• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the Star Fox Assault style would have been a great direction to continue the series in, personally. Assault was a flawed game but a very solid foundation.
Even as a guy who didn't really care for Assault, again, I'll admit it probably was the one that could've been expanded into better sequels, if allowed.

My thing is just...if you bother to loop in Bamco again to make a Star Fox game? Either a) get them to tap Project Aces for a furry Ace Combat proper or b) perhaps you can hit up Sandlot with the idea to make a furry EDF, assuming you still want ground combat with Fox 'n pals blowing up lots of space bugs.

I want a Star Fox game that lets you customize your team with the option of having an all-ladies team of Krystal, Katt, Fay, and Miyu.

Y'all put too much stock in insiders, leakers, and twitter birds verifying a date.

Sit back and relax. It might be next week, it might not be. Insiders might hint at a date or leak some Direct news, they might not.

It doesn't mean anything if they don't. There have been plenty of Directs that arrived without any leaks.

tenor.gif

I want a Star Fox game that lets you customize your team with the option of having an all-ladies team of Krystal, Katt, Fay, and Miyu.

This is an amazing idea, to let you literally assemble any team you wanted with the wide variety of characters. My #1 dream game has always been an open world Star Fox with tons of customization, on-foot + landmaster + arwing gameplay, etc.

Re: Kid Icarus - With how good the 3DS game was, it’s one of those instances where I wouldn’t be bothered if it ended up a once in a lifetime experience, but I do think it deserves an HD Remaster/technical remake
no one can convince me that masterpiece should be allowed to be played on dual sticls. stylus gameplay is the only way.

Assault is my favorite Starfox game, I know it's a huge departure from the rest of the series but the seamless transition from on-foot segment to Airwing was mindblowing when I was a kid. This allows for much better level design and gameplay diversity in my opinion.
And the multiplayer was super cool, some of the most fun I've had on GameCube.
Honestly it's a shame the series never really tried to follow the path Assault created, I'll give Zero a chance someday but yeah I'm sure it won't surpass Assault in my heart.

( And it has the best soundtrack in the series : )

Maybe this direct is just a clip show of all the good times from the past 8 years. That's usually when a tv show has its clip episode after they've run out of ideas.
They are launching NES World Championships which is essential, “NES Clip Episode: The Game,” later this year.

no one can convince me that masterpiece should be allowed to be played on dual sticls. stylus gameplay is the only way.
I think it can work with Splatoon-style gyro controls.

Dual-stick controls would most casual playthroughs anyway. It's only the higher difficulties that require the faster movement of the stylus.

Always fun to do once in a while.

Post your (1) dream game announcement during the direct.

Idc how out of this world it is but it's gotta be..only 1

Easily Mario Galaxy 3. 2 was my childhood but Galaxy 1 just doesn't hit the same in terms of mechanics and level design.

Brand new online multiplayer 2D Zelda with the scope of the single player games

Personally, I think the Direct should end with a teaser from Project X Zone 3.
Where the main protagonists are Big the Cat, Clyde (Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures) and Bad Box Art Mega Man. :v
The game is an endless runner btw

Rayman 4, for real this time. Directed by Soliani, score by Kirkhope.

Kirby and the Forgotten Land sequel. That’s it, just do that and you’ve bought my love

I’m going with something that is a good end of life announcement. NSO timeline with Quintet Games from Square on SNES, Sega CD/32X added to Genesis NSO (including the working designs stuff), WonderSwan Color NSO, TG16/PCE NSO.

Actual game is Skies of Arcadia rerelease and announcement of a new game in the franchise.

yakuza 0 definitive edition
Let's see what Gio Corsi cooked in just few weeks he's been employed. He knows the recipe after all lol
Personally, I think the Direct should end with a teaser from Project X Zone 3.
Where the main protagonists are Big the Cat, Clyde (Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures) and Bad Box Art Mega Man. :v
The game is an endless runner btw
Konami joins in fun with the lovable ninja Ebisumaru from Goemon series!

Let's see what Gio Corsi cooked in just few weeks he's been employed. He knows the recipe after all lol

Konami joins in fun with the lovable ninja Ebisumaru from Goemon series!
And Square Enix too with Fat Chocobo

Other characters featured include Dan Hibiki, Flame Hyenard, Numemon, every character from WeaponLord and Football Manager from Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

For real, Project X Zone 3 should be solely SNK, Square Enix and Konami.
That would be my dream game

I just want the rest of Vanillaware's games on the Switch; At the very least Odin Sphere Leifthrasir.

At this point it would be a Star Fox game with the foundations of Kid Icarus uprising or a 3D DK

New Pushmo, Stretchmo, or something similar, please

Nintendo reveals a new Donkey Kong Country developed in conjunction with Moon Studios; showing off a DKC platformer with the visual detail and fidelity of the Ori games.

Hey thread don’t forget we get a Yacht Club Presents tomorrow to tide us over!
In an odd twist, the first bit of major Hollow Knight news will come not from Silksong, but from that showcase when YCG reveals a crossover between the former and Shovel Knight, complete with the Knight rendered in faux 8-bit style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom