• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

PlayStation State of Play announced for Feb. 23rd at 1PM PT/9PM GMT| PSVR2, Indies/Third Party Reveals, & Suicide Squad Extended Look

Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake
Final Fantasy 9 Remake

i would die

Final Fantasy 9 was my all-time favorite game until Breath of the Wild. If the remake is announced I'll scream. Even though I'll be at work and probably busy, I'll fucking scream.

Okay wait actually do we think there might be something from Atlus in this, like one of the rumored ports/remasters or even something big? Because that would definitely make me interested
Nah, Atlus would never miss out on the views they'd get for their own announcement of an announcement

I don't really have any expectations for this. Would just like to see something on PS5 to get excited about as I currently have no enthusiasm about their known future line-up but I don't think this is the venue for those type of announcements. I guess a release date for Little Devil Inside would be my hope for this event.

MGS remakes feel like something they'd save for a Showcase but who knows. Some of these SoP's have dropped some bombs.

Anything 1st party related won’t be here. I’m assuming a MGS remake would be done by Bluepoint, so I’m not expecting that.

Remasters would be sick though, really wanna play those games.

Going in with absolutely zero expectations. Hoping to come out with at least one thing I am excited for.

Man, FF9 being PS exclusive would destroy me. One of my favorite RPG's ever and I would not be able to play the remake despite owning a PS5. It needs to come to Switch.
I don't think FF9R would be PS exclusive. I don't see it being as extravagant as FF7R, so a Switch version seems likely. But what do I know? lol

I don't think FF9R would be PS exclusive. I don't see it being as extravagant as FF7R, so a Switch version seems likely. But what do I know? lol
I could see it because of that one Mana remake on Vita. But that was before Sony went scorched earth on AA releases and abandoned smaller Japanese publishers.

I'm expecting to see more Marvel, more Final Fantasy, more tri-Ace, maybe another From Soft game.

It's hard for me to get excited about PS5 games though, since I still can't find one for a reasonable price anywhere.
PlayStation Direct has had them for MSRP for months

Not expecting it, especially since Wo Long LITERALLY comes out next week...but another look at Rise of the Ronin would be awesome. I can never have too much Team Ninja masocore goodness.

Just want Armored Core.
The Dream? Both some more Armored Core 6, as well as the announcement of the next Ace Combat!

"Y'all excited about that new AC shown at the last SoP?"
"Yes!"

It's more to do with Metal Gear being a Sony/MS thing and not having much of an audience on Nintendo.
What are you talking about? It's Nintendo who funded the MGS Twin Snakes remake on GameCube. They'd want MGS on their system just as anyone else. Xbox got MGS much later than Nintendo.

The whole "Switch has a different audience" this is such bullcrap. It's the only handheld in the market. It's got all the audience out there, especially inherited the PSP/Vita's audience who were also homes to MGS franchise.

There's no reason for Sony to have exclusivity over the remasters as Xbox already has them. Sony isn't paying money to hurt just Nintendo.
What if they're NEW remasters and not the old ones that got delisted. Don't get me wrong, I WANT them to come to Switch, but MGS is exactly the type of franchise that Sony would want to make exclusive.

What if they're NEW remasters and not the old ones that got delisted. Don't get me wrong, I WANT them to come to Switch, but MGS is exactly the type of franchise that Sony would want to make exclusive.
I really don't see the older ones getting delisted if they're not replaced by anything else. There are no license issues complicating things, Xbox MGS remasters should stay on Xbox store. Sony didn't make MGS remasters exclusive on PS3, unlikely that they'll do so now.

What are you talking about? It's Nintendo who funded the MGS Twin Snakes remake on GameCube. They'd want MGS on their system just as anyone else. Xbox got MGS much later than Nintendo.

The whole "Switch has a different audience" this is such bullcrap. It's the only handheld in the market. It's got all the audience out there, especially inherited the PSP/Vita's audience who were also homes to MGS franchise.

That was 20 years ago, and I'm not saying Nintendo is "too kiddeh" for MGS or anything like that. Just that its main audience is on Sony platforms, much like FF. It would shock me if MGS came to Switch.

You may want to retract this statement. I've seen at least 2 reliable Nintendo insiders say the MGS collection is coming to Switch.

The one that isn't Switch bound is the MGS3 remake by Virtuos.

However, it's possible that Sony moneyhatted both projects.

I don't like the taste of my own hat so I'll retract it.

I really don't see the older ones getting delisted if they're not replaced by anything else. There are no license issues complicating things, Xbox MGS remasters should stay on Xbox store. Sony didn't make MGS remasters exclusive on PS3, unlikely that they'll do so now.
I think the old ones got delisted because of the "archival footage" license or something like that.
Also, Sony didn't make Final Fantasy exclusive on PS3 either and yet here we are...

Anyways, as I said in the previous post I WANT the games on Switch (all of them not just the first 1 or 2), but I'm trying to not hype myself, because if they announce them as PS exclusive I will be extremely disappointed.

You may want to retract this statement. I've seen at least 2 reliable Nintendo insiders say the MGS collection is coming to Switch.

The one that isn't Switch bound is the MGS3 remake by Virtuos.

However, it's possible that Sony moneyhatted both projects.
Which insiders? Got any links?

Also, Sony didn't make Final Fantasy exclusive on PS3 either and yet here we are...
We're talking about remasters here and yes, FF remasters are still mutliplatform.

As everyone expecting, MGS3 remake should be timed PS exclusive while remasters should be multiplatform. This is in line with what Sony's been doing lately: timed exclusive remakes (FF7, Silent Hill, KOTOR).

We're talking about remasters here and yes, FF remasters are still mutliplatform.

As everyone expecting, MGS3 remake should be timed PS exclusive while remasters should be multiplatform. This is in line with what Sony's been doing lately: timed exclusive remakes (FF7, Silent Hill, KOTOR).
Here's hoping, then.

I think the old ones got delisted because of the "archival footage" license or something like that.

Anyways, as I said in the previous post I WANT the games on Switch (all of them not just the first 1 or 2), but I'm trying to not hype myself, because if they announce them as PS exclusive I will be extremely disappointed.

Which insiders? Got any links?
NateDrake has hinted at the collection's existence on his socials a couple of times. The one that seems to know more about the projects is DrTre81. He has made a few tweets/videos about the game in the past. This was his most recent tweet.

The only person I'm not too sure on is MVG. I don't know how much information him and Nate share between each other.

Here's hoping that a lot of the 3rd party stuff is Switch bound.

I won't be getting a PS5 any time soon. Can't find one for a decent price, and it's too bulky to fit in my room.

Do we reckon Persona 3 Remake/Persona 6 will be announced here?

No, that's not the Atlus way.

You'll first have a vague tease for a mysterious announcement 3 months later that will foreshadow the possibility of an hint of the announcement of a game within the next 6 months. At this point we'll learn that it may be related to persona franchise, but we'll have to wait for 4 months to know that it's persona 6 after having watched a nonsensical 3 hours stream. No platform announced at that time. After months of heated debates about the platforms, it will be announced that it's Playstation exclusive.

Last edited:
My hope for Metal Gear is too see Twin Snakes and Rising get some love

Also the collection will probably also have Peace Walker right?

If a collection is announced, I almost expect it to just be 1 2 and 3, excluding 4 and 5 and the portable games and Twin Snakes.

If a collection is announced, I almost expect it to just be 1 2 and 3, excluding 4 and 5 and the portable games and Twin Snakes.
I expect at least 1,2, and 3 and PW

MGS4 can sell milions alone at 60, and probably Twin Snakes can do very well on his own eventually

In the office today so I will be going dark right before it starts. Hopefully the surprises blow my socks off.

Can't wait to watch when I get home.

Last edited:
Deciding to watch this live. Hoping for Metal Gear-related stuff indeed.

I'm going to watch this because of MGS. My favorite series next to Zelda and I hope at least one of the games in the collection comes to Switch.

I'm only here cause I saw apparently they're announcing metal gear ports or something so if they don't show up I'll be very disappointed haha.

A game inspired by New Caledonia? Looks great. Spent some time there as a kid, so will check that out on Plus.

Oooh, Humanity! Been missing that.

SoP showcases does have some cool games and surprise indies at times.

A Foundation first person shooter holy fucking shit talk about missing the fucking point, fuck

I think that IP is just doomed to never getting the adaptation it deserves

Tchia and Humanity look cool.

BG3 on PS5 is great!

And now we finish up with Suicide Squad and pack our bag and call it a nothingburger.

Back
Top Bottom