• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Starfield |Pre-Release Discussion Thread| Skyrim in Space (Up: game has gone gold)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game's premium edition costs roughly about 6 months of Gamepass ultimate without any shenanigans. Though I guess my next question to possibly potentially put me over would be whether or not you can buy the premium edition for early access after the game has been released in early access but prior to the official launch date?
You can, yeah.

And I am way too hyped. Got it preloaded already, resisting the urge to get the early access because I'll also have Baldur's Gate 3 on PS5 that weekend.

You can, yeah.

And I am way too hyped. Got it preloaded already, resisting the urge to get the early access because I'll also have Baldur's Gate 3 on PS5 that weekend.
Thanks, good to know. My schedule permitting it's good to know I can jump into the game earlier if I want to. Pretty tempted at the Premium Edition regardless since I tend to prefer owning games that I want to play over Gamepass access. Already have the game installing right now according to the app. My hype has been slowly building on this game. Currently at a simmer.

Its an interesting conundrum. I currently plan to do the gamepass upgrade but I also know a year from now I will own it on steam. If its like Fallout 4, its better to have all DLC when it comes to mods, otherwise the large mods like bug fixes won't work. So, from my perspective your going to eventually have to buy the DLC if you ever plan to play with mods.

So do I spend $35 for gamepass now and bank on getting Starfield+DLC for under $65 later on Steam. Or do I just buy it on Steam now for $100 and not have to worry about it. I would also benefit from any cool early mods. Small quick early mods like BG3 font enlarger mod was godsend for me. 90% of the mods I install are usually QOL changes that devs overlook.

I think I just need to know how it runs on my PC. If I can get a stable 1440 @ 60FPS, I might just do steam. No DLSS and no free DLSS mod (I ain't paying for it outside of maybe a small donation) doesn't put the odds in my favor but I am still hopeful. But then again...I am not that enthusiastic about dropping $100 suddenly....bah...Reviews and PC performance is going to be the tiebreaker I think.

The game's premium edition costs roughly about 6 months of Gamepass ultimate without any shenanigans. Though I guess my next question to possibly potentially put me over would be whether or not you can buy the premium edition for early access after the game has been released in early access but prior to the official launch date?
No clue. I would imagine you have to buy the deluxe edition before the early access period. Personally, I'm going to wait the extra couple days to save some money.

I'm extremely excited for this game. I bought into the early access period and I'm hoping to out a lot of hours into it over the holiday weekend.

I've been deliberatley not paying attention so I can be disciplined and use September to play and finish up some stuff on Switch. Definitely resubbing to Game Pass at the end of the month to have a few weeks with Starfield before the Sonic/Super Mario double-whammy.

Ugh. Words can’t express how ready and psyched I am.

I’m feeling like jumping on the Gamepass upgrade.
The only reason I'm not doing the Gamepass upgrade is because I got the deluxe edition of Baldur's Gate 3 for PS5 that will let me play this weekend, so I'm gonna focus on that instead.

But it's very tempting still.

I’m not doing the early access because I’m somehow STILL not done with FFXVI. As much as I love that game, I gotta finish it soon!

No early access for me. I want to finish up the Mario event this weekend, and I might not have enough gaming time anyway to warrant paying $30 for an extra week anyway.

I may actually finally get some new storage just to install this on my PC. I've been overdue so this can be the perfect excuse!

I feel like a mark, because I am doing the early access. Mostly due to the timing - I blame them for having the early access just in time for the holiday weekend (actually that was probably planned), and since I have a four day weekend starting Friday I couldn’t resist. I could always grab Sea of Stars instead, and I really want to play that too, but Starfield is a much rarer event so I wanted to jump on it.

No way I'll be dome with BG3 when this arrives, but it'll be nice to be able to jump into something else as soon as I'm done!

By the time I'm done with Starfield I'm sure it will be time for Spider-man 2 and Mario Wonder lol

I am immensely excited for this game but man so much toxicity in the discourse. Even drama about the title screen.

I need to stay away from certain sites because the negativity really gets to me. Not just this game but gaming as a whole.

Ew, early access for a first party title? Cmon MS.

I guess it makes sense with the upgrade but, yuck.

It seems like the extra year delay was done just for polishing purposes so that the game will be as bug free as it can possibly be.

Means that there’s no use suggesting Space Jank Galaxy for ST subtitle.

Greg Miller's joke vendetta against PC players these past few months continues to go on strong.

Jokes aside I do hope this ends up working well for PC players. I got the preload up on by Series X today so I'll be looking forward to hopefully playing Thursday night.

I am immensely excited for this game but man so much toxicity in the discourse. Even drama about the title screen.

I need to stay away from certain sites because the negativity really gets to me. Not just this game but gaming as a whole.

You need to get over that barrier so you move from your own enjoyment getting affected to channeling it and shitposting.

Gonna be playing this through Gamepass, so no early access... and just realised that BG3 releases on PS5 on the 6th as well.

Guess I'll be splitting my time! To be honest, both seem like games I'd want to take my time with.

Greg Miller's joke vendetta against PC players these past few months continues to go on strong.

Jokes aside I do hope this ends up working well for PC players. I got the preload up on by Series X today so I'll be looking forward to hopefully playing Thursday night.

This is amazing, lol. As a part-time PC gamer, I am always scratching my head with the news coverage when performance is very mixed on PC. It always feels very "water is wet" to me.

Searched and found indication that this does run on Deck. But given the existing frame rate/resolution limits on Series S, I'm not expecting it to run well.

I think I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna cave and get the premium upgrade.

I watched For All Mankind (the 1989 documentary) last night and it put me in the right mood. Plus, I have a root canal later today, so I'm justifying it as a little treat to help me feel better for my recovery lol.

The hype around starfield online is interesting because of how different it is from my brother and cousin who have no faith in Bethesda these days.
too be fair i can't really tell from the people actully hyped for the game and the weird xbox fanboys fight consol war bullshit

hah, we’ll it’s your thread pal! but that would be good with me if you launched it tonight 😊
Alright, done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom