• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Summer Gaming Fest 2023 |ST| June 8th, 2023 15:00 ET / 12:00 PT / 21:00 CEST

Josh5890

Yoshi
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him

Since there wasn't a thread, I figured we should have one for anyone watching. Any last minute thoughts and predictions?

Also, obligatory:​

Dorito_Pope_Banner.jpg

Oh wow, new ST thread!

The stream starts in a hour, right?

Also, i don't really have any expectations or predictions for this one. I've never tuned into SGF before but i might do it this year. I just hope there'll be lots of cool announcements for us gamers to swoon over

Expectations for this are under the roof.

Probably gonna watch it while I do stuff :)

It approaches

image0.jpg

Tho I don’t bother watching cause switch stuff gets its own threads quick and the pacing sucks. And then there’s the will they won’t they stuff that won’t get confirmed till Nintendos video later this month anyways

Here is everything we know will be there (unless I missed something):

Mortal Kombat 1
Alan Wake 2
The Witcher (tv show)
Baldurs Gate 3
Fortnite new season
Throne and Liberty
Immortals Aveum
Call of Duty

Crash was also heavily hinted at. FF7 Rebirth is certainly possible given the timing of those tweets though nothing set in stone. Lies of P also seems likely given the release date leak.

Seems like he kept things closer to the chest compared to last year where there we fewer surprises (plus their TLOU finale leaked).

Switch games I expected to be shown here:

Mortal Kombat 1

That's it. Hype!

Nice to see a thread, last year it was fun having a watch-a-long shenanigans thread, despite the outcome of the show.

Rock bottom expectations as always.

I just need the date for Naruto x Boruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Connections and something Final Fantasy from this and it'll be good. Everything else i'm hyped for is more likely at the Xbox event than it is here.

Won’t be watching live, but three things I’d love to see that I consider somewhat likely are:

• Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
  • Elden Ring DLC
  • Death Stranding II

Hoping for at least one of these and I’ll be good, not really expecting much else

Lowkey a little hyped for this. Keighley has been on his game the last couple events he's run.

Not expecting much, but sometimes there is a fun surprise here or there.

Going to put other people watching this on in the background lol. Hopefully we get some fun stuff.

Alright bets on what's going to be the "Space Horror Shooter" of this show?

I'm going with Soulslikes

The only games I have earmarked for the rest of the year are World of Horror and Alan Wake II, hopefully I can tack a few more on after this stream...

Rock bottom expectations as always.

...though this is important to keep in mind for sure lol.

I wonder if we might see a new Sam & Max remaster trailer here? That's still slated for this year, as far as I know.
I wonder what's taking them so long. First two were basically shadow drops but third one missed the target release period. And then there's Monkey Island waiting to be redone...

I wonder what's taking them so long. First two were basically shadow drops but third one missed the target release period. And then there's Monkey Island waiting to be redone...
The Devil's Playhouse has a LOT of environmental changes between episodes, much more than the first two seasons. I remember it looking significantly better back in the day, too.

Geoff is going to kick down Nomura's door tonight if FF7 isn't there and they decided to tweet about the game in such a specifically timed way.

Prince of Persia is alive??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!

And it is coming to Switch!

i'm glad they brought out ed boon to explain the character select menu and to point out the on-screen meters for five minutes!!

Back
Top Bottom