• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense. Metroid Prime 4 deserves a launch simultaneously on Switch and Switch 2 next year. I can’t wait to see its first reveal at the Switch 2 reveal
I’m on this page too. If it is cross platform. Show it in the best light and also generate interest for the new system. With console sales up in the air across the board, go out firing on all cylinders.

Reminder that we got a Pokemon Teaser/Trailer with only “2025” slapped on the end back in February.

Prime 4 can be a 2025 game and still appear at this Direct.

And for the love of all that is holy, I sure hope that it does appear.

Reminder that we got a Pokemon Teaser/Trailer with only “2025” slapped on the end back in February.

Prime 4 can be a 2025 game and still appear at this Direct.

And for the love of all that is holy, I sure hope that it does appear.
agreed. If it's shown it is the last thing.

8twk3a.jpg

I’m not expecting to see much if anything in the way of 2025 games. Maybe a remaster dated for early 2025 along the lines of Luigi’s Mansion 2 HD, but that’s about it.

I’m checking my expectations at it focusing entirely on Switch 1 software (no cross-gen), a Pokemon Presents in August confirming Legends Z-A as an early 2024 release (pre-Switch 2 release), and no official noise for Switch 2 software otherwise.

Then for the Switch 2, January announcement, March showcase, May launch.

agreed. If it's shown it is the last thing.
I think it will be somewhere in the middle of the show, personally. If it came out this year I could see it being an opener or closer but if it's 2025, I don't think they'll do that just yet. I can see a Pikmin 4-style reveal now and a proper full trailer as an opener for the February show next year (or September)

If Prime 4 isn't this year then yeah realistically 2D Zelda and DK are their only major games they could have in the chamber (I'm using "major" as, like, selling 3 million or more). Or maybe this will be a quieter year for Nintendo. All we can do now is wait.
  • Mario Party could happen, which would be a massive game obviously.
  • The FE4 remake could also easily sell 3m+ as long as it looks good, appeals to the mainstream FE audience, and gets decent marketing.
  • Uhhhhh... new Tomodachi Life? idk lol

That's a few more options for "major" games, at least.

so it's an opinion rather than him outright "deconfirming" it.

I think less conclusion jumping is needed lol.
I mean I’d assume it’s more informed speculation than anything. Part of me believing this year would be it was Nate’s claims that it was ready to go and would only be moved out of the year for strategic reasons, so, well… maybe the latter has come to pass

How is it that the direct we knew the furthest in advance is the one we have the least idea on it terms of date, time, what’s gonna be there, anything

For the love of God please see this post in case anyone’s trying to infer two separate meanings from this.

You truly cannot ever play around, hahaha.
Ahh, I'm really sorry, I didn't mean any ill-will!! I think I just got a little too excited when I saw that! I edited the post the reflect that!

I'm really sorry again!!

I think that it's in Nintendo's best interests to show Prime 4 when the release is imminent (i.e same year)
I’m not really sure I agree.

If Prime 4 is cross-gen, which I’m guessing it is at this point, I don’t really see a benefit in waiting to re-reveal it in the Switch 2 presentation or something.

If they reveal it now, it’s got the spotlight to itself. And there’s no reason to really not to - the game is a known quantity that we’ve been waiting an agonizingly long time for. If they wait, then it’s just another game in the lineup alongside juggernauts like 3D Mario, Mario Kart, whatever else Nintendo has ready for the launch.

Then they can show an enhanced version closer to release, or if they really wanna get crazy, reveal it in this upcoming direct with a tagline “coming to Nintendo Switch and the next generation of Nintendo Switch” and kickstart the next gen hype with a game that we’ve already known was coming for the past 7 years while still saving the stuff we don’t know about for a next gen blowout presentation.

I think it will be somewhere in the middle of the show, personally. If it came out this year I could see it being an opener or closer but if it's 2025, I don't think they'll do that just yet. I can see a Pikmin 4-style reveal now and a proper full trailer as an opener for the February show next year (or September)

Metroid Dread has been in the middle and it released in October....

There are devs with games that I believe will be featured in there that haven't been talked to about the Switch 2.

That's crazy, man, hahaha.
I mean, do they need to? Not everyone will be lucky enough to be among the first batch to get Switch successor devkits. Just like Switch 1, most of them go after the first official reveal of the console.

But that's nothing to worry about, there should be enough time for third party devs to have a intensely crowded launch window. We're anticipating a much smoother and easier porting process.

I mean I’d assume it’s more informed speculation than anything. Part of me believing this year would be it was Nate’s claims that it was ready to go and would only be moved out of the year for strategic reasons, so, well… maybe the latter has come to pass
you know what they say about assuming, right haha? Nah I get it. His opinion is likely informed but still it's best to not make the assumption. We see how people react. Just quote what he says rather than editorializing is all I was saying.

I don't know. I think it would be the perfect final thing. Maybe they save it for september if they do a general then idk.

If Prime 4 is there but for a 2025 launch, I wonder if there would be any gameplay shown. For some previous games revealed that far out (Legends Z-A, Pikmin 4, etc.), the trailers didn’t really have anything substantial from a gameplay perspective (though I’m sure there were some that did throughout the Switch’s life, I can’t recall).

Would people be okay with seeing Prime 4 if it was just another teaser like 2017 with the added “2025” and nothing else? Of course, it could be some kind of CG teaser I suppose.

Ahh, I'm really sorry, I didn't mean any ill-will!! I think I just got a little too excited when I saw that! I edited the post the reflect that!

I'm really sorry again!!
HAHAHA, it's all good, my friend!

I mean, do they need to? Not everyone will be lucky enough to be among the first batch to get Switch successor devkits. Just like Switch 1, most of them go after the first official reveal of the console.

But that's nothing to worry about, there should be enough time for third party devs to have a intensely crowded launch window. We're anticipating a much smoother and easier porting process.
I suppose not, but frankly, back during the Wii U to Switch transition I wasn't nearly as tuned in as I am now, so the realization of how closed-off the process is is pretty daunting.

I don't know. I think it would be the perfect final thing. Maybe they save it for september if they do a general then idk.
Obviously I don't know either, but I feel like with Metroid being one of the lesser franchises in terms of popularity, the only way it could make for a strong opener or closer would be if it's getting a release soon. That's why I compared it to Pikmin 4, since that was also eagerly anticipated and from a smaller franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom