• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (World's End Splatfest announced)

The Scale rewards are just awful. It's literally been over a year since I got a gold, hah. I would be way more upset if I actually wanted most of the rewards, but... I do deem it a very broken reward. I will not bring for the Octoling Gear tho. It is not worth it, I can't even afford one piece.

And hm. I suppose some of those things makes sense, but it sure never feels like having a high ground is a good thing in this game. With how easy it is to be permanently spawn camped. The stage designs just don't seem to do a lot to let you make a comeback. Since there are rarely any paths to take. At least if I kept my special when I died, I'd be able to do SOMETHING when I return.
Rather than be killed over and over by a E-Liter who, very consistently for me, just ruins every match by sitting in the middle of the stage and one-shotting everyone over and over.

Remove the Chargers and Ninja Squid from the game (please) and make Bombs cost more, and then I'm sure the Special thing would be less annoying, cuz way too many matches in this game ends with you just dying constantly by your spawn by a endless barrage of snipers, bombs and specials.

I don't really like how overtuned everything feels in this game, haha.
Yeah, I could see a world where special charge gets retained on death but it'd require much less impactful specials overall and probably longer respawn times as well. And I agree that chargers are often unsatisfying to fight because if you get got then you just die, but if you evade a shot you don't really get the feedback for that either. So it's often correct to stay out of sightlines entirely, which can be tough... Bombs make it easier but that is just another point on why bombs are so good.

Yeah, I could see a world where special charge gets retained on death but it'd require much less impactful specials overall and probably longer respawn times as well. And I agree that chargers are often unsatisfying to fight because if you get got then you just die, but if you evade a shot you don't really get the feedback for that either. So it's often correct to stay out of sightlines entirely, which can be tough... Bombs make it easier but that is just another point on why bombs are so good.
I think my main issue is that the game is a bit overtuned compared to the other games, haha.
Splatoon 1 had Kraken and Inkstrike, but now you can make THREE Inkstrikes, and now the Kraken has a charge move. It feels like there is a lot like that, just 'more explosions/chaos' now. I think the game is a bit too chaotic compared to Splatoon 1 and 2.
Chargers I just personally loath fighting, but it is extra bad since a lot of the stages in this game are just very Narrow, haha.
But yeah
I do still like the game a lot, but I hope Splatoon 4 tones it down a bit

Beat Side Order with the Stringer and Splatling, leaving me with just the Slosher, Brush and Roller. And of course the Octoshot, once I unlock it.

I think Nintendo of America made a bit of a mistake. They also uploaded a video for Off the Hook, and the thumbnail/description says it's Color Pulse '24...

But this ain't Color Pulse '24. It's their second Splatfest song - a new track, just like with the Squid Sisters. And it's excellent, as to be expected.

If you were wondering "Why did the Floor Clear theme of Side Order get turned into the final boss music but the Boss Floor Clear theme was ignored?", we have our answer. They were saving it for this track!

EDIT: We got multiple reuploads, so although the official video is down, we still have the song:

Last edited:
RIP Squid Research Lab, Nogami has surely already sliced their throats and dabbed on their corpses

GI9ugmqbUAAaa2e

You're as beautiful as the day I lost you...

(Disregarding the Splatoon 3 faker)

So trying to get some matches in before mayday next month, Splatoon 1 feels weirdly basic and fresh at the same time. I forgot how unga bunga roller is in this game, and I love it.

Last edited:
GI9ugmqbUAAaa2e

You're as beautiful as the day I lost you...

(Disregarding the Splatoon 3 faker)

So trying to get some matches in before mayday next month, Splatoon 1 feels weirdly basic and fresh at the same time. I forgot how unga bunga roller is in this game, and I love it.
Ooh I should def het back to get some final matches in. I did more or less finish the game for myself by reaching S+ again last year as a final goodbye, but it's so good. Still my favourite in the series.

Anyone else get more angry at the pve modes than the PvP modes? Like the jellotons and salmonids are such jerks compared to real players imo. They just keep coming and don't care for you at all, just wombo combo hitting you without remorse over and over until you die

I like it but it feels like it should be a Splatfest Day 1 song rather than a Day 2 song, which I've always felt about Tomorrow's Nostalgia Today. Perhaps that's just today's nostalgia talking though...

Added splatfest poll! A bit late, but better late than never ;)

Also, seems like the main thread graphics broke, and it'll be a lot of effort to replace them all, so I may just remove them unfortunately 😅

The fast roller/brush challenge is HILARIOUS, I encourage people to try it out!
I didn't pay attention to the Challenge description at all beyond knowing that it was roller and brushes only, so I was absolutely caught off guard when I started the match with a vertical flick to lay down ink, only to see the rest of my crew just zoom off towards mid like they were maxed on Side Order mobility chips. :LOL:

Anyone else get more angry at the pve modes than the PvP modes? Like the jellotons and salmonids are such jerks compared to real players imo. They just keep coming and don't care for you at all, just wombo combo hitting you without remorse over and over until you die
Preach.

Absolutely love those outfit designs! Song seems really good but I don't think it's reaching the heights of Big Betrayal, gonna need to listen to it a bit more.

Funny how Pearl and Frye have an actual rap battle while Marina takes Shiver's backhanded compliments at face value and just compliments her back

I love this series.
I clicked this thread just to post that I love this game lol. This is now around 50 hours behind Super Smash Bros as being my most played Switch game. I’m sure I’ll clear it. I haven’t even completed the story mode for the game yet 😅.

The final Splatfest is going to be Squid Sisters vs Off the Hook vs Deep Cut, isn’t it?

Then they all do the big collab Big Man wanted.
Unfortunately because of Callie, I can't vote Sisters, so it's going to have to be Off the Hook.

Isn't it a bit weird to be called Squid Sisters in universe? Especially when their breakout hit is like... The national anthem based on genetically ingrained preferences.

"The Human Brothers" with their hit single "Marching Spell".

Actually. No. That tracks.

Worth waiting before declaring it definitively, but new content support may have been extended internally? Two new main weapons (in this context, unique weapons, not counting second or third kits) for Season 8 already existed in the game's files for awhile now (a Splatana and a Stringer), but with today's update there is now placeholder data for two more.

I think I'm sitting this Splatfest out since I'm rusty and the last time I went in rusty it was not a fun time. You all have fun!

The final Splatfest is going to be Squid Sisters vs Off the Hook vs Deep Cut, isn’t it?

Then they all do the big collab Big Man wanted.
It's either that or pick your favorite Deep Cut member like they've done in the past (although we sorta had that with choosing a leader).

Funny how Pearl and Frye have an actual rap battle while Marina takes Shiver's backhanded compliments at face value and just compliments her back
Actually, I kinda interpret it as Marina throwing the backhanded compliments back at her in a "why thank you, I learned that from you" sort of way, which is a sick burn. It's basically passive-aggressive judo.

The fact that this verse follows that one:

Fire and Ice definitely know what Pearl and Marina are.

Wow, that is unusually saucy for a Nintendo game, geez.

Worth waiting before declaring it definitively, but new content support may have been extended internally? Two new main weapons (in this context, unique weapons, not counting second or third kits) for Season 8 already existed in the game's files for awhile now (a Splatana and a Stringer), but with today's update there is now placeholder data for two more.

As with all these things, I wouldn't put money on it being anything beyond testing stuff for the future. It's easily possible it's the same as the rocket ranked mode stuff that was tested and got quite far in Splatoon 2 before they scrubbed the data, that never actually showed up as anything until Splatoon 3 Side order as the get the tower to the end stages

As with all these things, I wouldn't put money on it being anything beyond testing stuff for the future. It's easily possible it's the same as the rocket ranked mode stuff that was tested and got quite far in Splatoon 2 before they scrubbed the data, that never actually showed up as anything until Splatoon 3 Side order as the get the tower to the end stages

These two sitations aren't particularly comparable. The first reference to the scrapped rocket gamemode was found in September 2017; just two months into Splatoon 2's life, early enough for such a thing to be planned and worked on earnestly.

Season 8's content should've already been decided on awhile ago now; as I mentioned in the post the two weapons 100% set for Season 8 have already been in the files for months (had internal names; Saber_Heavy and Stringer_Explosion; in Season 6, alongside the new Dualies and Brella that showed up this current season), while the two new weapons in question are fresh, only now appearing in the 7.1.0 patch today.

While I don't want to get my hopes up too high, I could potentially see them extending support for one more season that covers Christmas/Holidays and the New Year as a big farewell.

Extending support another season makes sense considering they had to push back Switch 2 about 1-2 quarters. Not sure if this team has something ready to go for the new hardware yet but I could see them wanting to do something to bridge that time. Especially if the original plan was to roll right onto Splatoon 4 in the launch year of the new system. As people pointed out to me a ways back in this very thread, this genre of game usually has a 2-3 year shelf life anyways so we're about to the point where they're going to want to start talking about what's next for the series.

Extending support another season makes sense considering they had to push back Switch 2 about 1-2 quarters. Not sure if this team has something ready to go for the new hardware yet but I could see them wanting to do something to bridge that time. Especially if the original plan was to roll right onto Splatoon 4 in the launch year of the new system. As people pointed out to me a ways back in this very thread, this genre of game usually has a 2-3 year shelf life anyways so we're about to the point where they're going to want to start talking about what's next for the series.
I'm not sure we'll be getting Splatoon 4 in the Switch 2's first year when we haven't even gotten hide or hair of the next Animal Crossing. Unless Nintendo gets a lot more developers into that studio, I don't think Production Group 5 can handle the full-scale development of both AC and Splatoon concurrently.

My hunch is that those weapon slots are related to some special final fest mechanic, a super rainmaker or something, but we'll see soon enough
Those have been gotten from the Splashtag tags for main weapons, which weapon-esque objects (i.e. Rainmaker) aren't included in, so I dunno.

I'm not sure we'll be getting Splatoon 4 in the Switch 2's first year when we haven't even gotten hide or hair of the next Animal Crossing. Unless Nintendo gets a lot more developers into that studio, I don't think Production Group 5 can handle the full-scale development of both AC and Splatoon concurrently.
True and given the lack of anything AC related in the last 3 years I fully expect that’ll happen first, and probably it’s part of the reason the system was delayed.

My hunch is that those weapon slots are related to some special final fest mechanic, a super rainmaker or something, but we'll see soon enough

It's not this at least; these are brand new main weapons for regular versus play; not second/third kits, grizzo weapons or any mode-specific gimmick weapon.

production groups aren't real. they could easily put half of epd on both if they wanted to

Personally, I wouldn't want to see a new Splatoon that soon anyway unless it's a single-player spin-off, but if Nintendo really wanted, they probably could develop both games at once. Going through the credits, you'll find that Animal Crossing and Splatoon are two different teams that share maybe two dozen artists at this point. Nintendo's production group numbers are arguably more shorthand for "Person A produced this game, while some combination of persons B, C, and D acted as project leads" than they are anything else.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom