• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Switch 2 devkits information from Im A Hero Too - backward compatibility, camera sensor, new cartridge format, Atlus/Sega and Square support

Funny how I specifically said the Square Enix claims are dubious and didn't say anything about their hardware claims -- which doesn't mean I'm endorsing them, as I'm opting not to comment on those claims.

I didn't say you're lying or anything, I just said I don't think you've been reliable with hardware information for us to consider your word like gospel on that subject specifically, and I stand by that.

I see now you were commenting on the software part, what I read that prompted my post was that you said the leak was "mostly wrong". The message got mixed up along the way.

Camera = QR support
QR support = Mii sharing via QR codes
Mii sharing via QR codes = A boom in Miimania
A boom in Miimania = More games supporting Miis

If the new Switch doesn't have a camera and thus the hopes of a Mii renaissance are dashed then I shall cast a pox on this rumour murmurer's family line forevermore.

I didn't say you're lying or anything, I just said I don't think you've been reliable with hardware information for us to consider your word like gospel on that subject specifically, and I stand by that.

I see now you were commenting on the software part, what I read that prompted my post was that you said the leak was "mostly wrong". The message got mixed up along the way.
Hardware info is fluid and left to the testimony of the source. Even with what I know was shown and discussed at Gamescom, I must take with some caution. At this stage, nothing being reported about hardware should be taken as gospel. Anything shared is only representing the moment.

Hardware info is fluid and left to the testimony of the source. Even with what I know was shown and discussed at Gamescom, I must take with some caution. At this stage, nothing being reported about hardware should be taken as gospel. Anything shared is only representing the moment.

I agree.

Funny how I specifically said the Square Enix claims are dubious and didn't say anything about their hardware claims -- which doesn't mean I'm endorsing them, as I'm opting not to comment on those claims.
I only caught a little of the Era thread on this and am just seeing this thread now, but I’m dying at this post. Multiple posters were complaining that those refuting this set of rumors weren’t being clear about what they thought was wrong yet here you are very clearly saying it’s the Square Enix stuff….so the fuck were they complaining about?

I only caught a little of the Era thread on this and am just seeing this thread now, but I’m dying at this post. Multiple posters were complaining that those refuting this set of rumors weren’t being clear about what they thought was wrong yet here you are very clearly saying it’s the Square Enix stuff….so the fuck were they complaining about?

No clue.

So the square enix part of the leak has some mistakes but still unknown on the legit parts?

Necrolipe made an article, saying that the Final Fantasy VII Remake is bogus. He double-checked with his sources and other insiders before drawing that conclusion. The devkit part of Square Enix is correct; they have devkits. To be honest, this was already known via the VGC article and others.

For English readers:

I really find the FF7R visual impressions to be fishy, not so much about looking similar to the PS5 version but the "it took no time at all" claim.

Like, really? lol

I can't imagine a Switch 2 would be closer to the PS5 than PS4 power-wise, unless I'm misinterpreting what they mean by the supposed FF7R port looking closer to the PS5 version?

Whatever the raw specs of the new Switch people are underestimating what more modern technology can do for image quality of games...

Whatever the raw specs of the new Switch people are underestimating what more modern technology can do for image quality of games...
It’s better to be realistic and lower expectations. Modern technology does help but we will see.

Necrolipe made an article, saying that the Final Fantasy VII Remake is bogus. He double-checked with his sources and other insiders before drawing that conclusion.
that's unfortunate lol, i would've hoped if it actually happened

though i do think they may have a third party game that can be used to showcase the strength of the hardware

that's unfortunate lol, i would've hoped if it actually happened

though i do think they may have a third party game that can be used to showcase the strength of the hardware

On the positive side; the game should be possible on the hardware with what we know, spec-wise. But if it appears at one point it isn't because of this leak.

Just to defend a little bit this "leaker" claims; I don't think neither Necro or Nate has enough knowledge to affirm or deny that Square-Enix has plans to bring FFVIIR1 to Switch NG considering this is a game that will launch in at very very least 12 months (or probably more...).

Last edited:

Again, I was talking about the "it took no time at all" claim.

It reeks of 2017/2018 Switch port "easy as pressing a button" some wanted to claim back then lol. I don't doubt it can look like it visually, FF7R Intergrade is just the PS4 game with some better lighting and textures etc but is still a PS4 game to me.

On the positive side; the game should be possible on the hardware with what we know, spec-wise. But if it appears at one point it isn't because of this leak.
true, i'm interesting to see how square's support would be like on Switch 2 if the specs are actually as good as we hear so far

So Square Enix doesnt have a FF7R port in development for switch 2? why would they, its not on Xbox either. Sony probably paid good.
They only paid for a year exclusivity. And I guess the ps5 dlc had its own exclusivity. But we since passed both of those

FF7R is like Schrödingers cat.

Technically, there's no reason to not port it to other platforms (including a theoretical port to ReDraketed).
But, given it didn't happen yet, there's technically also no reason to assume SQEX is going to port it to somewhere else.

The FF7r question is: can Rebirth fit on Switch 2. I can't see them putting the first step in a trilogy on a machine where they can never realise it.
well thats why square did a cloud version with the kingdom hearts games although I dont know if they would do the same with ff7 but time will tell

I think it's safe to say that we can remove The(Real)ImAHeroToo from our list of reliable people. A shame really, as they used to be spot-on with the Persona stuff.

so another leak/rumor thread would have been better to skip!
damn, I hope Nintendo doesnt wait for next year "E3" period to admit Switch2 existence lol

Last edited:
We shouldn't have a "reliability list" of leakers in the first place. I think we're taking these things too seriously; whether you believe these leaks or not we should always take these with a grain of salt since leaks are usually passed along from other sources and info can get tangled and misinterpreted from those exchanges.

Honestly we should just have fun with these leaks and if they're right that's great and if they're wrong then they're wrong. Nothing worth crucifying others over, especially when it comes to community members.

We shouldn't have a "reliability list" of leakers in the first place. I think we're taking these things too seriously; whether you believe these leaks or not we should always take these with a grain of salt since leaks are usually passed along from other sources and info can get tangled and misinterpreted from those exchanges.

Honestly we should just have fun with these leaks and if they're right that's great and if they're wrong then they're wrong. Nothing worth crucifying others over, especially when it comes to community members.

While I agree with the "not taking things too seriously"-part, I do think that there has to some kind of check in place. Some people say the most ridiculous things and have a large following, while others have said things that could endanger their sources. There has to be some kind of responsibility, calling things out.

P.S. I didn't mean a list like literally. lol

While I agree with the "not taking things too seriously"-part, I do think that there has to some kind of check in place. Some people say the most ridiculous things and have a large following, while others have said things that could endanger their sources. There has to be some kind of responsibility, calling things out.
The best thing we can do as a community is just ignore those who are consistently wrong or only "leakers" for internet clout. Making a list will just prevent people from wanting to share fun info they heard from the grapevine out of fear of being blacklisted from the community if they're even slightly wrong.

The best thing we can do as a community is just ignore those who are consistently wrong or only "leakers" for internet clout. Making a list will just prevent people from wanting to share fun info they heard from the grapevine out of fear of being blacklisted from the community if they're even slightly wrong.

Can't say I disagree. With "a list" I just mean established, reliable people who have been there for quite some time. And yeah, sometimes mistakes are made. Even Nate made some miscalculations in the past. I don't think it's fair to be angry or upset at The(Real)ImAHeroToo regardless. They could have been given bad information. It's up to that person to be more cautious in the future if one makes another appearance.

FF7R is like Schrödingers cat.

Technically, there's no reason to not port it to other platforms (including a theoretical port to ReDraketed).
But, given it didn't happen yet, there's technically also no reason to assume SQEX is going to port it to somewhere else.
With Sony exclusives no longer seeming to be enough to gain them enough sales they would be crazy to keep doing it. The fact is that JRPG games is naturally most popular in Japan and Playstation is no longer the most popular console in Japan, so why keep making their biggest games Playstation exclusives?

so another leak/rumor thread would have been better to skip!
damn, I hope Nintendo doesnt wait for next year "E3" period to admit Switch2 existence lol
they will do this, Nintendo still see demand on Switch, Switch has in it death tone, but Tears of the Kingdom revived the console

With Sony exclusives no longer seeming to be enough to gain them enough sales they would be crazy to keep doing it. The fact is that JRPG games is naturally most popular in Japan and Playstation is no longer the most popular console in Japan, so why keep making their biggest games Playstation exclusives?

Japanese RPGs have been more popular in the West for a long time now, honestly.

Japanese RPGs have been more popular in the West for a long time now, honestly.
the problem going forward is more spending the money on a JRPG. something on the level of Final Fantasy is probably gonna have a harder time if they don't grow the audience in the west to overcome the loss in Japan. the alternative is to spend less, but then you'd appear less desirable, making being playstation exclusive less lucrative

Back
Top Bottom