• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Shin Megami Tensei V - Pre-release Discussion Thread

Are you hyped??

• Yes

Votes: 167 74.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • The option that'll lead to me failing this negotiation after spending half my Macca and 5 Life Stone

Votes: 47 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are y'all gonna name your Nahobino?

I always name my characters "Leo" (duh), but I'm thinking about going with a Japanese name this time. It bothers me when I play SMT that my name stands out against the japanese characters. Might go with "Shiyuu Ren" which is
still an adaptation of my name to japanese.

I always use the canon name if there is one, so Aogami, I think?

Edit: Got confused. What is the canon name?

Not entirely sure on the hour, but it seems like an appropriate time to post this:

a67.png

There isn't one, at least not yet. They'll probably get one eventually with manga/anime/what-have-you adaptations like Atlus' other nameless protagonists, but for now us "canon name" folk are left helpless.

Not entirely sure on the hour, but it seems like an appropriate time to post this:

a67.png
Close! I think you're technically an hour late (for NA) but eh details

There isn't one, at least not yet. They'll probably get one eventually with manga/anime/what-have-you adaptations like Atlus' other nameless protagonists, but for now us "canon name" folk are left helpless.

Close! I think you're technically an hour late (for NA) but eh details
Noooo! So there will be no standard name already written in the textbox? Damn it, now I have to get creative.

It's plenty possible to make low level demons strong in most SMT games if you know what you're doing, I'd be surprised if it wasn't in 5. Stat boosters, backwards fusing into them for inheritance and then releveling, etc could all be things. I wouldn't do it on your first playthrough though, that'd end up being frustrating.

How the hell did they achieve that? I guess that they fused two strong demons with high-level skills and used the grimoires DLC to level them up till 99, otherwise I cannot explain myself how this is possible.

I always name my characters "Leo" (duh), but I'm thinking about going with a Japanese name this time. It bothers me when I play SMT that my name stands out against the japanese characters. Might go with "Shiyuu Ren" which is

Joseki like all the nameless protagonists I play as.

Ngl i forget how meaty SMT games are from a gameplay perspective and V has a lot of shit I need to add to the ST lmao.

I gotta explain Glory and Essences.

Who has two thumbs and just had his Collectors Edition shipped by Amazon.de?

This guy! (No, not Bob Kelso)
Sweet! They shipped my regular copy yesterday, maybe I actually end up getting something early for the first time.

How the hell did they achieve that? I guess that they fused two strong demons with high-level skills and used the grimoires DLC to level them up till 99, otherwise I cannot explain myself how this is possible.
Most likely reverse fusing into them, IE starting with high lvl demon that has good skills and fusing them with lower level demons till get you back at the low level demon with the skills you want, then DLC grinding them up to 99.

There isn't one, or at least they didn't tell us yet. Demi-fiend never got a canon name, so I'm not sure there will be one.

I asked the shop I pre-ordered and they said it will be shipped today. Any moment now ... it doesn't help that the game comes in a perfect time for me to play over the weekend.
Edit: yess now it's shipped!

Last edited:

They currently have live music in this stream, no idea for how much longer, though.

Edit: It's over. They played a short medley from SMT1 through 4(A?).

Last edited:
Bruh, I've been listening to bits and pieces of the OST thats leaked and my God, the fucking demi-fiend battle theme slaps!!! The only one I've listened to so far the entire way through

I'm getting nervous about Gamestop getting my copy to me anytime soon. Probably should have just went digital for this one, oh well.

Was watching the stream and mulling over the fact that I've gotten used to including the daily demon reveals as part of a morning routine. Expect that it'll take a few days after release to tiredly remember that they've been completed.

At least it's only a 24 hours delay and not a 24 months one like in the olden days.

Japanese stream of the game happening here, not sure for how long:

At least it's only a 24 hours delay and not a 24 months one like in the olden days.
Thats unacceptable, with such a delay they should not be surprised that people go to pirates for their fix,
nintendo and atlus i is clearly not trying to sell us the product.

/s (sarcasm)

is there a particular reason why a day early?

Thats unacceptable, with such a delay they should not be surprised that people go to pirates for their fix,
nintendo and atlus i is clearly not trying to sell us the product.

/s (sarcasm)

Properly just because lol.

We had to wait ~7-8 months for Nocturne HD to be "translated". One day is unheard of for Atlus games.
I know i know, but with 8 months, its clear that one version is done and the other is not. Here with just a day, both are done, so im confused why not release it on the same date. I dont care, honestly, just curious.

No idea. I vaguely recall that this has been a thing before with some other Japanese games, but I can't think of an example from the top of my head.

Nooooo! My copy was delayed at unknown amount of days... It could be a week or so like Metroid or more, not idea at the moment. DX

I'm so disappointed I didn't find the game early. 😥 I'll just get it off the eshop tomorrow.

I might go for some biblical name to really drive home the whole "killing God" stuff, like Cain

So if anybody else is worried about Nintendo Store not shipping their Fall of Man/physical copy in time, I was promised by the Nintendo Customer rep that it would arrive on Friday and she gave me a postal reference number and will be receiving shipping notification very soon. They really want us to get it on the actual release date, not a day, hour, second sooner. They don't ship at the weekend though. So if it doesn't show up on Friday, then you're shit outta luck.

Musical ochestra performance of smt music, the last two tracks from IV are my fav :)

Oh cool, they uploaded it as a separate video! I also loved the Fiend theme from Nocturne.

Gonna use my name. I end up lame like that and doing it all the time for anything that allows me to haha.

Any news on the performance post patch?
Well there is this post as well as this one but I don't think there's anything reliable yet. I'm just hoping for the best. My baseless guess is that the update doesn't change the performance or graphics at all if I'm being honest.

Quoted by: Leo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom