• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Summer Gaming Fest 2023 |ST| June 8th, 2023 15:00 ET / 12:00 PT / 21:00 CEST

Really tired of FF being PS exclusive 😔

otherwise this was a good showing, better than the PS show 🙂

SGF wound up divulging into the usual stuff but you know what, it was an improvement. The curation of content is getting better for sure. If this keeps up, especially with a live audience, I can see it getting bigger and bigger reveals in the next few years.

Good first half, second half was pretty mehhh, but a great finale with Rebirth, in my opinion. Solid show overall.

Mediocre show with a good start and a great ending.
Ff7 rebirth looks pretty great, much better than ff16.
The 2 disks still sounds stupid just like the first one but I guess that's how they'll go. I wonder how far the game will go though.

2 reveals and 1 release date for Switch. Much better than 0 reveals and 0 release dates for Switch, which was the last years show.

Only square can be this weird with marketing 😂 imagine showing your high profile remake of the most beloved entry of the franchise you launch a new game in a few days. looks good nonetheless.

More like Summer Snooze Fest, right?

It was alright? Prince of Persia looks cool, so do Yakuza and Sonic! Don't care all that much about FF7 as I've still yet to play the first one and never cared much about that one in the first place :')
Lots of filler in the middle though.

More like Summer Snooze Fest, right?

It was alright? Prince of Persia looks cool, so do Yakuza and Sonic! Don't care all that much about FF7 as I've still yet to play the first one and never cared much about that one in the first place :')
Lots of filler in the middle though.
I'm one of the rare folks who has the OG FF7 near the middle of my rankings but Remake second (behind 12). It's got perhaps the series's best battle system.

Disappointed in not seeing Shadow of the Erdtree. Maybe it's not coming out this year?

I'm actually surprised we saw nothing from FromSoftware. A lot of media people were sure that either Elden Ring dlc or Armored Core would show up and honestly I definitely expected the latter.

I'm really gonna be looking out for Persona in the Xbox show this Sunday. I was hoping it would show up today with confirmation for all platforms, but it looks like we'll probably be repeating last year's Atlus shenanigans.

Only square can be this weird with marketing 😂 imagine showing your high profile remake of the most beloved entry of the franchise you launch a new game in a few days. looks good nonetheless.
I'll defend SE slightly, this is arguably the biggest gaming show of the year for general audiences, FF7R2 being here was a great idea. The mistake (imo) was not bundling it with a reminder that FF16 is soon. SE should have announced a demo of 7R2 available with pre order's of 16, that would juice the pre orders.

I'm so happy I can't even describe. Rebirth looks so freaking awesome!

I'm one of the rare folks who has the OG FF7 near the middle of my rankings but Remake second (behind 12). It's got perhaps the series's best battle system.
I've tried playing the original like 3 times but I never got far, cause most of the characters just annoyed me to hell and back... but Remake just looks SO COOL that I had to buy it.. just didn't have time for it between all the other stuff to play.

Day of the Devs has started out pretty interesting with a turn based volleyball creature-collecting open world RPG from the Chicory devs, and another look at Hyper Light Breaker

I also have 7 in the middle of my FF rankings and liked the remake a lot better for it's combat and story expansion. Not that og 7 isn't a 10, but I think most FF games are 10's.

That was underwhelming. Prince of persia and sand land looked interesting. Microsoft has a real chance to finally have the best show of a year.

That was much better than I expected, first half anyway.
Alan Wake 2
Like a Dragon: Gaiden
Sand Land
Lies of P

All looked great to me.

It's called "Like a Dragon" you philistine!
Dang straight, I'm beginning to call all series by their Japanese names out of respect for the developers!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must return to exploring the depths of Zeruda: Tiāzu obu za Kingudamu

Is there a bullet point summary list of the games shown? Want to skip through the trailers at my leisure now that this is finished

I read there was an Annapurna trailer to announce a showcase. Was it dated? Google didn't help me on this front.

I want Outer Wilds on the Switch.

Which game is like that? Both PoP and Sonic are coming to PS4 AND Switch.
Oh. Maybe it was an incorrect tweet from someone because it showed sonic as PS5/Series X only. Too be honest I was checking feverishly between meetings too so could have misread

Looks like I can just piece through the trailers and such since I was busy for the show. Might check out the GVG stream though now that I’m done with work.

Back
Top Bottom