• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Sizzle Season 2024 announced)

What would you do at the world's end?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
more tales from C rank open matchmaking: just was put up against someone with a top 500 X badge

after a few excruciating minutes I just gave up and messed around in their spawn

The Triumvirate will be the boss fight during the all random weapon rotation this weekend for people that missed the badge / locker prize, or want to grind scales with the 3x bonus.

more tales from C rank open matchmaking: just was put up against someone with a top 500 X badge

after a few excruciating minutes I just gave up and messed around in their spawn

Open is thunderdome where everyone is thrown together. You should do Series if you want to play people in similar skill range

Open is thunderdome where everyone is thrown together. You should do Series if you want to play people in similar skill range
You say this, but I regularly get put with multiple fellow players with a 5-10 series win streak, against teams with a 1-2 streak at best, and those matches have never ever been close.

Funnily enough, matchmaking actually seems better for me in Open (but even better in X rank)

Also, on returning modes:
I think Salmon Run will be brought back upgraded, and Tableturf will get cut but revived through a spinoff game.
I think Side Order will be implemented into the singleplayer campaign somehow, and I think all the ranked modes will return, however not all maps will support all ranked modes. This way they can design maps with certain modes in mind, without having to morph them awkwardly to fit for everything.

Also, on returning modes:
I think Salmon Run will be brought back upgraded, and Tableturf will get cut but revived through a spinoff game.
I think Side Order will be implemented into the singleplayer campaign somehow, and I think all the ranked modes will return, however not all maps will support all ranked modes. This way they can design maps with certain modes in mind, without having to morph them awkwardly to fit for everything.

I would love to see a mix of Salmon Run and Side Order for a new co-op mode. The variability of a rogue-like mode and the chaos of a multiplayer mode would make runs a bit more different than in Salmon Run, resulting in a more diverse mode that would last longer without feeling repetitive.

I like Side Order, but when you get to a point where you have de kit you more or less like or are comfortable with, is almost floor 30, which makes it almost impossible to enjoy the upgrades you collected under the run.

You say this, but I regularly get put with multiple fellow players with a 5-10 series win streak, against teams with a 1-2 streak at best, and those matches have never ever been close.

Funnily enough, matchmaking actually seems better for me in Open (but even better in X rank)
Um, neat?

That's still S+ vs S+, while my advice was for someone that wanted to avoid C vs X

Back
Top Bottom