• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Soul Hackers 2 announced, coming to PS4/5, XSX/S, XBO and Steam this August

loving the female MC and her stylin tho, reminds me of Ragyo from Kill la Kill.

also just how long has it really been for Atlus since a fem-locked MC was a thing? like 20 years? P2? kinda crazy

If this game can't even be released on Switch, you should be ready for Persona 6. Not a fan of the aesthetic, I really liked TMS but this time the characters seem bland to me.
I might give it a chance when it will come out, undoubtedly, day one on Gamepass.

I'm still shocked that it's releasing on everything but the Switch. Atlus being Atlus yes but I just couldn't expect they being that dumb in fucking 2022. Probably gonna be another Kimetsu no Yaiba situation where they release it on everything but Switch, it bombs in Japan(but with that one it'll actually bomb harder as its also niche af), and then release a port the spring of the following year.

If this game can't even be released on Switch, you should be ready for Persona 6. Not a fan of the aesthetic, I really liked TMS but this time the characters seem bland to me.
I might give it a chance when it will come out, undoubtedly, day one on Gamepass.

Is anyone seriously expecting Persona 6 on Switch?

Just read a tweet about 'Atlus finally trying SMT without being kneecapped by weak and aging hardware for once'.
Like, is there anything in this trailer that scream next gen SMT to you ??

The console logos of PS5 and Xbox Series.

No switch sucks and is odd. But shrug not like I don’t already have enough to play

Is it really odd when this keeps on happening on Nintendo platforms? SF6 won’t appear on Switch either and the same with the last Resident Evil titles. Even if Switch 2 sits between PS4 Pro and Xbone X with DLSS many games won’t appear on Nintendo Switch 2 because of reasons

The hope to see JP 3rd parties comprehensively support a Nintendo platform
frozen-let-it-go.gif

;p

I'm still shocked that it's releasing on everything but the Switch. Atlus being Atlus yes but I just couldn't expect they being that dumb in fucking 2022. Probably gonna be another Kimetsu no Yaiba situation where they release it on everything but Switch, it bombs in Japan(but with that one it'll actually bomb harder as its also niche af), and then release a port the spring of the following year.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure how the people behind this decision got it to pass by the board.

"Look, we know the Switch is a global phenomenon and these other platforms are basically dead in Japan but we REALLY feel good about this, trust us"

Is it really odd when this keeps on happening on Nintendo platforms? SF6 won’t appear on Switch either and the same with the last Resident Evil titles. Even if Switch 2 sits between PS4 Pro and Xbone X with DLSS many games won’t appear on Nintendo Switch 2 because of reasons
This isn’t a leading franchise and is getting ported to literally everything else and Atlus has been porting all sorts of stuff to switch, and even had one of their leads be exclusive. And Japan is a lead market and this is a sequel to a 3DS remake. And this isn’t that high style. If anything this is a show up with a switch version in a Nintendo direct month late sort of situation

I mean they’re publishing a 13 sentinels port. So yeah when something like this fits the switch’s portfolio and target market while being from a company that’s been pretty tight with Nintendo, yeah I’m going to be surprised

Is anyone seriously expecting Persona 6 on Switch?
People should certainly not, but I fear we'll see some similar reactions once that one is announced. Calling it now that P6 is 100% skipping Switch, and to round it all off, will probably even be PS5 exclusive. (Personally wish they'd at least also put it on PC, but ... well ...)

People should certainly not, but I fear we'll see some similar reactions once that one is announced. Calling it now that P6 is 100% skipping Switch, and to round it all off, will probably even be PS5 exclusive. (Personally wish they'd at least also put it on PC, but ... well ...)

If Persona 6 is PS5 only that would be all the confirmation I’d need that Sony is indeed throwing money at Altus for the series.

While I’m personally not expecting it I wouldn’t be shocked if Persona 6 hits the same platforms as Soul Hackers 2 is.

lol just got a question on my Soul Hackers announcement on ebay thats been up for months with zero activity. Got something good from all this.

Just read a tweet about 'Atlus finally trying SMT without being kneecapped by weak and aging hardware for once'.
Like, is there anything in this trailer that scream next gen SMT to you ??

Its impossible to know for sure but I imagine unlike SMTV the grass and shadows won’t pop in literally in front of you. That’ll be nice.

I do wonder whether the WiiU's commercial performance and software sales could have influenced the team's choice on which platforms to target with their next project.

This post is unnecessarily snarky and seems designed to rile people up. - Donnie, Bozpaggs, Rika, hologram
It's sad no one owns a ps4 so this won't sell...sad that the only console is the switch.... really makes ya stink...

I do wonder whether the WiiU's commercial performance and software sales could have influenced the team's choice on which platforms to target with their next project.
Considering this has apparently been in development since 2018 (when the Switch was clearly a already successful platform worldwide) I don't know why the Wii U's failure would factor into things.

Lmao, apparently dataminers found Switch logo on Soul Hackers 2 website? Edit: it could mean nothing though.

Going to give this a year before picking it up on PS or Steam. Ignoring Switch seems borderline insane (it'd be full insanity if there wasn't a PS4 version) given the genre and the current market conditions. Either this is a Demon Slayer / Catherine situation or this needs a New Switch to run acceptably which would be surprising considering Neo TWEWY looks fine on Switch with a similar aesthetic.

I've got plenty in my backlog and this year is chock full as it is. Plus my copy of the 3DS game is still sitting in shrinkwrap.

Lmao, apparently dataminers found Switch logo on Soul Hackers 2 website? Edit: it could mean nothing though.
They found a Stadia logo too lol. Yeah that means nothing.

Sounds about right for that late port lol.

I don’t have any experience with the first game, but this looks super good! I’ll grab it for PS5 at some point, not at launch. I’m also glad it’s also coming out on Xbox. That’s a big win.

Banking on a late port.l for Switch. This game doesn't appeal to me that much and I was going to pass anyway. If it comes to Gamepass or gets a steep discount for PC, I may get it for steam deck

Where does this info come from?
If that's true, then it obviously wouldn't have been a factor, yeah.
From the producers/directors themselves during the stream.
Also they been they both been teasing a new project by them since that time.

2018 will be a period of preparation for “that reason”… and perhaps that reason will remain hidden, but I am looking forward to getting another opportunity to seeing you again!
Since SJR was just released recently, I can’t talk about my next work just yet. But it is keenly being worked on!

Honestly liking how it looks. Pretty damn baffling it's not on Switch but ATLUS has never been a company that operated on proper logic. At least with it being on PC, I'll be able to play it portable on the Steam Deck. Can't stand these long ass JRPGs on regular consoles

They’re going for the double dip money but damn this is dumb. They could’ve actually had a good shot in Japan with a Switch version

I'm no psychic or insider, but a game like this doesn't skip Switch entirely. And with no cloud version being announced, I'm pretty confident this is a late port.

I've been really enjoying SMT V and TMS was fun despite that overly happy-go-lucky, nothing is ever serious and nothing of weight ever happens atmosphere trademark of high school anime that bogged it down and the... story? If you can call it that? So I'd be down to play this but I don't know if I should wait for a late port. I guess I'll give it 6 months before getting it on my crappy laptop.

Pretty weird no switch version lol it can run witcher 3. Im sure a port is possible. Hopefully Atlus will figure it out. But we still have no persona 5 so who knows 💀

Back
Top Bottom