• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

PlayStation State of Play, September 13th, 3 PM PT / 11 PM BST, about 20 minutes long, 10 games will be shown

I can't see the State of Play being more exciting than the Direct, but great to have a full week of gaming news again!

So did Sony and Nintendo talk and that's why Nintendo opted for the earlier timeslot? XD

Hahaha and some people are still stuck in their console wars. Clearly, both Sony and Microsoft are done regarding Nintendo as a direct competitor cause they appeal to such vastly different crowds. And those who belong to both of those crowds and can afford it usually have both a Switch AND PC or PS or Xbox anyways. XD

This does make a big PS showcase for the year pretty unlikely I'd guess (apart from something for PSVR2) which is a shame, but the last SoP was very good so maybe theyve decided to make them a bigger deal

Kinda fun to have two different platforms on the same day. Each caters to a different subset of gamers. A lot of Ninty fans (like myself) don't care at all for Playstation and stuff and vice versa. Seems like everyone will have something to munch on at least!
I mean, given how bad I found the last few SoPs to have been, I don't see any reason to be excited about this one, Nintendo fan or not, hah. Great for those who are interested, though, but I don't expect much and will catch up on what's been shown afterwards only.

Oh it'll definitely be fun to see more of GoW 2. Fingers crossed that some Silent Hill and good surprises will also be shown off too

I mean, given how bad I found the last few SoPs to have been, I don't see any reason to be excited about this one, Nintendo fan or not, hah. Great for those who are interested, though, but I don't expect much and will catch up on what's been shown afterwards only.
The last SoP was one of Sony's best shows to date. Resident Evil 4, Street Fighter 6, Final Fantasy XVI, The Callisto Protocol, Resident Evil Village DLC + VR, Horizon: Call of the Mountain, PSVR2 reveal, Spider-Man PC, and it was all packed into like 21 minutes. Amazing show, if tomorrow's is anything like that, it will be a fantastic event.

The last SoP was one of Sony's best shows to date. Resident Evil 4, Street Fighter 6, Final Fantasy XVI, The Callisto Protocol, Resident Evil Village DLC + VR, Horizon: Call of the Mountain, PSVR2 reveal, Spider-Man PC, and it was all packed into like 21 minutes. Amazing show, if tomorrow's is anything like that, it will be a fantastic event.
It's fine if you think that list of games proves that it was a good show, but to me it ironically only proves my point of view.

It's fine if you think that list of games proves that it was a good show, but to me it ironically only proves my point of view.
The last State of Play had very positive fan feedback, regardless of how much you may like the games list. Most of those games interest me neither (except Spider Man PC and maybe Final Fantasy a little), but I can‘t deny that they were hype announcements for many people in a very fast paced presentation.

The last State of Play had very positive fan feedback, regardless of how much you may like the games list. Most of those games interest me neither (except Spider Man PC and maybe Final Fantasy a little), but I can‘t deny that they were hype announcements for many people in a very fast paced presentation.
I mean, yeah, that's cool and all, but doesn't change anything in terms of my personal assessment at all, which was all I was talking about from the very start (and never claimed otherwise).
There basically was no argument to be had from the get-go.

Oh it's 20 minutes for 10 games, that tempers my expectations a bit, will probably be mostly filled with stuff we already know about like Star Ocean etc. Does make me curious if they're saving the Showcase for early 2023 entirely.

I mean, yeah, that's cool and all, but doesn't change anything in terms of my personal assessment at all, which was all I was talking about from the very start (and never claimed otherwise).
There basically was no argument to be had from the get-go.

I only was reacting to this
I don't see any reason to be excited about this one, Nintendo fan or not
in your initial post. But I get it now that you meant it from a more personal perspective. :)

Yeah the last SoP was the best one. They’ll probably have GoW: Ragnarok for this one, and maybe more news for Resi 4, SF6 and FF16. Just throw in a couple of indies and adjust some pacing issues, and they’re golden.

Preparing myself mentally for the Bloobering

I wonder what else could show up here...Armored Core? Yakuza? Sega's own Super Game? Dare i hope for Project Re: Fantasy? Or maybe that action-RPG for Cygames whose title i can't remember...

Sony, why do your events always have to be at shit times in Europe? This airs midnight in mainland Europe ... no way i'm going to watch it.

I either sleep-passed-away on the couch or am in bed sleeping by that time. I'm old, Sony, dammit.

I’m hoping they show more of Botw2, reveal 3D/2D Donky Kong, and show some Metroid Prime!
PS bought Nintendo after all, huh. Damn.

Sony, why do your events always have to be at shit times in Europe? This airs midnight in mainland Europe ... no way i'm going to watch it.

I either sleep-passed-away on the couch or am in bed sleeping by that time. I'm old, Sony, dammit.
This if for the (YOUNG) players, gramps/Ancient One.

What is this?

A statement that clearly has some truth to it considering Microsoft and Sony are currently having a bit of a public mud-fight over "paying money so games can't come to gamepass" or the future of Call of Duty.

Meanwhile Microsoft is out there allowing their first party studios to port games to the Switch that they have no obligation to bring to the platform whatsoever. Not something you would do if the company that benefits from it is your direct competitor.

Idk about you but I see logic in that.

They should be nicer to me, it's the ancient one players who can keep up with their prices!
That's the dilemma. The younglings got the time and energy, but no money; the Ancient Ones got'em monies, but no time and energy. Solution: Make the old farts pay for what the young ones want. Which also means: it's more important that the younglings watch this stuff, not you. SOL, I guess. 🤑
🤷‍♂️

That's the dilemma. The younglings got the time and energy, but no money; the Ancient Ones got'em monies, but no time and energy. Solution: Make the old farts pay for what the young ones want. Which also means: it's more important that the younglings watch this stuff, not you. SOL, I guess. 🤑
🤷‍♂️

If you're trying to talk me into getting you a PS5, you're doing one heck of a bad job at it.

You need some tutoring from my kids, they're pretty good at this.

Snitch isn't leaking anything from the show apparently but alluding to it mainly being smaller TGS stuff (set your expectations etc...) so would expect RE8 VR and DLC, Valkyrie Elysium, Crisis Core, maaaaaybe FFXVI at a stretch etc... and maybe a GoW thing since SSM seem to be teasing it?

If you're trying to talk me into getting you a PS5, you're doing one heck of a bad job at it.

You need some tutoring from my kids, they're pretty good at this.
I'd rather you sent me 500€ in that case :sneaky:

Besides, I don't count myself as one of the younglings anymore. Even though my mental state might make folks think otherwise sometimes!

Lets not forget that MS will be at Tokyo game show in two days. All big 3 in 3 days. Damn...

I'd rather you sent me 500€ in that case :sneaky:

Besides, I don't count myself as one of the younglings anymore. Even though my mental state might make folks think otherwise sometimes!

Maybe you can make a deal with my kids to take over their chores in exchange for their pocket money. If you take the chores of all three, you might hit that 500 bucks in a few weeks!

Maybe you can make a deal with my kids to take over their chores in exchange for their pocket money. If you take the chores of all three, you might hit that 500 bucks in a few weeks!
You're too hard on me, Ancient One. :-(

Sorry, but I think I'll have to decline. :')

I want to see some new announcements, not just updates on stuff we already know about!

This is gonna be similar to the Direct minus first party stuff if I had to guess, expecting some of the same games to be shown too. (Octopath, etc)
Expectations are very tempered.

What I want - Silent Hill 2 remake, MGS collection, RE4 gameplay, Nier 3

What I'll get - a 2-3 minute long trailer for the first Octopath Traveler

Expectations were high for the Direct - folks disappointed.
Expectations low for this - it'll be viewed more positively than the Direct :p

If Square is going to release a billion games a year, can I get a new Nier or remake of Crono Trigger? xD

This SoP is my last hope for FF Pixel Remasters. If they're not announced here I'm buying and playing them on my phone. I'm over this song and dance.

Maybe the Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD will be here instead.

I kid, of course. In all seriousness, really looking forward to this showcase too!

Given the snitch’s warning, id be lying if i said i wasnt a tad let down. Sony stays quiet for so long, so when they finally do say something, i guess i had hoped they would have more games to show now that really take advantage of the ps5’s hard ware. But as ive said, i know the pandemic really hurt development for many titles, so if those big, ps5 show case games aren’t ready, then they arent ready :/

Back
Top Bottom