• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BOTW does reference MC and the Oracle games on its map, but that's about it for references in mainline games.

I would also love for Shikata to come back, but I think he is working on something quite unexpected for the launch of the next console.

That said in general it would be nice to see a renewal of Zelda similar to what happened with Wonder. But I also think, unfortunately, that a remake of the oracles is more likely than a new game in 2025

I think it’s basically the American audience, and quite specifically an audience that was a child or a teenager and grew up watching Reggie in videos.
Idk It's been 5 years for Grezzo. Starting to think Nintendo let them take the reins on creating an original 2D Zelda. (copium)

Capcom might prevent the Oracle remakes from happening. I think they have some rights, although they are not credited (though they found a deal with Square for the Mario RPG remake, so this might not be a problem at all...).

Nothing from OoA, OoS, FS, or MC was even directly acknowledged in other games. Even the gust jar in SS has a completely different design. No music in Smash, no weapon in BotW/TotK, and no character in Hyrule Warrior. Reportedly, the producer of the Symphony of the Goodness concert said that they "couldn't do the Capcom games".

The only exceptions have been Four Sword Adventure and Four Swords: Anniversary Edition. For the former Nintendo should have paid for the rights and/or the game was part of the Capcom deal in the first place (assuming the theory is correct), while the latter was a limited-time remake for free (in other words, Nintendo gained nothing... and had nothing to share with Capcom).
There's one small thing at least. But it still implies something's up with the Capcom games.
In Cadence of Hyrule, Octavo was later added as a playable character. One of his upgrade items is a locket that's described as "a prized heirloom passed down through Octavo's family for generations" and provides immunity to wind and electric effects. Looks pretty familiar if you've played Minish Cap.
E2Lc6i6XsAUPe55
E2Lc767XMAEBGOP

But as for the rights issues part, Octavo has an unused alternate costume that makes his palette a more overt reference to Minish Cap Vaati, I assume this was removed for weird copyright reasons. The one that goes used in the final replaces the yellow with a bright blue and keeps his eye yellow like his default.
E2LcYGFXMAEpJeh

Capcom might prevent the Oracle remakes from happening. I think they have some rights, although they are not credited (though they found a deal with Square for the Mario RPG remake, so this might not be a problem at all...).

Nothing from OoA, OoS, FS, or MC was even directly acknowledged in other games. Even the gust jar in SS has a completely different design. No music in Smash, no weapon in BotW/TotK, and no character in Hyrule Warrior. Reportedly, the producer of the Symphony of the Goodness concert said that they "couldn't do the Capcom games".

The only exceptions have been Four Sword Adventure and Four Swords: Anniversary Edition. For the former Nintendo should have paid for the rights and/or the game was part of the Capcom deal in the first place (assuming the theory is correct), while the latter was a limited-time remake for free (in other words, Nintendo gained nothing... and had nothing to share with Capcom).

Characters of these games appears on Smash as Spirits

I think at this point, it's very likely that, whatever event Nintendo has this month, it will have Silksong in it.

Question now is, shadow drop, or "just" launch date announcement?

I think at this point, it's very likely that, whatever event Nintendo has this month, it will have Silksong in it.

lowkey hoping team cherry just says fuck it and uploads a release date/launch trailer to their own channel, like how they initially announced the game.

lowkey hoping team cherry just says fuck it and uploads a release date/launch trailer to their own channel, like how they initially announced the game.

You wouldn't prefer a shadow drop happening within the next three weeks? ^^

Also, given they've been in Xbox shows and Nintendo shows, it kinda feels they enjoy the attention (and free marketing) they get from the console makers.

You wouldn't prefer a shadow drop happening within the next three weeks? ^^
honestly, no. i'd like to have a little bit of a heads up, since it's a game that's going to a consume my life for a while so i'd rather have time to prepare and finish whatever game it is i'm currently playing.

honestly, no. i'd like to have a little bit of a heads up, since it's a game that's going to a consume my life for a while so i'd rather have time to prepare and finish whatever game it is i'm currently playing.

Fair reason.

But if i wanted to be cheeky, i would say you have time to prepare if it is a Nintendo Direct shadow drop: Be done with whatever game within the next three weeks! ;D

Or maybe they’ll wait for the xbox event in june to announce the release of silksong.

July - Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War (Intelligent Systems)
August - Kirby Cooks with Friends! (eShop only - HAL)
September - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Adventure (EPD 3 x Grezzo)
October - Mario Sports Megamix (Camelot Software Planning x Bandai-Namco), Metroid Prime 4 (Retro Studios)
November - Animal Crossing: Party Plaza (NDcube)
December -

Or maybe they’ll wait for the xbox event in june to announce the release of silksong.

Maybe!

Though over on the other forum, someone said that Hollow Knight "may be later this month". If it's featured in one of the console maker events, that would only leave a possible Direct, since Sony's showcase is rumored for May, and as you said MS is in June.

September - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Adventure (EPD 3 x Grezzo)

A remake of Zelda 2?

Sorry Spo, i need my fever dream of it being remade by FROM, since it's basically a 2D Soulsborne game, to come true. ;D

If Nintendo really has both metroid prime 4 and silksong in their next e3 they just need one more huge announcement to surpass the e3 of dreams of Sony 2015.
Which one would it be?
since both MP4 and Silksong are already announced, this wouldn’t be in any case an “e3 of dreams” imo. Many of Sonys 2015 titles were brand new.

Maybe!

Though over on the other forum, someone said that Hollow Knight "may be later this month". If it's featured in one of the console maker events, that would only leave a possible Direct, since Sony's showcase is rumored for May, and as you said MS is in June.

A remake of Zelda 2?

Sorry Spo, i need my fever dream of it being remade by FROM, since it's basically a 2D Soulsborne game, to come true. ;D
I hope it comes soon, it‘s one of the few things which could reduce the mental demage we Nintendo fans got due to the delay./s

since both MP4 and Silksong are already announced, this wouldn’t be in any case an “e3 of dreams” imo. Many of Sonys 2015 titles were brand new.
Yeah but when people talk about the e3 of dreams they’re usually talking about the 3 big announcements of games rumored to never come out (ff7remake, the last guardian and shenmue 3) so I think both prime 4 and silksong fit that build. Pretty funny that the e3 of dreams was literally the e3 where they announced Dreams and nobody cared.

I feel like we are very likely two weeks away at most from the Direct, but darn it doesn’t feel like it. Hoping we’ll get some clear signals and smoke soon.

I enjoyed @MisterSpo ‘s calendar post earlier so I want to take a stab at it.

July - Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War
August - Mother 3
September - Donkey Kong
October - Metroid Prime 4 + multiplayer game (I’ll try to will in Fortune Street here)
November - Zelda Wind Waker and Twilight Princess Double Pack

Been enjoying the 2D Zelda talk earlier in the day. A new 2D game and a new multiplayer game would be so cool.

I've reached a spot where I almost feel like I don't expect to see another Direct. Not out of doomerism or anything, just because it's been so long and things're so quiet and weird about what could be coming. I'm sure it's just a calm before the storm but it still feels weird, like there just isn't anything coming.

But it's cool because now literally anything is a surprise! Silver linings!

I've reached a spot where I almost feel like I don't expect to see another Direct. Not out of doomerism or anything, just because it's been so long and things're so quiet and weird about what could be coming. I'm sure it's just a calm before the storm but it still feels weird, like there just isn't anything coming.

But it's cool because now literally anything is a surprise! Silver linings!
This year in general is just so darn weird for games across the board in terms of marketing. There are likely games coming out in the back half of the year, but like no one wants to talk about them for whatever reason. I feel like too, we all got properly hyped for a while for February’s show and the message was ultimately “here’s this for now, we’ll talk more later” which was a bit deflating.

