• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance announced for PC and consoles, coming June 14th (UPDATE: trailer #2, see threadmarks)

A couple of things to note from Amabie's video:
-The beginning implies that the only way to get Enigma demons is through fusion accidents, which is not new for SMT. I imagine there will be some new miracles that make the process more manageable.
-The next one is Artemis, which confirms that the DLC demons from V Vanilla will be featured in these videos. Hopefully, they can keep the pace up so my prediction of 45 total new demons can also be proven true.

I wonder if they'll still have special quests for the DLC demons, or if they will just be available more generally now.

Also two months to release day!

Here's the new trailer with Switch footage:

Maybe it's just copium but it looks like it runs a little better than vanilla SMT5, if it matters to anybody.

Maybe it's just copium but it looks like it runs a little better than vanilla SMT5, if it matters to anybody.

SMTV was Atlus' first title developed on Unreal Engine and production had to deal with the Covid pandemic at the time so I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to improve how the updated release runs on the Switch with those obstacles out of the way.

So it seems like the two story paths will start to diverge during the “school arc” section of the game/after the first desert area? At least that’s what I’m gathering from the previews

The atlustube daily demon videos continue to confuse me by which demons they're showcasing. They're mostly new demons and DLC demons, but also full of some random old demons that were in the vanilla game too?

Like, I think this one is new to Vengeance:

But then tomorrow is Pyro Jack of all things...?

Actually I don't believe this is Switch footage at all but the PC version with Switch props, the vanilla version is way blurrier than the trailer, if anything, the final version could be closer to the Direct footage from February.

So I don't think this has been shared in here yet (boo me if it has), but we are getting a broadcast giving an overview detailing new and improved stuff in Vengeance in ~23 hours, if my math is correct:

Man, seeing all those improvements have raised my excitement for this game. This will be the perfect to play during summer, especially since I'll be out and about a lot this season. One other thing, I would love it if the icon for this matches the one for SMTIII: Nocturne; the OG SMTV icon is boring compared to that one.
This will surely have an upgraded version for the Switch 2, right?

...Right?
Knowing Atlus they'll release a version specifically for the Switch 2, but a small part is hoping they'll just release a next-gen patch for those of us who grab the Switch version.

The amount of new features and upgrades is really, really good. Can't wait to dive back into this.

...I just wish that it was a few more weeks removed from Shadow of the Erdtree

The amount of new stuff will make Creation route a lot easier compared to V
I do wonder if the game as a whole will be easier with all the new stuff - might be time to do a Hard Mode playthrough. But it depends on if they tweaked things to balance out the new changes, especially in Vengeance path - might wait on reviews.

Back
Top Bottom