• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

PlayStation State of Play, September 13th, 3 PM PT / 11 PM BST, about 20 minutes long, 10 games will be shown

I was gonna buy them on iPad but there’s no controller support
Fucking Square Enix....

"Lets not release FFPixel on consoles but ALSO not include controller support on phones. Also, while we are at it, lets make a bunch of remasters of older games for Switch but NOT the Pixel Remasters. Oh, and don't forget to put that Crisis Core Remake on everything... what? Oh, FF7 Remake as a franchise is exclusive to Sony? Who cares, put Crisis Core on Everything. Hey, I have a great idea, lets make a sequel to Octopath Traveller for Switch, Playstation, and PC. What? No we aren't putting it on Xbox, why would we do that? Oh? The original Octopath was on Xbox and NOT on Playstation? Still... I said the sequel is on Switch/Playstation and PC....

... WHAT DO YOU MEAN I DONT MAKE SENSE?!?"

end scene

I'm guessing since Octopath Traveler 2 is already confirmed for PS4/5, they also announce Octopath 1 for PS4/5 today.

Fucking Square Enix....

"Lets not release FFPixel on consoles but ALSO not include controller support on phones. Also, while we are at it, lets make a bunch of remasters of older games for Switch but NOT the Pixel Remasters. Oh, and don't forget to put that Crisis Core Remake on everything... what? Oh, FF7 Remake as a franchise is exclusive to Sony? Who cares, put Crisis Core on Everything. Hey, I have a great idea, lets make a sequel to Octopath Traveller for Switch, Playstation, and PC. What? No we aren't putting it on Xbox, why would we do that? Oh? The original Octopath was on Xbox and NOT on Playstation? Still... I said the sequel is on Switch/Playstation and PC....

... WHAT DO YOU MEAN I DONT MAKE SENSE?!?"

end scene

That made me laugh out loud.

If you list it off like that, SE seems to be making odd decisions huh. It didn't occur to me, because I have a Switch and a PS5, so between those two, I can play pretty much anything SE on one platform or the other. But yeah this seems very....weird and convoluted.

That made me laugh out loud.

If you list it off like that, SE seems to be making odd decisions huh. It didn't occur to me, because I have a Switch and a PS5, so between those two, I can play pretty much anything SE on one platform or the other. But yeah this seems very....weird and convoluted.
They saw what Atlus was doing and said "hold my beer"

Switch will get something out of this, isn't it. I can feel it.

PS got soemthing from Direct so it's only natural.

I want everyone to know that that is 100% accurate to what it’s like to drive up here in the PNW.

Consider myself underwhelmed so far. I know covid and all, but what the hell happened to the AAA gaming landscape?

Was Project Eve delayed by a year again? Its like PS5 games never come out...

As someone who speaks Korean...decently I'd say... I can only imagine the single most important directive the voice actors for Stellar Blade got from their director:

"Ok, sound as japanese, specifically anime, as possible, thanks!"

Because that was 100% Korean but at the same time sounded nothing like Korean in pitch and intonation. xD

Is it just me or is the obvious disparity between the acting quality between Kratos and his son just..... bad?

I been saying people are complaining about Nintendo, but at the same time, Nintendo is still doing best out of the big three these days (GOW looks amazing tho).

Rise of the Ronin looks good. Tsushima meets Assassin's Creed. This was a surprisingly good SoP. Tekken 8, Rise of the Ronin, maybe the weird driving actioner and that Samurai Yakuza game.

All that made GoW bring the final game easier to take. Ew, now that annoying mouthy kid from the first game is an annoying mouthy teen. Yuck to this thing.

I hope the next one of these gives more info on all of Insomniac's projects. They're my favorite dev right now, just ahead of Supergiant.

Rise of the Ronin looks good. Tsushima meets Assassin's Creed. This was a surprisingly good SoP. Tekken 8, Rise of the Ronin, maybe the weird driving actioner and that Samurai Yakuza game.

All that made GoW bring the final game easier to take. Ew, now that annoying mouthy kid from the first game is an annoying mouthy teen. Yuck to this thing.

I hope the next one of these gives more info on all of Insomniac's projects. They're my favorite dev right now, just ahead of Supergiant.
I think people are falsely assuming Insomniacs next slate of games (Spider Man and Wolverine) are much closer than they actually are. 2024 at the earliest I bet.

Pretty decent showing.

Tekken 8 looks good. Yakuza Ishin like a Dragon is my favourite reveal.

God of War Ragnarok looks pretty damn amazing.

That was... actually good?
  • More new IP's
  • More slashers
  • More gameplay in the videos
  • More first party stuff (my time is limited on PS5 so I focus on exclusives)

Also I kinda find it funny that both Nintendo and Sony are working with KoTec. Sony gets Team Ninja, Nintendo gets Gust.

Yeah, that was better than the Direct imo. Ragnarok looks insane, and I'm there day one for Ishin and Ronin.

I think people are falsely assuming Insomniacs next slate of games (Spider Man and Wolverine) are much closer than they actually are. 2024 at the earliest I bet.
Sure, but they have also expanded, so I am hoping there is a smaller project alongside those to announce as well. Overall, I am fine with waiting because everything they do is magic to me. I just like the updates.

That was a decent show. Updates and new IPs. There are some games I'll get when I have a PS5 in the distant future.

God of War looks so good cannot wait for that
The rest had some interesting looking games might need to see more of them though

Also I kinda find it funny that both Nintendo and Sony are working with KoTec. Sony gets Team Ninja, Nintendo gets Gust.
And EA’s working with Omega Force.

I think that’s maybe not the best sign for the future of KT tbh. I worry that their traditional games are now so expensive to make that they can’t really sustain themselves with the traditional (rather niche) audience for those games.

I think the switch to the Ultra HD era is going to be hard on a lot of devs and publishers, just as the switch to the HD era was sort of a bloodbath.

More of the stuff here was well in my taste than the direct but LOL at the PlayStation stars portion.

Yeah, for 20 minutes, that was damn good. GoW 2 is a lock for me and I might get Rise of the Ronin as well

But, at the same time, Sony hasn’t shown off all that much for the PS5 yet so it’s also a bit overdue, if you ask me

Looks like it was an actual pretty good showing! Decided not to watch this time since I generally don't care for these. Maybe it's a sign I should do it more often lol. Excited to play Yakuza.

I can't believe they've announced a game for 2024 already, that's just crazy.
For the rest it wasn't actually that bad of a presentation, and they showed tekken 8 which looks awesome.

Most happy about Yakuza. Tekken 8, Syn Duality, and Stellar Blade looked fun.

I guess I should play God of War at some point.

Back
Top Bottom