• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great games have released on Switch this year. Balatro, Prince of Persia, Unicorn Overload etc. But no one here cares about these games. The official threads for these titles can't be found anywhere on the first page.

I guess it's not a surprise since this is a Nintendo enthusiast forum.
Freedom Planet 2 just arrived BTW.

Nothing to announce in April or May means better odds for nothing to be announced anyways Switch 2 blowout in the season formerly known as E3 👀

after Nintendo delaying the February direct at the last minute, I think leakers, insiders, and journalists in general are afraid to leak something in advance

Nate said he has nothing to say.
I mean, that doesn't exactly surprise me

I can't remember the last time he was right about something related to Nintendo
I'm pretty sure Grubb was the first person to mention the possibility of the partner direct being delayed until after Microsoft did their podcast thing which turned out to be correct even though many thought the idea ridiculous. Beyond that he hasn't really predicted much Nintendo stuff beyond the Metroid marketing stuff which was pretty vague.

Great games have released on Switch this year. Balatro, Prince of Persia, Unicorn Overload etc. But no one here cares about these games. The official threads for these titles can't be found anywhere on the first page.

I guess it's not a surprise since this is a Nintendo enthusiast forum.
uhhhhh

I have seen absolutely nothing but praise and gushing regarding all three of those games on Famiboards. Hell I wouldn't have even heard of Balatro if it weren't for people singing its praises here. I've seen people talking about Unicorn Overload as recently as yesterday, and when Prince of Persia came out it was a big damn deal around here.

How do you figure "no one here cares about these games?" I don't understand.

unless this is one of those moments where sarcasm is totally flying past me online 😅

EXMYwA_WkAECSVr.jpg

uhhhhh

I have seen absolutely nothing but praise and gushing regarding all three of those games on Famiboards. Hell I wouldn't have even heard of Balatro if it weren't for people singing its praises here. I've seen people talking about Unicorn Overload as recently as yesterday, and when Prince of Persia came out it was a big damn deal around here.

How do you figure "no one here cares about these games?" I don't understand.

unless this is one of those moments where sarcasm is totally flying past me online 😅
My wording was shitty, I apologise. I just have the perception that interest for them is minimal. The Balatro thread for instance has 53 posts which seems low for the biggest indie hit of the year.

I mean, that doesn't exactly surprise me

Can't say I blame him; he is genuinely enjoyable to chat with for his insight and thoughts that extrapolate gaming sphere news, but people can be all too insufferable when news isn't provided regularly whether from leakers or official sources.

glad I decided to step back from the site a little bit, the general vibe from this thread specifically went from "awesome a potential direct in April" to "I swear to god if there's no direct this month"

My wording was shitty, I apologise. I just have the perception that interest for them is minimal. The Balatro thread for instance has 53 posts which seems low for the biggest indie hit of the year.
Okay gotcha, but if you're going by the Balatro thread you're kinda missing a bigger picture, because people are talking about that game in several other threads pretty regularly which I think is a good sign of the enthusiasm and appreciation! Rest assured there's love for a lot of smaller, non-Ninty releases all around here.

Another Partner Showcase would be such a power move.
Dude I would laugh

glad I decided to step back from the site a little bit, the general vibe from this thread specifically went from "awesome a potential direct in April" to "I swear to god if there's no direct this month"
If there's no direct this month I'll be laughing and grabbing popcorn.

Of course they’re getting Paper Mario and Endless Ocean trailers out of the way.

It’d be kinda weird for those to show up during the Metroid Direct later this month.

For big games still coming out this year, I honestly think there’s a good chance that my GOTY will be a DLC/expansion with either Shadow of the Erdtree or SMTV:V

I do feel like an Endless Ocean trailer had to be kind of expected, right? I feel like the general expectation is the Direct is either the third or fourth week of this month and I doubt they could've gone radio silent on the game until then (by then we'd be expecting the Overview Trailer over what we got today I feel). Similarly, they could easily have this trailer today and something in a Direct (that's more of a segment than a trailer) with voice-over and everything.

I feel like this ultimately doesn't hurt or add to the chances of a Direct, something new would've had to release soon and, in a lot of ways, I feel like this was a "vibes" of the game trailer opposed to the traditional trailer we would've expected, I don't think what we think will be in the Direct for Endless Ocean would've been this trailer! :)

The Endless Ocean "Trailer" is 3.5 minutes of game footage with ingame sound effects. Something like that wouldn't fit well in a Direct. Do some of you even watch these before freaking out about it on a forum?
OK look, 'round these parts we don't play games before complaining about them, and we certainly don't watch trailers before freaking out

The Endless Ocean "Trailer" is 3.5 minutes of game footage with ingame sound effects. Something like that wouldn't fit well in a Direct. Do some of you even watch these before freaking out about it on a forum?
Yeah it's more like one of those Xenoblade ASMR videos that they'd do.

Which I think is neat

Seems like the madness has doubled already…

Anyway, my body is Reggie-, I mean, ready, for whatever presentations we get this month.

If we get an April Direct, I think the reason for that Direct would be to announce new games. So, I wouldn't be too worried by an overview trailer with no narration for a game coming out in a month that they first revealed in a recent Partner Direct. The remaining two games they have scheduled are both remakes, so the only major trailers I see left for those would be overview trailers and "what's new" trailers (if there's anything majorly new about either). The latter type could be in a Direct, I think, but if they're not, I wouldn't take too much meaning from it because, again, I think the main reason Nintendo would put together a Direct around now is to announce new games.

At some point between now and July, Nintendo will need to date more games for 2024. That could be via random social media posts or it could be via a Direct. At some point, though, news will come. Or we'll get more Partner Directs and Nintendo has given up on supporting Switch.

That Endless Ocean trailer is great and absolutely does not belong in a Direct lol. Still feeling good about a Direct in the next two weeks with growing preference for not next week, but the one after. So 3rd week or FFXVI Leviathan DLC week if you prefer.

if they hadn't dropped the Dark Moon subtitle from the remaster, I'd be tinfoil hat-posting about why they should put up a new Luigi's Mansion 2 trailer on eclipse day.

Since they did drop it though, now it'd be too esoteric

Switch 2 delay kinda killed this year for me tbh. Waiting for the reveal, everything else is a bonus at this point
Honestly, no matter the hardware it is the games that excite me personally. The idea of maybe seeing images of Silksong, or a new Metroid Prime, a new Donkey Kong, fire emblem 4 etc interests me much more than just hearing that the switch 2 exists, which we all already know anyway. That would bé thé 'bonus for me

Honestly, no matter the hardware it is the games that excite me personally. The idea of maybe seeing images of Silksong, or a new Metroid Prime, a new Donkey Kong, fire emblem 4 etc interests me much more than just hearing that the switch 2 exists, which we all already know anyway. That would bé thé 'bonus for me
There’s games people want to see and they know they won’t see them because they’re being held for the Switch 2.

There’s games people want to see and they know they won’t see them because they’re being held for the Switch 2.
I don’t think we can say we know anything about that. The breath of the wild sequel was also supposed to wait for switch 2. We actually don’t know.

More like "There's games people don't want to see because they hope they're being held back for the fabled Swiitch"
We are all excited about what the next system can offer. And if we are aware of this, then Nintendo is at least as aware as we are.

Nevertheless, except to think that the users of the switch 1 will be abandoned overnight, games will anyway continue to be released on this console. We talk a lot about it at the moment, there will necessarily be exclusives, they will be selling points, and yes we all think of 3D Mario or Mario kart, for example.

However technically nothing opposes in my opinion that games like 2D Donkey Kong which had no new entry on switch yet, any game potentially developed by ND Cube, or a 2D Zelda, for example can run on the current Switch regardless of the release date of the next hardware.

I like how people are so desperate to make a definitive call on this month that a trailer for game that was announced in a Partner Showcase is proof there's no general this month. Just chill out, speculate, and let the month unfold.

Endless Ocean Luminous does seem like it'd really shine on OLED with some chunky headphones on. More interested in Paper Mario and World of Goo 2 next month but I might pick up EOL later in the summer if things stay quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom