• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
L F G
GQDqYaWWIAAHvGt

Please understand.

Does a development update with "more to share soon" count? If it does, i'll retract what I said, but a solid game release date and title, i dont think so.
I think even a short trailer with no release date counts as an update, but there has to be some video footage (even if it's mostly cutscenes).

I think even a short trailer with no release date counts as an update, but there has to be some video footage (even if it's mostly cutscenes).

Hmm. Okay. The most I see coming is just someone mentioning an update saying to stay tuned or more to come later, but outside of that, doubt we get more. Hope I'm wrong!

wait why are the three "I"s all capitalized? investigations 3?
While I would love this to be true, I think you could also read the I as just I for AAI1 and Investigate It as II for AAI2 with "will" serving as the connecting word between I and II. I'll take more AA in any form I can get it.

NSO updates should be all but a lock which excites me a lot on its own. Hoping for DK64, Banjo-Tooie, Metroid Zero Mission, maybe even Conker if we’re feeling daring and lucky.

I dont know , something in me says there a very vague possibility nintendo use the old 16 UTC time they used on some of the directs when there was E3 , only a very wild thing i mind , but probably not right

If it’s an ambitious 3D game similar to Raincode (like someone in here suggested) yes, I’d rather wait for new hardware. I love Raincode but its performance isn’t great on Switch.

That said, it’s not always about “pushing the hardware”. AA7 releasing around the launch of the successor to the console that the AA collections performed the best on is just good business by Capcom (even if it’s a game that releases on both Switch and the successor). An Investigations game is more than enough to keep me occupied until that time.
I'm glad someone agrees with the "ambitious" take, I am who suggested that. I think the fact that a smaller company like Too-kyo Games (iirc that's their name) & Spike Chunsoft have been able to make it, Capcom would also want to do something similar, especially with how RE Engine has now AA features thanks to the new Trilogy Remaster. Also, they've been like Nintendo those past years trying to innovate within their own franchises. A 3D investigations game would appeal more to non-VN fans. I'd prefer if they keep it like the rest of the saga, but I can't see them doing that. Since it's Capcom I think optimization shouldn't be an issue, a AA game would never need more hardware than MH Rise, I wouldn't really worry about that.

Admittedly, If the AA news is "just" an AAI collection I would be bummed out. While it would be cool to finally have an official localization for AAI2, I already played the excellent fan translation, so there wouldn't be anything new for me.

Which is why I'll get greedy and hope for both a new title AND an AAI collection.

Last edited:
Admittedly, If the AA news is "just" a AAI collection I would be bummed out. While it would be cool to finally have an official localization for AAI2, I already played the excellent fan translation, so there wouldn't anything new for me.

Which is why I'll get greedy and hope for both a new title AND an AAI collection.
Let's be greedy! We deserve it after almost 10 years without games smh

That would be so cool if the Blue Dragon Remaster was announced at the Direct. As a platform, the switch might be its best chance at success
Blue Dragon got several entries on the DS and never quite broke out. I think it was given legitimate chances at market success, to be honest

This direct will have a full on Zelda segment including the movie, remasters and a new 2D game.

Now, realistically, we would only get one thing, either the remasters (to be released standalone and with a timeframe between them), a spin-off or a new 2D Zelda.

And, thankfully, the movie will be having it's own stream. (And i'm scared for the day it happens)

Blue Dragon got several entries on the DS and never quite broke out. I think it was given legitimate chances at market success, to be honest
The DS games were merely smaller spin-off with different gameplay. The main game did at least 200k on the 360 in Japan. On the 360 ! Best selling xbox game by far. I think it has some potential left.

That Direct should be incoming, Nintendo always tends to love getting the last word in during the SGF period after everyone else has gotten their streams and reveals out of the way...so they can win when they drop theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom