• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly Investigations excites me more than a potential vague AA7 teaser does.

If AA7 has been cooking for a while and is an ambitious new entry, save it for the new hardware. AA7 in launch year of Switch 2 would be incredible.

(I know I said I was going to non-spoilers but the hype is getting to me!)
Investigations is also probably the only way we're going to be seeing 'Investigation' characters such as Franziska von Karma, Detective Gumshoe, and Kay Faraday since Capcom is always weird about things like this.

I will buying GTA5 on Switch. Solid 720p30fps low graphics more than enough for Switch Lite. Rumor GTA5 Switch in this direct

investigations collection followed by the announcement of a third game would be amazing. specially if it's being directed by takumi.

Honestly Investigations excites me more than a potential vague AA7 teaser does.

If AA7 has been cooking for a while and is an ambitious new entry, save it for the new hardware. AA7 in launch year of Switch 2 would be incredible.

(I know I said I was going to non-spoilers but the hype is getting to me!)

Hot damn some of you have dived so far off the next console hype bridge that we're at the point where we've had someone legitimately asking for ace attorney to wait for new hardware. There is literally no version of reality where the next ace attorney game is pushing even the switch hardware in any sense

Last edited:
Hot damn some of you are so far off the nutty hype bridge that we're at the point where we've had someone legitimately asking for ace attorney to wait for new hardware. There is literally no version of reality where the next ace attorney game is pushing even the switch hardware in any sense
Now Capcom will release a first-person Ace Attorney Investigations open-world game just to spite you.

adventure / visual novel games are the last genre to ditch old hardware, and the fans are probably one the slowest to jump on to next gen. there's literally no way any ace attorney game released in the next 3+ years won't be on switch 1.

adventure / visual novel games are the last genre to ditch old hardware, and the fans are probably one the slowest to jump on to next gen. there's literally no way any ace attorney game released in the next 3+ years won't be on switch 1.

they also tend to be....just not very demanding in general as far as specs go

wait why are the three "I"s all capitalized? investigations 3?
Oooo, I'd be down for that. Especially if it's set during the Apollo trilogy, that'd be a fun way of seeing post timeskip Gumshoe and Kay without trying figure out how to fit them into a new mainline game.

(Bonus points if it finally has some Klavier/Blackquill interactions, I really want to see those two work together.)

Hot damn some of you are so far off the nutty hype bridge that we're at the point where we've had someone legitimately asking for ace attorney to wait for new hardware. There is literally no version of reality where the next ace attorney game is pushing even the switch hardware in any sense

Ace Monster Hunter Attorney. You hunt monsters and then Phoenix Wright has to get you cleared of the poaching charges.

Jokes aside its been a whole generation with no new Ace Attorney( extremely delayed localization of Great Ace Attorney notwithstanding) so it would be nice to see one.

Reminder that Ace Attorney Investigations 2 is the best game in the series and the Edgeworth/Gumshoe/Kay character dynamic is one of the best in all of vidya.

An official localization would be hype, even though the fantranslation is extremely high quality.

well that's not much of a tease, everyone already expects that to be in the direct.

I cracked the code!

So far, all Phoenix Wright collections were trilogies.

But Investigations is only 2 games.

But the Direct will also have DQ HD2D.

And since someone has to take the obligatory "trilogy in Direct" spot, SQEX took up the baton.

This means it's DQ 1-3 HD2D!

Flawless logic.

AA announcement to be another collection would be a huge bummer

How did they still not run out of collections to port yet! It's getting ridiculous
Investigations 2 officially translated would be a megaton announcement. The fan translation is of an extremely high quality, but it’s regularly towards the top of “games needing official translations” lists.

AA announcement to be another collection would be a huge bummer

How did they still not run out of collections to port yet! It's getting ridiculous
this would be the final port/collection they could release. layton x ace attorney is stuck on 3ds but that's a level-5 published game, not capcom.

Oookayy…
• Re: Wendy Oldbag reference - She has a fangirl ish obsession with Miles Edgeworth, so I kinda suspected the Ace Attorney game was gonna be more AAI than AA7.
— That said, I wonder if they’ll rebrand the AAI games? The Edgeworth games are called “Gyakuten Kenji” (Turnabout Prosecutor) in Japan. They can rename it to something more friendly like the Miles Edgeworth Duology, or maybe even Miles Edgeworth Ace Prosecutor 1 & 2

• Re: AAI Vs Apollo Justice Trilogy - I don’t think it’s fair to compare both series because:
1. Different-ish gameplays
2. AJ was Shu Takumi’s last game
3. Phoenix Wright was shoehorned by Capcom higher-ups because of his mascot status, even tho AJ was a soft reboot
4. Both Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice were developed by the team that developed the Edgeworth games
— I think the fair comparisons should be made inside the respective series:
• AAI2 > AAI
• AJAA > SOJ > DD

—————

Forgot to mention: there’s a possibility they tease Ace Attorney 7, and I honestly think it’ll come for the Switch 1, no crossgen.

Makes me wonder WHEN the AAI duology wull be released. This year? We already got Apollo. Maybe next year the same as Apollo?

Forgot to mention: there’s a possibility they tease Ace Attorney 7, and I honestly think it’ll come for the Switch 1, no crossgen.
What do you mean by no cross-gen? Like, it'll be out before the Switch 2 is out? Since the Switch 2 is rumoured to be backwards-compatible, I guess it wouldn't really change much either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom