• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion SEGABOARDS General Discussion Thread |ST19 April 2023| SEGABOARDS does what Nindendon't

Also this looks rad as hell, why doesn't it post like this?

Wmxre0I.png

I can't wait until the news is official that Yuji Naka is back at Sega and developing a new Sonic game on the basis of Balan Wonderworld.
He will also be appointed as the new lead designer for the Yakuza series.

There's so much to look forward too.
Your new avatar is sending me 🤣

I like the idea. Really. But I think I need to change for the occasion. To the gaming's most underrated hero!

Looking forward to Sega buying out that fraud Nintendo and releasing the Game Gear Swap.

It’s beautiful

I wish this theme was an permanent option lol
well we can still use the wario theme from last year sooo

I don't mind the idea, but could I at least get the old fonts back? It's really hard to read the Sega fonts (this thread seems fine though.. hm)
scroll down to the very bottom of the page and click the pencil next to the word Sega. choose the new theme “Sega - no font”

The old fonts have been added to this theme. Look at the bottom theme drop down and select “Sega - no font”
Yeah thats way nicer. My only suggestion is to make the grid bg a little dimmer so it sticks out less. Love this skin unironically though, I think I'll keep it lol

The Chao sounds are affecting me deeply, how do I get one in real life, melting my heart

Is there a Chao Garden in Sonic Adventure 2 on the GameCube?
Yea!! All versions of the adventure games has them. There's also Advance 1 (and 2 via unlockable) has a tiny one thats sprite based and its pretty cute.

Let’s all remember how great it was when sega came up with the idea to assign the run button to the trigger in those NFL 2K sports games. Yes that was their idea. Praise Sega.

I'm just gonna say it, Michael Katz laid the groundwork for what really made the Genesis become successful in the U.S., and Tom Kalinski benefitted massively from good timing with Sonic.

Had a nightmare where I was signed up for a modern Nintendo forum. So glad that was fake.

Anyway, anyone else excited for Shining Force 18?

Sega's cool but I miss Nintendo. They went out on a sick note with the Gamecube. I mean, I love the DreamCast as much as anyone, and we wouldn't have gotten the Sega Wii without it, but my heart is in the Gamecube.

Had a nightmare where I was signed up for a modern Nintendo forum. So glad that was fake.

Anyway, anyone else excited for Shining Force 18?
They're just going to use it as an excuse to add more anime sword fighters to Super Sega Bros. Aren't there already like 8?

I'm just gonna say it, Michael Katz laid the groundwork for what really made the Genesis become successful in the U.S., and Tom Kalinski benefitted massively from good timing with Sonic.
This isn't really fair. Kalinski might have gotten lucky with Sonic but he also saw Sonic's potential and is at the very least partially responsible for him being the icon that he is today. He fought really hard to get Sonic 1 as the bundle and was right.

This isn't really fair. Kalinski might have gotten lucky with Sonic but he also saw Sonic's potential and is at the very least partially responsible for him being the icon that he is today. He fought really hard to get Sonic 1 as the bundle and was right. Sega's biggest issues were mostly stemming from the mismanagement in their main office and it's weird how often their downfall is blamed on the guy who oversaw probably their most successful period anywhere in any region console wise.
Oh Kalinski was definitely a good business man, and I was admittedly posting this to contribute to Sega Centric discourse. But I do think Michael Katz is somewhat underrated in terms of what he did while Kalinski is seen as hero, and a lot of that comes down to the Console Wars book and some other material, and he really did do a lot of the things that helped Sega during the Genesis era.

Back
Top Bottom