• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always fun to do once in a while.

Post your (1) dream game announcement during the direct.

Idc how out of this world it is but it's gotta be..only 1
Arika takes that VOOT/Gundam Vs-styled arena combat April Fool's "joke" of theirs from a few years ago ,"Prayer For Death", and slaps in a Mega Man aesthetic, instead.

Call it "Rockman Taisen".

Speaking of which, I wonder when we'll see our first game that Shiver Entertainment worked on under Nintendo... maybe some point next year?
so total tinfoil hat theory, we may have already seen it and it's called Lego Horizon Adventures

Shiver's projects have largely been from WB Games studios, including a certain game developed by Avalanche. Studio Gobo, who's co-developing Lego Horizon, lists that game as one they worked on, so there's potentially a pre-existing line of communication of some sort between Gobo and Shiver. Additionally, Lego Horizon isn't using Guerrilla's usual Decima engine but is instead an Unreal Engine game like most of Shiver's ports, and is a rare "next-gen only+Switch" (i.e. no PS4 version) title similar to Mortal Kombat 1

An interview with one of the developers noted that Nintendo has been very cooperative and supportive of Guerrilla developing the game for Switch, and they've also mentioned that they (Guerilla) have a dedicated team of engineers working to optimize the Switch version. So I wouldn't be totally shocked if Shiver ends up credited on that game in some way, especially now that they're under Nintendo and it could be a matter of Nintendo saying "hey Guerrilla, getting a Playstation game on our platform is kind of a big deal for us and we have a team that has experience putting next-gen Unreal games on Switch, so have your people go talk to them and see what they can do for you"

I would say a new Animal Crossing that focuses more on improving the life simulation aspects of the series and improves on past games in the series holistically the way the first 4 games did. But if that were to be happening it wouldn't be at this direct, so I'll say... Kirby Air Ride 2.

theres two possible games Nintendo will close the june Direct, 1- a brand new 2D Legend of Zelda game or Legend of zelda related game and 2- someting related to Donkey Kong(be it a remake/remaster, port or a new Donkey Kong game, sorry no Metroid Prime 4 this time l
If we do get a Zelda related game this Direct in any capacity, I'll be one very happy person

so total tinfoil hat theory, we may have already seen it and it's called Lego Horizon Adventures

Shiver's projects have largely been from WB Games studios, including a certain game developed by Avalanche. Studio Gobo, who's co-developing Lego Horizon, lists that game as one they worked on, so there's potentially a pre-existing line of communication of some sort between Gobo and Shiver. Additionally, Lego Horizon isn't using Guerrilla's usual Decima engine but is instead an Unreal Engine game like most of Shiver's ports, and is a rare "next-gen only+Switch" (i.e. no PS4 version) title similar to Mortal Kombat 1

An interview with one of the developers noted that Nintendo has been very cooperative and supportive of Guerrilla developing the game for Switch, and they've also mentioned that they (Guerilla) have a dedicated team of engineers working to optimize the Switch version. So I wouldn't be totally shocked if Shiver ends up credited on that game in some way, especially now that they're under Nintendo and it could be a matter of Nintendo saying "hey Guerrilla, getting a Playstation game on our platform is kind of a big deal for us and we have a team that has experience putting next-gen Unreal games on Switch, so have your people go talk to them and see what they can do for you"
I assume this may of happened before the deal but, even if that thought is true, I wonder if this game coming to Switch and Shiver helping was what really pushed Nintendo over to make the purchase!!

Mentioned it sort of earlier in the thread… Rocket Slime Trilogy

I loved the first two. Would love to have them on Switch.

Snowboard Kids 1+2 Remake trailer that ends with the announcement of a true Snowboard Kids 3 in development.
Sadly, Atlus is too focused on their RPG branding and Sega has no attachment to that franchise outside of owning Atlus. So it's more of a pipe dream. At least there's Fangamer merch every few years...

Gotta be honest at this point I am running out series to beg for games for. I’m going to say main series dragon quest in any form would be great.

I keep forgetting that this is going to be our first full length direct of 2024. I think people might be getting a bit antsy because we haven't had a general since last September. Putting aside my Metroid Prime 4 fantasies, I simply hope for more to be excited about in the second half of this year. Paper Mario TTYD was great, but nothing from January through April really did anything for me (specifically with new nintendo games in that period). And I already know I'm not the target audience for Luigi's Mansion 2 HD.

Golden Sun Dark Dawn HD, full VA, new QOL to get missed Djinn, include an option to fight your party from NSO Golden Sun games.

I keep forgetting that this is going to be our first full length direct of 2024. I think people might be getting a bit antsy because we haven't had a general since last September. Putting aside my Metroid Prime 4 fantasies, I simply hope for more to be excited about in the second half of this year. Paper Mario TTYD was great, but nothing from January through April really did anything for me. And I already know I'm not the target audience for Luigi's Mansion 2 HD.
I just hope it’s fun. Thanks to age and hindsight, I could definitely call something like the latter half of 2016 fun, which for the record had:

The NES Classic
Pokémon Sun and Moon
Mario Party Star Rush
Mario Maker 3DS
Paper Mario Colour Splash
Animal Crossing New Leaf Welcome amiibo
Picross 3D Round 2 (in North America)

It’s not a grand lineup by any means, but it was fun and quaint, and I’ll always cherish it in reference to the buildup to the Switch, and where I was in my life back then.

I’m hoping this Direct will show that the rest of the year will at least match that with titles of a similar stature, and with NWC, likely Prime 4, as well as the rumoured/speculated games, I’m sure we’re in for something within my ballpark of expectations.

All in all, can’t wait for Tuesday:)

Last edited:

Sin & Punishment 3. Treasure is pretty much dead and gone, along with the series, so this would be the greatest surprise.

Honestly, if this is Nintendo's only General for the year (I assume this will depend on when the successor is announced), I do think this will be a much more full/bigger Direct than we think because it probably has to detail what the lineup looks like all the way to the release of the console if it is a March 2025 release!

Furukawa could have told you the date down to the minute and you still wouldn't believe it
I would 100% believe him and would find the certainty of such a post to be very comforting, but I also think the chaos from the doomposting and repetitive YouTube videos are kinda fun. Seeing the implosion would be amusing to me. I'm also aware that sometimes things change, and beyond that I'm aware that not saying anything would be the most chaotic (and admittedly worst) way to deal with that change. It's just an intrusive thought, pay no more mind to it than that.

I kinda want to see that happen to see this thread continue even more.
See, you get it! On the bright side, there will always be another Direct thread.

Custom Robo new game or remake easily! It could even say "coming 2025" and be a cross-gen game or a Switch 2 exclusive, I just want it. For a long time, I've felt that the Switch would be the perfect system for a new Custom Robo game. The gameplay is fun, the characters are sleek, and the "on-the-go" style of the Switch promotes quick games, not unlike the GBA version. But I guess Splatoon already has a hold on that style of gameplay. Ray 01 would be a fun additino to Smash Bros also.

If I was allowed a second game, I'd choose Kirby Air Ride remake.

At this point, all I want for the Switch is a Donkey Kong game that's actually focused on DK and his world. Big scope, small scope, 2D, 3D, remake, spin off, new climber game, I'll take whatever.
Same. I'd also love to see the full return of Krool and the Kremlings. We need those bros back in a new adventure.

i hope the switch 2 brings back Miiverse
Miiverse being on their worst selling home console ever, them axing it, and then their next console being their best selling home console ever is such cruel fate.
At this point, all I want for the Switch is a Donkey Kong game that's actually focused on DK and his world. Big scope, small scope, 2D, 3D, remake, spin off, new climber game, I'll take whatever.
Sucks that Switch would never get it's own DK game, but my preference at this point would be older DK games ported to Switch (DKCR HD and DKJB HD). Or I'd LOVE a DK64 remake.
And have whatever completely new thing they're cooking for Switch 2. We're this close to Switch's successor? I can wait for better visuals and performance.

I don't really see a reason to doubt there being a Direct next week unless Nintendo comes out and says it is the final week of the month (or they delayed it) or those that have been spot on with knowing the dates for presentations say that they doubt it is or have heard that the date is in the last week of the month. I'm not going to say that it is 100 percent next week (even if I really hope it is) but I don't feel like there's a reason yet to doubt just yet. Many were confident with the revelation around Among Us and there isn't really any reason to deviate away from still believing that outside of a general feeling that it's getting closer and we still don't have the Direct vibe yet! I feel like things can change fairly quickly and that vibe could be fully present in a snap, as well!!

Even if by chance it isn't next week, I still feel confident that the 25th may be the final day the Direct can air unless they don't mind stepping on the toes of the release of Luigi's Mansion 2 HD. We've also only had three June Directs in the post-E3 era and one of them (the 2022 Partner Showcase) was also around the time (even later) than the possible dates remaining for this one to air so there is precedent for a late June Direct even if there are examples of it being earlier. Nonetheless, all this means is that we are less than two weeks out at this point no matter what happens!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom