• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Sizzle Season 2024 announced)

What would you do at the world's end?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The game truly is just Spawncamp Simulator now, isn't it. I may have to take another looong break and hope them finally remove Snipers from the game and make stages that aren't a thin line. -w-
10 losses in a row, with different lobbies, nearly all because it's all about who rushes the middle first to spawncamp the other while their sniper murders anyone that dares to actually play the game.
I stand by that Chargers are horribly designed and has been since day 1.

The game has balance problems, the existence of chargers isn't one of them.

The way you're framing your issue, even if they did remove snipers, you'd only immediately move the same complaint on to the next longest range weapon.

Eh, I would not, snipers being one-shot and super long ranged just works so bad, imo, with the low tic rate of the game. I don't mind most other long ranged things. I just really hate the E Liter hitting me after I was clearly already behind cover.
The snipers feels like such a much bigger issue nowadays when so many of the stages offers so little ways to actually get around, because of the chokepoints.
I don't like how much of a rushdown the game is right now. Make the Brella useable so I at least have a shield.

Hope Team Mint Chocolate Chip is out there doing well this time as I can’t play this weekend
I will fight for Big Man and his Mintyness.
Granted, I am not sure how much Mint Flavoured Ice Cream I have actually had before.
But Mint makes things better, soooo, close enough.

Damn, people here dislike strawberry ice cream huh?
I get it tho, strawberry ice cream really isn't that amazing unless it's top notch quality. The other 2 flavors are more consistently good imo.

I get it tho, strawberry ice cream really isn't that amazing unless it's top notch quality. The other 2 flavors are more consistently good imo.
Strawberries just do not taste good at all.
Yet I force-feed myself with loads of our self-grown ones, cuz they are very healthy.
But, I can at least say, small blips of Strawberry ice cream, combined with vanilla and chocolate, is nice thanks to the combination

Awww man I wanted to do the Duos challenge but missed it. Hope it comes back, these periods are too short.

Strawberry ice cream, like so many 'strawberry' flavoured things, doesn't even taste like strawberry. Vanilla is great... with other things. Mint choc chip can stand alone, since it's already got the thing it needs mixed in. Though I admit, as an adult, anything that tastes too strongly of mint is inedible because of the pavlovian response toothpaste has caused...

I'm confused, I thought the Splatfest was this past weekend?
Voting started last week, actual event is this weekend.

The developers didn't confirm when a new balance patch is coming, though I sort of fear that they won't be releasing one any time soon, since the Tricolor map after the next one had been datamined (Eeltail Alley) so they might not be pressed to release a new patch any time soon.

The biggest thing I would love to see is how they will make the subpar sub weapons better. So for example, a lot of them could do with an ink reduction, like Curling Bomb (which for some reason is still 70% despite its shrunken explosion normally) or Sprinkler (I feel that it is too ink consuming even though you only deploy one). Oh, and also hoping to see how Super Chump gets buffed, since as an exclusive special weapon, it's still not quite there.

Thank you for reading.

I LOVE CARBON

I was just randomly matched against Lucyfer and lost as usual, my gameplay's not good enough to be interesting in stream lol :(

But you are! Seriously, you're probably one of the top players in this thread. And you know your stuff (I've seen you demonstrate it).

Eh, I would not, snipers being one-shot and super long ranged just works so bad, imo, with the low tic rate of the game. I don't mind most other long ranged things. I just really hate the E Liter hitting me after I was clearly already behind cover.
The snipers feels like such a much bigger issue nowadays when so many of the stages offers so little ways to actually get around, because of the chokepoints.
I don't like how much of a rushdown the game is right now. Make the Brella useable so I at least have a shield.
I think the real issues are map design + tick rate. The weapon isn't unfair to battle against and the problems you described could be fixed without actually modifying chargers.
But I do understand your frustration and I get it. For me, the way the Splatanas' vertical slash paints/damages in a platform's edge don't feel fair.

kA8FGuB.png

That doesn't seem right and it shouldn't work like that.

I am #TeamStrawberry in spirit. I LOVE strawberry flavors, but it wasn't my turn to pick a team and my friends wanted vanilla :p
Strawberry >> Vanilla >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chocolate >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mint anything 🤮

Last edited:
The developers didn't confirm when a new balance patch is coming, though I sort of fear that they won't be releasing one any time soon, since the Tricolor map after the next one had been datamined (Eeltail Alley) so they might not be pressed to release a new patch any time soon.

The biggest thing I would love to see is how they will make the subpar sub weapons better. So for example, a lot of them could do with an ink reduction, like Curling Bomb (which for some reason is still 70% despite its shrunken explosion normally) or Sprinkler (I feel that it is too ink consuming even though you only deploy one). Oh, and also hoping to see how Super Chump gets buffed, since as an exclusive special weapon, it's still not quite there.

Thank you for reading.

They did confirm the time frame.

"Our next update is planned for the middle of Sizzle Season 2023 and will primarily focus on balance adjustments."

Now, whether that's this week or next week, nobody knows. But it will be relatively soon.

But you are! Seriously, you're probably one of the top players in this thread. And you know your stuff (I've seen you demonstrate it).

I think the real issues are map design + tick rate. The weapon isn't unfair to battle against and the problems you described could be fixed without actually modifying chargers.
But I do understand your frustration and I get it. For me, the way the Splatanas' vertical slash paints/damages in a platform's edge don't feel fair.

kA8FGuB.png

That doesn't seem right and it shouldn't work like that.

I am #TeamStrawberry in spirit. I LOVE strawberry flavors, but it wasn't my turn to pick a team and my friends wanted vanilla :p
Strawberry >> Vanilla >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chocolate >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mint anything 🤮
Yeah I imagine the biggest issue (I have) with them is that the game's way of showing you the Sniper aim, the Laser Sight, just do not really work, because in your view, you will often die before they visually look at you.
Tho overall I just find Snipers so un-fun to fight against, whenever one of them is in play, the entire match feels like it revolves around them, because you have to play completely different.
They feel worse to fight against now when most maps are so narrow, it is so hard to move around.

Ah, the Splatanas are also very whack, yeah. I do not mind them AS much, but man are they hard to fight against. They, as you say, hit you so easily no matter where you are, it feels XD

Oh yeah I completely missed what causes that.
The firstbumps, what causes it to happen? I see it often enough but no idea why XD

Both players need to have three gold medals, and be using emotes from the same category according to this chart:

image.png
The height difference between the hands doesn't seem that big. They should update the compatibility with upper-middle and middle-lower (at least).

The bump is (and feels) really cool/good, so it's a bit sad that some emotes will be less popular because of it.

They did confirm the time frame.

"Our next update is planned for the middle of Sizzle Season 2023 and will primarily focus on balance adjustments."

Now, whether that's this week or next week, nobody knows. But it will be relatively soon.
If it were, I don't think it would be before the Splatfest but I hope that I am wrong here and they do indeed make adjustments before the Splatfest takes place. Otherwise, it might probably be the week after Splatfest ends.

Thank you for reading.

Both players need to have three gold medals, and be using emotes from the same category according to this chart:

image.png
Ooooh, it's Medal Based? Gotcha gotcha, thank you. That is cool. ^^
I figured only some poses were compatable as well, that checks out, haha.

During last weekend, I finally achieved VP 999 on a stage (Jammin' Salmon Junction) and did Hazard Level Max waves.

0HDJwJm.jpeg

Z7oPdoM.jpeg

It felt amazing! Why? Because the map is so, so good. When it first released, my initial thought was that JSJ was way too big and that made it harder to complete waves (not because of the enemies, but because of the basket/eggs).
But this map is actually a great training point, it teaches you how to properly play and the one key to clearing most waves: luring. If you don't lure the bosses, you're toast.

Around VP 400~500, the game finally matches you with people who know how to play and it was sooooo freaking amusing.
The random weapons + Grizzco blaster (so fun to use!) helped enormously, cause it kept each wave/shift fresh and distinct enough (I still don't think the weapons have the same chances of being selected, tho :p)

I doubt I will try to reach 999 again in other stages because of the invested time needed:
From 10pm on Saturday to 5am on Sunday, I teamed up with an European friend and we got to ~500. I had my Sunday completely free, so I decided to play solo from 3pm to 7pm and got to ~850. I resumed at 9pm and exactly at 11pm I cleared the wave for 999.

It was the perfect storm for me:
  • Excellent map
  • Random weapons
  • Grizzco blaster
  • Friend was free on Saturday night
  • Sunday schedule completely empty

It really, really sucks that you have to start from 40 each time and only after 300~400 you get matched with good players. Getting there is the actual difficult part 😔.
It wouldn't be so bad if you could get more than 20 points for clearing the stage if you met certain requirements or overperformed. I'd love if they implemented that and improved the golden scale drop rate (only got like 2 freaking golden ones during the whole ordeal 😐)

BTW, @PillFencer, I just realized we have almost the same # :p

TQYCpK5.jpeg

Last edited:
Question
Have the developers mentioned anything regarding how the stages works in Splatoon 3? Or like, do we know if someone new is handling them or something?
I just really do not like this new 'everything is a meat grinder choke hold' stage design, even the returning stages were changed to be like this.
Before, I could usually do something on the side if I needed a second of breather from the heat of battle, and still be useful, but now it is 100% battle all the time, and it causes so much Spawn Camping.
While I still love the game, the stages really brings it down as the worst of the 3 games for me, as a whole, they are just not nearly as fun to play on.
I am worried if they bring back Saltspray and just ruin it by making it a straight line or something

Question
Have the developers mentioned anything regarding how the stages works in Splatoon 3? Or like, do we know if someone new is handling them or something?
I just really do not like this new 'everything is a meat grinder choke hold' stage design, even the returning stages were changed to be like this.
Before, I could usually do something on the side if I needed a second of breather from the heat of battle, and still be useful, but now it is 100% battle all the time, and it causes so much Spawn Camping.
While I still love the game, the stages really brings it down as the worst of the 3 games for me, as a whole, they are just not nearly as fun to play on.
I am worried if they bring back Saltspray and just ruin it by making it a straight line or something
All we know is that they were looking to hire a new stage designer shortly after the game was announced

And it shows, because pre-release versions of Scorch Gorge and Eeltail Alley from trailers are way different and unfortunately actually look a lot better

All we know is that they were looking to hire a new stage designer shortly after the game was announced

And it shows, because pre-release versions of Scorch Gorge and Eeltail Alley from trailers are way different and unfortunately actually look a lot better
Oh yeah, I remember ProChara showing the stages seemed different in pre-release ._. That sucks.
While all the stages are not 100% bad, they do overall feel just worse, than the past games, which is a bummer.
I miss being able to be fighting in the lower portion of Saltspray, on my own, while battles went on at the top part, far away. Stages are so small, narrow and compact now.
Thank you tho. I hope we'll get at least one stage that feels more open and less grinder-y, haha.

So when will they bring back SaltSpray Rig and that one other Splatoon 1 stage I do not remember the name of?
Are there just 2 Splatoon 1 stages that has never returned?

So when will they bring back SaltSpray Rig and that one other Splatoon 1 stage I do not remember the name of?
Are there just 2 Splatoon 1 stages that has never returned?
Three: Saltspray Rig, Urchin Underpass and Bluefin Depot

I'm curious if we'll get any double returning stages? I'd love Piranha Pit and Ancho-V Games back again

Three: Saltspray Rig, Urchin Underpass and Bluefin Depot

I'm curious if we'll get any double returning stages? I'd love Piranha Pit and Ancho-V Games back again
Damn, I somehow forgot Urchin. I used to really like the stage, why I forget.
Thank you tho. I also remember Bluefin Depot being very huge and very open. The good ol days of slower matches, haha.
Do please return Piranha Pit, at least, yes. I like stages that have big seperate areas, outside of the main battle area.

"Moray Towers you say? can do"

As much as I don't like the map, I have to say, I'm almost eager to see how they could possibly mess with the map to make it a linear corridor of unapproachable chokepoints.

I like Moray Towers tbh. I want it back, but then I realize, yeah, how would they ruin it...
It sucks when 'how would they ruin THIS thing' is what always comes to mind for returning stages now.

Splatoon 3 has retroactively wiped a lot of complaints I assume I must have had about maps in 1 and 2 from my memory.

A couple of days ago I realise I'm basically only playing salmon run, and the map design of the main game probably has a ton to do with it. I haven't even bothered to unlock X rank again this season, and I doubt I'm going to. Rank up battles suck ass.

Team Vanilla is gonna run away with this one. Just won 6 straight, and would have been 7, easily, if one player hadn't dropped before the match ended.

I don't want Saltspray back if it's gonna be turned into just another 3 stage. It had such character and jank.

Anyways, time to dive into the Splatfest - go Mint Chip!

I don't want Saltspray back if it's gonna be turned into just another 3 stage. It had such character and jank.

Anyways, time to dive into the Splatfest - go Mint Chip!
Go Mint!!
Also, yeah, sitting on those slow elevators to get up to the upper middle area... stuff like that never appears in their stages anymore. I miss Splatoon 1's weird experimental stage jank a lot.
Stages felt more, like, 'organic' and unique, now it is almost just boxes and all stages blend together visually and in concept, somehow. THey just don't stick out.

Back
Top Bottom