• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
getting excited about games launching 5 years from now is lame

Eh, most of what is shown at the Sony and MS shows this year will be out within 2 years. Last year's PlayStation showcase showed stuff that has or will launch within an 18 month period besides Marathon and FairGame$. Even the Xbox showcase tightened things up a little more this time. It helps that most of those games were announced years ago, but we are at the stage now where they can show off games that are coming soonish. There is only going to be a very small handful of games that will be shown off this summer and not release by 2026.

My wild prediction time:

Super Mario Party was released in october 2018, but got it's big update for online play around April 2021 = approx 2.5 years.
Mario Party Superstars was released in october 2021, and it's about the same age as when Super Mario Party got it's big update for online play. Approx 2.5 years.

I like to think and wish that in the upcoming Nintendo Direct, they release another big update (but) for Mario Party Superstars, since I believe it's the only Mario game that hasn't got any big updates. And I really like to have new (but old) boards to play on, like Western Land and Waluigi's Island.
As someone who still plays Mario Party Superstars probably once every couple of months with friends and family, I would LOVE this

A little bit funny that I'm hoping for a Nintendo Direct soon just for another trailer for a Sega game. Knowing Nintendo's later half of the year would be nice, but man, I'm so excited for Monkey Ball

No Direct until June. I'm willing to bet five rupees on that.

putrupee_blue-e3f14926.png

Idk It's been 5 years for Grezzo. Starting to think Nintendo let them take the reins on creating an original 2D Zelda. (copium)
I really hope that we will ser a similar situation to what happened for Mario Wonder, with novelties, creativity. Grezzo would be a logical choice of continuity, with one or two EPD 3 big supervisors, I wouldn’t be surprised if Nintendo started to think about it a long time ago, liké what happened for Mario wonder.

Honestly I'm starting to agree, but not in a despairing sense. If we can get a Switch 2 reveal/mention of a kind instead of having a direct, I'd be alright, I'm just kinda annoyed by the dryness of the year. Not just from Nintendo, but from the year as a whole. I think it's just going to be a very tiring year for news until this summer, and that's kinda depressing. It's probably best to just play through your backlog until we get to the actually enjoyable aspects of the year.

putrupee_blue-e3f14926.png
If there is a July game, a June Direct is too late to announce it.
And I do think there's one, otherwise Nintendo would have spread their H1 releases better.

I'd be genuinely surprised if we got a proper Direct before June, given they've already started promoing Luigi's Mansion 2 HD as well.

If we're getting anything physical in July we're getting a shadowdrop at some point this month, but nothing Direct-shaped imo.

It's time to wait until sometime in early to mid June. I'm willing to go to Pondo's Lodge and grind enough rupees to bet a horribly large amount on that!

This is probably the least involved I've been in Nintendo discussion/hype for a while. Probably because I no longer have a Switch lol

It's tough to tell when the next direct is going to be especially with the partner we got in the normal February spot. I feel if Switch 2 is to release this fiscal year Nintendo will have to at least mention it before the fiscal forecast in May to give investors something. With announcement of Switch 2 that gives 3rd parties the freedom to talk about projects for them and even could set up a section of a June direct to give out first details. My fear is that Switch 2 is coming later spring or summer next year, in that case we will not hear that till probably late this year or even early next year.

I think we will be able to make much better guesses on how the year will go once we get through the full year fiscal forecast. If Nintendo has big software or hardware numbers we know they will have to back them up.

You a regular gamer:

severe dryness... parched and irritated. no release in sight

meanwhile us in the Endless Ocean fanbase:

giphy.gif

Ima need an April Direct just so Best Buy brings back its B2G1 deal for Switch games and I can cop TTYD, LM2, and Endless Ocean for the price of 2 games

giphy.gif

Like this forum was able to will a brand new 2D Mario game in to existence last year after the analysts had poo-pooed the prospect of Nintendo having anything else noteworthy after Zelda for 2023

we manifested remakes for both TTYD and SMRPG

We can do ANYTHING. We are legit POWERFUL

it was just very of that moment in time, yeah.

And of course once people responded to it positively they ran it completely in to the ground as you do in marketing

But the Butler actor later appearing in a Wii promtional ad was a pretty funny twist ngl

let all put our will together and manisfest a new 2D/3D Donkey Kong game, a new 2D Legend of Zelda game and Metroid Prime 4 for this year, hold all your hand and will this games.

If Nintendo really has both metroid prime 4 and silksong in their next e3 they just need one more huge announcement to surpass the e3 of dreams of Sony 2015.
Which one would it be?
Nintendo will anounce Switch sucessor with a teaser of the next 3D Mario on it

It's been a rough drought, but I'm not abandoning hope just yet. If we get to the third week of April with zero smoke, then it's time to hit the panic button! Ideally we wouldn't ever have to go more than half a year without a General Direct, but I'm guessing the behind the scenes stuff with the next console being delayed changed up everything.

Have you guys heard about this hidden gem called Backlog? Best thing about it is that it's free and you don't even have to wait for it!
Oh hell yeah, I've been playing Backlog all year! It's like the best constantly-updating live-service game there is!

Grubb is usually the first one to give us some some pointers about an upcoming Direct, and here he is this month yapping about everyone but Nintendo. The April vibes are getting worse.
tbf he can feel a lot more comfortable talking about Sony and MS than Nintendo.

I guarantee there's at least one great currently-available Switch game you haven't played yet.
Great games have released on Switch this year. Balatro, Prince of Persia, Unicorn Overload etc. But no one here cares about these games. The official threads for these titles can't be found anywhere on the first page.

I guess it's not a surprise since this is a Nintendo enthusiast forum.

Grubb is usually the first one to give us some some pointers about an upcoming Direct, and here he is this month yapping about everyone but Nintendo. The April vibes are getting worse.
he also seems to have backed off on wanting to be the first one to stoke the fires about a direct; last time he didn't really chime in other than to say "hey, I know it sounds wild, but the people who said there was gonna be a direct and that the Xbox thing delayed it at the last minute are telling the truth"

I can't remember the last time he was right about something related to Nintendo

In terms of working out the signals / vibes given the recent Silksong ratings listings and info that's popped up recently - has there been a pattern of any sorts regarding more well known multiplatform indie titles getting showcased on a Nintendo presentation before ID@XBOX, or the reverse situation occurring? And is there a possibility that Silksong has enough notoriety now that it may be too big of an announcement in an Indie World - thus signalling a Direct instead?

Personally I'd prefer news/Direct etc. in the first half of this month, but as always, the Process™️ will work itself out~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom