• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
as far as i can tell both retro studios and monolithsoft have about 200 employees. in the time since metroid prime 4 was announced, monolith has released 2 new rpgs, 1 remake and 3 expansions, all of which push the hardware to its limits.
to be fair, most studios look like schmucks next to Monolith's rate of output

MonolithSoft, Insomniac, and arguably Obsidian are just kinda built different when it comes to getting games out the door at a reasonable pace

Reminder that the Metroid Prime 4 that was announced in 2017 was canceled 1.5 years later and a new Metroid Prime project started with a completely different studio in 2019. The current MP4 we're waiting on has not been in development for 7 years, only 5 years (and part of that was during a pandemic). That is a perfectly normal development time for a project like this.
Seeing Twitter full of people bringing up the 2017 announcement today like they're wondering why an already known to be dead family member has been missing the family get-togethers for the past four years.
Not only was part of its development during the pandemic, Retro was already working on a different game when the original MP4 project was cancelled. They didn't start working on Prime 4 full-time until 2021 at the earliest.

To clarify, to me filler isn't about the quality of the game, it's about the fact that they're already known and recently had the opportunity to be shown in detail in the publishers' own presentations and yet opted not to, so they can fill in the Direct.
Obviosuly this is all assuming these games are all going to be shown there, since I saw that apparently some insider was hinting at BG&E being at the Limited Run Games showcase.
Oh that reminds me! I saw the showcase is at 2 PM ET next week... I wonder what that means for the Direct chances for the 20th (I doubt it would mean a whole lot since they've never aired at that time but it's another showcase that I wonder if Nintendo would want to be near, especially if it also has Switch games?)

If I remember correctly, for those that don't know, the Limited Run Games Showcase is on the 20th at 2 PM ET/11 AM PT

to be fair, most studios look like schmucks next to Monolith's rate of output
Meanwhile EDP 8 has only made one 3D Mario game.

Like i'm excited seeing the next 3D Mario game, since it had about 7+ years in development.

Like NG Switch development mind disappoint a lot of people with game output, but luckily we'll still have A-AA games to play, while we wait for the next Zelda.

Like i'm excited seeing the next 3D Mario game, since it had about 7+ years in development.

Like NG Switch development mind disappoint a lot of people with game output, but luckily we'll still have A-AA games to play, while we wait for the next Zelda.
they have done assistance work on several games since so it's not like thats the only thing they habve been doing

Gotta go with Mega Man.

The Process(tm) will inevitably reveal itself when it is time. Meanwhile, I can't be so sure with Capcom when it comes to the brands I care about.
I would go with this too since it would be for something we don’t even know exists versus the other 3 (whether that is via prior announcements or you can play on older hardware). Rather have the new announcement.

I’m replaying captain toad treasure tracker this days and it’s such a shame we’re still waiting for a sequel.
Such a simple yet ingenious game.

Not only was part of its development during the pandemic, Retro was already working on a different game when the original MP4 project was cancelled. They didn't start working on Prime 4 full-time until 2021 at the earliest.

The idea that Prime Remastered was a full studio effort that took three plus years is not really a good defense of Retro’s productivity, lol.

Dead Space was a much more ambitious remake made in two years.

Projecting heavy dev resources being allocated to Prime Remastered that Nintendo felt had to happen first also comes off as bizarre. Prime 4’s development is a massive embarrassment for Nintendo that they would like to release as quickly as possible. Delaying Prime 4’s release several years to make a high budget remake of a game they then sell at $40 is really weird.

The best defense of Retro is that the studio was in shambles back in 2018 with Dupree having left and Joly being unhappy and that they needed years of hiring to get to a place where they could make a AAA game.

I've already gone through the five stages of grief about Metroid Prime 4 not showing up in the Direct even though the Direct is, at minimum, a week away and I have no actual concrete reason to believe it won't be there.

Problem with Kid Icarus and a few other Nintendo IPs is there is no one at Nintendo who is passionate about the series and pushing for more games to be developed. The last game only happened because of Sakurai.

Problem with Kid Icarus and a few other Nintendo IPs is there is no one at Nintendo who is passionate about the series and pushing for more games to be developed. The last game only happened because of Sakurai.
it's either that or not enough man power to develop it.

First of all, I shared that Kit n' Krysta tweet as a joke to say they must be lurking here because their choices were 3 out of 4 of what this thread's poll question contains

But second, out of all the people who went ahead and answered the question not one of yall picked Silksong? 🫠

i hope the next direct opens with Fire Emblem Echoes: Embers of Jugdral along side an extended middle segment on Fire Emblem: Holy Warriors and ending on Fire Emblem Echoes: Scars of Thracia
That would probably make it my favorite Direct of all time. TWO mainline Fire Emblem games announced and a Warriors spinoff?! The last time we got an announcement like that was in 2017 with the FE Direct!

But since that probably won't happen, we can just save Fire Emblem: Holy Warriors to kick of a Direct next year!

First of all, I shared that Kit n' Krysta tweet as a joke to say they must be lurking here because their choices were 3 out of 4 of what this thread's poll question contains

But second, out of all the people who went ahead and answered the question not one of yall picked Silksong? 🫠
My dude (who may or may not be a Sonic doll; didn't see you in that round of confessions!), we're in a timeline where the youngins don't consider Mega Man to be one of their top Capcom characters. This timeline is wrong and needs some correction with a new game.

who will come back to life first: Star Fox or Kid Icarus
Star Fox.

Far6qRTaUAA2JQc.jpg

I honestly want a fire emblem 4 remake. Or the Zelda hd games. I have hollow knight on my ps5 but never started it.

Other news, I finally started TTYD today, I’m really like it so far. Never played it before.

Sorry, my friend. But in the end, Silksong already is announced and assuredly will exist in some form.

All I got to go on for Mega Man's sake are old ass leaks going back four years ago, a plastic model kit maker teasing...something, and Arika's vice-president possibly leaking something his company worked on at some point.

Sorry, my friend. But in the end, Silksong already is announced and assuredly will exist in some form.

All I got to go on for Mega Man's sake are old ass leaks going back four years ago, a plastic model kit maker teasing...something, and Arika's vice-president possibly leaking something his company worked on at some point.
Which console will everyone get Silksong for?

i'm thinking of getting it on the Switch.

Re: Kid Icarus - With how good the 3DS game was, it’s one of those instances where I wouldn’t be bothered if it ended up a once in a lifetime experience, but I do think it deserves an HD Remaster/technical remake

was Starfox Zero that bad ?
I wasn't a fan. Star Fox 64 is a top 10 game of all-time for me and Star Fox Zero felt like a lesser version that, on top of that, was a total pain to control.

I thought the Star Fox Assault style would have been a great direction to continue the series in, personally. Assault was a flawed game but a very solid foundation.

My dude (who may or may not be a Sonic doll; didn't see you in that round of confessions!)
I have nothing to confess, is why 🦔

we're in a timeline where the youngins don't consider Mega Man to be one of their top Capcom characters. This timeline is wrong and needs some correction with a new game.
there was a conversation in another thread a few days ago where people were arguing that Mega Man is niche, so actually yeah, I agree.

I think if the bird doesn't start giving the word by this weekend then I'm going to think the Direct isn't next week at all. Maybe the following week.

Y'all put too much stock in insiders, leakers, and twitter birds verifying a date.

Sit back and relax. It might be next week, it might not be. Insiders might hint at a date or leak some Direct news, they might not.

It doesn't mean anything if they don't. There have been plenty of Directs that arrived without any leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom