• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion [Stephen Totilo] Samus Aran never made it into Fortnite because Nintendo only wanted the skin available for Nintendo Switch users

I think it's worth noting that Awakening was the first new Fire Emblem game released worldwide after Brawl. While Melee was the best selling Gamecube game, it was the Gamecube, it only sold to enthusiasts. The Wii however actually sold well, so it definitely introduced a ton of people to the series to try it out, myself included.
Brawl released in January of 2008, Shadow Dragon (FE 1 remake) released internationally in December 2008 and February 2009. Sales were bad enough that they didn't release New Mystery of the Emblem internationally.

It's insane this thread has 200+ replies. The generation who plays fortnite are too busy Ohio rizzing and Skibiti mewing to have the attention span needed to transfer a character being in Fortnite into actually caring about the property they're from. Like nothing was lost here, all that happened was maintaining Samus's dignity.
It's possible to not like Fortnite and not be entirely dismissive of the children who play it.

I mean, I'm with you to an extent, but these kids are pretty damn smart.

It's possible to not like Fortnite and not be entirely dismissive of the children who play it.

I was mostly just trying to joke. But realistically Fortnite is like a candy aisle, the kids playing it aren't reading the ingredients of the candies they pick, they're just overjoyed to have more candy to eat. Through this same analogy you gotta ask yourself if Metroid is a strong enough IP to stand out in the aisle especially when stacked against everything else that's there, and imo no it isn't, especially not from the perspective of kid.

At work today I had a student ask me if I knew how to hit the griddy

I sadly replied that I did not

Wasn't this shown before at the trial? There was a piece of concept art in which Samus had her cannon on the left hand IIRC, showing that to a Nintendo rep would have been a bad look for Epic.

I don't why some people are confused by the console exclusivity. It would be like Disney allowing their characters on other parks. Also speaking of Disney, did you remember that Mario was supposed to appear on the Wreck-It Ralph sequel, but not even Bowser ended up showing? It's heavily speculated that the reason for this bait and switch was because Nintendo made a movie deal with one of Disney's rival while the movie was in production, so Mario had to go because he had become an enemy of the rat. My point is: this kind of stuff still happens a lot despite the pop culture orgy thing becoming unavoidable in the last years.

images

was wearing this shirt today and an old japanese lady was like "metoroido?"

sadly i couldn’t point her to fortnite to learn about samus aran

Back
Top Bottom