• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

Discussion Switch 2's DLSS implementation code has been stolen/leaked from NVidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not really condoning this hack, but when are they expected to dump the rest? Is it a Friday Midnight UTC kind of thing?
Honestly? Hopefully never. It's fun to speculate from the leaked info but hackings are never fun for the people getting hacked. I doubt there's much more on the Switch <insert name here> that can be found in leaks anyway.

Around a PS4 in handheld mode, and around a PS4 Pro when docked. And that's before DLSS.

That's for GPU performance. Unless Nintendo goes incredibly cheap with the CPU configuration, it will run circles around the PS4/Pro, and will fall somewhere in between the PS4 and PS5 in CPU performance.
Woow if this ends up being true, I cant wait to play elden ring in portable...

I’m not really condoning this hack, but when are they expected to dump the rest? Is it a Friday Midnight UTC kind of thing?
They gave a deadline of this past Friday. It came and went with nothing.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't release anything else.

AR sounds completely unappealing to me for video games, outside of like small arcade-y spinoff games. Putting aside the fact that I mostly play at night/in the dark and therefore it wouldn't work for me at all, a large appeal of video games to me is exploring new interesting worlds. I'm not interested in overlaying stuff on top of my living room or yard, sounds completely lame and immersion breaking. "See that anthill in the distance? You can go there"

It’s a bit below PS4 Pro docked on paper performance.

I would I say that this device is to the PS4 Pro what the XB1 is to the PS4, which is about 30% difference. Again, on paper values. That’s assuming it actually is clocked to 1GHz docked (which it may well not be, could be lower).

After you factor architectural improvements, it should close the gap to an unknown amount.

Also, here’s a possibility that hasn’t been considered by folks debating on features of the successor: what if it just doesn’t have a new gimmick? lol

There’s a lot of focus on it having a gimmick, so much so, that watch it slip past without a new gimmick attached to it. Gimmick that alters play-style that is. Now, I’m not saying it’s a big chance, but I’m saying there is a chance there isn’t a new gimmick lol.

Is this true ? That would be insane.
Nothing surprising, this is something Nintendo has done before. New 3DS had 3x of CPU and 2x of RAM of the regular 3DS. But they weren't used at all. We hope that things will be different with Switch.

Very exciting to hear about how strong the hardware could be.

Developers like Next Level, Monolith and of course the internal epd groups will make beautiful games on this.

Whats 12 SM Portable?
SMs are streaming multiprocessors which is essentially what Nvidia calls groups of GPU cores. Switch had 2.

This apparently has 12. It's not clear whether or not they'll all be active in portable mode but they sure will in docked mode.

SMs are streaming multiprocessors which is essentially what Nvidia calls groups of GPU cores. Switch had 2.

This apparently has 12. It's not clear whether or not they'll all be active in portable mode but they sure will in docked mode.
Thank you sir

Can’t wait to see the next Mario Kart
I'm honestly at a lost at how much better MK could look. dynamic lighting on the character models is the most obvious area of improvement, but the environment bakes are amazing and are probably required for high frame rate and resolution

Yea, as much as i love my switch and i'm okay to stay in this era for a while longer. I can't help but be excited for the true next gen moment for Nintendo. We are still in the same era of power since 2012 with the Wii U since Switch isn't all that much powerful. So there was no big leap. Next console will blow everything out of the water.

Even if I ultimately don’t believe this thing to be coming towards end of this year or early next year. A part of me does want it to be real and release around the time of Xenoblade 3, because boy I know that might potentially look about the same or worst than 2 did in handheld mode.

Last edited:
Yea, as much as i love my switch and i'm okay to stay in this era for a while longer. I can't help but be excited for the true next gen moment for Nintendo. We are still in the same era of power since 2012 with the Wii U since Switch isn't all that much powerful. So there was no big leap. Next console will blow everything out of the water.
Switch was a pretty big leap over Wii U, comparably a bigger jump than PS4 to Pro. I get what you're saying though in that they were ballpark in the same class of hardware. And the previous jump before that was just as long too (2001's Gamecube).

Fun fact: while it has a 2, there wasn't much more to this than different borders and a link cable port. It still couldn't do GBC games.
Another fact: they fixed the clockspeed because the original SGB was running ~2.4% faster than the Game Boy. They had to fix it otherwise the SGB wouldn't have been able to communicate with other GB devices via link cable.

The big leap in switch 1 was in power efficiency. It manages to be substantially more powerful, while being a portable restricted by batteries.

Now it still has the same battery restrictions, but it’s running 5-7 years newer tech from the same company.

Switch was a pretty big leap over Wii U, comparably a bigger jump than PS4 to Pro. I get what you're saying though in that they were ballpark in the same class of hardware. And the previous jump before that was just as long too (2001's Gamecube).
it was modest. GPU and CPU maybe 3x. Bigger than PS4, but less than xbone to xbone x (in GPU)

Ram bandwidth is only disappointingly 2x more, while Wii u has cache. Likely lack of bandwidth is what prevented a lot of games from reaching 1080p in docked.

Last edited:
The big leap in switch 1 was in power efficiency. It manages to be substantially more powerful, while being a portable restricted by batteries.

Now it still has the same battery restrictions, but it’s running 5-7 years newer tech from the same company.
Yea i mean obviously i'm not saying the Switch as a machine sucks since it made as a handheld more powerful than the previous home console, BUT i'm just saying the power trajectory Nintendo has been going on right now is a bit stagnating and i can't wait to see them having a big leap again. Switch has the power to make beautiful open world games but i just can't wait till we can have games like Botw just run smoother.

Mochi did say those games from 11 studios are coming this year but avoided mentioning "Pro". I'm guessing they're still Pro exclusive ports. If I had to guess what they are:

Red Dead Redemption 2
Resident Evil 2&3 (with RE4 on the way)
Tales of Arise
Dying Light 2
Space Marine II
Desperados 3
Destroy All Humans 2

Hmmm I can't think anything else. Ubisoft might bring a PS4 era game but I don't count on it. EA most likely will be absent and I doubt square even bother having exclusives for this Pro version. They wouldn't abandon regular Switch that fast.
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Mass Effect
Psychonauts 2
Dark Souls 2, 3; Sekiro
Hitman series?
Far Cry (though ubi Could've ported the originals already...)

I think a lot of streamed games are likely to make it over

KH collection
FF15
FF7
AssCreed Valhalla
Control
Dying Light 2
Etc
Some of them like KH are probably more a storage size issue. We have no idea how much storage this will come with.

Wait, has there been some kind of spec leak or something? Are people just assuming this ps4 power level?

We aren't assuming, back when we were speculating 8sm was where speculation topped out. No one saw this coming.

Yes, Nvidia was hacked and ransomers leaked the data they stole, that data contained some of the specifications for the ampere gpu that would be using NVN2, which was also a thing that was leaked (NVN is switches graphics API).

DLSS implementation could do wonders for a hybrid console. Battery life I suspect sadly will be a drop to more Switch OG levels though. Should help even performance issues too.

This Switch 2/Pro/Super can't come soon enough.

Nintendo needs a more powerful console to be inserted in the third-party list of supported consoles without needing a special team to do magic work every single time.

it's getting frustrating to see so many cool games not even being considered for Switch and this trend will only increase over time.

This Switch 2/Pro/Super can't come soon enough.

Nintendo needs a more powerful console to be inserted in the third-party list of supported consoles without needing a special team to do magic work every single time.

it's getting frustrating to see so many cool games not even being considered for Switch and this trend will only increase over time.
Its also a disgrace to top franchises and their devs. Imagine what the devs dreamed to do but they cant because of the weak hardware.

Is there a possibility this device will simply never come to fruitation? It wouldn't be the first time some information gets loose on the streets from a leaked datamine but the data was conceptual and never intented to reach the market.

Is there a possibility this device will simply never come to fruitation? It wouldn't be the first time some information gets loose on the streets from a leaked datamine but the data was conceptual and never intented to reach the market.
It seems unlikely, this API has possibly been in the works since 2019 (someone shared that, but I'm not sure how accurate it is) and it has been updated as of February this year too (aka when the data was stolen). So it still appears to be in active development.

Its also a disgrace to top franchises and their devs. Imagine what the devs dreamed to do but they cant because of the weak hardware.
Lol, there's no need to be so dramatic. Devs have already dreamed up stuff that won't even be feasible for decades. Most successful devs are able to make compelling projects within their limitations and then keep other ideas in their back pocket for when it's more practical.

Some of them like KH are probably more a storage size issue. We have no idea how much storage this will come with.
just have KH1 and 2 on the cart and the rest as download
DLSS implementation could do wonders for a hybrid console. Battery life I suspect sadly will be a drop to more Switch OG levels though. Should help even performance issues too.
DLSS would help battery life in the right conditions. but any increase in performance will counteract that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom