• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m gonna be honest, I still don’t think it’s next week. The way that Nate has been talking-even just last week- made it seem like it still was a ways off. He also hasn’t seemed to give any hints (which although he is not giving the dates he did say he would still give hints). Pyoro hasn’t tweeted, and Brazil still hasn’t heard anything yet.
so could we have the Nintendo Direct in early july istead(july 3rd?)

Nah. They would have announced them during the Pokemon presensts. Why wouldn't they have?
This is the situation I'm imagining:

• Z-A are set to release sometime during mid-2025 and therefore announcing them on Pokemon Day 2025 would have been cutting it too close
  • Remakes, I would say based on Black and White, and definitely outsourced, perhaps weren't quite ready to be shown back in February and can't be announced with just a CG trailer like a brand new game, and if announced before Z-A would set up expectations of a Legends Unova game

So the solution was to announce Z-A for Pokemon Day, then announce the remakes at the Direct, and then have a Pokemon Presents later in August with more details on the remakes and the first gameplay footage for Z-A

They've had a presentation in August since 2021. I am not sure if they've ever done one in July.
Oh you right. That's what I meant I'm just dumb.
Obviously I don't know either, but I feel like with Metroid being one of the lesser franchises in terms of popularity, the only way it could make for a strong opener or closer would be if it's getting a release soon. That's why I compared it to Pikmin 4, since that was also eagerly anticipated and from a smaller franchise.
I think for me the only reason why i say last is cause...what else would be the last game? What is bigger that will come out on switch after Prime 4 next year? I'm definitely making a big-ish assumption here that it's the swan song for the system.

• Mario Party could happen, which would be a massive game obviously.
  • The FE4 remake could also easily sell 3m+ as long as it looks good, appeals to the mainstream FE audience, and gets decent marketing.
  • Uhhhhh... new Tomodachi Life? idk lol

That's a few more options for "major" games, at least.
I think there’s very little chance a FE4 remake sells that well as a Switch 1 exclusive. It would take a lot to bounce from Engage’s sales to that.

So Nate just deconfirmed Prime 4 for this year on the other forum...

It's so fucking over. I guess that does open up the holiday slot for something cool this year though.
Does that mean it's finally happening, this holiday season then?🐵🐊
350.png

This is the situation I'm imagining:

• Z-A are set to release sometime during mid-2025 and therefore announcing them on Pokemon Day 2025 would have been cutting it too close
  • Remakes, I would say based on Black and White, and definitely outsourced, perhaps weren't quite ready to be shown back in February and can't be announced with just a CG trailer like a brand new game, and if announced before Z-A would set up expectations of a Legends Unova game

So the solution was to announce Z-A for Pokemon Day, then announce the remakes at the Direct, and then have a Pokemon Presents later in August with more details on the remakes and the first gameplay footage for Z-A
Also, it could be a much smaller title that doesn't warrant an announcement 7-8 months prior. June announcement, october release. Pokémon Conquest 2? Mystery Dungeon Paldea? PokéPark Returns? Could be anything.

So Nate just deconfirmed Prime 4 for this year on the other forum...

It's so fucking over. I guess that does open up the holiday slot for something cool this year though.
He actually didn’t, though? It reads as speculation or a prediction. He has never been 100% on first party software. I believe he expected FE4 like over a year ago, for example.

Nobody knows what Nintendo is doing at this point.

I think Mario Party is perfect for a year ending. Think about it, the games sell well, are relatively easy to make, and it’s been 3 years since the last one. Plus a big leaker did leak a codename highly likely for an in development Mario Party. 2D Zelda is the only other big title I could reasonably see happening beyond remasters (Metroid and or Zelda is my guess for those)

Honestly, out of all the potential year ending games, I think a new Mario Party is one of the ones I’d like the most as long as it isn’t super again

I should throw together a bingo card. Need to pull out the last one on my phone to edit

I think Mario Party is perfect for a year ending. Think about it, the games sell well, are relatively easy to make, and it’s been 3 years since the last one. Plus a big leaker did leak a codename highly likely for an in development Mario Party. 2D Zelda is the only other big title I could reasonably see happening beyond remasters (Metroid and or Zelda is my guess for those)
We’ll definitely get a single player game outside of that for the back half of the year. Maybe some partnered stuff

Maybe I’m overlooking, but.

Nate: The 2025 software lineup just keeps getting better.

Even though This is most likely speculation, I think he has a point, that next year is about to go apeshit.

Hope everyone will enjoy the calm before the storm.

MP4 will be this holiday, and then it will be a part of the Switch 2 presentation showing off the power and how it can upgrade Switch titles. Source: my delirium

Maybe I’m overlooking, but.

Nate: The 2025 software lineup just keeps getting better.

Even though This is most likely speculation, I think he has a point, that next year is about to go apeshit.

Hope everyone will enjoy the calm before the storm.

Monster Hunter Wilds
Grand Theft Auto VI (copium)
Rumored Sony major first party releases
Switch 2
Pokemon ZA
Metroid Prime 4
Fable
Judas
Death Stranding 2: On the Beach
Professor Layton

it's looking goood

Remember how an insider talked about how they have to be careful about their wording because people might take it out of context or misconstrue it? Anyways, I am now going to overreact about Metroid Prime 4 no longer releasing this year because another insider gave a personal prediction that it releasing in 2025 makes sense.

Last edited:
Not likely to happen, but a June Direct announcing Prime 2 for release in July and a September Direct doing the same for Prime 3 in October would lessen the sting of not getting Prime 4 in 2024 a little bit.

I think there’s very little chance a FE4 remake sells that well as a Switch 1 exclusive. It would take a lot to bounce from Engage’s sales to that.
The issue with Engage is that its massive decline wasn't really "natural", but rather issues with the game itself that made it much less appealing. I think an FE4 remake would intrinsically have much broader appeal, so I think it could "bounce back" from Engage's decline. Plus, with 2024 being on the lighter side for Nintendo, and this game (if it releases this year) likely being a Holiday-ish release (September/October?), it could recieve a lot more attention than usual. Idk I could be wrong, but I hope I'm not lol.

No offense to Nate, but he probably thinks that Silksong won’t shadow drop in this direct, and that Star Fox GP isn’t real so can we even trust his opinions

Always fun to do once in a while.

Post your (1) dream game announcement during the direct.

Idc how out of this world it is but it's gotta be..only 1
Gotta be honest at this point I am running out series to beg for games for. I’m going to say main series dragon quest in any form would be great.
I’m kinda here too. As far as being a Nintendo fan, I feel like I’ve eaten well for a good while.

There are of course still games and franchises I’d like to see come back, but the bucket is starting to get empty! I’ve already seen both S&P and Golden Sun thrown around, so I’ll say Pictobits (Picopict elsewhere in the world, I believe?) I would love a sequel to that game so bad, though it’d likely have to be handheld-only.

I’d also like to see Nintendo partner up with Thunderful Development (formerly Image & Form) and allow them to take a crack at marrying one of their Steamworld brands with a Nintendo IP. (Dig is my favorite, but I’d be down to see what they’d do with any of them.) Cadence of Hyrule needs some friends!

At this point, all I want for the Switch is a Donkey Kong game that's actually focused on DK and his world. Big scope, small scope, 2D, 3D, remake, spin off, new climber game, I'll take whatever.
King of Swing and Jungle Climber were both pretty darn fun! I’d definitely take another one of those.

That house of dead 2 gonna be announced in the direct. I can’t say I care loo
Was 2 originally announced for Switch back with 1 like four or five years ago? For some reason, I already thought this game was coming but completely forgot about it in the time since.

All insiders come to an end at some point.
Except for Nate. Him and Mario 30/Super Mario 3D All-Stars will live on in my heart forever.

Anything is better than the 6 AM Pokemon presents and the mini drops
I actually kind of like the 6am Presents haha. I hate when they make me wait all damn day (aka until 8am!)

So about 1 out of every 11 respondents expressed great doubt in the president's communique, huh.
If only President Biden could enjoy the same success.

Nate didn’t say no Metroid Prime 4 in this direct lol
I think we definitely see it but it's a 2025 release.

Thinking it's some combination of Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, Zelda and Mario spin-off for September through December. I'm not sure what the Mario spin-off is; sports, party and Olympics are all possible.

My mind is stuck on so many games

Metroid Prime 4
Metroid Prime 2/3
Fire Emblem
DK
A Kirby game
Mario Party
2D Zelda
Another Nintendo IP port

So much I think can show up

so considering that we've already established that the lack of Pyoro leaks combined with the Direct being Tuesday means that the Direct has no games

....should Nintendo fill the Direct up with already released games from previous Directs and hope we don't notice?

so considering that we've already established that the lack of Pyoro leaks combined with the Direct being Tuesday means that the Direct has no games

....should Nintendo fill the Direct up with already released games from previous Directs and hope we don't notice?
They could announce the select line of games but instead of just saying they are cheaper, they spend 40 minutes going over each title individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom