• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

PlayStation State of Play announced for Feb. 23rd at 1PM PT/9PM GMT| PSVR2, Indies/Third Party Reveals, & Suicide Squad Extended Look

RE4 looks to be delivering on basically everything. Just from the trailers they've shown not a lot looks to be cut (if anything?), just reimagined.

SF6 continues to look exceptional.

Suicide Squad looks like almost everything I don’t want from a video game wrapped up in a neat little package.
I really don’t understand how these masters of atmosphere and game design are now doing this. Not gonna judge it only based on the trailers but the footage looks very generic.

The Arkham games were on Nintendo EPD / Retro Level of perfection

I know people want Nintendo to givebthe spotlight to more developers for the directs, but wow this is so boring
No game should have a 15 minute block with developers explaining in pr talks every mechanic of a game.

No, that's not the Atlus way.

You'll first have a vague tease for a mysterious announcement 3 months later that will foreshadow the possibility of an hint of the announcement of a game within the next 6 months. At this point we'll learn that it may be related to persona franchise, but we'll have to wait for 4 months to know that it's persona 6 after having watched a nonsensical 3 hours stream. No platform announced at that time. After months of heated debates about the platforms, it will be announced that it's Playstation exclusive.

You forgot the countdown pages for each of these announcements, and maybe a countdown for the first countdown.

I like RPG, I like Coop, I like loot...but this isnt doing it for me. Maybe do a demo or trial so i better understand what I am getting into.

SF6 charcters looked cool.

Resident Evil 4 looks like it has the potential to be one of the best games of all time.
No MGS is incredibly disappointing.
Suicide Squad looks not very good at all.

Gear score
Battle Pass
New Content After Launch
Only Cosmetic Items

Got the entire modern day gaming checklist in just under 5 minutes

So so showing for me, verging on poor.

That said, RE4 continues to look excellent. SF6 looks better and better, and I am actually really interested in Suicide Squad.

I trust Rocksteady.

Add FF16 and Spider-Man 2 into the mix and I’ve got plenty to look forward to this year on PS. Finisher crossed I can add Silksong to that list too! :)

Suicide Squad looks like almost everything I don’t want from a video game wrapped up in a neat little package.
I love how they gave a PR list of every supposed market tested thing people want in games or the money makers. Not saying the game will be bad (just not for me), but I have no interest in the DC universe.

Yeah, Suicide Squad looks so average at first sight. What a weird left turn for Rocksteady.

burst out in laughter at the part of the interview where they were like "if you like shooters, if you like RPG elements, if you like co-op, if you like DC please buy our game" lmao

capsule_616x353.jpg

I think I've seen this film before...

Marvel%27s%20Avengers%20Key%20Art%201920x1080.jpg

...and I didn't like the ending

Yeah, that was bad. Street Fighter 6 and Resident Evil 4 look great, but we already knew that. I guess Tchia also looks decently fun, but again, we knew that too. The main event looked pretty bad too.

This was much more in line with the traditional State of Play. We've been spoiled by the last two, this is a crash back to earth. Sony needs a full showcase badly.

I don't think Suicide Squad looks as bad as Avengers but I just don't care for that type of game at all.

A lot to chew on here for what was ultimately an underwhelming SoP but the part that fascinates me the most is the really lacklustre VR bit right at the beginning that seemed like Sony were just throwing out there to have something VR to show now that the thing is out. In a way it reminded me of how Nintendo treated the 3DS in Directs once the Switch came out, they knew no one would be excited about the games so just threw them out there at the start every time and moved on with the swiftness. But that was a very ageing system that was on its way out, PSVR2 2 has been out... since yesterday was it? What is the next first party game for it? Where is the next Astro Bot game that people are certain is in development, why wasn't that here? Where are the envelope pushing VR games? Why did they only show so few?

Not promising for the future of PSVR2, I wonder how much focus it'll get in the rumoured showcase later this year.

I think Justice League actually looks fine. Just fine. Something that could be a fun weekend playthrough. But nothing about it makes me want to as they "grind it out" month after month, year after year. It looks like a play once type of deal but it's business model is built around being invested over the long term.

So, RE4 and SF6 are the only interesting looking things and I can buy those on PS4. They're also certain to end up on the next Switch.

I guess I'm not buying a PS5 any time soon.

Just got home from an appointment and am about to dive into this... doesn't sound like I have much to look forward to lol

Rather disappointing event, Suicide Squad looks so meh.

Fair enough, but if I'm buying a new system, there needs to be games to play on it. Paying hundreds of dollars for what is essentially (at this stage) a more powerful PS4 seems wasteful.
Had I know they'd be so easy to find now I would have waited. I just didn't want to risk not being able to play Final Fantasy 16 day 1.

Naruto Storm Connections is an odd choice since all 4 games are on every platform lol, I need to revisit the collection I bought on Switch...

Suicide Squad is a big miss, damn rocksteady. All guns, battle pass, dubstep hype, ugh

Damn between RE4 and MP:R we're getting two cases of "this was already perfect but thanks"

20 years of gaming and look how far we haven't come

Well to be fair we have do have battle passes, so that's different

Naruto Storm Connections is an odd choice since all 4 games are on every platform lol, I need to revisit the collection I bought on Switch...

Suicide Squad is a big miss, damn rocksteady. All guns, battle pass, dubstep hype, ugh
Connections seems to be a separate game, rather than a collection. All of the story crammed into one game and the versus mode have ALL the characters in the series. UNS series is notorious for omitting some characters in the sequels.

And it's coming to Switch!

Damn between RE4 and MP:R we're getting two cases of "this was already perfect but thanks"

20 years of gaming and look how far we haven't come

Well to be fair we have do have battle passes, so that's different
Aw come on, you can't say that about MPR, that's just a shiny rerelease.

Absolutely true about RE4R though.

Connections seems to be a separate game, rather than a collection. All of the story crammed into one game and the versus mode have ALL the characters in the series. UNS series is notorious for omitting some characters in the sequels.

And it's coming to Switch!
Amd also have a new story.

Back
Top Bottom