This year in general is just so darn weird for games across the board in terms of marketing. There are likely games coming out in the back half of the year, but like no one wants to talk about them for whatever reason. I feel like too, we all got properly hyped for a while for February’s show and the message was ultimately “here’s this for now, we’ll talk more later” which was a bit deflating.

Yeah now that Dragons Dogma 2 is out I struggle to think of the next “big” game. 2023 was such a massive year (and arguably so was the start of 2024) I’m not bothered by it. No games could drop from now till 2025 and I’d have plenty to play

Yeah but when people talk about the e3 of dreams they’re usually talking about the 3 big announcements of games rumored to never come out (ff7remake, the last guardian and shenmue 3) so I think both prime 4 and silksong fit that build. Pretty funny that the e3 of dreams was literally the e3 where they announced Dreams and nobody cared.
Yeah, but they also had Uncharted 4, Horizon etc. and I doubt Nintendo will have a presentation like that just before the Switch 2 will get announced. Its delay is the problem after all. Also, is Silksong set for the next Nintendo Direct? I remember that last time it was at an Xbox Showcase.

May-June will be hectic as usual

Yeah, but they also had Uncharted 4, Horizon etc. and I doubt Nintendo will have a presentation like that just before the Switch 2 will get announced. Its delay is the problem after all. Also, is Silksong set for the next Nintendo Direct? I remember that last time it was at an Xbox Showcase.
Silksong could be at the Triple-i showcase in a few days if it's being shown this month.
I had the impression that MS picked up marketing rights to Silksong when they got the new trailer and Game Pass reveal. Just vibes thou.

As i posted earlier, someone on the other forum said in the context of a journalist teasing "gameplay for an anticipated 2024 game" (which ended up being Hellblade previews) that the game in question there wasn't Silksong. But that "that maybe later this month".

So if the game is featured in a console maker event, it would only leave Nintendo, as Sony has the rumored showcase in May, MS in June.

Of course, N75 brings up a good point that it could be in this Triple-I showcase, or maybe there's an upcoming ID@Xbox thing that's not been announced yet.

I don't want Grezzo wasting their time on a boring ass 2D Zelda game whether it's a remake or new entry. Let them make Ever Oasis 2 or a new IP

My wild prediction time:

Super Mario Party was released in october 2018, but got it's big update for online play around April 2021 = approx 2.5 years.
Mario Party Superstars was released in october 2021, and it's about the same age as when Super Mario Party got it's big update for online play. Approx 2.5 years.

I like to think and wish that in the upcoming Nintendo Direct, they release another big update (but) for Mario Party Superstars, since I believe it's the only Mario game that hasn't got any big updates. And I really like to have new (but old) boards to play on, like Western Land and Waluigi's Island.

I had the impression that MS picked up marketing rights to Silksong when they got the new trailer and Game Pass reveal. Just vibes thou.
Even games Microsoft publishes themselves are showing up in Nintendo Directs now. Even if MS did scoop up the marketing rights (its been said a few times around Fami that that rumor is false) Silksong could still pop up anywhere.

So I saw part of the discussion today is that, possibly, the Direct is in the next two to three weeks? So do we think that maybe the rumored Indie World that was supposed to take place before it was maybe canceled or maybe combined with the Direct - plans changed? Do we still think it's going to happen?

I did look at when Indie Worlds used to happen last night and up until the Partner Showcase in July of 2020, they sometimes did take place a week to three weeks before a General Direct so I think it could happen - just depends I feel on how close they do want to get to Endless Ocean I feel as, presumably, there will be a segment for it in the Direct? :)

Last edited:
Even games Microsoft publishes themselves are showing up in Nintendo Directs now. Even if MS did scoop up the marketing rights (its been said a few times around Fami that that rumor is false) Silksong could still pop up anywhere.

Can you share the evidence that MS does not have marketing rights to Silksong and that it is just a rumor?

Also MS releasing their first party games on Switch and then marketing those games in Switch presentations is completely different from taking games they have marketing rights to and then putting them in other company's presentations. What is the point of buying the rights if you are just going to give it to another company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom