• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (World's End Splatfest announced)

What would you do at the world's end?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
At last, a challenge that befits my time zones, but sadly it's not one of those gimmick challenges. I even got to complete my card which I didn't get to do since the first one, and also got to get my rating which I didn't get to have from previous ones. Unfortunately, this is a very difficult challenge, because everything feels so cutthroat. I lost more than I won, and sometimes I wonder if I am in the bottom rung in ratings even though I got to 1978 something points.

It's interesting how Foggy Notion is a Turf War challenge that doesn't have "no secondary abilities" activated, which seems to me like those secondaries will be required for all the advantage that we can get.

Thank you for reading.

So i've been sinking my teeth into the single player campaign and i honestly didn't expect it to be this good. There's just so many fun and interesting ideas and (almost) each level introduces a new idea. Level design is top tier, on the same level as Mario in my opinion. Is that a bold take?

What i also didn't expect is all of that lore. I'm a big fan of good lore in games and it's executed so well here. Every time i complete a level i always go check to see the juicy new lore that got added.

I've also been playing a fair share of turf war, which is going pretty well actually. Better than i expected. I just unlocked the inkbrush and i love it. That will probably be my main weapon for a while.

So, yeah. 'Tis a good game!

At last, a challenge that befits my time zones, but sadly it's not one of those gimmick challenges. I even got to complete my card which I didn't get to do since the first one, and also got to get my rating which I didn't get to have from previous ones. Unfortunately, this is a very difficult challenge, because everything feels so cutthroat. I lost more than I won, and sometimes I wonder if I am in the bottom rung in ratings even though I got to 1978 something points.

It's interesting how Foggy Notion is a Turf War challenge that doesn't have "no secondary abilities" activated, which seems to me like those secondaries will be required for all the advantage that we can get.

Thank you for reading.
1978 doesn't seem that bad, tbh. It's top 20%, I'm sure :b

Is anyone ever consistently good? Like, no matter the network environment and stages/modes, their W:L ratio is always positive?
I have fun even when I'm losing, but sometimes I get some [losing] streaks where I think I'm not getting any better and won't ever achieve a good/top status. Like, even after thousands of hours invested in the games, I still doubt my skills.

I know there is a lot of randomness involved and the network code doesn't help, but I do wonder if I peaked too early.

Don't mind me, I'm just doing a little ranting cause I got a bit moody :p

Is anyone ever consistently good? Like, no matter the network environment and stages/modes, their W:L ratio is always positive?
I have fun even when I'm losing, but sometimes I get some [losing] streaks where I think I'm not getting any better and won't ever achieve a good/top status. Like, even after thousands of hours invested in the games, I still doubt my skills.

I know there is a lot of randomness involved and the network code doesn't help, but I do wonder if I peaked too early.

OP posts insane W:L on Twitter all the time

like 47:2 iirc

Since I hate the grind back to S+, my W:L is consistently positive. My skill level is low X but I'm sitting in S after the rank reset. The new ranking system has made ranking up annoying so I really only play Anarchy Open with my friends, or Salmon Run in solo queue.

So on a grander scale, no I'm not good. But I'm better than the people I play with when I hop into solo queue since I literally should not be in the rank I'm in.

It feels like the mid-season patch will only be after Splatfest, which is after mid-July since the Tricolour stage for Barnacle & Dime seems to be in the game, but I hope I'm wrong here! Most curious thing to see is how the sub weapons could be buffed, since a few of them could use some upgrades like Sprinkler and Angle Shooter.

1978 doesn't seem that bad, tbh. It's top 20%, I'm sure :b
And you would be right: it's my first silver, since the last one (first challenge) was a bronze for not playing it plenty.

Thank you for reading.

Is there any reason why you cannot super jump as Kraken? It used to be possible in Splatoon 1 and I'm missing it more than I thought I would tbh
That bothers me too. My best explanation is that since it they added end lag to it, they didn't want you to superjump away to avoid it, but like... why.

Fzi4V71aUAA7inE.jpg

So. Freaking. Cool!

Is there any reason why you cannot super jump as Kraken? It used to be possible in Splatoon 1 and I'm missing it more than I thought I would tbh
I am of the [unpopular?] opinion that Kraken shouldn't have been added to this game, so I'm glad the super jump wasn't back :p

I thought for sure the title "Splatoon's Evo Moment 37" must be overselling the clip, but turns out it's a fair description.

WOW!

Cool challenge. I played VERY defensively because everything was Ninja Squid + location based subs and specials, obviously.
And with the exception of a bamboo user twice, not a charger in sight (pun intended).

I feel the pool of players for this challenge (at this hour) was smaller than usual, because I got +2000 very early and during the two hours I constantly played with and against the same players. And with most victories I gained very little points (the last one was +4.7 😅), I ended up with ~2170. Hopefully is enough for top 5 :p

Also, plz Splatoon developers, if you are going to keep doing challenges that are so stressful for the eyesight, do them during Saturdays or Sundays. I beg of you! 🥺

Î gotta read up on how the rating calibration for events works. First one it seems to have started me out at around where my X-Rank power would be. This time I won all seeding matches and ended up around 1600, which reflects neither what I think my current matchmaking score is nor where I finished the last event.

Last edited:
Î gotta read up on how the rating calibration for events works. First one it seems to have started me out at around where my X-Rank power would be. This time I won all seeding matches and ended up around 1600, which neither reflects neither what I think my current matchmaking score is nor where I finished the last event.
I believe it uses your internal turf war rating for this one, which for most players is much lower than their internal anarchy rating

I believe it uses your internal turf war rating for this one, which for most players is much lower than their internal anarchy rating

Ooooh, that checks out. Outside of Splatfest I've practically played no Turf War matches at all. Time to grind those a bit before the next event using that mode to get the 20% badge.

I love stats! Thanks!

More players, lower ceiling.

wSVxPK6.png

I played during the first play window and besides seeing the same people constantly, getting to ~2170 was sloooooow.

Ooooh, that checks out. Outside of Splatfest I've practically played no Turf War matches at all. Time to grind those a bit before the next event using that mode to get the 20% badge.

That seems to be the case. In the two previous challenges, I also got +2100 but that range was top 20%.

A Monday + I suck with those weapons = 💀

So... I just got an email from Nintendo

Screenshot_20230630_123252_Chrome.jpg

The hand-drawn illustration in question?

20230630_123329.jpg

What is wrong with Nintendo and their reporting system...
Seems like a bunch of salty people mass-reported it and it gets automatically flagged, unfortunately... I think homophobes who play Splatoon are big mad they are outnumbered lmao

Yep, that seems like targeted reporting cause you probably kicked someone's butt during matches. I mean, there are A LOT of gay posts published daily and we don't see constant reports about those.

Also, I would have thought there was an actual person checking them and with enough critical thinking to determinate what's abuse/harassment, but alas :\

I think Painbrush shouldn't have to go through the windup animation again from a roll, there are just too many weaknesses that kill its uptime (terrible strafe speed so you have to reposition constantly which means going through the windup animation again and again and again, plus obviously the ink efficiency), at least give it something that adds depth to the weapon. It would be balanced because you'd either have to swim and recover ink but go through the animation again, or roll and lose even more ink but be able to act way faster, right now it just gets destroyed by stuff like Wiper with superior range and movement that makes it impossible to catch up to.

Even Dynamo at least has its absolutely massive hitbox (when it works) to justify its very similar weaknesses, Painbrush deserves a better roll. I really want this option most of all possible buffs because it would make it actually be able to do something in enemy territory.

2-2 on my rank up match, jump into the deciding game, get the worst teammates I've had in weeks. Sometimes it really be like that 😭

Seems like a bunch of salty people mass-reported it and it gets automatically flagged, unfortunately... I think homophobes who play Splatoon are big mad they are outnumbered lmao
Imagine being a homophobe who really likes Splatoon. Must be constant suffering. O lol.

I felt this Eggstra Work was much better than the first one, waves were way more fun.

I couldn't play with any friends, so I only got 202. I don't think it will be enough for top 5% :p

Gold (top 5%): 217 and up
Silver (top 20%): 178 and up
Bronze (top 50%): 143 and up

Requirements keep going up with each new event.

Rainmaker on Inkblot Academy is such a mess, lmao.

Also I'm happy with Silver for EW, I got 202 IIRC

I think Painbrush shouldn't have to go through the windup animation again from a roll, there are just too many weaknesses that kill its uptime (terrible strafe speed so you have to reposition constantly which means going through the windup animation again and again and again, plus obviously the ink efficiency), at least give it something that adds depth to the weapon. It would be balanced because you'd either have to swim and recover ink but go through the animation again, or roll and lose even more ink but be able to act way faster, right now it just gets destroyed by stuff like Wiper with superior range and movement that makes it impossible to catch up to.

Even Dynamo at least has its absolutely massive hitbox (when it works) to justify its very similar weaknesses, Painbrush deserves a better roll. I really want this option most of all possible buffs because it would make it actually be able to do something in enemy territory.
What do you mean by "roll" with the brush?

The brush equivalent of this?
0YCfHUF.png

Sorry if this is a silly question :p

What do you mean by "roll" with the brush?

The brush equivalent of this?
0YCfHUF.png

Sorry if this is a silly question :p
yeah

basically remove the startup animation every time I start swinging again after rolling (you'd still have to go through that animation if you were swimming instead of rolling)

Last edited:
My daughter said there is actual local co-op coming to this game via an update. She is 11. Can someone confirm this for me? I haven’t purchased splatoon 3 because of the lack of local co-op.

My daughter said there is actual local co-op coming to this game via an update. She is 11. Can someone confirm this for me? I haven’t purchased splatoon 3 because of the lack of local co-op.

The game isn't likely going to have local co-op on a single switch, if that's what you're asking. There's certainly no news on any update like that, unfortunately.

It's a very taxing game and it's not feasibly going to be able to run two instances on a single device, for many of the same reasons that local co-op went away in a whole lot of modern shooting games.

The game isn't likely going to have local co-op on a single switch, if that's what you're asking. There's certainly no news on any update like that, unfortunately.

It's a very taxing game and it's not feasibly going to be able to run two instances on a single device, for many of the same reasons that local co-op went away in a whole lot of modern shooting games.
Thanks for the reply. I didn’t think that was the case. Hopefully they can provide this on better hardware with Splatoon 4. If not then no biggie no purchase for me.

Far it be from me to attempt any parenting advice here, but given your history of posts asking about that in this thread, have you considered she might just want the game for herself and she doesn't quite get why you're not getting it?

Far it be from me to attempt any parenting advice here, but given your history of posts asking about that in this thread, have you considered she might just want the game for herself and she doesn't quite get why you're not getting it?
Not at all. I might get it for her. Her birthday is in a week. Even though it wasn’t on her list. I refuse to buy the game for myself. We will see what happens.

Now that I've gotten back into playing regularly, I rank Barnacle and Dime a Meh/10. It's not particarly good or interesting, which is a shame since I thought the Ruins map was pretty great.

Now that I've gotten back into playing regularly, I rank Barnacle and Dime a Meh/10. It's not particarly good or interesting, which is a shame since I thought the Ruins map was pretty great.
Funnily enough, every brand new post-launch map so far has had the exact same reaction from me: good on Clam Blitz, serviceable on Splat Zones and horrible on the rest

How is Brinewater zones serviceable? It's the worst mode there if you ask me
It's easily better than TC and RM but definitely the least "serviceable" Zones map out of the 3

I think its saving grace is that it's not very lockout-heavy on Zones which gives it a big point over most maps in the game

Edit: Post below perfectly describes it ⬇️

Last edited:
How is Brinewater zones serviceable? It's the worst mode there if you ask me
The flanks don't get worse as the objective progresses and similarly the map's gimmick of being able to have an impact on the low ground from the high ground or vice/versa doesn't disappear the moment the objective goes below 60.

Basically Brinewater TC and RM turn into Hammerhead Bridge once a team pushes past mid (same for the other 2 dlc maps really). Though I understand where you're coming from if your problem with Zones is the long range weapons having so much control on the game, it easily becomes overwhelming

Brinewater Zones is good because the zone is so tiny that a single shot from a bunch of weapons can put it into a neutral state, which isn't feasible on all the other single zone stages.

I've been thinking some more about new weapons for the classes which have yet to get one.

For the brellas my concept is the Mai-Tea Brella, a paper drink umbrella. When the player jumps while holding the Mai-Tea in front of them they twirl the brella, launching all the ink off of it and resetting its damage to 0 but reducing its maximum HP with each successive twirl. The twirl would not impact its rate of fire. My gut says it would start at 300 HP and would lose 50 HP with each twirl until it reaches a minimum of 50. It would regain HP when not in use a little slower the undercover, 25HP per second. It would not launch and regenerate after a bit when broken like the normal and tenta brellas. The brella itself would be identical in size to the undercover's but the player would be slightly less mobile. Overall it would serve as a tanky but fragile weapon best suited for support roles but capable of going on the offensive and plowing through the enemy when used by a skilled player. The vanilla kit would be burst bomb and tacticooler.

Brinewater is a worse Splat Zone map in comparison to other Splat Zones maps than its Rainmaker and Tower Control variants, which don't seem far off from all the other bad Rainmaker and Tower Control maps in the game.

And I like Barnacle and Dime better than both previous new maps. Could be related to the fact it's the map I've spend the least time on, though.

Brinewater Zones is good because the zone is so tiny that a single shot from a bunch of weapons can put it into a neutral state, which isn't feasible on all the other single zone stages.

That'd be a reason why it's bad. Zones shouldn't be so tiny a single special can instantly flip them. That means the only way to stay in control is if the map also has a choke-point which the defenders then have no choice but to exploit. The ideal state would be more open maps with zones big enough that attackers have to use specials to get a number advantage before they can paint the zone or they get a number advantage and then use a special to lock in the zone off of that.

Back
Top Bottom