• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Shin Megami Tensei V - Pre-release Discussion Thread

Are you hyped??

• Yes

Votes: 167 74.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • The option that'll lead to me failing this negotiation after spending half my Macca and 5 Life Stone

Votes: 47 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there is this post as well as this one but I don't think there's anything reliable yet. I'm just hoping for the best. My baseless guess is that the update doesn't change the performance or graphics at all if I'm being honest.

The first one goes into a lot of detail, I think it's legit. A bit of a resolution decrease for more stable performance is a fair trade, although it's weird the reviews didn't mention performance being that bad.

The first one goes into a lot of detail, I think it's legit. A bit of a resolution decrease for more stable performance is a fair trade, although it's weird the reviews didn't mention performance being that bad.
I just think most people don't mind framerate issues to be honest. If your enjoyment suffers due to poor performance, you usually have to research specific sites and communities that specialize on performance related issues.

Quoted by: Leo
I just think most people don't mind framerate issues to be honest. If your enjoyment suffers due to poor performance, you usually have to research specific sites and communities that specialize on performance related issues.

It's just that so many people were talking about the performance like it's a huge deal, but I guess that was just hyperbolic overreacting again. I'm usually fine with some hiccups, MHS2 was fine for me for example. RPGs don't require precision after all.

People were exaggerating the performance to justify pirating and emulation. Obviously a top of the line PC that can emulate the Switch will run the game better, but the Switch performance is fine. We would've heard things from JP release if that wasn't the case.

One of the early areas was kinda rough and the menuing felt a bit sluggish is what I heard from someone who got the game early. Supposedly fixed now so that's good.

It's just that so many people were talking about the performance like it's a huge deal, but I guess that was just hyperbolic overreacting again. I'm usually fine with some hiccups, MHS2 was fine for me for example. RPGs don't require precision after all.
What, people exaggerating performance issues for a Switch exclusive? This is unprecedented!

Personally I just never bother with looking at enthusiasts posts about performance since it's something that very rarely has any impact on my enjoyment of a game. Like, even the poster child for bad Switch performance, Age of Calamity, barely bothers me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom