• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey now, Orville Redenbacher Theory was peak Direct speculation
The best theories were smash character theories. I think the music theory for secondary characters was holding steady until the end. My favorite was Waluigi and yellow and purple chairs in Sakurai’s office. Just next level hopium

We had people thinking there was a direct coming because of a microwave popcorn promotion. This is child’s play compared to what people come up with.
I did say one of. Nothing can ever top Mr. Redenbacher.

The idea of Nate dropping a LFG in one of his podcasts is too surreal though lol

I’m not even worried about when the direct is, next week or the week after is fine.

On another note, I wonder when Nate is recording and releasing his next podcast, whatever the topic may be. Early next week perhaps?

I do hope it means that we're getting Metroid Prime 4 revealed in the direct.

I’m manifesting a holiday release and also it winning goty

It might be time.

ready-gentlemen.gif

the only thing thatll make me stop believing in the 18th is if pyoro/nate/whoever up and says it isnt then. i trust in The Process (not having to wait another week for sweet closure)

Not really a ton of concrete "there's no way X isn't there" kind of predictions in this one tbh but eh, at least it's something to talk about that isn't "where's the bird?"

To sorta sum up most of what they touch on:
  • Mario&Luigi remake to finish the hat trick of RPG Mario games getting remade (they suggest Partners in Time since it got skipped on the 3ds and Paper Mario skipped 64 to remake TTYD instead); bring up the possibility of Grezzo as a possible dev for it
  • Jon seems to know Grezzo isn't doing Luigi's Mansion 2 HD, so them doing a Zelda project is discussed; Oracle remakes are discussed, they're hoping it'd be a brand-new game
  • some kind of new Game&Watch Gallery, they think NDcube would be a good fit for it and could be along the same caliber of Nintendo World Championship NES Edition in terms of scope
  • Dragon Quest 3 HD2D (possibly now DQ HD2D trilogy); hoping that if it somehow isn't releasing this year, they'll announce ports of some of the other games in the meantime like 4/5/6 or 7&8. Jon wants to see Dragon Quest Builders 3
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • NSO updates; discuss possibility of a new system like Turbografx or Master System, and how there's still interesting things they could add from the N64/GBA libraries
  • Fantasian, other Apple Arcade games like Hello Kitty and Bomberman
  • Kid Icarus Uprising (Jon: "My gut says Uprising probably isn't happening now, but the chances aren't zero")
  • Prime 4 or more Prime remasters; wonder what MercurySteam would be working on now and whether it'd be Metroid 6, a new remake, or a Samus Returns port
  • Kirby: they bring up the idea of a Forgotten Land sequel, a spin-off (Jon wants a Kirby RPG), or a remaster of one of the 3DS games
  • Wario Land
  • the long-rumored-to-be-finished FE4 remake
  • probably nothing from MonolithSoft until Switch 2, except maybe Project X Zone
  • possible Bandai-Namco remasters (Xenosaga, Pac-Man World 2 mentioned)
  • Jon brings up a Resident Evil classic collection; Derrick mentions other possible retro collections like Castlevania DS or Mega Man Legends. Discuss more ports of old Capcom fighting games like Capcom vs SNK (following on the SF6 DLC news), Marvel vs Capcom, or Powerstone
  • another Cadence of Hyrule-style "Nintendo IP outsourced to an indie dev" game (joke about a Celeste-style Ice Climber, bring up a Shin'en-made F-Zero)
  • Starfy, Golden Sun, and Custom Robo brought up as ways to continue the "reviving dead IP via compilation remakes" trend of Another Code/Famicom Detective Club/Advance Wars; they think Starfy is the likeliest of those to happen
  • new Mario Party, hoping it's a new one and not Superstars 2
  • Pushmo, also briefly touch on Dillon's Rolling Western or Boxboy as other 3DS eshop games that could benefit from getting collections
  • neither of them really expect WW/TP at this point
People are so used to Donkey Kong being neglected that, despite it being Donkey Kong Country's 30th anniversary, despite a Donkey Kong Country theme park expansion opening in Japan later this year, and despite there being a new game rumored to be in development at EPD8, nobody is predicting anything Donkey Kong related for the Direct.

It’s almost comical how perfectly everything is lining up and yet… nothing.

The new Sabrina Carpenter single really reassured me that she's here to stay. So fucking baller to have her boyfriend act in what's essentially a threat towards him.
Blows me away that she's getting big with music now because I knew her as the best friend on Girl Meets World and that's hard to shake. Good to see her kicking ass like this.

People are so used to Donkey Kong being neglected that, despite it being Donkey Kong Country's 30th anniversary, despite a Donkey Kong Country theme park expansion opening in Japan later this year, and despite there being a new game rumored to be in development at EPD8, nobody is predicting anything Donkey Kong related for the Direct.

I'm hoping for EPD Kong but I think at least a DKCR HD release is a distinct possibility. In a just world we'd get an NSO DK wave plus EPD Kong.

“It’s Next Week LFG” is not NEARLY as much of a stretch as some actual hints we’ve gotten. I totally would’ve bought that if Nate hadn’t clarified, plus we know he’s used polls as hints before

You’re being way too pessimistic. Now makes more sense than ever for a new DK game announcement

The new Sabrina Carpenter single really reassured me that she's here to stay. So fucking baller to have her boyfriend act in what's essentially a threat towards him.

Sabrina Carpenter ? Metroid Prime 4 Confirmed

She just looks like Samus

So Nate just deconfirmed Prime 4 for this year on the other forum...

It's so fucking over. I guess that does open up the holiday slot for something cool this year though.
Makes sense. Metroid Prime 4 deserves a launch simultaneously on Switch and Switch 2 next year. I can’t wait to see its first reveal at the Switch 2 reveal

So Nate just deconfirmed Prime 4 for this year on the other forum...

It's so fucking over. I guess that does open up the holiday slot for something cool this year though.
If Prime 4 is not coming this year then that gives it a very good chance at being part of the 2witch launch window, which means it might be a bigger, more impressive game than we were expecting. I'd say it's not over yet. 😎

I'm hoping for EPD Kong but I think at least a DKCR HD release is a distinct possibility. In a just world we'd get an NSO DK wave plus EPD Kong.
I'd almost prefer them to save EPDK for the next system, but I can't imagine Nintendo doing nothing with DK when there's a theme park expansion opening up. It would be marketing malfeasance on their part. Mine Cart Madness probably cost more to build than a new game, not to mention all of the money Universal spent on R&D for the patented ride technology.

If Prime 4 is not coming this year then that gives it a very good chance at being part of the 2witch launch window, which means it might be a bigger, more impressive game than we were expecting. I'd say it's not over yet. 😎

No Prime 4 increases the chance of 2D Zelda as the closer let's gooooooooooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom