• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Sizzle Season 2024 announced)

What would you do at the world's end?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Splatoon 1 sunken scrolls and the artbook for the first game, as well general Splatoon official social media I think. It's been the case from the start at any rate; it's why the messages come in on a fax machine called the "voice from on high".
Huh I never caught that was a fax machine noise. I don’t recall getting all the scrolls in the first game so that’s cool it’s been explained from the start.

It would’ve been more amusing if the noise was more associated with the old “Everyone Votes” Wii channel.

I love when the game prevents your team from being able to pick up any eggs in the last 15s of salmon run the you all lose and get ranked down even tho it was an amazing team :)))

I think I need to stop playing this game until Splatoon 4. For my own sanity.

So... thinking about it, since we're getting near the (originally planned at least) set of content, and given that splatfests are actually old human broadcasts being picked up on... "what do you plan to do when the world ends" is pretty grim

This means Team "Save the Day" already lost.

Order should have won. Supreme Leader Marina never would have allowed such contemptuous contortions of her creations.
Hehe, it's quite fun, tho. Splatoon's world and items are based on some 80's/90's era. So playing my Switch via an HDMI-to-Scart adapter/converter to make everything look like it came from that era, is pretty awesome to me. 😜

I'm also that kind of person who loves the mix of Modern x Vintage stuff. ^^

All thanks to some random youtube recommendations.. 😅

GM4W3LdaEAAGWXD

Picked up the Salmon Run boots finally, and I like how they look with the Pearl fit.

So... what do we think the Switch successor means for Splatoon? Will we see a content extension on the new console? Or maybe even a whole new game or spinoff in the first year or so?

So... what do we think the Switch successor means for Splatoon? Will we see a content extension on the new console? Or maybe even a whole new game or spinoff in the first year or so?

I have this weird feeling they're going to extend Splatfests past September 2023 and still push backwards-compatible 3 on the new console for the first year and a half. Maybe a spinoff before then and then whatever Splatoon 4 looks like in mid 2026

Small seasons with only kits and events continue until 12 or 13. Switch 2 patch for season 11 or 12. Standalone Squid Beatz game, cross-gen, in 2025 with a couple new battle songs from it for the final season update.

Splatoon 3 content extension announced later this year (weapons and splatfests), Splatoon 4 announcement next year to coincide with the 10th anniversary but it won't be called "4" so as to signal a new era/soft reboot for the series, actual release will likely be 2026. Maybe a spinoff until then by some other studio.

Splatoon 1 sunken scrolls and the artbook for the first game, as well general Splatoon official social media I think. It's been the case from the start at any rate; it's why the messages come in on a fax machine called the "voice from on high".
I think that's partly because the fax machine with all the talismans on it is a remnant of when the Squid Sisters were outright shrine maidens and a bit of Early Installment Weirdness.

I think that's partly because the fax machine with all the talismans on it is a remnant of when the Squid Sisters were outright shrine maidens and a bit of Early Installment Weirdness.

Maybe I missed your point, but you still see the fax machine in splatfest announcements in 2 and 3, so it's not like they dropped it after the first game.

It doesn't really mean anything; they'll start development on 4 but it'll be a long way out. They're going to expect 3 to be enough to carry the franchise once the major updates end, with maybe reruns of events continuing. If they absolutely rush everything, the earliest we might see a splatoon 4 is the second half of 2026.

Small seasons with only kits and events continue until 12 or 13. Switch 2 patch for season 11 or 12. Standalone Squid Beatz game, cross-gen, in 2025 with a couple new battle songs from it for the final season update.

They're not going to patch their premiere online multiplayer game to give advantages to people running on newer hardware, that much I'm sure of.

Last edited:
They're not going to patch their premiere online multiplayer game to give advantages to people running on newer hardware, that much I'm sure of.
They already have handheld and docked modes, so by that logic players on Switch Lite have always been at a disadvantage. The main multiplayer modes are rock solid anyway, bumping up the resolution won't make any difference. It'll look a little sharper but that can't give you an advantage.

I clicked this thread just to post that I love this game lol. This is now around 50 hours behind Super Smash Bros as being my most played Switch game. I’m sure I’ll clear it. I haven’t even completed the story mode for the game yet 😅.
Update: Splatoon 3 ended up becoming my most played game this week. Also finally managed to complete the story mode (though not the final hard level yet) and cleared a Side Order run for the first time with the Stringer.

I'd love Triple Splashdown on my Hydra.
I do not like that special cuz it feels way too hard to dodge the giant explosion, but I'll gladly have it to destroy people trying to mess with my Hydra Boi.
Tho give it Ink Mine instead of Line Marker. I wanna be a defensive Hydra boi.

Wow look at that, a Splatfest art post on a Wednesday! How unusual, when they usually post them on Fridays! I wonder if that means anything!

(The same thing happened 3 months ago, with that fest's art being posted on Wednesday, and the trailer dropped a few hours later. So get ready to see the curse of Splashdown soon!)

So do we expect this to be the actual final 'notable new content'? This season?
I have not kept track if there is anything indicating one way or the other
I think the last originally planned Catalogue is the coming season, but we don't have clear confirmation whether it's the last bit of content overall. Personally I doubt it, given the sales of Splatoon 3 and Nintendo probably wanting it to keep selling through the holiday season. Unless it gets a next gen update (which I don't discount) this is realistically its last year of significance and I don't think Nintendo will want the updates to stop only halfway into it.

I think the last originally planned Catalogue is the coming season, but we don't have clear confirmation whether it's the last bit of content overall. Personally I doubt it, given the sales of Splatoon 3 and Nintendo probably wanting it to keep selling through the holiday season. Unless it gets a next gen update (which I don't discount) this is realistically its last year of significance and I don't think Nintendo will want the updates to stop only halfway into it.
Thank you kindly<3
And yeah that sounds about right. Probably the final proper Season, but I COULD see them, like, add some Returning Stage later on, and things like that. At least for a short bit.
I imagine they will wanna work hard (or already am) on a Splatoon 4 for Switch 2

Thank you kindly<3
And yeah that sounds about right. Probably the final proper Season, but I COULD see them, like, add some Returning Stage later on, and things like that. At least for a short bit.
I imagine they will wanna work hard (or already am) on a Splatoon 4 for Switch 2
What I HOPE is the case is that we see extended support for stages and weapon variarions, even if catalogs end, with a next gen patch so it's the "Switch 2 Splatoon" for the first year or so while they get 4 ready.

What I HOPE is the case is that we see extended support for stages and weapon variarions, even if catalogs end, with a next gen patch so it's the "Switch 2 Splatoon" for the first year or so while they get 4 ready.
That would be neat, tho I would not really mind if they stopped with updates after this Season, personally. The game is pretty big as is, haha.
Tho I'll obviously not say no to more stuff~
At least, like, give us Moray Towers...

I fear more stages may not be on the board... The Salmon Run stage added last season was confirmed to be the last SR stage already, so I think PvP stages will end as well. But who knows tbh, it should become clear with the tweet I think.

I can't say I've loved the season and catalogue format. A revised form wouldn't be bad at all with themed updates and daily play bonuses, just needs some tweaking.

There's no trailer because Shiver is doing the same ol' same ol', Frye is out living her dreams, and Big Man, after realizing that he isn't the hero he wishes he was, is cowering in a bunker panic-eating all his buckets of beans and rice.

Nah, I never expected a trailer this week. Next week or the week after at the latest, that's how these things usually go.
Funnily enough, I think most trailers were 2 weeks before the start of the season, such that there was time to detail everything through daily tweets in the leadup towards the release. So then the trailer should be expected this week!

Surprised there wasn't a trailer yet. It may still be later today, but likely tomorrow, which feels late for the "grand finale"
I'll keep saying it.

Far as I know, they never confirmed this coming season is the last one, just the last planned catalogue. Even without them extending support, support, other than new catalogues, may have always been planned. Final Fest might not be for a year and a half.

Like. The last major update dropping in May would mean a LOT less than two years of support. If we don't get a new Drizzle Season, we technically don't even get a full two year season cycle, because it didn't drop on the first of the month.

I think maybe this month COULD contain the final update, with the content going live for the "final" sizzle season... But I really doubt it. I think we get one last major update before the anniversary and minor updates (say, weapon variations) for a lot longer.

There's no trailer because Shiver is doing the same ol' same ol', Frye is out living her dreams, and Big Man, after realizing that he isn't the hero he wishes he was, is cowering in a bunker panic-eating all his buckets of beans and rice.
I love how the official art has him in a tie on the phone. He isn't punching the asteroid. He's coordinating the attack. Pretty cool.

I'll keep saying it.

Far as I know, they never confirmed this coming season is the last one, just the last planned catalogue. Even without them extending support, support, other than new catalogues, may have always been planned. Final Fest might not be for a year and a half.

Like. The last major update dropping in May would mean a LOT less than two years of support. If we don't get a new Drizzle Season, we technically don't even get a full two year season cycle, because it didn't drop on the first of the month.

I think maybe this month COULD contain the final update, with the content going live for the "final" sizzle season... But I really doubt it. I think we get one last major update before the anniversary and minor updates (say, weapon variations) for a lot longer.

You can keep saying it, but from the start they said two years of support and the amount of content has been decreasing significantly with the recent patches, and they've outright confirmed the salmon run map updates are done. The exact wording from the Splatoon 3 direct is "following the games launch, a new catalogue will be released every 3 months for two years". "New weapons will be added with each catalogue".

May isn't significantly less than two years because the content in the patch runs for several months and the may catalogue will cover the rest of the period.

It's not impossible there's more, but as of right now, assuming there will be is nothing but a flight of fancy when everything points to it wrapping up.

IMO I'm waiting for the Direct in case of an extended season announcement there. If there's nothing there, I think that'll be the end of 3 for sure.

The next update will likely give us the final new wave of stage, new catalague item and music. But they are going to give us half-season update for at least two with thirds kits, stages reworks, events and minor things like tableturf content and special gears before the final splatfest that I think will come around March (if we don't get even more additional new content for a next gen update and additional support to give a bit more momentum).

Just by looking at Splatfest, we have enough stages for a little less of a year of festival, and I'm pretty sure we are going to get Splatoween and Frosty Fest rerun so we can see Splat2 decorated plaza and Pearl/Marina outfits.

I think most splatoon player are just to focused on the stage additions and not the other side contents that point out to some extension.

Know what I'd love for Splatoon 4?
Every stage has it's own unique music track (like Mario Kart does with it's tracks).

I feel it would help each stage feel more unique if it had a song made specifically for it, instead.
With the option to have any song on any stage for Private battles and the likes, of course

Nah, I never expected a trailer this week. Next week or the week after at the latest, that's how these things usually go.
The week after next week would literally be the week when the season starts so I really doubt they'd do a trailer on this short notice. 2 weeks before the season, such that there's around 10 business days to tweet about the contents, has been the norm for every season unless I'm mistaken. The latest a trailer ever was was the 17th or 18th, if I'm not mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom