• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Predictions Sonic Superstars - Review prediction thread

Sonic superstars Metacritic/Opencritic score?

• 90+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 85-89

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • 80-84

Votes: 44 27.8%
  • 75-79

Votes: 65 41.1%
  • 70-74

Votes: 25 15.8%
  • <69

Votes: 16 10.1%

• Total voters
ain't no way you said luigi's mansion got no longevity. that game is 100% meat. no filler. you're in, you're out. no bullshit. replay that every halloween. i will not stand luigi's mansion slander.
Omg I specifically meant a comparison of just multiplayer modes! Fully agree that all LMs are super replayable. I always found the scarescraper to not have enough meat on the bone in comparison.

It's kind of funny how sonic is the reverse mario, where the 2d games get better reviews than the 3d ones unlike mario where it's the opposite.

77 on Opencritic now
I've preordered the ps4 version for my niece, but trying to decide between pc (can use mods, and my saturn controller), xbox (we have a series x and a series s, easy to play multiplayer in the living room) or ps5 (currently reviewed the most, but I only have two controllers for it).

Have you seen any comparisons? I can play my pc as a handheld (asus rog ally), so I don't want the switch version).

I’m listening to the OST now - this may be the most mixed bag of a game soundtrack I’ve ever heard. There are some fantastic tracks, and there are some Sonic 4 -level abominations. So weird.

Looking at more footage from reviews, it looks decent. Although, the use of stage gimmicks, especially later on, sounds disappointing. I feel like that's an issue with a lot of platformers. They try to come up with new gimmicks to change things up but they are really just diversions from what the core platforming that people are actually interested in.

Lets fucking go!
Yeah, the rough footage that I shared here (the Amy level) was a really bad slice of the game to look at. A bonus level like that isn't where they put effort into visuals and it's more about playing with her mechanics ala a challenge stage if I am understanding correctly.

Yeah, the rough footage that I shared here (the Amy level) was a really bad slice of the game to look at. A bonus level like that isn't where they put effort into visuals and it's more about playing with her mechanics ala a challenge stage if I am understanding correctly.

Yeah that was my thought when it was posted (or in the other thread?) Either way yeah definitely bad first impression lol

I've been watching some of Good Vibes Gaming's recent gameplay of it with various characters and it looks cool. I really dig the music in the underwater area, reminds me of Tidal Tempest present a little.

Yeah that was my thought when it was posted (or in the other thread?) Either way yeah definitely bad first impression lol

I've been watching some of Good Vibes Gaming's recent gameplay of it with various characters and it looks cool. I really dig the music in the underwater area, reminds me of Tidal Tempest present a little.

Omg I forgot about the rabbit og design skin

Damn it I have to get the digital deluxe

another review!

interesting that thoughts on bosses are so mixed.

That is interesting. I think the bosses strike different for us because I believe they tried to make them more so for up to 4 player co-op so there's more hazards and more hits to defeat them.

Any chance the LEGO Eggman skin becomes available later on? I’m hesitating on this pre order

I say this as a Sonic fan

Most Sonic games are mid and deserve the mediocre scores they get.
True but then you get airhead journalists who say shit like "Sonic was never good" as a common fact. like bro have you actually played any of the games?

Back
Top Bottom