• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still waiting for it to be revealed that Pyoro is actually a Japanese girl who was only pretending to be a bird on twitter for clout.

Also, look at y'all actually arguing about whether Engage or Three Houses was better when we all know that both games had like exact opposite flaws and strengths and that the whole conversation is pointless because Radiant Dawn was better than both and came out 17 years ago.

The NES collection was Pyoro bait. Nintendo intentionally wanted to release the trailer early to find out who his source was.

Galaxy brain move by the ninjas.

They're gonna roast you in the replies and they'll be right.
No, no he's right. If anyone roasts Engage fans, they'd be Three Houses fans. They need to accept that they are the ones with inferior taste. Look at the 3H roster, all serious no fun characters. One of the house leaders has a eyepatch for heavens sake. Can it be even edgier than that? Impossible.

I'm still waiting for it to be revealed that Pyoro is actually a Japanese girl who was only pretending to be a bird on twitter for clout.

Also, look at y'all actually arguing about whether Engage or Three Houses was better when we all know that both games had like exact opposite flaws and strengths and that the whole conversation is pointless because Radiant Dawn was better than both and came out 17 years ago.
Shame we can't S-Support 3-13 Archer 😔

No, no he's right. If anyone roasts Engage fans, they'd be Three Houses fans. They need to accept that they are the ones with inferior taste. Look at the 3H roster, all serious no fun characters. One of the house leaders has a eyepatch for heavens sake. Can it be even edgier than that? Impossible.
Three Houses fans are like your average Monster Hunter fan. Their first game was World. They don't know any better.

Him not teasing Mega Man NSO was sus

I think this might geniunely be it...
strange how he used to leak NSO drop, but one day stopped.

I'm curios if some of his sources was caught or are in code red because of the Switch 2.

it taught me that there's apparently a rather significant portion of the Fire Emblem fanbase that straight up cares more about story tone(and honestly pretty much just tone not even story as a whole really, Engage's isn't exactly great either but the Three Houses story is a mess with how many routes it has) than the actual gameplay

which is honestly just bizarre to me
Post Awakening there was definitely a schism in the fan base. I personally am not the biggest fan of the romancing or social link stuff compared to strict strategy and level design but understand the appeal. I think there is room for both types and Nintendo does too. I just want less callbacks and children of characters in the future games.

Three Houses fans are like your average Monster Hunter fan. Their first game was World. They don't know any better.

hey... Three house is pretty Kino.
punisher-the-punisher.gif

Nate: "I agree that Metroid Prime 4 could release in 2025"

Overreactors: "wow I guess we won't see Metroid Prime 4 at the Direct or in the rest of 2024 or even ever at all because it's all over now"

Post Awakening there was definitely a schism in the fan base. I personally am not the biggest fan of the romancing or social link stuff compared to strict strategy and level design but understand the appeal. I think there is room for both types and Nintendo does too. I just want less callbacks and children of characters in the future games.

hopefully that FE4 remake can be something everyone can like

i've never played it but from what I understand it's pretty well regarded from a gameplay standpoint and also has a similar sort of story tone to Three Houses

hopefully that FE4 remake can be something everyone can like

i've never played it but from what I understand it's pretty well regarded from a gameplay standpoint and also has a similar sort of story tone to Three Houses
No, it really wasn't. In fact, Kaga said in an interview that Thracia's advanced gameplay mechanics were an answer to japanese players being dissatisfied with Genealogy's simple gameplay.
I expect (and hope) that the FE4 remake will change things up in terms of gameplay.

Direct speculators truly are a superstitious and cowardly lot
Nate simply saying "I agree" to a post on a whole other forum and it becoming "Nate confirms Metroid Prime 4 will release in 2025 and won't be in the Direct" over here is exactly why he and other insiders are hesitant to say anything at all anymore.

Honestly, Three Houses' discourse longevity is crazy. "One of a kind"-type game.

And now I'm remembering that Three Houses also won Player Choice GOTY at the Keighley's, which is CRAZY for a SRPG.
Crazy good game. I'll never except any attempt at revisionism about its qualities, especially from Engange fans.
FE three house fans, as usual wins.

lebron-james-lebron.gif

Engages sales are pretty much in line with what you'd expect from a franchise with an original entry already released earlier in the Switchs lifecycle. Same thing happened with Xenoblade despite the quality and reception of 3 being better than ever. Happens with every Switch franchise pretty much - sequels / follow ups don't usually sell as well.

Won't stop a FE Remake from releasing. Nintendo will be happy with a million or two in sales as long as the project was scoped correctly
Its sales weren't in line with typical expectations, though. It was a massive drop-off from 3H. Like, the game easily sold less than half of 3H, and had terrible sales legs. Xenoblade 3 was nowhere near as bad. Nor were any "same-console sequels" of this generation. Even looking back at the previous generation, Fates pretty much sold around as much or slightly less than Awakening. It wasn't a massive critical and commercial drop off like Engage was.

Keep in mind, Three Houses surpassed 4m copies way back in 2022, and has probably sold a bit more since then. The FE4 remake can still do 3m+ or even 4m+ and still be below 3H's sales.

Does Three Houses discourse really count as proof of its longevity when that discourse is mostly about how your least favourite Lord is a fascist

Maybe I jumped the gun, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that a game that is now launching on 2025 is no longer a priority for Nintendo's marketing

Its sales weren't in line with typical expectations, though. It was a massive drop-off from 3H. Like, the game easily sold less than half of 3H, and had terrible sales legs. Xenoblade 3 was nowhere near as bad. Nor were any "same-console sequels" of this generation. Even looking back at the previous generation, Fates pretty much sold around as much or slightly less than Awakening. It wasn't a massive critical and commercial drop off like Engage was.

Keep in mind, Three Houses surpassed 4m copies way back in 2022, and has probably sold a bit more since then. The FE4 remake can still do 3m+ or even 4m+ and still be below 3H's sales.
Engage's sales are a good lesson for IS as to what fans want out of the series: More serious plotlines, less tropey anime stuff.

Nate simply saying "I agree" to a post on a whole other forum and it becoming "Nate confirms Metroid Prime 4 will release in 2025 and won't be in the Direct" over here is exactly why he and other insiders are hesitant to say anything at all anymore.
👆👆👆

Much like the wait for Metroid Prime 4, I really need this direct to be over with already.

Please dont turn this thread into an Engage vs 3H debate. That discourse has become tiring.
Its sales weren't in line with typical expectations, though. It was a massive drop-off from 3H. Like, the game easily sold less than half of 3H, and had terrible sales legs. Xenoblade 3 was nowhere near as bad.
This is misinformation. We already know both games were in development around the same time, 3H was an outlier in sales so saying its a massive dropoff is not saying much. And unless we know their expectations is a mute point.

Does Three Houses discourse really count as proof of its longevity when that discourse is mostly about how your least favourite Lord is a fascist
It could be worse, at least it's not Persona discourse...

f25a7b6a-6ac7-4f46-b244-5528f43c66fd.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't think Dimitri is a fascist

I think he's a feudal monarchist.

You know, we're kind of proving the meme's point.

it taught me that there's apparently a rather significant portion of the Fire Emblem fanbase that straight up cares more about story tone(and honestly pretty much just tone not even story as a whole really, Engage's isn't exactly great either but the Three Houses story is a mess with how many routes it has) than the actual gameplay

which is honestly just bizarre to me
It was worse when there was a schism after Awakening and especially Fates came out.

At that time it was between longtime players who had been playing the series pre-Awakening, and fans who came in via Awakening's newbie boom. The debates were more vicious, and at times even personal. You were either a filthy casual who cared more about dating sim aspects than you did strategic gameplay, or you were an elitist stick in the mud who wished the series had died. There was no winning.
What amazes me is that a lot of fans I've met who came in via 3H are fans of 3 Houses and only 3 Houses without attempting to give the other games a shot. I even had a friend of mine say he almost wished IS would make a spin-off series that focused on Fodlan and ONLY Fodlan. And for as many legitimate criticisms there are of Engage (and there are plenty), there were many I've met who didn't like it simply because it wasn't 3 Houses 2 and that was it.
While we're doing discourse, Edelgard did nothing wrong.
Man I can't wait for FE4 Remake discourse such as:

A. Who is the best pairing for Lachesis? Finn or Beowulf?
B. Arvis did nothing wrong
C. I wish Ishtar was recruitable
D. Are Quan and Ethlyn the dumbest parents alive by bringing a 3-year-old to a battlefield?

Fire Emblem fans that started with 3H will never truly be happy, because the only other Fire Emblem that was essentially half dating sim is Fates, and Fates really isn't good.

I always wonder if other franchises had been kept as active as the notable Nintendo' IP's are now if similar heated discourse would have occurred.

"You can ignore the darker societal aspects Swanky Kong embodies if you want, but they are in the games and are much more apparent than most of the supposed problems fans try and apply to Wrinkly Kong."

Fire Emblem fans that started with 3H will never truly be happy, because the only other Fire Emblem that was essentially half dating sim is Fates, and Fates really isn't good.
Awakening says hi.

FE4 was also a dating sim in some way. Well, more a eugenics sim as there's no playable avatar, but you do get your army to marry and have kids for the second generation!

That's just the unfortunate influence the Binding Blade had on Three Houses. ;)
j4wzp2x25ut41.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom