• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (World's End Splatfest announced)

I wish I could give you my impressions on Um'ami Ruins. But I'm on my seventh visit to the Museum.

EDIT: Eight time - and complaining about it - is the charm. Finally got to book a trip to the Ruins. The closest I can compare the stage to is Humpback Pump Track. Don't have time to put in another seven shifts at the Museum to earn a chance to refine those feelings on Ruins. For now, I like it!

Can't play tonight because I need to get stuff done, but I have Dude on in the background while I work and his enthusiasm has me hyped

His reaction to the pole in Wahoo World confirmed him once again as best Splatuber.

My immediate first impressions is Kraken is pretty strong and Super Chump feels like pre-buff Super Ink Strike.

I'm feeling the opposite way on Kraken. Then again, I've only seen it on open maps, so far. Would be a different story in packed quarters. Might still be the strongest panic special, though.

Super Chump is the first special that's fun if you're on the receiving end. Gotta pop those bobbleheads! Not exactly threatening, though, you're right.

Kraken is nuts. It's 7 seconds of "pay full attention to me or instantly die", that's an insanely long window for teammates to take advantage of even if Kraken struggles to get kills on its own

Sad super chump is so comically weak. The confusion of the super jump markers is going to wear off quickly and make it only strong if used in the last 10 seconds of a turf war match. Plus it's really awkward to aim and deploy (feels like it should be set to R, not ZR)

We do have a 'Famiboards' Pool going if anyone wants to join, although I have no idea how my Aussie internet will mix with most of yours 😅 Anyways time to check out the Ruins and Manta Maria.

So...I think the Tri-Slosher Nouevau is a fun weapon. It probably will have a place in the meta.

...I just wish my game would give me a fucking change to PLAY this weapon.

My last 5 games

2 Tri-Slosher Nouveas, 2 Big Swig Rollers VS 1 Splash-o-Matic, 2 .96 Gals, Hydra Splatling
3 Tri-Slosher Nouevas, 1 Krak-on Roller VS 2 Splas-o-Matics, 1 Jet Squelcher, Z+F Splattershot
4(!) Tri-Slosher Nouevas VS 1 Krak-On Roller, 1 Jet Squelcher, 1 Jet Dualies, 1 Hydra Splatling
1 Tri-Slosher Noueva, 3 Big Swig Rollers VS 2 Jet Dualies, 1 .96 Gal, E-Liter 4k
4(!) Tri-Slosher Nouevas, vs 2 .96 Gal, 1 Jet Squelcher, Z+F Splattershot

My last 15 are similiar.

Game...game...what the fuck am I supposed to do against such comps? Can someone tell me? We cannot even leave our base because the enemy can kill us from comfortably far away while all of us need to get right up close to them. I've suffered 15 Knockouts and it doesn't feel fair. And it clearly isn't "There isn't enough of one class to easily divide it, I got only a single match where it was one Tri-Slosher.

From what I can tell using the new specials, Kraken needs a slight nerf and Super Chump a moderate buff.

Is the Horroboros in the game right now, or debuting this weekend?

Kraken is actually breaking the game the moment it gets put on a real weapon. The charge attack is stupidly spammable, makes the knockback downside completely negligible

SRL saw the meta complaints and said "fuck it, y'all want the old back, take the early Splatoon 1 meta"

I mean I’m no Splatoon veteran or anything, and I will say the Kraken is strong, I do find it hard to control, but it also has a tonne of end lag making it easy to revenge kill

Also I did some turf war and fucking super chump is everywhere 😂
These new weapons are kind of cool, do wish there was some more variance tho

For anyone looking to find Tableturf Battles online, simply put 'tableturf' into the Pool name, then selecting the Tableturf option above Private Battle in the Match menu. Just walk to the second floor and you should meet some people!

Last edited:
I noticed too:
Yeah, though now that I think about it I've been getting matched against more non-japanese players (presumably at least, going by the names), so that could be the reason why. Maybe on updates the game gets more players and it's easier to match.

Manta Maria is absolutely the biggest map in the game, right? It’s nice to have some time before both teams are clashing.

Fighting krakens feels absolutely terrible. The startup is still way too short, and then you're just forced to deal with it for 8 seconds with no counterplay besides desperately trying to dodge it. I'm actually kinda upset they were like "yup this is okay to add"

So I did manage to get a team with the N-Zap '85 and a Tri-Slosher. I can confirm that dual tacticooler can be stupid fun, Just non stop aggression combined with a fast respawn means you can just charge the enemy without worrying too much about repercussions.

Super Chump seems like a harmless disruptor. Outside of the first couple of times, you won't be falling for them again. It would be cool to be able to coordinate with your teammates super jumps.

I can already see people complaining about the Kraken almost the same way as with the Crab. It feels a little too OP and dealing with it will come down to run, hide and wait.

And this might be an unpopular opinion, but I think Booyah Bomb needs a small buff to its shield and landing.

Does anyone know how to tell what king salmonid there is? I heard that they're locked per rotation, but have been unable to find which king is in the current one. Is Horrorboros already there or will its first appearance be at the big run?

Does anyone know how to tell what king salmonid there is? I heard that they're locked per rotation, but have been unable to find which king is in the current one. Is Horrorboros already there or will its first appearance be at the big run?

The current salmon run is still cohozuna because it started before the season did.

It might change to Horrorboros when a new shift starts, but that isn't yet clear.

There was speculation the icon showing cohozuna will change to something else but idk if that panned out.

I think Kraken is fine once the season hype dies down and not everyone is running the same weapons. The weapons Kraken is on have enough flaws that it shouldnt be turned into a problem like Crab. That being said i think the duration should be reduced to its original of 5 seconds.

We do have a 'Famiboards' Pool going if anyone wants to join, although I have no idea how my Aussie internet will mix with most of yours 😅 Anyways time to check out the Ruins and Manta Maria.
I just read about the pool feature and I'm desperate to be in the Fami one, can I join? Where do I find the password?

I've been playing S3 a lot the past week or so, I'm not great and don't really know all the ins and outs (reading this thread has me seriously scratching my head lol), but not the worst at it. I'd just love to play in a regular group instead of with randoms.

It will debut during Big Run, afterwards it will alternate with Cohozuna. Not sure if there's a way to tell, but I assume Oatmealdome's Website will have the info

at this point if they arent gonna add new match music i wish theyd just give me in game sliders for music and sound effects so i could turn music down, crank sound effects up and just listen to my own music while playing

I have to get to what catalogue level to get the twirling emote?

Dammit. Guess I've got to play a lot of Splatoon now

They removed the inkable block on the left side of Manta in RM and TC, now the route only exists in CB.
image.png

You can jump from the Rainmaker checkpoint but it's farther and less safe, the whole point of the block was to allow attackers to avoid a chokepoint and give defenders a way to retreat
Lmao this was such a dumb decision. Now this spot is perfect to park the rainmaker when you're ahead and just stall. Keeping this would not have impacted the checkpoints in any way

So do we have an official 'pool' for Famiboards? I'm assuming it's "Famiboards," but nobody's in there right now.

Super Chump seems like a harmless disruptor. Outside of the first couple of times, you won't be falling for them again. It would be cool to be able to coordinate with your teammates super jumps.

I can already see people complaining about the Kraken almost the same way as with the Crab. It feels a little too OP and dealing with it will come down to run, hide and wait.

And this might be an unpopular opinion, but I think Booyah Bomb needs a small buff to its shield and landing.
I don't know, a dual Super Chump won a weekly tournament. It seems like it's main job is to force a player to focus on either it or the player. It definitely is a team based special but you can get a lot of milege out of it.

I don't know, a dual Super Chump won a weekly tournament. It seems like it's main job is to force a player to focus on either it or the player. It definitely is a team based special but you can get a lot of milege out of it.
Well, it's already better than the other special that depends [a lot] on your team. Poor Ink Vac :(, whenever I see a teammate using it, I rush to help/protect them/watch their back and sides.

Is there a video or stream of this tournament?

super chump seems like yet another attempt to make healthier missiles

would love to see the balloons get more hp, do more damage, or both

From what I can tell using the new specials, Kraken needs a slight nerf and Super Chump a moderate buff.

Is the Horroboros in the game right now, or debuting this weekend?

Horroboros is in the game but I don't know if it will have a rotation before the Big Run

super chump seems like yet another attempt to make healthier missiles

would love to see the balloons get more hp, do more damage, or both

I would shorten the time to explosion, right now it is much too generous

One day and I'm already fed up with S rank matchmaking.

The most offensive thing about Kraken is how certain weapons absolutely gimp it and others are free kills. That gross discrepancy is just a fundamentally unfixable flaw.

I am so fed up of never actually being able to fight these damn King Salmonids because me and my team can never make it past Round 3 :(

So do we have an official 'pool' for Famiboards? I'm assuming it's "Famiboards," but nobody's in there right now.

I joined FAMIBOARDS. I don’t know if it’s case sensitive. I think there’s at least one person in there but kind of hard to tell how it works

One day and I'm already fed up with S rank matchmaking.

The most offensive thing about Kraken is how certain weapons absolutely gimp it and others are free kills. That gross discrepancy is just a fundamentally unfixable flaw.
yeah I'm pretty fucking pissed that as a krakon roller my kraken just gets brushed off by shooters while when I have to deal with one I'm immediately dead

Playing with Custom Jet and its fine but I surprisingly miss Angle Shooter at times; especially on flat maps like Mahi Mahi. In solo, if you end up with a more supportive team (i.e. Blobber, Explosher). If Ink Vac, Ink Storm, Angle Shooter, and Toxic Mist never get any noticeable buffs, I would like for Jet to have 19 AP of the range MPU gave in Splatoon 2 OR just bump its damage up to 33.33 which would make the regular Jet more vivable and rewarding with Angle Shooter while also allowing for the main weapon to get more consitent kills overall.

In Splatoon 2, I never used Thermal Ink because you usually know where ppl are when playing Jet. But in Splatoon 3, not having burst bombs to poke ppl out of corners makes me want to not only know where ppl are but also what they are doing. Thus, Thermal Ink is becoming valuable to me personally. Its kinda fun baiting out some weapons, like I did with the Nautilus here.

Overall, satisfied with Custom Jet but wishing it was better.

Back
Top Bottom