• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Reviews Super Mario Bros. Wonder: Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLC is now counted as a full game? Also Xenoblade 3 was not as good as Xenoblade 2 in its character designs.

Glad Mario reviewed well. Nintendo needed a good game this year.
Apparently yes, TotK is counted by many as a full game now. It's strange but that's how it is.

C+.

You know, you can't shake up the rankings this easily.
rmHjFlj.png

DLC is now counted as a full game? Also Xenoblade 3 was not as good as Xenoblade 2 in its character designs.

It’s about 30 hours even though it didn’t get a physical like Torna is the same length/quality so I’m gonna consider it a full game.

Last edited:
Do stupid things, win stupid internet fame!

I was giving him a benefits of doubt when I said “different people have different taste, so what his source said ‘lackluster’ doesn’t mean it actually is and could mean it just didn’t fit their taste of games” (a lot of people considered 3D Mario and 3D Zelda is more ‘blockbuster’ than 2D Mario and 2D Zelda as an example).

But after Wonder, Mario RPG was revealed and see the reception only but bro still thinking his report (source) is correct then I don’t know anymore…

See you in the post-release thread.

Imagine you used a voucher for this and have the fucking game icon sitting in your Switch main menu, mockingly, for you to see since friday last week.
I did and I do. I don’t need to imagine Hell. We’re already there!

So turns out this is 3D rendered. Looks like they got a killer AA then because it's extemely clean looking :O .
Apparently yes, TotK is counted by many as a full game now. It's strange but that's how it is.
Can't wait for the real Sequel to Breath of the Wild to release next year!11

Looks like I'm 0 for 2 when it comes to predicting scores for SMW and Spider-Man 2 and thank God for that because they look really good!

There's one late Mario Wonder level that took me four hours to beat. It was so difficult that I literally turned the console off at one point... then came right back the next day and persisted until it was done. Magic

will we see scrub quotes for a mario game?

So turns out this is 3D rendered. Looks like they got a killer AA then because it's extemely clean looking :O .

Can't wait for the real Sequel to Breath of the Wild to release next year!11
I remember before release how some said TOTK was being worked on by the B team while Aonuma was working on the REAL next Zelda

Was genuinely expecting the 89 curse to hit this game. I’m pleasantly surprised.

Also I’m not on fami enough to understand all of these “C team” jokes.
Pretty sure it is just poking fun at some goober named Dring who said Nintendo had no big games in the second half and then doubled down after Wonder premiered during the June Direct.

Was genuinely expecting the 89 curse to hit this game. I’m pleasantly surprised.

I guess not either lol. For some reason I thought it was only the "no more big hitters after Zelda" but there's more than that.

Guess the 2D Mario break was worth it. Nice!

Nintendo: "You saw what our C-Teams are able to. Pray we don't wake our A-Teams from their stasis sleep."

Pretty sure it is just poking fun at some goober named Dring who said Nintendo had no big games in the second half and then doubled down after Wonder premiered during the June Direct.
Yup he said he heard Wonder was being made by the C-Team at Nintendo, or something like that.

I guess I'm going to buy the game, even if it just got a measly 93 score (that's as low as games like Skyward cringe or Super Smash ultimate Cringe or UnderCringe and God of Cringe Ragnarok) but I guess I can't ask more than that from a C team of developers.

Ok this is the last one I promise.[/SPOILER]

Dring meant “C team” as in the Roman numeral C since he thought the metacritic score was going to be approaching 100. Makes sense now.

Before Zelda released, Chris Dring of GamesIndustry.biz claimed that Tears of the Kingdom was the last major Nintendo release on the Switch. After people pointed out Prime 4 was still a thing, he clarified that he meant in terms of sales potential.

Then when Wonder got announced, he doubled down on that claim by saying his sources had led him to believe that Mario Wonder was being made by "the C-team" and mostly newer/inexperienced developers, and so wouldn't be a major game (despite 2D Mario games consistently being 10 million sellers). It's since been confirmed that Wonder is very much an "A-team" project featuring veterans that have been working on the series for decades.

So people now saying Wonder is made by the C-team are poking fun at just how Dring tried to downplay Wonder rather than just admit he was wrong.

some people have said to me, "raccoon, your hatred of chris dring is really embarrassing. it makes you look like a fanboy." to which I usually reply, "I don't hate him for shitting on nintendo. I hate him for making money off it! where's my cut?"

Nintendo’s C-Team is like when Frieza tells Goku he is only using x% of his true power.

Wild that what we're all expecting to be the Switch's last year might actually be stronger than it's first year.

Prime Remastered, Zelda, and now Mario. When was the last time a publisher had 3 games in one year hitting 93+ on metacritic? Personally, I'm ready to call this better than 2017.
If we're counting Metroid Prime Remastered then 2017 had Mario Kart 8 Deluxe too.

Each year has a Zelda, Mario, and definitive re-release above 90.

Waaaaay better than expected because I assumed there was going to be a bias against 2D games but glad I was wrong!

Getting this immediately.

Skimming some of those impressions, it looks like a damn fine Mario game.

Congrats, Mario fans!

I know that some people may find the c team memeing a bit excessive but the truth is that you haven’t see anything yet, just wait for when Nintendo announces how much the game as sold in the holiday, or heaven forbid if Nintendo gives a pr announcement saying that the game as sold over 10 million copies in a week

I guess not either lol. For some reason I thought it was only the "no more big hitters after Zelda" but there's more than that.

Guess the 2D Mario break was worth it. Nice!
It's about this gem of a tweet:

You can literally Google "worst video game character design" and Rex shows up twice in the first 2 rows of Google images lmao

If you think Pyra and Mythra are bad designs, I can add you to my ignore list. Take care and stay safe.

Back on topic, glad to hear the music is well received. I was excited for it.

It's gotten to the point where you just expect top tier quality from Nintendo when it comes to their big releases, this is no different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom