• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd totally play a Blackquill / Fulbright investigations.

The thought of the always brooding Blackquill being paraded around in handcuffs (because let's not forget he's still an inmate at that point) by an always cheering and happy Fulbright would be peak team-up-comedy.

giphy.webp

What are the chances of Fire Emblem, and Metroid Prime 4 showing up?
If they don’t show up I will weep bitterly and descend further into acute depression

EDIT: I don’t actually care about FE and am including it out of solidarity for my FE pals. But Prime 4 better be there god damn it

What do you mean by no cross-gen? Like, it'll be out before the Switch 2 is out? Since the Switch 2 is rumoured to be backwards-compatible, I guess it wouldn't really change much either way.
Cross-gen as in no next gen version. Just one SKU: Switch.

Great Ace Attorney 3 before AA7 wouldn’t surprise me. I feel like that subseries can retain its current look, and 2024/25 could be enough time to devela third and final entry

Investigations 1+2 official localization for the latter and a physical release will be fantastic. I still want AA7, but I can see a world where that game is held for the successor and next gen consoles using RE engine.

I’ve said this for legitimately the last 10 or so Main Directs but THIS will finally be the one with the coveted FE4 remake

Hot damn some of you have dived so far off the next console hype bridge that we're at the point where we've had someone legitimately asking for ace attorney to wait for new hardware. There is literally no version of reality where the next ace attorney game is pushing even the switch hardware in any sense

If it’s an ambitious 3D game similar to Raincode (like someone in here suggested) yes, I’d rather wait for new hardware. I love Raincode but its performance isn’t great on Switch.

That said, it’s not always about “pushing the hardware”. AA7 releasing around the launch of the successor to the console that the AA collections performed the best on is just good business by Capcom (even if it’s a game that releases on both Switch and the successor). An Investigations game is more than enough to keep me occupied until that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom