémon games from the DS times on an emulator every so often for years now, but never could get back into them.
So I figured I would give them one last try and start with the first Pokémon game on the DS, Pokémon Platinum (I didn't want to play the slower Diamond/Pearl).
I was thinking about doing a Nuzlocke, but I decided not to since I play games to enjoy them and I am by no means an experienced Pokémon player.
However, in an attempt to make the game a bit more difficult I decided to do my utmost best to keep every Pokémon in my party at roughly the same level.
This is because when I was younger I would always have one very strong Pokémon and five weak Pokémon in my party which made Pokémon games rather easy.
Surprisingly, this made the game a lot more difficult and I blacked out almost 10 times throughout the game, which felt like the perfect level of difficulty for me.
In the end, I thoroughly enjoyed Pokémon Platinum and had a lot of fun, which I did not expect this to happen since I couldn't get into the game on an emulator. I'm really glad I gave Pokémon another try!

After this, I didn't feel like going into Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver just yet, so I started on Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team.
I tried the demo of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon DX on Switch last year, but I quit that after 30 minutes or so.
But again, for some reason I really enjoyed the original DS game and completed it earlier today!
Surprisingly, I really enjoyed the story and I will defend it to anyone, it must be one of the best stories in any Pokémon mainline game or spin-off. (which is a low bar to clear, I know)
After completing the story I looked up what the postgame of the game entails, which apparantly includes clearing 99-floor monotonous dungeons so I decided to only complete the story of this game.

I have a long list of DS games I want to try out (and finish if I like them), including some that I didn't even know existed when I was younger.
For example, I want to play Mario Kart DS, New Super Mario Bros., Mario & Luigi, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, more Pokémon, The Legend of Zelda and Professor Layton.
I played every one of these at least once when I was younger except the Professor Layton games, so I'm curious how those are.
All in all, I'm really looking forward to play a lot on my DS this year, and I'll likely use my Switch every now and then as well! ;)

So my tally for this year so far is:
1. Pokémon Platinum (DS) (07-01)
2: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (DS) (13-01)

Last edited:
4. Super Mario Bros 2 (NES)

I always end up playing retro games during the beginning of the year and I'm in a very Mario Mood right now, so here we are. It's amazing to me how many things from this game ended up becoming franchise staples. That alone makes it an important entry to me, even if the gameplay in this doesn't always wow me. The main theme tune will never get old.

bring back Wart!

2. Sengoku 3 (Switch)

Part of the ACA NEOGEO releases bringing some sweet sweet arcade action to the Switch, I went over to a friends' house with some party favors and we blazed through this quarter-cruncher in an evening, had quite a blast doing so. While it is not extremely complicated in terms of mechanics, the difficulty of your enemies' hits is offset by the very nice variety of attack moves and dash/jumps you can perform with each of its varied characters- I know we would have easily spent more than eight dollars on this in the arcades if we were forced to insert coins like it was clearly designed for.

Two players will crush it with the allotted "free save" mode, but it's a very fun time nonetheless that continuously surprises- by no means a classic but I actually think I'll up the difficulty and go for a few solo runs too just to see how it charts numbers wise, the combat is that fluid and entertaining.

Local splitscreen with friends, my heart belongs to thee.

image_original.jpg

2024 Games Completed So Far...
1. World of Horror (Switch)
2. Sengoku 3 (Switch)

Some games I beat last year but forgot to review, can you believe it? What a klutz I am!
-Kirby’s Tilt n Tumble: Surprised this game actually, you know, works. I mean this game came out on the original game boy and yet was able to do something as impressive, if not more, then the wii’s motion controls. 7/10
-Mario Kart Super Circuit: Feels, quite like two other games on this little list, like an SNES game just with kinda improved gameplay and tracks. 6/10, far above is dogshit SNES predecessor, but no where near the quality of…
-F-Zero Climax and F-Zero Maximum Velocity: Maybe it’s just because the games follow up on an actually good game, but these one’s felt leagues ahead of Super Circuit. The levels in these game were especially improved, fitting the speedy gameplay very well and being both challenging and fair. 7/10 for the both of em’
Kirby’s Dreamland 2: Probably the worst Kirby game, 9/10
-Okay for real this time: There was one thing I didn’t kid about in my review, Dreamland 2 is the worst MAINLINE Kirby, looking at you Kirby Clash (7/10). Unlike the original, which had 5 unique levels, this game feels the need to have like 40 uninspired levels. At least it has copy abilities though, right? Oh, and this game introduced nightmare fuel into Kirby, so at least it can be appreciated for that and nothing else! 7.1/10 (I said it was better then Kirby clash)
-Mario Kart DS: Best Mario kart originally intended for a handheld, mission mode for sure needs to come back. Plays infinitely better than Mario kart 7, which feels so sluggish and slow compared to his. 7/10
-Mario Kart 7: What do you get when you mix mid and garbage? Mario Kart 7! 5/10

Finished my first game of the year today with Afterimage. I always thought this game looked good but even then it really blew away my expectations. Just in terms of gameplay this game did everything I like in a metroidvania extremely well. If you like the feeling of having a general idea of where to go but having the option to just wander off and explore aimlessly for hours at a time and constantly finding new things, Afterimage is the game for you. My only real issue with the game is that sometimes it was a little too aimless and by the time I realized I wasn't trying to progress the main story for like 5 hours straight I realized I had no idea where I was actually supposed to be going lol. But it's a good time with great movement/combat, a ton of exploration and things to find, and a gorgeous art style. I got the true ending and it took me about 28 hours.

Next I'll be jumping back into Final Fantasy XIV. I haven't played since 2020 when I beat Shadowbringers. I haven't done any of the patch content yet for it. My hope is to catch up with everything currently out before the new expansion releases later this year. I'm expecting quite a journey just getting reacclimated with the game before I actually jump into the 5.?? patch content.

4. Crash Bandicoot: Warped (N. Sane Trilogy) (PS5) [Finished January 11th, 2023] - 8.5/10:
After playing the abysmal Crash Bandicoot 1 and having terrible first experiences with Crash Nitro Fueled, I'm physically repulsed every time I have to say a Crash game is good, but I have to admit after playing Crash 2 in 2022 and now having beaten Crash Warped that these two games are really damn good. Crash is interesting in that the elements that don't make it age well are also part of what makes it unique - the camera is at odds with being a 3D platformer as it makes depth perception finicky and the general game design is more similar to a 2D platformer but with all the drawbacks of 3D platforming. But because of this, there really isn't many games from that era that play like Crash Bandicoot, and the game gets to maintain a level of challenge and ingenuity that isn't in most 3D platformers, its almost like an inverse of Super Mario 64 where many gamss copy its bigger level design but few games copy its non linearity or complex controls.

As for Crash Warped specifically, it's probably the best game in the Trilogy, but it took me a while to get there. The game has less naturalistic settings than 2, which at first felt a bit tacky, and the general game progression and story design is way less interesting than going up a themed tower and being mocked by Cortex's hologram. The disembodied loading screen heads look silly, and while this game is still better looking than 1 thanks to the visual variety this is probably the game in the N. Sane Trilogy that suffers the most from the modern visuals ironically because it's so ambitious looking that the scope of the close up shots and large levels doesn't fit well with the budget.

Still, the variety in gameplay is just incredible here, and it almost all works well. I think what really puts this game above 2 for me is just how fun the Great Wall levels are, animal buddy levels were terrible in 1 and fun but needed some work in 2 and here they're just flat out great, possibly the best part of the game. The standard levels are also really good, about on par with 2 and I wish there was more of them. The swimming levels were surprisingly good as well, and I even liked the plane levels, though they're definitely the second worst level archetype in the game and pretty clunky ... they're just bad by the end. The motorcycle levels are horrible though, and while I think the bosses are designed well for the first time in the series, I still didn't enjoy them much ... Crash's 1 hit design philosophy just doesn't really work well with trial and error boss fights.

All this and the progression, story and music being a step back is enough to put the game down just a smidge, but it's still a great video game and honestly one of the best 3D platformers I've played.

Star Wars Jedi Survivor felt like it was a bit ignored in enthusiast circles but I thought it was an improvement from the original in almost every single way. The levels are more complex with some amazing vistas, the combat has been expanded, Cal and the other characters are more interesting. And despite obviously being a sequel and set between the PT and OT with the threat of the empire looming over the galaxy, it still manages to carve out its own corner.

Fallen Order was pretty heavily inspired by Metroid Prime and for Survivor they seemingly took some inspiration by Zelda as well with the "shrines", some more elaborate puzzles and Koboh as the Hyrule Castle + Field equivalent. The saloon slowly filling up with people that you meet on your travels was such a nice touch and helped further illustrate how there's more than the Jedi and the Empire in Star Wars. Tying it to the High Republic was a great choice.

It's not perfect by any means, however. Everyone knows how bad the PC version is but I found the game to be extremely janky in general, especially in platforming sections. The game's combat system also doesn't really lend itself well to fights involving more than three enemies. It feels too unreliable for that, especially the parry that seems to have a huge delay.

Another negative perhaps is that it is a bit too big and goes on for a little bit too long. There is a part in the game where I felt I was nearing the end but nope, sorry, the game throws another wrench into things. It made sense for the overall theme of the story and Cal's arc but by that point I was looking forward to the finale. Fast-travel was a highly requested feature in the original and luckily they put it in here but the downside is that the game feels a bit overly reliant on it, making you jump between locations in ways that don't feel entirely organic. I guess it's preferable to having to go through the same areas multiple times but it could have been more compact. I did some light exploration, getting a completion rate of around 65% and it took me 25 hours to finish it.

2. Alan Wake II
  3. Rytmos
  4. Pizza Tower
  5. Hi-Fi Rush
  6. Humanity
  7. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

I’m here!

1. Sea of Stars (NS) - Much was made of this game’s similarities with Chrono Trigger, Golden Sun, Mario & Luigi, etc., but all of these comparisons (though flattering) give short shrift to an RPG that really has an identity all its own. Sea of Stars is pixel art nirvana with a triumphant OST and a more than serviceable combat system. The only area where the game doesn’t totally excel is its story, which is fine! It has old-school sensibilities, and many RPGs of yore used the narrative as a means to an end for the player to embark on an unforgettable adventure. And like those classics of the genre, I certainly will not forget Sea of Stars any time soon!

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

My 2024 year-in-review
PwHR5dz.gif

06 — Chained Echoes
I was often struck by the way this game slowly but surely doled out its many interlocking systems. Chained Echoes justifies its layers upon layers by making each of them meaningful. Every course of action in a battle can be clutch, and that is thanks to the very clever Overdrive system.

Because battles veer a little more on the demanding side, the work you put into improving your characters and gear feels tangible, necessary. Exploring and finding upgrade materials was a particular highlight for me for this reason. You also just absolutely tear ass in this game; being so quick on your feet makes poking around the game’s vast zones it’s own reward. And that’s before you get your mech suits that let you fly around to uncover yet more nooks and crannies — and unlock a second battle system for good measure.

While I found the overarching story to be flat overall, the memorable cast and engaging battles gave me more than enough to chew on. A game I won’t soon forget!

Game number 2. Fire emblem engage. I overall, really enjoyed it, story was decent and gameplay was good. I’ve been a fan since awakening. The emblems were a cool mechanic. I spent around thirty hours on it total. It was overall a good game in my opinion.

More 2023 cleanup lol: I was really looking forward to Jusant last year but abandoned it early on because there's way too much text for the kind of game it is. The developers seem to have entirely missed the appeal of text logs (which is fairly limited to begin with) and I think this would have been much better if it had taken after something like Journey which tells its story entirely without text. But what can you do.

I went back now, skipping the logs and whatever entirely, only focusing on the climb and enjoyed it much more. It's fun, the climbing segments work like small puzzles and new elements are introduced at a quick enough pace for it to not get old too fast (it's also short game so that helps). The saddest part is that there's a really solid foundation that could have, with a bit more polish, made for a very cool arcade game. Maybe one day.

2. Alan Wake II
  3. Rytmos
  4. Pizza Tower
  5. Hi-Fi Rush
  6. Humanity
  7. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
  8. Jusant

5. Spyro The Dragon (RetroArch) (PC) [Finished January 13th, 2024] - 5.5/10:
I think I might have not given this game the best playing experience, I streamed most of it to friends and I generally don't enjoy games as much when I'm streaming them, I like to be completely concentrated on the game. With that being said, I think this would be a 6.5 at best anyways. While I did enjoy quite a lot of my time with Spyro, the overall experience is a bit of a mixed bag.

I really like how this game is a 3D platformer that was actually inspired by what Mario 64 did, and I think it's interesting how it adapts that game into a platformer with more easy to grasp controls. Everything in this game has a nice animation or sound effect associated with it, and the audiovisual experience is mostly fantastic. I do have a bit of a nitpick with the soundtrack - by now, Spyro's soundtracks have become legendary for their catchy tunes and amazing production, but I personally felt the production on the tracks was the highlight rather than the actual melodies themselves. Often tracks would open up with a really ear catching theme only to fail to expand on that whatsoever and by the end the tracks all kind of blend together. That's actually a surprisingly appropriate description for the game itself, while playing any individual level in Spyro is fun the overall experience just blends together into one harmonious but repetitive blob by the end. The game has a really hard time evolving itself, and while I feel bad being so negative about it it doesn't change the fact that even despite beating the game in under 5 hours and in the course of 3-4 sittings I was still feeling the repetition by the end. Bosses are bad, worlds are always simple and easy and the world design is often missing landmarks both in the hub worlds and in the levels themselves to make navigating the world more manageable.

Again, it's a fairly fun game in short spurts and it's nice and relaxing so I feel bad for giving it a similar score to Crash 1, which I had way more issues with, but again, there's no reason a 5 hour game should feel this repetitive and bland. I'm hopeful that the sequels are much better in a similar way to how the sequels to Crash are much better but I'm unfortunately a bit skeptical as Spyro seems to have changed less from sequel to sequel than Crash, I'm eager to find out!

1. Hi-Fi Rush (PC) [Finished January 4th, 2023] - 9.5-10/10
2. Astro's Playroom (PS5) [Finished January 5th, 2023] - 4.0/10
3. Metal Slug (RetroArch) [Finished January 6th, 2024] - 4.0/10
4. Crash Bandicoot: Warped (N. Sane Trilogy) (PS5) [Finished January 11th, 2023] - 8.5/10
5. Spyro The Dragon (RetroArch) (PC) [Finished January 13th, 2024] - 5.5/10
1. Hi-Fi Rush (PC) [Finished January 4th, 2023] - 9.5-10/10
2. Crash Bandicoot: Warped (N. Sane Trilogy) (PS5) [Finished January 11th, 2023] - 8.5/10
3. Spyro The Dragon (RetroArch) (PC) [Finished January 13th, 2024] - 5.5/10
4. Metal Slug (RetroArch) [Finished January 6th, 2024] - 4.0/10
5. Astro's Playroom (PS5) [Finished January 5th, 2023] - 4.0/10

2. We <3 Katamari Reroll + Royal Reverie
To be fair, I buy these games for the soundtrack and the wacky times rather than the gameplay, but that might be the case for most. Still the level variety felt way better than the original. Some levels, like the racetrack where you could roll up the spectators and eventually even the competitors and the gingerbread house, were really creative and memorable. I can see myself replaying those levels and going back to it for the extras.
3. Pikmin 2
Bwoahh what an adventure this is. Cool, but also somewhat exhausting. Especially Hole of Heroes and Dream Den are on another level compared to the rest of the game. What I like most about this game is the new creatures it introduced to the franchise. Man at Legs, Water wraith, the President and Segmented Crawbster are some of my favourites in the series.

This was from last week, but...

1. Unpacking (Switch, 7.5/10) - This is a neat little game. The real draw here for me was the story - I really enjoyed reading through the lines and using context clues to get info on the characters' personalities. The gameplay is decent but it got a little repetitive after a while (and honestly I think the controls are probably better suited to a mouse than an analogue stick). As far as length - perfectly suitable. The game didn't overstay its welcome and it was a nice little experience.

Spyro Ripto’s Rage: A solid sequel to the original. Takes the base of the original game and just adds to it, bringing in new features and moves that flesh out the game and make it even more fun. Playing this after the first game just felt like a very natural jump which was pretty cool. The orb challenges were really fun, and I like that you get collectibles by actually beating missions instead of just finding them like in Spyro 1. 7.5/10, solid game that surpasses most of its fellow PS1 collectathons

4. Dredge (Switch)

I don't know why, but I very much like archipelagic games, and this one gives you a small open world archipelago to play around in. I thought this was fantastic, even if the different elements sometimes felt a little discordant. But it's a real testament to how a clear premise, setting and set of mechanics can provide an excellent open world game without bloat, fluff, or an enormous budget.

1. Super Mario RPG (Switch)
2. Metroid Fusion (NSO)
4. Dredge (Switch)
Not sure what I'll play next... The Baldur's Gate 3 update should be available for manual install on Xbox, so I'll probably download that ahead of the weekend and see if people say it's solved the issue. Otherwise I need to take a look at the 2024 To Play list (Four games crossed off, but Chants of Sennaar and new Prince of Persia added).
  • A Highland Song
  • Baldur's Gate 3
  • Baten Kaitos I
  • Baten Kaitos II
  • Dredge
  • EarthBound
  • Final Fantasy II
  • Final Fantasy III
  • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
  • Metroid Fusion
  • Star Ocean The Second Story R
  • Super Mario 64
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Super Mario 3D World (+ Bowser's Fury)
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • + Chants of Sennaar
  • + Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown

4. Dredge (Switch)

I don't know why, but I very much like archipelagic games, and this one gives you a small open world archipelago to play around in. I thought this was fantastic, even if the different elements sometimes felt a little discordant. But it's a real testament to how a clear premise, setting and set of mechanics can provide an excellent open world game without bloat, fluff, or an enormous budget.

Have you played In Other Waters by any chance? I think it is a fantastic 'UI simulator', Citizen Sleeper from the same developer is better in any way in my eyes, but it's still a really enjoyable experience!

Have you played In Other Waters by any chance? I think it is a fantastic 'UI simulator', Citizen Sleeper from the same developer is better in any way in my eyes, but it's still a really enjoyable experience!
It's in my Pile of Shame! (That means it's installed on my Switch, but not sure when I'll ever actually play it)

Hey all, first entry for the new year. Hope everyone is doing well!

1) Chained Echoes (NSW)

I've played a ton of indie RPG's over the years, mainly due to my everlasting love of SNES era greats in the genre. This one probably got closest to my idealized memories of that era. So many parts of the story telling and character interactions felt like they nailed the spirit of those old games. I was utterly charmed by it from start to finish.

ELDEN RING

One of the greatest games of all time.......for about 80% of it.

So I'm not what you'd call a Souls guy, so I never thought I would get into the genre, until last year when Bloodborne got its hooks into me. The world, the atmostphere, the lovecraftian vibe all really interested me so I decided to step out of my comfort zone and power through it. Ended up having a really good time but it look a lot of cheesing to get there

So fast forward now, Elden Ring is on sale, so after hearing the hype for years I decided to jump in. The game is massive, the world is so intricately detailed, and there's an unfathomable amount of things to discover. This is a game that makes you think "How is this real?" This is a world that will be counted amongst gaming's greats for a long time to come. I definitely liked the more unique world of Bloodborne more, but this is still probably one of the most definitive medieval fantasies ever!

It solves a lot of the issues with previous Souls games . You hit a wall you cant progress? No problem, just go do something else! Runes are handed out like candy so you never get stuck for too long because of your level (up to a point), and you have so many options for weapons and builds you can play around and find a style that works for you.

.............And then you hit the Mountaintop of Giants and Crumbling Farum Azula, and all the fun pretty much falls off a cliff. The difficulty gap is utterly insane. No matter how good your build is or how much you grind, every bum enemy does ridiculous damage killing you before you can walk the next 2 steps, bosses can utterly destroy you in a second, and all the progress you made on your unique build goes out the window as you end up having to re-spec or grind up Mimic Tear just to have a shot surviving long enough to have a chance. It no longer feels satisfying to beat a boss because right when you do, you're greeted with yet another huge difficulty jump and get sent right back into the grind zone.

There's so much good, amazing, medium defining stuff in this game, but the last section of the game is crazy unbalanced. By the time I got to the final boss, I just put it down because the fun had just faded somewhere along the way. I really hope Shadow of the Erdtree can do something to fix that, because despite how negative I sounded in that rant, I truly do think this is one of the all time greats.

Elden Ring:
10/10 before Leyndell
6/10 after Leyndell

Main Post

capsule_616x353.jpg

GAME 4: The Exit 8
PC | Completed 15/1/24 | 1 Hour 20 Minutes Played | 5/10

Now, I was initially thinking about not putting this game on the list as, given that every review said it would be done in less than 30 minutes, I thought it might be cheating. My dumb-ass made it took 80. It's a very cryptic, very 'liminal-horror' title where you have a single puzzle to solve, and then a whole bunch of solving said puzzle. As a puzzler, I don't think it really works, and as a horror it only very-slightly unsettled at times. I can get what it was going for, but this just wasn't for me at all.

1- Dragon Quest Treasures (Switch)
2- F-zero (SNES)

3- The Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey and Minnie (SNES)
4- Gunple: Gunman's Proof (SNES)

The Great Circus Mystery is the second game on the Magical Quest trilogy for the SNES, and the only one I didn't play as a child. I only got to play it in my 20s when I got hand of the cartridge in a retro gaming shop. I don't know if it's because I don't have any nostalgia about it, but I think it's a dramatic step down from the other two games, even the one that came before it. The level layouts are incredibly simplistic and the gameplay is clunky, the enemies are awkwardly positioned and there isn't much to do besides moving forward, as there are very few secrets and they're quite obvious compared to the other games. But my biggest problem with it was how all the different outfits are basically shit. The vacummer needs to be extremely close to the enemy to work, the explorer, while good for transversing, has no way to damage enemies, and the cowboy controls horribly and, being the only ranged weapon in the game, the projectile arc is so awkward it feels pure luck when you actually hit something. All the 6 other outfits from the two other games are better than any of these, and I found myself changing to base Mickey a lot, because at least he's able to grab and throw enemies which is a much better offensive skill than any of the outfits can offer. I can appreciate that the game, as far as I know, is probably the first big 2D platformer to feature simultaneous multiplayer on the console. That was really rare at the time and probably very hard to program, so maybe that's why they struggled a bit with the level design and had to streamline it. Maybe they though having two players would make the game too easy, so they decided to nerf the outfits too. Anyway, I'm so glad Magical Quest 3 perfected the concept and is one of the all time great platformers on the SNES while also offering simultaneous multiplayer and a much better partner in the form of GOAT Donald Duck.

I think one way to describe Gunple: Gunman's Proof would be Earthbound meets A Link to the Past but no puzzles and it's on the Wild West. Oh, also, Link has a gun. I wasn't really on board at the beginning because the game felt dull without any puzzles, it's structure and design is borderline plagiarism of ALttP but the dungeons are just a series of chambers with enemies and are devoid of any puzzle solving at all. However, once I progressed a bit and the game started to give me more gameplay options and variety (you learn how to use many different weapons that are dropped by the enemies) it clicked for me and I had a lot of fun. There are still a few problems that make the game feel a bit unfinished, like the treasure you find in dungeons doing absolutely nothing, or it featuring a currency system that is basically useless, there's nothing of value you can buy. Still, I think it's a fun little game that has lots of weirdness and charm. The soundtrack is also great, and just listening to the title theme should probably get you on board:

Just beat Gnosia! I really liked it. Great cast of characters and a really addictive gameplay loop. Sometimes it can be frustrating where it seems like you're going to unlock a new event, but then you get killed or put into cold sleep. But also that kind of rules, because looping is fun! Looping over 111 times is fun. Being Gnosia is fun! Oh and it's really good about its queer characters, which I really appreciated seeing!

I want to say Raqio would respect me and would be my friend but I KNOW that's not true

Maybe it would be fun this year to keep track of everything I beat? So far that's...

1) Signalis
2) Gnosia

Just beat Gnosia! I really liked it. Great cast of characters and a really addictive gameplay loop. Sometimes it can be frustrating where it seems like you're going to unlock a new event, but then you get killed or put into cold sleep. But also that kind of rules, because looping is fun! Looping over 111 times is fun. Being Gnosia is fun! Oh and it's really good about its queer characters, which I really appreciated seeing!

I want to say Raqio would respect me and would be my friend but I KNOW that's not true
Amazing game! Deeply moving! Creepy, funny, weird! I really hope Petit Depotto do more VNs/social deduction games.

Amazing game! Deeply moving! Creepy, funny, weird! I really hope Petit Depotto do more VNs/social deduction games.

Me too! I really wanna see more out of them, they're great at making memorable characters.

#1. Wario Land 3 (GB NSO)

A pretty interesting game, Wario Land 3 is a cross between a platformer and a Metroidvania. Game's structured as a set of levels that you access through an overworld (like a traditional platformer), but each level features multiple exits, which unlock as you progress through the game. Each exit has a treasure chest which contain all sorts of items, from power-ups to Wario's moveset to random objects that unlock new levels or open pathways in levels that you already visited before. This structure creates a pretty fun loop where you're constantly revisiting "old" levels and finding new paths in them to unlock new stuff in the game.

Now, regarding the gameplay itself, WL3 is more of a regular platformer with a focus on puzzles but it has 2 interesting mechanics. First, Wario has no lifebar or anything of the sort, so you can't "die" like you do in any traditional platformer. Instead, the punishment of mistakes is mostly losing time as the game forces you to retry some sections of the level. Second, since enemy attacks don't "hurt" Wario, what they do instead is "transform" him, giving him new properties that both hinder Wario but also allow him to access new parts of a level. For example, there's a zombie-ish enemy that transforms Wario into some sort of slime that falls through the floor. This enemy is usually put as an obstacle in vertical sections of levels, so when you transform into slime you'll fall down and be forced to climb up again. At the same time, however, there are sections of the game where you'll need to intentionally be transformed into slime Wario to fall through the floor and progress through the game. It's a pretty neat mechanic and the game features a fair amount of fun transformations.

Overall, this is a pretty enjoyable game with a very interesting design. However, I have to say that I mostly enjoyed it since I was playing it on NSO and, thus, had access to the "Rewind" feature. Otherwise, I'd have gotten extremely annoyed at how the game punishes you, since it mostly makes you waste time, especially on boss battles.

5. F-Zero (SNES)

Racers, not my thing. High speed action, not my thing. The often talked about speed and difficulty made the series seem impenetrable for myBooster. I've mentioned this process a few times already on this board since I've been chipping away at this for awhile, but I got into a rhythm of practicing in F-Zero 99 then using what I learned there to make progress on the SNES game.

It was interesting to see what mechanical skills transferred over and which did not. Obviously the two games aren't a 1:1 conversion. Clearing Fire Field, even on Beginner difficulty, was a fist bump moment and a confidence booster. I'm not one to chase scores in games. That said, the tangible progress of struggling in beginner to white knucle last minute finishers in Expert difficulty was truly rewarding.

It helps that the game pulls you in with its aesthetic, crunchy sounds and killer OST. This is a true classic and I finally understand why folks hold the series up to such high regard. I need more of this.

4. Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (Switch - NSO)

I'd never actually played the Oracle games. I was kinda vaguely aware of them and their gimmick, but never got around to playing them. With them now on NSO, I figured I may as well make a start, and Ages came first.

I never felt like it rose to the same heights as other Zelda games (including LADX, if you want a more direct comparison) but it's solid. It's just sorta unremarkable. It might benefit from a remake a la Link's Awakening to give it better graphics and QoL, but it's also just not as good a game to begin with.

I dunno, I don't think I have that much to say about it. It's fine for the most part. The Thwomp boss is awful. The villain's possession gimmick and time manipulation is interesting but she's also just kinda generic vain villainess outside of that. The items are fine but navigating with the Mermaid Cape was annoying (to say nothing of effectively losing one of your item slots while underwater with it) and the last couple dungeons just giving basic upgrades to existing items felt like a cop-out. Crescent Island was kinda fun, the Goron back and forth trading wasn't.

I'll play a linked game with Seasons at some point too to get the full experience. Maybe I'll like Seasons more.

Finished a replay of Pokemon Snap today, it's a perfect "got a couples of hour to kill" experience. Hard to justify at full retail price in the 90's, a great part of the NSO+EP.

100% chained Echoes What a great game, one down many more turn base Rpgs to go. Onto The iron Oath lets play stream and im hooked this sandbox mercenary rpgs is so addicting, its like open world xcom. Next on my target Wartales.

I'm still recovering from an illness, but today I feel good enough to get back into gaming, and so...

100% chained Echoes
I'm glad to be joining the group of people who've finished Chained Echoes. I've gushed about this game in the RPGs ST so many times, so keeping it brief, it's probably one of the most enjoyable JRPGs I've ever played. It's freakin' ambitious, and the Overdrive system is an extremely solid mechanic that I hope gets iterated on.

Back
Top Bottom